• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

.sheep.wolf.

click clack
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
In a world where soulmates are randomly chosen, 8 people move into a college house. All of them have soulmates, but they don't know who. The pairs can hear one another's thoughts, but all thoughts involving personal info are blocked out until they meet...
~ ~ ~

Welcome to the University of Lost Hearts, where we house our soulmates and watch things play out. You have just moved into a college home with 7 others and one of them is your soulmate. Upon first sight, the house looks quite roomy, but is actually bigger than it may seem. Each part of the house is dedicated to one person. Each member of the house is given a bathroom, bedroom, closet, and a small room that they can turn into whatever they'd like. You may decorate your section however you'd like. The house is also furnished with one large kitchen as well as a garden and pool, keep this in mind as you read the rules. Rule number one, keep quiet past the hour of 11 PM and before the hour of 8 AM, this is due to the elderly housing unit nearby. We wouldn't want them complaining. Rule number two, avoid any violence within the house, as it is rude and not needed. If you are breaking out in a fight, at least take it outside. Rule number three, have fun! This house was designed to be as comfortable as possible to all of its guests, so please, make yourself at home! Enjoy your stay at the University of Lost Hearts!

~ ~ ~

It was a cool, crisp end of summer morning, and College would be starting in a week. The house was asleep, awaiting the new tenants. The College was only just beginning to become alive with life, as the teachers begun returning with the rest of the staff. More and more students arrived, staying in dorms or houses. The sun was already rising, and a slight breeze set in as the young students all began their journey to the house. Who knows what it will bring?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bane woke up with a yawn. They looked around, slightly delirious. They squinted at their clock, trying to read the time in the dark. They sighed, and rolled out of bed. It was around 4:30 am. Normally they wouldn't wake up till later, as in like 6:00 am, but today they just couldn't go back to sleep.. They rubbed their eyes as they stumbled into their bathroom. They didn't remember today was the day they'd leave and go to the house until they were half-way done showering.

They struggled to get into the black jumper they wanted to wear, as they were multi-tasking. After finally stumbling down the stairs, and dodging the three other siblings, they grabbed two pieces of toast and headed back up to their room. They were putting on simple makeup, or to them it was. It was simple black eye-liner with golden eye-shadow, and a bit of blush. They rushed back downstairs, and quickly put on their high-top converse shoes, while hopping around.

Finally, they hopped into their truck and begun driving. They only were going from Redding, California to somewhere near Sacramento, California. So about two hours and a half. About half way, they had stopped for coffee, which was the only stop. Soon, they finally rolled into the drive-way of the house, and took a deep breath, "How many of us are living here again?" They muttered under their breath as they turned off the truck.

It was about 1:00 pm when they arrived, and it was a Thursday. Monday they start school, which means they have a few days. Well, let the adventures begin!
- - -
melancholy_mushrooms melancholy_mushrooms Dreamurr Dreamurr Evarius Evarius Lurker Lurker Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork Unicutie Unicutie Chimeric Chimeric

"Tess! The human isn't going to wait forever!" The forest was ablaze with activity that morning. This was, after all, the first time one of their kind had ever left for the human world. Something that sounded simple but proved to be significantly more complicated than anyone in the clan had thought. The first hurdle they had to overcome was how to get Tess to the school in the first place. None of the pixies had ever needed to go far outside of the forest so there were no cars. Tess had been asking the visiting humans how they got around and eventually found out about 'Uber'. The next step had been securing a phone which no one had.

"I know, I know!" Tess shouted back as she flew around the house frantically. She had been packing all night with excitement but still had more to do. Her Mother was watching her and offered to help but Tess had told her multiple times not to bother. Clothes, gifts from other pixies, random human objects Tess had collected from passing visitors, everything she could think of was being stuffed in an oversized suitcase. After several more minutes of packing and her mother rushing her Tess was finally done. "Are you sure you have everything?" "Yes mom I got it." Tess flew over and hugged her mother hard. She was acting brave but really she was terrified of leaving the forest. Mother smiled and hugged her daughter back and kissed the top of her head. "You're gonna do great hon. You'll be back to see us in no time." Tess nodded and broke off the hug.

The suitcase was bulging at the sides with all the stuff in it. Tess had to switch into her human form to even have a chance of dragging it over to the car. She had made it halfway to the waiting human when she remembered she had forgotten something. "Wait the money!" The suitcase fell as Tess popped back into pixie form and flew top speed back to her house. Most of the people in the village had gathered to watch Tess leave and most of them smiled as she flew off after shouting. They knew the forest would be a lot quieter without her around and she had always been willing to lend people a hand that needed it.

The pixie zipped back into the house and reached under her pillow for the large stack of bills. The money meant so much more than getting to school for her and everyone else. No one in the village had any human money. To get to the school she had chosen would require a LOT of money. The entire village had banded together for a week to host a fair of sorts. Humans from all over came to see what the deal was and were surprised to find human currency accepted for the first time in the village's history. They had just barely raised all the money they would need and Tess would be eternally grateful to everyone in the forest.

The village tailor had also made her a dress in the style of traditional pixie garb. It was so beautiful and Tess never wanted to take it off. She was also wearing black spandex shorts. When you were flying around you had to take protection from wandering eyes. Everyone knew that. After what seemed like forever but had really only been 10 minutes since the car got there, Tess was ready. She drug the suitcase the rest of the distance to the car and smiled, handing the driver the money. "Oh you really don't have to give it to me y-" "Keep the change!" Tess grinned. She had heard a human say that once and always wanted to say it herself.

Her father had placed the suitcase in the trunk of the car and hugged his daughter. After waving to the entire village and holding back tears Tess was finally on her way. It was the first time she had ever been out of the forest and her curiosity was getting the better of her. "What's that? And that! And that? Oh my goodness what IS THAT!?" She would point at anything that caught her interest and the driver would laugh and tell her. She liked him a lot.

Hundreds of questions later and a long car ride later, they pulled up in front of the house. Tess gasped audibly and mashed her face against the window in excitement. "This is the house I'm going to be staying at!?" It's so big!" The uber driver laughed again and popped the trunk. He got out of the car and got her suitcase for her, placing it to the side of the car. Tess ran over and gave the driver a big hug. "Thank you!" She then grabbed her suitcase and began dragging it towards the house. She was so excited however that she soon left it on the walkway to the door and sprinted up the stairs. She opened the door, completely ignoring the truck sitting in the driveway, and popped into pixie form. Tess began flying all over the house, checking out the rooms and inspecting every little nook and cranny. "This is awesome!" She shouted as her voice echoed through the otherwise empty house.
____

Tess' Dress

Finally! Summer was over! Jayden could not wait to get out of their parent's house and go back to college. There, they could be their true self without the people that were once closest to them insulting them every time they tried. Jayden smiled too excited to sleep in any longer, besides, it wasn’t like they were even asleep in the first place. The night before school starts is always the worst, and Jayden could never get more than 2 hours of sleep. Why sleep when you could be stressing about who your new roommates were or if your teachers were going to be nice? Not to mention the ever-present fear, or excitement, that your soulmate might be one of those roommates. It was always a possibility that it could happen, but Jayden wasn’t sure if their soulmate would ever like a person like them. I mean sure, Jayden knew that they looked like a goddess twenty-four seven and was happy with who they were, but would others?

It doesn't matter. Jayden pushed those thoughts away, like they always do, and began to get ready to leave for college. They decided to go for one of their favorite looks, which was a feminine body with chest-length blue hair that had an undercut and bangs. Unfortunately, they couldn’t change the eye color, which was a dull honey brown. There wasn’t anything wrong with people who had brown eyes. In fact, they thought brown eyes were quite beautiful, but sometimes they wished they could change their eyes for a bit of variety. Jayden laughed at themself. Here they were complaining about freaking shapeshifting! How ridiculous.

They quickly got dressed and went downstairs hoping to avoid their dad, who usually got up around this time to go to work. Jayden guessed that he had to go to a meeting early because he wasn’t at the kitchen table. However, their mom was. Their scrunched-up eyebrows relaxed as they realized they weren't going to have to face any passive-aggressive comments before they left.

“Good morning mom,” Jayden said with a smile.

Their mom looked up from her computer. It was probably some work stuff. She was always like that, working more hours than she should, never being able to see her family. It wasn’t like their mom didn’t like to see them, it was just that she never tried to get off any time to spend time with her family.

Removing her glasses and rubbing her swollen and dark eyes, she smiled and asked, “Good morning love. Did you sleep well?”

“I slept okay.”

That was a total lie.

“The real question I should be asking is how did you sleep?” Jayden’s eyebrows creased again.

Their mother huffed a little. “Don’t worry about me, darling. I just had some work stuff I needed to sort out, but I promise I will take a nap after.”

Jayden hummed and stared at her for a while trying to tell if she was lying or not. She would always do this, stay up all night just to please her boss and get some extra work done. It was rude of her boss to expect this much from the poor woman.

“Fine. But I can stay one more day if you want me to.” They eyed her suspiciously, making sure she was really fine.

“No, no, no!” Their mom shook her head at Jayden, which was framed by wavy brown hair and bangs. “We will not have any of that! You will be going to college and you will be meeting your new roommates today! I will not have you being held back by my bad decisions. If anything happens, your father will take care of me, so don't worry. He will only be a few minutes more. He will be home shortly. You should wait for him so you can say goodbye.”

They rolled their eyes at the father bit of the speech. He was as much of a father to them as was the lunch lady at their high school. Plus, that man could barely take care of himself. He was a man-child if anything at all. Jayden meant no offense, but no way in hell would they stay and say goodbye to their so-called dad. Actually, Jayden meant full offense.

“Okay, if you say so. But I’m not saying goodbye to dad. He doesn't deserve it.” They said as they moved to the toaster to prepare a slice of bread.

They could feel her disappointing eyes, matched with a disappointed frown, stare into the back of their head.
“You know he loves you Jayden.”

“Yeah really deep inside. Like I mean really really deep.” Jayden gave the piece of bread a death glare. Deciding they had given it enough grief, they quickly put it in.

30 minutes later, Jayden hugged their mother and left for the airport. The cool breeze blew through their hair, and the morning dew on the front yard glimmered in the early morning sunlight. This would be the last sight of their memory-ridden house for a whole year. It was bitter-sweet.

Next thing they knew they had already flown over the united states and were in an uber, almost to the house. Finally, they arrived.
“Wow…” Jayden audibly gasped at the size of the house. They had seen pictures of what they were moving into, but the size of the enormous building could not be translated through a picture. It shadowed over them like an intimidating teacher, but they weren’t in school yet. This was a place where they were going to make friends and live their life to the best of their ability. They would make sure they would make the most of it. Jayden ran past the truck outside and entered the house hoping to claim the biggest room first, but suddenly they heard another excited voice inside their head that wasn’t theirs at all.
Their look

Last edited:

LIRAN KNOTT.

• mood

tired, apprehensive

"this is a dialogue."
Thoughts. Liran awake, albeit barely, hovers to his closet with just the skin of his toes scooting across the floor. The air quivers in the rouse of low, long
"hrm"s
as he groggily sifts through clothes. Not half a second later, he remembers he doesn't need to lift a finger. His wardrobe rakes hangers one by one until his mind tells it to pause, start again, and when he found something, slide it off the rack. There were moments where he thought about leaving in nothing but his briefs with his eldritch form as his outfit instead. But that was about as appropriate as his preference for skinny dipping. He finds something plain, a white tee-shirt, a pair of sweatpants, and some sandals he couldn't wait to kick off. Hair brushed through, face washed, and even with two hours of sleep in the last.... shit, I don't even know... the Eldritch was train-chugging through clearing the place out of his belongings, for today was a moving day!

Coffee in one hand, the other picks up boxes and appliances to place in his closet which would be opened again later at his new residence. No U-Haul or movers necessary for his travel. The biggest challenge for Liran would be living in a mansion with 6 other people, but he'd let this sit too long to back out now. He was determined to be more social and so he would apply his effort, though often illusions of poor outcomes plagued him with him ending up giving some sap a new face. He chose to walk to the house without taking any transportation despite how long it would take. He had no car of his own, which was a good thing for the public given his style of driving. Being able to phase through people, walls, and just about anything at his whim made it easy to bypass crowds and natural obstacles. In his journey he had airbuds cradled in his ears, nulling any greetings from strangers with music.

Eventually, he was striding up the driveway of an impressive building with some of the roommates already arrived. He wished he could say he was excited with the opportunity of making friends, but he knew himself and that not everyone will like you. That was fine, it was being able to tolerate whatever people were here that brought on the cynicism he knew himself for. But that wasn't going to get him anywhere so he pushed that all away for the time being with a grated breath continuing on through the door without needing to open it.

There was a pixie milling about at the speed and buzz of a bee, clearly investigating the new place. She was so cheerful and energetic in stark contrast to Liran who looked like a combed over badger with green eyes and RBF (resting bitch face). Despite the differences in their energy, Liran could relate to how inquisitive he'd become since he got here. Not at seeing the house, but the people who had come to live here with him and go to the same college. He wondered if he would see them later when school started again next week, or if they would all be too busy and spread out. Do I introduce myself now or...? It really shouldn't have been any different than meeting someone in the halls of school or sitting next to someone in class, but the fact is that it was, because he hadn't been trying to socialize then. Many a times he brushed people off with little care to them. It wasn't with the intention of being rude or hating people, it just didn't seem to matter all those times before.

Just thinking about it all seemingly drained him, so he chose to move from standing there watching Tess to finding a room upstairs that was empty and spoke to the closet in a foreign tongue. Opening the door he retrieved his coffee maker and walked back downstairs to make himself another coffee so as not to he revert back to a grouchy bear, still saying nothing. If there had already been a coffee maker for community use, he hadn't notice it. After sipping his coffee a few times and mentally coaching himself he begins introductions to the fairy, and those that walked in, a voice laced in acerbity,
"I'm Liran. I wanna say it's nice to meet you all, but I don't know any of you so I don't feel that way. Hope we can live with each other, and..."
he pauses, a presence of deep discomfort brewing in his chest, his eyes flicker to the side as if thinking what to say next,
"that we can be friends, if that's something you're interested in."
He takes another drink of his coffee. Liran was too well versed in keeping his face stoic, preventing an embarrassed flush from rising to the surface of his cheeks. In this moment he wishes his coffee was a bottle of liquor. That was annoyingly more difficult than he had imagined, and probably didn't need to feel so rough. Fuck it's gonna be a long year.

Peachie

TiLLie

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back