• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings University Murder Mystery - Reincarnated Queens of Henry VIII (Feminist Dark Academia)

olive.tree

hot cocoacane

INFORMATION

If you couldn't tell by the title, this RP has a lot going on. It may be a little bit out there, I'll admit, but I think it could be fun. The plot:

Six women at a prestigious university have a reputation for not getting along. As the principle members of the Student Parliament, they are competing against each other for a chance to receive the Dean's Choice Award; a near-guarantee of employment after graduation in even the most elitist of fields. Every student dreams of securing it for themselves, and these six are willing to do almost anything for a chance at it.

As if this didn't make Parliament meetings tense enough, things are complicated when the six wake up one morning with memories of their past lives: the six Queens of King Henry VIII. Old conflict bubbles to the surface, and long-dead arguments begin anew. But with the arrival of a new Professor Henry, and a serial killer targeting women on campus, their careers - and lives - are thrown into danger. To stop Henry from ruining their lives a second time, they must learn to prioritise each other over men, power and their pasts.

So, in a nutshell, a character/relationship driven RP about women learning to support each other while solving a murder mystery. Fun! Here's a few more important notes:

• If you haven't guessed already, this is slightly inspired by Six: The Musical. However, please don't mistake it for a fandom RP. The characters are to be your own interpretations of the historical figures, and the vibe is more dark academia.
  • You're allowed to be lose with your interpretation of the figures, btw. I'm no history prude, as long as the inspiration is obvious and they've got interesting motivations
  • The reincarnations also don't necessarily have to look like their historical counterparts. POC rep is heavily encouraged!
  • The setting is very aesthetically-inspired. Though it takes place in England, the time period is to be ambiguous, and the social structure more overtly elitist than it is today.
I'll expand a bit more on the plot in the future. For now, lets focus on the characters. I'll be playing Henry (since he's more of an NPC) and Anne Boleyn. The others are free to be fleshed out by yourselves, aside from a few parameters that I'll include below. This is NOT first in first serve, and there is to be no reserving characters. However, you'll have a higher chance of being accepted if your cs is the first for a particular character, so keep that in mind. Once I have a little bit of interest, I'll set up a cs page and decide on a closing date for submissions.

Roles:

Catherine Aragon (OPEN)
Older than the average student (late 20s to early 30s). Used family contacts to get into the university after an ugly divorce. Needs the award to combat being an older woman in a patriarchal work force.

Anne Boleyn ( olive.tree olive.tree )
An ambitious law student with a drive for power.

Jane Seymour (OPEN)
Joined the university shortly after marriage, to help her lover provide for their expected child. After a miscarriage and her lovers' death in quick succession, she clings to academic success as the last remnant of her former ambitions.

Anastacia Cleves (OPEN)
A German student. Moved to England to be with a lover, but was promptly dumped and left to fend for herself. Determined to succeed regardless, and carve her own future.

Kitty Howard (OPEN)
A scholarship student, and the only first year on Parliament. Family was once wealthy and influential, but has since lost its prestige. Sees the award as a chance to propel her to a higher place in society, and restore her family's honour.

Kate Parr (OPEN)
Engaged to a man from a higher-class family, who are funding her education. Sees the award as an opportunity to achieve her own financial success, which would allow her to leave her fiance for her actual lover.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Ohhh this sounds extra!!! I'm super interested. Count me in to apply when that CS page goes up! ;3

Thank you all for the interest!

I've posted a cs thread for those who want a head start, though I won't specify a closing date for applications until I see how much attention this gets.

Character Sheets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back