• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern University? With Greek Gods?

Ms MistyEye

Plot (simplified)

After betrayal at the hands of Hades, all of the Greek Gods are slaughtered and their souls reincarnated in the mortal realm. Here they are drawn together and live somewhat normal lives, inexplicably flawless at the certain aspects of life that relate to their divinity. Drawn together by divine Fate the newborn Gods attend the same university, living together in the same halls. It is here that Hades has finally tracked them down, hell-bent on capturing Zeus. The students are forced to rapidly unlock their divine abilities and protect the King of Kings against Hades' attacks.
Plot (detailed)

After the fall of the Greek empires, their Gods were all but forgotten. Their temples were sacked and all sacrifices stopped. Understandably this really pissed them off. They withdrew from the world, leaving humanity to fend for themselves, the absence of divinity was seen as punishment enough.

In 1995 however, Hades sat upon his immortal throne, brimming with frustration. Humanity had found new ways to defeat death at every turn and whilst they bred in greater numbers, Hades hated to be cheated. He demanded a summit of the gods be held and Zeus obliged, gathering all deities, major or otherwise.

"What is the meaning of this Brother?" Zeus addressed Hades as the last of the divine took their places. They had gathered in the underworld, one of the last remaining refuges from the prying eyes of humanity. Hades' looked towards his brother, his sunken eyes glowing with a dull purple.
"When we agreed to withdraw from the world we were promised that it would result in humanity suffering! Yet with each day they grow stronger, inventing new ways to ward off death and avoid war!" Hades roared, gaining the attention of a visually agitated Ares who grunted in agreement. "They need to be punished once again, their new power is destroying the very earth itself, it's plant-life is being ripped up!" He continued, his gaunt face looking over to Demeter who nodded surly in agreement. "Simply put, more must be done to see them ground into the dirt!" He concluded, smashing a bony fist into his opposing palm. A murmur filled the room as Hades vocalised the thoughts many had already been experiencing.
Zeus could sense the tension in the room rising and swiftly sought to impose his authority. A crack of thunder quickly brought the room to silence, after a brief pause he spoke. "The humans will bring about their own downfall given enough time! Already their greed and gluttony drives them further and further apart." Zeus insisted. He had had this plan in place for almost 2000 years and he refused to admit there was anything even remotely bad about it.
"But how much time?!" Ares roared, bursting from his seat. "The humans mock me with their 'United Nations." He scoffed, several minor war deities voicing their agreement.
"At least they named a planet after you!" Apollo shouted bitterly.
"They destroy our forests!" Cried out a particularly brave nymph.
"They pollute our waters!"
"We are reduced to fairytales!"
"Enough!" Zeus roared, blue light flicking from his eyes. "My word is final! There will be no action taken against the humans!"
"Then you are not only a weak king but also a fool!" Hades sneered, rising from his throne and walking to the centre of the hall. A sudden hush fell over the room as the other gods watched as Hades dared to challenge the King of Kings.
"Watch your words brother!" Zeus spoke firmly, his eyes steeled. "All who disobey the Sky-father suffer fatal consequences" He continued, rising to his feet.
"The humans disobeyed us and now they flourish! You are nothing but a coward!" Hades continued, a sly smile playing behind his lips. "Though if you think you can truly harm me, you better hit me with the strongest thunderbolt you have."
"You impudent welp!" Zeus shouted, drawing a thunderbolt and taking aim at his brother.
Athena who had sat quietly until now suddenly noticed something, a crack in the floor beneath Hades, a misplaced tile perhaps although a fiery aura slowly seeped out. Her mind worked quickly, drawing two and two together before she was overcome by a dark realisation.
"Father wait!" She shouted just as Zeus let his iconic weapon fly. True to Hades' teasing it was the strongest attack he could muster flying straight at where Hades stood. Hades saw the bolt coming and with a maddened grin stepped aside at the last moment. The bolt hit the floor releasing an enormous explosion which sent every God and Goddess flying. When Zeus, King of Olympus, returned to his feet to inspect the damage, he came to the same realisation that Athena had moments before. The place above which Hades had built his hall, the precise spot he had stood upon when he taunted Zeus was the gate to Tartarus itself. From the crater in the middle of the room slowly emerged all of the monsters and demons the gods had fought and defeated over the years, Typhon, Kronos, The Hecatonchires who had displeased Zeus in later years. They all appeared, thirsty for revenge.

In the battle that ensued, Hades rallied these monster to his side with promises of freedom, Several Gods including Ares and Demeter also joined his ranks. These gods alongside cohorts of desperate souls swiftly swarmed the remaining Gods loyal to Zeus. When the dust cleared, Zeus lay on the floor beaten and bloodied. All the other Gods lay dead though with no one to collect their souls, as Thanatos too had died in the battle, they simply drifted away, their divine essence searching for anywhere to take hold.
"I have won brother, surrender or meet the same fate as your children." Hades laughed, pressing down with his foot on Zeus' wounded chest. "But first, Tell me where you hid Prometheus!" Hades ordered, his master plan finally falling into place. Prometheus had been the first to give fire to man, allowing them to cook and stay warm in their earliest days. Now though, they relied on it for everything, their weapons, transport and energy. without fire and combustion their entire civilisation would fall apart and be sent back to the stone age. Prometheus had gifted this fire in the form of an eternal flame, with which all fires were linked. The flame itself was hidden away in a place only known to him. Hence, finding Prometheus meant finding the flame, finding the flame meant ending civilisation.
"I rather DIE than tell you where Prometheus is which is something you would surely get out of me through torture if someone doesn't KILL ME." Zeus spoke, perhaps a bit too obviously. Hades smiled, his eyes lighting up with devilish glee, oblivious to the true meaning of Zeus's words. Before Hades could utter another sound a golden arrow embedded itself in the Sky-father's eye, sinking deep and causing him to slump down lifeless. Hades spun around in a fit of rage to see a legless Apollo propped up against some rubble, bow in hand. With a roar Hades spun around and slaughtered his nephew, his plan severely complicated.

Hades knew that without refuge in the underworld a divine soul would look elsewhere, the most common place being the mortal realm. He would have to scour the earth until he found the King of Gods once more. His assumption was correct, one by one the divine souls left the battlefield and took up refuge in the bodies of mortals soon to be born up above. Born into the human world, these reincarnated souls have no memory of their divine past, most of them have no idea they are Gods at all. Of course the excel at almost everything they do, they rarely injure themselves and suffer no illness but to them it is merely coincidence. Under the surface, deep in their subconscious their divinity strives. It drew them all to England, to the same university, to the same accommodation. There they continue their human lives, all sharing the same dream of a hellish slaughter. Hades draws nearer day by day. Let's hope these students can unlock their divine potential in time for his arrival.
Rules

- 2+ paragraphs would be highly appreciated as well as decent literacy.
- Maximum 3 characters per person.
- People must post twice a week unless they have let me or a co-GM know, if a character hasn't posted in a week they will be killed off (or maybe just switch schools, no need to be that dramatic I guess).
Players can assume the role of any lesser or greater Deity from Greek mythology (other than Zeus or Hades) as well as any lesser beings such as nymphs or magical creatures.
- These beings are reincarnated in a human body with relevant talents (Hermes would be a brilliant track athlete, Poseidon would love the beach ect.) although all other traits can be varied such as gender, race or personality type. This means that Gods which originally sided with Hades can have a change of heart.

Oh, me! Me! I'm interested *clapping hands and jumping up and down with enthusiasm* I would like to be the reincarnation of Artemis if that's possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back