• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Unknown Crisis IC (full)

N7KK7
After a moment of Z's, Nikki rolled over, snuggling the grass a bit, then slowly rose to her feet as she rubbed her eyes. Mumbling a groan, she followed the others.

The third floor was was for exno fauna that thrived in conditions similar to earth. The Hab here was normally sealed in between bioms- however the doors hung open. The lay out here was simplified, a single loop that went directly through each biom and a internal loop of each bio. These walk ways were cat walks, or domed off like a tunnel through an aquarium tank. It was quieter here. However the large exno specimens had gotten up into the higher levels it had not been through the visitor entrances. There was plenty of back of house on this level and the map indicated spiraling ramps in between each level in case of emergency and creatures too willy for a freight elevator. There are 6 habitats on the level in a clockwise pattern from the entrance, each with extensive interactive information on each. from the entrance clock wise we have

four short snouted Weaver's creature from Tau-Tau'li (this exhibit is viewed from cat walks)

a7129b2d20f82655c9cf2c371c889dd7.jpg

six Cadaver dogs of Orange4 (this exhibit is viewed from cat walks)

5f2ac06e4a0570e6863d26d25f839dc6.jpg

a mated pair of Adrothy5 fliers. (this enclosure features the transparent walk tunnels)

07449463565b71f2a5798dd8b0d52d1f.jpg

A single Goldman's Vulture from Golith1 (this enclosure features the transparent walk tunnels)

e04f1fcfbe10dcb8519d6d9ae756b509.jpg

A single Yuvarian Stealth walker. It and the adrothy5 fliers are some of the best examples of convergent evolution available at the zoo and neither exhibit shuts up about it. (this gentle creature is viewed from behind hard light walls just as in Savannah above. these hardlight walls are now of course down)

38a69c0ae68545cdda01807ab5012b07.jpg

three Xaerian kangaroo (this enclosure features the transparent walk tunnels)

a Single Shivian bubble creature (this exhibit is viewed from cat walks)

25 gribbles from the Verenti system (this exhibit is viewed from cat walks)

867df1711b8a7973542d6ced9d19a5bf.jpg

Three Un-horse-shoe-crabs from Frenec9 (this enclosure features the transparent walk tunnels)

19767fa3d03051557708e955e5a230c9.jpg

8 Pseudo otters of Gravix (this exhibit is viewed from cat walks)

570384e0bf2777894d966596cf291058.jpg

As the team enters the short snouted weaver's beast is to the right and to the left are the pseudo otters. containment on this floor seems more intact due to the physical nature of the exhibits design. The hard light walls are down in the stealth walkers exhibit. The exit is at the 6 oclock position and the team is curently at the 12 oclock. map not to scale. I'm very very talented your'e welcome.
zoo level 3.png

Last edited:
Cathal MacKay

Cathal squinted at the map, trying to plan the safest route through the third level, when he saw the exhibit by the exit.

"Motherfucker," he swore. "When we get out of here, I'm going to find whoever decided to put the godforsaken kangaroos by the exit, and I'm going to beat the shit out of them. What the fuck." He crumpled up the map and stuffed it back in his pocket.

Kevin Starr

Kevin looked at the map and frowned in his pod. They had to choose one way or the other, it seemed. Hm.

"Would you rather face a Yuvarian Stealth Walker?... Actually, would a solitary animal like that even think about attacking a group this big?... Anyway, I hope the walkways and tunnels can hold Gamma. Real heavy..." He said, thinking hard. The path ending with the Yuvarian Stealth Walker also featured a number of other highly aggressive predators, while the path ending on the kangaroos featured mostly smaller, less threatening animals. Then again... The Yuvarian Stealth walker appeared to be the only creature contained by hardlight walls. Did any of the others even get out? Hm.

"We know the Yuvarian's out, but is anything else? Do we have any intel on what's out, or are we flying blind? Nikki, you'd have that, right?... Or... Eppie, maybe you'd know which path is safer based on what's out there?"

Miranda Menendez​

Making a judgement call about which side to take is less straightforward than it seems. On the one hand, the leftward path involved dealing with potentially aggressive hunters or scavengers who might be emboldened by the recent chaos; the rightward path, however, could introduce them to creatures that, while less physically imposing, could make up for that with cunning and mischief. Either way involves organisms whose behaviors are subjects of ongoing study - as the map itself admits - and that there is plenty of room left for surprises.

"What a lovely collection!" Miranda comments, looking over the map and even crouching to give Zephyr a good look. "Look at all the playmates, Zephyr! Whichever way we go is certain to be exciting."

"While I'm excited to see some of the specimens they've collected or engineered, I'm sure taking either path is bound to have its surprises," Miranda says to the rest of the group, putting the map back in her pocket. I for one would be interested to see the specimens on our left side, the unhorseshoe crabs and the shivan bubble creature in particular, as there's a chance they might be more inquisitive than aggressive than creatures named 'cadaver dogs' and 'goldman's vulture.'"

Zephyr only sniffs at the air, clicking softly in anticipation for the thrills to come.

"I fucking love gribbles," Donny said to himself.
"Of course you do," Goody said, and then to Miranda, "Wish we were here for fun."
the coms squealed to life and chaya came over the radio; "Hello team- I finally strong armed the local authorities and have it on good account that the zoo has an analog shut down for local systems. I've marked the map, you'll have to override the security or rip it off the handles to get in at it- there's four on this level. cheers." included in the new map are the fact that there are entrances to the staff areas in every enclosure. The analog emergency switches are accessible from the guest path save for the one in the staff area.

switch map.png

June checked the switches on the map.

"Mmm I think each switch near the cages controls the walls around that cage. But the staff switch...what part does that control, I wonder?"

She paced the catwalk. If she were to design such a building, she would use the staff switch as an override. There was an established outlet for hardlight directly across from where the team stood, which she could work with once she got the switches on. But it was so far away!

Just running up to the switches close to it would certainly get the animals' attention. With vultures and other strange critters she'd never seen before, June couldn't afford to take her time crossing the catwalks.

"If I can get next to the Stealth Walker's cage, I can drop a line to the staff switch. If I'm right, powering on the staff switch first will give us a chance to get the zoo's barriers to work for us."

She picked up a zoo token resting on the edge of the rail.

" Buuut I need someone strong and fast to pull the line up and another friend to cover us both so the animals don't get in the way. Anybody wanna flip a coin?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back