• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unholy and Not-Quite Holy? (doesn't matter, they're still idiots)

care_less

Professional Procrastinator
It was strange how poetic the verge of death seemed to Karamatt.

He had read scriptures and stories about what it was like. How he would see a bright light engulf his world as the best memories of his life would crash into his mind. But so far, death did not feel like that. His world was still dark, for the white cloth tied across his eyes kept him from seeing. His entire life was a nightmare filled with trauma and pain, so he had no good memories to look through. Instead, Karma was gravely in-tune to his body. He could feel his heart beat slowing, his blood moving through his veins. and the very energy in his body dimming. Up until now, he was afraid of death. His entire life, he was praised to be The Chosen One, and was glorified yet tortured for him to be the perfect vessel for the prince of Hell himself. He never wanted this, but his parents had forced him into believing their brainwashing to be true. So here he was. His eyes covered to hide the bleached and now blind eye that the occult had damaged, shivering as the final carvings of runes were now finished on his arms, and tied to a wooden pole shirtless and without any shoes. Karma's life had led to this moment, and now he was more than ready to die. He was tired. He wanted death to give him peace.

There was a loud shouting from behind him in a language he didn't understand. Was it Latin? Karma couldn't remember. He recognized the voice however to be his father, the head of the occult. It revolved around Satanism, which glorified the existence of Lucifer. This gathering had taken the religion a step further by raising the "perfect vessel" for the King of Hell's son, Thelvik, to gain their lord's trust and blessings. Karma had guessed that his father had begun the summoning, for everyone surrounding them had chanted back at each pause. Eventually, the blind was pulled off of Karma. His one good eye squinted as it tried to adjust. His last remaining eye had terrible vision. Karma was incredibly nearsighted, so he could not make out the faces of his father's followers, or even his father's own face. It was all a blur, and it did not help that their dark red hoods covered their faces in darkness. It was night out, with only torches stuck at the point of each pentacle star. For only a moment, there was silence. No wind. No yelling. Nothing. Karma was confused. His father finished the summoning, so where was the big bad demon. He looked around and almost laughed. Was all of this for nothing? Did the stories of Thelvik and Lucifer all a lie?

His doubts were shut down quickly once the flame of the torches rose to an extremely tall length. Perhaps a few kilometres Karma guessed. The wind blew back Karma's black hair completely out of his face as his eyes stares at the center of the pentacle. It was crumbling downwards into a fiery pit to what he assumed to be Hell. His weak heartbeat pounded against his chest out of fear. This was it. This would be his last moments in his own body before Thelvik would take over. This was his death. As the demon climbed out of the pit, the members around him bowed down to him, including his father. Karma couldn't move. He was frozen. He was absolutely terrified. "O' great, powerful prince," he heard his father begin, but remained bowed at the demon's feet. "O' how grateful we are to be blessed by your presence. We are your humble servants, and provide you an offering. A young vessel, who is crafted to serve your every needs. Please, o' mighty one. Take him as you begin your quest for our Lord and Savior, Lucifer himself."

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos (I'm so sorry if this is short 🙇‍♀️ 🙇‍♀️ my allergies are suffocating me)

It was boring recently. Nothing was interesting to say the least, same thing day in day out. He would wake up, train with mother, make sure all his brothers arn't getting into mischief (regardless if they hated him or not they still had to obey him as the oldest), and that was really it. The most interesting part was his youngest brother who sometimes asked Thelvik to teach him. But he's been doing the same routine for at least a century now, he was bored. So, when he got that weird feeling at the back of his mind, he was confused until it hit him. He was being summoned. What human in their right mind would try to summon the prince of hell? He ran to Mother and asked her what he should do, because this was very new. His mother told him tobe careful, but to go and see what it was. It wasn't like he couldn't defnd himself, and he was over 900 years old, so he wasn't a child by any means. So, plan in mind, and sword out at the ready, he accepted the summoning, teleporting into the designated spot.

Once there, he looked around curious, his muted red-hair looking a lot more brighter in the actual candlelight. He looked to see humans bowing to him, and he raised an eyebrow in confusion, until one, the head of the group he assumed, started explaining htat there was a vessel for him to take. Now that was a blow to the Ego. They thought he was so weak he was unable to take his own form on the human world? He growled in distaste. "You think of me so weak that I require a vessel while walking among you? The oldest of the Princes? What kind of Slander is this? Are you humans so Ignorant that you're unaware that higher demons have no need for vessels? I should just take your soul for wasting my time here." He growled, watching some of the men shake in fear. Pah, pathetic humans. He looked at the room a lot more closely and his eyes landed on... was that a child? He walked over the the human and tilted its face to look at him, immediately realising that not only an eye was damaged, but the child was covered in cuts that looked like runes.

"You offer me damaged goods as a vessel? Have you no Idea how it works? What tomes do you have that require a damaged vessel? For a Demon to possess a human, The human must allow the possession to take place, I highly doubt that stringing up a child, damaging its eye and arms, will be much use to any demon, even a lower one." He growled, looking at the rest of the humans. What kind of tomes did they have that required damaged sacrifices? He wanted to go home already. He took another look at the human, who looked absolutely terrified might he add, almost apraising him. He could fix the markings, healing cuts was siple enough but healing the eyes was not his fortey. And what to do about the rest of the idiotic chucklefucks. "Child, are you here willingly? Did you agree to be my vessel? I feel resistance from your soul, so I can only assume you hasven't given your consent, thus this whole thing would have been to waste." He said, looking over to the guy who he could only assume to be the head of this whole ordeal.

He sighed, deciding to turn into a more human-looking form, keeping his horns, wings and tail. He, unlike a lot of other demons, actually like his tail. If only because its proven useful multiple times in a fight, and he can use it to grab things. His hair was now a natural-looking red, rather than the muted blood red from before, with his bright green eyes now looking more human with the black of his eyes being white, dulling his eye colour but it could be worse. He contemplated for a moment. He could either fuck everyones day up, or fuck the day of everyone but the 'vessel' who was proving to be rather cute. He hummed, a grin gracing his lips as he released the bonds that was tying the small human up. Small being relative becuase the kid was his height. His demon form was a lot taller by a foot, but 7ft tall wasn't exactly normal in the human world, so he often shortened himself for simplicity. He resisted the urge to make himself bigger and he turned to the remaining humans.

"Theres nothing you could offer me right now that would apease my distaste for all of you. As such, I'm going to kill you all and take your souls as compensation for my time here wasted." He said, a hand turning sharper and he ripped open someones chest. There were a few ways of getting to the soul, but it was often easier to kill the human while getting it. the soul didn't have a physical form, but to ge tto the soul to take it, you often had to go through the chest, which killed humans since they bled out. There were other ways of gettign asoul without killing the human but they were either rather complicated and over the top, not exactly pg13, or required a few things that was basically impossible to get nowadays. Systematically, he went through the humans without mercy, leaving the leader until last. "Oh, by the way, you wont be going to hell. With no soul, you have no use down there. Wanna see where you end up?" He asked, before ripping the mans soul out of his chest. He had No Idea where people went when they died after loosing their soul. Though he didn't often inquire about how souls worked in the first place.

Souls collected, and everyone but the 'vessel' human dead, he walked to the human. the human was so weak, it could barely keep itself up. He knelt down, grabbing the chin and forcing the human to look at him, even with the bad eye, before fixing the mass amount of cuts in the shape of runes. As long as the human wasn't divine in any way shape or form, fixing the cuts should be simple enough. He leaned back and nodded, satisfied with his work. "There, now you're, not oging to sleep out or have scars in the shape of those runes. which would actually trap me inside your body which I'm fairly certain those idiots had no idea of." He sighed shaking his head. "Unabale to heal your eye, while I can heal cuts of varying deepness, healing a damaged eye is another matter all together and not my fortay." He explained, almost sheepishly.

care_less care_less (Your fine your fine no worries mate!)

His environment was moving much too quick for Karma to keep up. He was naturally intelligent, but that did not allow him to comprehend his surroundings any more. As he grew older, he grew more and more skeptical of the idea that Heaven and Hell actually existed. So Karma was still caught up on the fact that a powerful demon was actually summoned in front of him. His heart pounded against his chest more as Thelvik's eyes landed on him. What was he going to do? Was he going to kill him? Gut him like a fish and hang him on a string? He did not take any offense to when he was called weak, for he knew it to be true. If he was untied and forced to stand right this second, he would most likely collapse at the demon's feet. He was going to look away in shame, but Thelvik had forced his head up. He could only stare up at him for a few seconds before looking away again. Karma knew that his left eye must disgust him, for it was still red and irritated. His pupil and iris were now a pale grey, but he closed the eye to keep the demon from seeing any more of it. He was embarrassed to say the least.

At Thelvik's question, his head shot right back up as his right eye stared at him with shock. He had never been asked if this was something he wanted to do. In fact, he was never asked to speak about his opinion on anything. The male whipped his head around to his father, who glared at him to tell him otherwise. Karma knew that Thelvik would have most likely killed everyone anyways, so he might as well speak the truth while he still could. He turned back to the demon and shook his head quickly. He never wanted any of this. He wanted to live in peace, not be used as a vessel. Tears stung his eyes, but none of them had fell. He wanted to cry and beg for the demon to let him free, but his words were stuck in his throat. He couldn't open his mouth. It was as if his body was going against him. It was probably for the best, as it would have further proven Thelvik's point of how unworthy he was to be a host.

His world seemed to slow as he watched the prince pick off each person around him one by one. It felt surreal. It wasn't surprising, yet it still made Karma sick. He had never watched someone die before. There was more blood than he would have liked to see, so after a while he had to turn his head away. He felt his head begin to spin. Was he going to vomit? His last straw was to see his father die last. Despite a hidden hatred for the man, he was still his father. So he was mortified to see him join in the pile of dead bodies. Yet through it all, Karma remained silent. He felt as if he was suffocating. He couldn't cry. He couldn't scream. All he could do was look away until Thelvik was finished. He honestly did not expect the other to untie him. In fact, the moment he moved closer to him Karma flinched and tried to move away. He thought that he was going to rip his soul out as well. But instead, he did the exact opposite. He healed his wounds and fixed his eyes as much as he could. He could see much better, but his vision was not entirely clear yet. He would most likely need a prescription for glasses, but that would be a problem for another day.

Karma tried to stand up on his own, but was forced to grab the wooden pole for support. His legs felt like gelatin, and could not get a good enough balance just yet. He kept his head down until Thelvik forced it up again. He covered his blind eye with hand as he tried to look over the demon that spared his life. "Why didn't you kill me?" he asked in a soft voice, as if being too loud would offend the other. "Are you going to enslave me or take my soul?"

Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos

Thelvik looked at the human, before sighing and rolling his eyes. "While you do owe me for saving you, since you shook your head about wanting to be in this shitshow, no. I have no need for souls personally, they only make me stronger. Not only I'm already strong enough to take on a small army of Angels single-handedly, I got a lot more souls already from everyone else, its unnessissary. Besides, I like a fight so why should I get even more power?" He asked, nonchalauntly. He was birthed and brought up by the two most powerful creatures in the underworld, it was safe to say that he had the skills, knowledge and power to not die in a fight. Hell, he could probably take a stab from a Divine blade and not die instantly. It wasn't something he was willing to try out, since he might be wrong and it might still kill him either way, but it was a theory. He continued on.

"That and I have no need for a slave. I can do what I need done when I need it done, I don't need help. I doubt a human, an impaired human at that, can do much for me either." He shrugged. There was one thing he could think of, possibly, that he could use the Human for. But that crossed borders even he wasn't comfortable with, so he wasn't even going to mention it. "I'd kill you, but you didn't offend me unlike the idiots over there, so I have no reason to." He added. "You've been dragged in here against your will and forced to be a vessel for a Demon, if anything I feel bad for you." he shrugged, and he wasn't lying. The kid didn't want to be here, probably wanted to go home and sleep or do whatever kids in this century these days. Read a book? Talk to people? Who knows not him. Either way, the human didn't want to be there anyway, why should be be punished for the idiocy that was someone else? He knew from first hand experience what that was like, and it didn't feel fun.

He looked down at the human, confused when the other failed to get up, before picking the human up by the armpits as one would do with a child. "Your legs arn't broken so why can't you stand?" He asked, confused. Was the human that badly damaged? "Insufferable humans, trying to give me an impaired, disabled human, marked with runes that will keep me prisoner in the vessel until it dies, and then have the gall to say they're trying to get on my fathers good side? Thats it I wanna know what fucking tome they read. Was it an Angel tome? I swear to all that is unholy if it is, I'm going to murder an Angel for the funzies." He grumbled, looking more miffed but it wasn't directed at the human. in fact, he was looking to the side, since he was more talking to himself. Something he did when he was left to his own diviced most of his life.

With a sigh, he looked at the human in a mix of boredom and curiosity. Bored because he was here and nothing to do, but curous about the Human. "Tell me, human. Whats your name?" He asked, pulling the human closer to he could pick him up bridal-style. much easier than dragging him around. He thought for a moment before asking "Do you have somewhere you live? You seem unable to walk so I shall take you there. I might be a demon, but I have a conscience. And I'm sure it would be rude of me to leave someone unable to move themselves to fend for themselves." He said, speaking what he believed to be fact. His mother and father, despite being a demon and fallen Angel, both had some level of decency, and knew how to be nice to others. Hell had different customs, and while much couldn't be said about the lower demons, higher demons had some tact. "that and i believe that you shouldn't be here when the Bobbies show up. Do you still call them bobbies? Such a weird phrase. The law-enforcement people." He clarified, walking over the dead and almost dead bodies. He felt something grab his trouser and he looked down in puzzlement. A Human? Still alive? It was the leader. "Mother of fuck, how in the seven hells are you still alive?" He asked, bewildered.

care_less care_less

Karma didn't know how to feel when the demon said that he did not need his soul. That would mean two things. One; he was dealing with an incredibly powerful demon. So powerful that it did not need anymore power than he already had, which was enough to make the human do whatever he pleased. And two; Karma still owed him and he was unsure what else he could give. His entire life was the occult, whether he liked it or not. Karma did not have an education, for he was forced to drop out of school during his ninth year, nor did he have a job or money. There was nothing he could give. The thought of being in debt to someone as powerful as Thelvik made the young male anxious. Maybe with the occult now done with, he would be able to figure something out. The question now was: How was he going to even start?

He was a bit relieved to hear that the demon did not plan on owning his person. Karma could not imagine what horrid tasks the prince of Hell would make him do. However, it did harm his ego. More like, what little ego he had left. He was so broken down that even Hell didn't think he was worthy of killing or being used for labor. Karma wasn't always this impaired. The first seven years of his life, he was a normal and healthy human. Despite his parent's neglect, his sister had cared for him. He was athletic and academically gifted, and thrived in his classes. But once his sister graduated school and moved away, his parents founded the occult and used him as a center piece. He was never seen as a human being, and was starved and abused heavily up until today. His self-image of himself suffered dramatically. Karma believed that he could never become the strong individual he could have been if he was raised in a normal family. His sister had fought heavily to try and take custody of him, but there was only so much she could do legally. Hearing his manufactured disability heard back to him made him wish more that she had tried harder. It was a selfish way of thinking, but he couldn't help it.

Hearing Thelvik almost insultingly ask him why his legs were so weak, he tried to blame himself. He was tied to the pole in a sitting position for almost an entire day straight, so the sudden use of his legs felt awkward to him now. Karma could have properly stood and walked if he had another moment to try, but Thelvik had already picked him up. "A-Ah, this isn't necessary-" his words were cut off once the demon had carried him in his arms. He felt rather uncomfortable being so close to the demon in fear, seeing as he just killed more than twenty people just one minute ago. Yet, the boy did not argue or command him to release him. Instead, he kept his eye from meeting Thelvik's by looking away. That was until he saw his father grip at Thelvik's pants. He looked down at him in horror. He became frozen again. He could not make out his words, but assumed that he was trying to call out to him. What was he supposed to do? He couldn't fight the demon or force him to heal him, nor could he rush him to a hospital in time for him to live. How would he even explain what happened to him? If he told them the truth, he would be locked up in a psych-ward. But on the other hand, this was still his father. The man that was the reason for his existence. Could he really just leave him there.

His body was shaking. The boy was unsure of what to do. All he could do was watch until the body stopped moving, and his father was finally dead. He hated himself for being so cowardly, but this was for the best. His father remaining alive would have meant continuous suffering. Karma doubted that this event would have stopped him from worshipping the devil or believing that his son was a vessel for a powerful demon. But the thought of reasoning did not make him feel any better. His eye was stuck on his father's dead body until he heard Thelvik speak to him. He did not speak for a moment or two, then forced his eye away from the body. "Karma," he murmured, not wanting to give the demon his full name. "Now that you've killed my father, I don't have anywhere to go. My sister lives out of the country. I don't have the money to take a plane...I don't have a phone to call her...I don't know what I'm going to do..."

Thelvik noticed how the boy, or Karma as he called himself, kept his damaged eye covered as he shook. He wondered if the boy was cold. But, raising the temperature in the room would make the smell that was going to appeat a lot more unbearable, even if they left now. It was only a few hours until they started to properly decompose and with it being hotter and more humid, that would just make it worse. He listened to the plight of the human, frowning. Well that wasn't good. He looked to the mass of dead bodies. "Huh... I assume you don't have a mother then." He said, and looked in thought for a moment. Perhaps he could help...? First of all, get out of this place. He walked outside, thankfully they were what looked to be in a more secluded area away from human population. He made his way to a cut-down tree and put Karma down onto it so he could sit, before scratching his head. At least he could say this was the most interesting thing that has happened in a while now. He hummed in thought, mulling over an Idea.

There was the posibility that he couldmake a deal with the human, with Karma. He would protect and assist the human in getting around, while the human gave him some much-needed interest in his life. He looked to Karma with a cheshire-like smile on his face. "Karma, How about a deal with me. I'll help you get around, survive, find your sister even, make sure you can survive and overall just help you out. In return, I get some much-needed respite from hell. Let me tell you, being the oldest brother of 5 isn't easy, not when you haveto check up on them every day. A Deal with you gives me a reason to not be forced back home, because we're not allowed to break deals. Its one fo the Few rules we actually have. I have more reasons to be up here other than getting away from home, since I haven't been up here since 1830's... I think, so I'm a little behind. I'm a quick learner, you can teach me what you know. That and I'm so fucking bored of life down home, being in the human world and around a human to actually keep an eye on might prove to be actually interesting." He rambled on a bit. The sun came out and if he didn't have the red horns with black tips, the black feathered but leathery wings, and a sleekly-spaded tail that was whipping from side to side, he'd look like a normal human. Red hair, green eyes and lightly sun-kissed skin, with a sprinkling of freckles on his cheeks.

He'd look innocent without his demonic additions. He did wonder where they were going to go if Karma did agree. He was fairly sure he could get a house, manipulating the minds of those around to let them have a house and live peacefully should be a cakewalk. It was just knowing where to go to get the house in the first place. wait. "Dont' you have a house? You can still live there, with me if you agree to the deal." He suggested. "Keeping people away would be easy enough, humans are easy enough to fool and trick." He added, as though that wouldn't upset the human. And why should it? In his mind, he was being pretty blunt about everything. He personally thought being upfront about what he wanted or thought was better than lying or not telling everything. The amount of people who got upset becuase he left out apparently critical information, it was both funny and tedious.

He hummed and got closer to the human, crouching so that he had to look up slightly to see the human. He as pretty, even as disfigured as he was. "Okay... If I had to chose between death and having you as a vessel, I wouldn't be too upset choosing the vessel option. because at least I'd be a cute motherfucker." He mused with a shrug. and he wasn't lying, the boy was actually cute. "Even with a damaged eye, I'm sure thats still fixable. If not fixable by human ways, I'm sure I can force a demon to fix it for you." He offered.

care_less care_less

At the question of his mother, Karma only shook his head as he turned his head away. His mother had passed when he was young. He was about seven years old when his mother and his older brother, Asher, were killed in a car accident. That was around the time that his father had created the occult with his stepmother, and his life began moving south. His home was the building that Thelvik had been summoned in. In fact, they had been in his basement. And now with over twenty people dead inside, there was no way he could remain living there. Even if the bodies were moved, he could not live in a house with such horrible memories. He would be miserable with nightmares waking him up in every slumber. "My sister is the only place I could go. But she lives all the way in Ireland. I can't even walk there if I tried..." he said in defeated voice. He felt completely hopeless. Maybe it would have been better off if he had offended Thelvik in the same way his father had. Perhaps then he would be better off dead then stuck alone up here.

His head snapped back towards Thelvik when he had offered the deal. Of course it had sounded intriguing at first. There was no true bad side to it. He would be able to get the support he needed, and could avoid the stress of entering this world alone. But then again, this was a demon he was talking about. Never had he heard of a deal that was not double sided. He was suspicious of the other. He was the son of Satan for Christ sake! Why would he want to support him without getting something terrible like a limb or his soul. "Wouldn't making a deal with you mean that I'm going to Hell?" he questioned. "I don't want to suffer for eternity just so I can live out another miserable life." His viewpoint on life was rather pessimistic. He thought that if he had expected the worst out of every situation, he would not get any surprises when something especially awful happened to him. Right now, he felt as if he was picking between two evils. Either he declined Thelvik's offer, live out his early years of life homeless then eventually kill himself out after suffering years of severe depression just to be sent to Hell. Or he could accept, have the possibility to live a good twenty to thirty years while being moderately content, and be sent to Hell anyways when he passed away. The second option did sound better, so he sighed and gave in.

"Fine...I'll take your deal..."

He tried again to stand up. This time, he did not lose his balance. However the moment he stood up, his stomach growled for food. He hadn't ate or drank anything for the entire day, and the sky was still pitch black. He wanted to grab his stomach, but he was too busy using his hands to cover his eye. It showed how ashamed he was, that he couldn't even muster enough courage to show a demon his flaws. It was why he pushed off Thelvik's compliment when he had told him that he was cute. 'He's just trying to get in my head,' was what he told himself. 'Don't let it get to your head.'

Thelvik looked confused for a moment at the question, before realising that the human had no idea how things worked and smiled. "Ah, often yes. when people make deals they often give their soul up to the demon, who takes the soul, and thus the human, to hell. But, as long as I don't get your soul which I've already said I don't want, I should have no issue just letting your soul go to purgatory. I doub't you'll get to heaven if you agree to my deal though." He explained. "But, you can always stay and become a spirit, mess with humans after you're gone." He suggested. He didn't know how one would go about it, chosing where to go in the afterlife, so he couldn't say much on anything.

Despite the hesitation, Karma agreed to his deal, a small flash of light and the deal with sealed, the only way to break it was permission on both sides. "Hey, if you do end up going to hell, remember that I'm there. We have a deal and that means that if you call for me, I should be able ot hear you, that should carry over into hell unless we break off the deal. So I can just come and pick you up wherever you spawn at." He said, casually. He made a move to help Karma stand up, but turns out the humans legs were fine. Huh, perhaps they were just occasionally weak. He blinked at the growling, realising that the humans stomach had made the noise. He hummed, looking Karma up and down. "Alright, so. Before we do anything, we need to get your eye sorted and food. I can't just materalise food out of nowhere, so you're going to have to tell me where to go." He said, gesturing to the eye. He summoned his bag, before opening it and grabbing a first aid kit. Pre-packed with basic needs, he opened it and pointed at the eye. "Sit, I'll bandage it up. At the very least, your hands wont be on it, and we can keep it clean until we can find you a human doctor. Unless you want me to summon one of my doctors and they should be able to heal it as though it never happened." He offere, taking the hands away from the others face gently, so he could apply the gause and start wrapping it.

He knew basic first aid, since he was in charge of keeping his brothers safe most of the time, and he didn't always master the healing spells. "Does it hurt? too tight?" He asked, trying to make sure that the human was okay. Once done he looked through his bag and found one of the devil-cake cupcakes his youngest brother Moraz made for him. Good thing these cakes lasted centuries. He offered it to the human. "Its not much, but it might tie you over until we can get you proper food. Again, I'll need your help with that, since I don't actually cook." He said, awkwardly. "I can, however, get us a house to stay at, I just need to know who to talk to, to get the house. Gotta go through the human way after all." He said with a smile. "Oh yeah! While on earth, My name is Alexander, Xander for short. Well, when we're in public anyway. Not sure how many people know my name, but I don't wanna risk it." He added sheepishly.

When he was last in the human world, he pretended to be a young homeless boy through shapeshifting (a painful process he would rather avoid doing), nameless and faceless simply explorin the human world, until a an old man took him in. He was kind, Giving Thelvik the name 'Alexander', and Thelvik returned the kindness tenfold. He found that beign called 'Alex' was boring, so as he 'grew up' he demanded to be called Xander. Which sounded a lot more mature. He felt himself smile at the memory, before blinking back to the present. Right, things to do, and no Idea how to do them. "We're going to have to work together on this, Karma. Tell me where to go, and how to do it, and I'll do it as quickly as possible." He said, hoping that the Human was willing to work with him. You would have thought that the human instinct of survival would have kicked in by now, but he supposed not with his one. That was fine, he was supposed to look after him now. But he did need a bit of help.

care_less care_less

The sudden flash of light made Karma instinctively close his eye and turn away. That was strange. He had expected something dark to happen. A literal contact he needed to sign, or perhaps a handshake or a sacrifice of a limb. With so many horror movies about the Devil and demons, he had never expected something dark or horrific to happen. But instead it was simple and quick. Thelvik, or Xander as he called himself, was a lot different than what he had thought he would be. He was a lot kinder than he'd imagine. He was still afraid of him, for that did not change after he watched him kill the entire occult plus his father and step-mother. But it was less so than a minute or two ago. When the light was gone, he opened up his eye again. He still did not trust Thelvik entirely, so the moment he went to move closer Karma coward back. He was expecting to be struck or harmed, and not offered help with his eye. Then again, he supposed he did just make a deal stating that Thelvik would protect him, not hurt him. When he realized that he had no reason to hide himself, he moved back towards the demon.

He sat himself down onto the tree stump and uncovered his blind eye. It was still closed, but at least now he was not completely hiding it. Karma stayed as still as humanly possible. The last thing he wanted was to upset him just as his father did, so he avoided looking directly at Thelvik. He was not expecting the question of where he should eat and shrugged his shoulders. For the past week (until yesterday evening), he was only permitted to consume bread and water. Before that, he only ate what was given to him. He never had the choice of what to eat and now that it was given to him, he had no idea what to do. "I um...I suppose there's a gas station down the street? I can pick something there if that's okay?" he asked, but quickly realized that there was a problem. "Oh, but I still have no money. How can we buy something with no money?"

The thought of stealing from his dead father or one of the occult members had came into mind, but Karma quickly shook the thought away. Even though the boy was at rock bottom, he would not amount to stealing in any form. Even if it was from a corpse. He tried to think of something, but could not think of a single thing. Or at least something that did not involve doing the wrong thing. It was difficult, for every thought of stealing had came to his mind. A voice in the back of his mind told him that it would be okay, since it was a factor of survival or death. But he told himself that he would much rather dying while doing the right thing, than surviving and becoming a criminal. Despite his rough upbringing, Karma had always tried to live his life in a light. He had never once cursed, killed (including insects for he would always capture them before releasing them outside), stolen or lied intentionally to harm others. It was difficult as it was to look at himself through the corrupted vision of his father. He did not want hate himself even more. Having any heavy weights of regret was one of Karma's biggest fears. He would not live with himself if there was something that Karma could have done, but chosen not to. He already had one, and it burdened the boy greatly. He had always regret lying to the authorities and social workers growing up that he was happy living with his father. Karma had felt pressured and was often threatened to not live if he told the truth, but that had not stopped him from regretting his decision. He thought that if he hadn't lied, perhaps he would have been living with his sister and grown up in a normal life. He could have been a surgeon like he had always dreamed. He wouldn't have been here, talking to the same demon that murdered his father in front of him. Perhaps, maybe his father would have been still alive.

Karma had noticed after staring at the ground with a blank stare for a few moments and snapped himself out of his trance. He heard Thelvik speak to him earlier, but zoned out for much too long to give a proper response. "Huh? Oh, yeah it's fine," he says softly after Thelvik asked if the bandages were on too tight. Karma looked around with his one good eye, which landed back to the house they had just left. "We should probably get going. I don't want anyone thinking that I was the one that killed them." He stood himself back up and began walking away from the house. The gas station he had mentioned earlier was a few kilos down the street, so walking would have taken much longer. But Karma refused to steal his father's car. Not only because he was so against it, but also because it would have looked more suspicious. He did not bother asking Thelvik for help and instead continued to walk without him. His head hanging low as he dragged his feet.

Thelvik was glad that the human, while skittish, didn't completely reject him, and allowed him to help. What did the other humans do to this kid, to be so skittsh and shy? Humans wern't normally this submissive, they often tended to fight and bite, until forced into submission. He could probably guess why though, he wasn't that stupid. That human Karma called a 'father' must have been behind this. Forced to be a part of something he didn't want, forced to follow in something he probably didn't believe in, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume he was probably forced to be submissive and quiet, to not fight back. It made his blood boil, taking their souls was too kind. This was also something he would have to fix, humans walked over those who submitted easily, most creatures do. Angels, Demons, humans, animals. Being submissive would only be a hinderance, but how did you break someone out of a habit that was beaten into them at a young age? Something he would have to fix at a later date, he supposed.

He raised his head at the question and shrugged. "Let me worry about money, you just focus on getting something to eat first." He smiled. but a look of concern flashed onto his face when Karma simply walked off, without taking the cupcake which turned into slight annoyance when he made no acknowledgement to what he said. He easily caught up and shoved the cupcake into the Humans face. "Let me look after you damn it, so take the cupcake already. They should be fine to eat, Demon food wont kill humans if thats what you're worried about. Besides, this was made with a human recipie, so it shouldn't taste bad to you. I think they're nice, but my brother made them so I'm biased. But, just take the food until we can get you something else to eat." He grumbled. He was annoyed the the human completely ignored him but he couldn't help but understand why. Human minds can only take so much stress and trauma, and who knows how much this would cause, even if you hate your father.

Thelvik couldn't help but wonder how to cheer up the human. He looked so downtrodden, so small. He wondered what he should do, and Moraz's voice echoed in his head. 'I learned that sometimes, when humans need comfort, they hug eachother! That share bodyheat and thats very comforting to them. Even if its a small point of contact, its 'the thought that counts'. They're very social things, they almost work in a hivemind when theres enough of them, but in smaller groups, they can get... I think lonely? Its weird, but so very facinating!' He wondered if... that was something he could provide? He gently placed a hand on the humans shoulder, getting Karmas attention and looked sheepish. "My brother says that humans need comfort when they're upset, and a hug will help a lot. Would you like one?" He asked. Asking for a hug was weird, but he didn't want to startle the poor human anymore than he already was. "If you don't want a hug, thats alright. butyou look.... sad? I can only assume its becuase I killed those people, but they wre hurting you so I'm... kind of confused." He said, looking somehwat lost.

Thelvik followed Karma to the gas station, and he looked around curiously. Buildings surely have changed since he's been gone. Most places were build with uneven bricks, but the walls were smooth and the Glass windows were large. Wild. He tried his best to not look like someone who was experiencing things for the first time, but he was pretty sure his amazement would still probbly come through. "Its cold, colder than outside, how does that work?" He asked under his breath, making notes of questions to ask Karma. He then noticed the place that was the coldest, and he felt himself shiver slightly. He wished he could just curl up in his wings, he never liked the cold. He backed up and made his way to Karma. "So, found something you wanna get?" He asked, ready to work his magic.

care_less care_less

When Thelvik stopped him to give him the cupcake, Karma flinched again when he raised his hand. He thought that he was going to force the food into his mouth or slap him until he had agreed to eat the food given to him. He did not take the cupcake originally for two reasons. One: He hated taking food from others. He would always feel guilty for taking food, for he knew it was originally made for Thelvik. And two: he generally felt uncomfortable with taking food from a demon. Afraid that he would offend him even more, Karma nodded quickly and grabbed the cupcake. He stared down at the sweet for a moment. Now that he thought about it, he hasn't eaten any dessert-like-treats for a while. The last time he remembered doing so was the last visit he had with his sister, which was a little over ten years ago. They had went out for what she described to be a "brother-sister date". They had went out to the movies, shopped in some stores, then went out to eat. The memory made him smile for a second before he ate the cupcake. It wasn't necessarily filling, but it sure as hell tasted good.

"Thank you," he said softly once he finished the cupcake. He wiped off the corner of his mouth to do away with the leftover crumbs, then ducked his head to continue walking. His stomach was still growling, but at least he now had something in his system.

For the majority of the way, Karma walked in silence. He was so afraid of making too much noise. He was even scared to breathe, just incase his small breaths were too loud. He knew it was an illogical way of thinking, but his past experiences with his father's short temper made him act otherwise. It was also the reason for why he had assumed a Hell spawn would treat him twenty times worse. So when he was stopped again, he had assumed he had done something wrong. Thelvik's offer for a hug confused him for a moment. Did the prince of Hell just ask him if he wanted a hug? 'That's definitely a first,' Karma thought to himself. If he wasn't so on-edge, the human would have laughed. He originally would have declined, but decided against it. Thelvik was not as predictable as other humans were. He had no idea how he would have reacted if he rejected him. "Um...sure," he said awkwardly and allowed Thelvik to embrace him. At first, he was as stiff as a board. Physical contact in general was not Karma's thing. He was not a touchy-feely type, so he didn't know how to react. But after a few second, he finally hugged back. His arms wrapping around Thelvik's neck loosely for a moment or two before finally letting go. He had felt a bit better, but he still was a bit jumpy. It would probably take a while for that habit to get knocked out of him, but at least he was not as fearful of Thelvik as he was a few minutes ago.

The pair continued walking until they had reached the gas station. Karma did not answer the demon's question about his father, for he no longer wished to think anymore of him. He had doubted the other to understand, for Karma himself did not understand either. Despite everything his father had done to him, he was still his father. He had cared for him nonetheless, despite how much he had wished otherwise. The shoppette portion of the gas station was not too small, but not too large for Karma to feel uncomfortable. He did not look at the guy behind the register when they had walked in and instead walked directly to the snack isles. Karma had forgotten that Thelvik had mentioned that his last visit of the human world was more than two hundred years ago, so air conditioning was something he was most likely not familiar with. "Ah, it's because of the AC. It's short for air conditioning," he began. "It's a machine made over a hundred years ago. It's a vent that sucks in warm air from the outside and circulates that air with a cooling factor. We usually call that a refrigerant, since it cools that air. But because the air gets cooled, the warm air turns into a liquid and-" Karma stopped himself when he realized that he was overexplaining. He was speaking too much, so he figured that the demon probably didn't want to hear him speak. He looked down with shame and embarrassment. "I'm sorry," he apologized quickly.

Thelvik relaxed a bit and smiled when Karma took the cupcake. at least the human was eating something, he didn't want the human to starve longer than he had to. "Welcome. As I said, its not much, but its at least something in your stomach. And It not as though I can't bug my brother to make more cakes." He shrugged. "The guy likes baking, so I doubt I'll even have to ask him honestly. So don't sweat it." Thelvik said, thinking of Moraz. Moraz might actually be a better demon for this kind of job. Soft, kind, easy to talk to, less-likely to kill people. But, this was his deal, his human... okay sounding a little possessive, but the point still stood. He could introduce Karma to Moraz later, and while Moraz would probably be better, Thelvik was here first. "when we're not practically homeless, I can drag Moraz over for you to meet him. Before you freak out, he's an oddball demon meaning that he's practically harmless. He's rather bake and pet fluffy creatures than collect souls and fight others." He rambled a bit. He was a bit-too-fond of his brother, much prefering his company over anyone elses even over mothers, so He had a bad habit of rambling when he talked about his brother.

When he asked the question, he had no Idea what to expect. The human could just walk away, decline, start crying, who'd know? certainly not him! sohe stood there, midd of the human street, arms open ready to offer hugs if the other wanted it. the silence dragged on and he was getting embarrassed, ready to drop the whole thing, when Karma finally agreed. He relaxed, gently pulling the human into his arms. They were the same height, but he almost forgot it until the other was pressed against him. He made himself look smaller, that he kept forgetting his actual height. he wraped his arms around the kids waist, and propped his chin up on the guys shoulder, expecting to just stand there for a while, but he was pleasently surprised when Karma wrapped his arms around his neck. It wasn't long, and Thelvik knew when someone was politely resisting him, so he let go. The hug was... nice. He didn't do a lot of touchy-stuff, he grew out of it when he was still a child and Hell doesn't eactly promote it. But it was nice, comforting in a way. Something he didn't get often.

Thelvik listened intently, mentally thinking to come up every 100 years to just explore what changed, because human change extremely quickly in 100 years, let alone the 200 he was gone. Hell, maybe even 50 years. HE listened to Karma explain the 'AC', trying to figure out why it was named that way while the explanation was given to him. It took Hot air and turned it cold...? He was slowly getting lost in translation, but listened none the less as the human explained how it worked, until the human cut himself off. Thelvik blinked, confused why Karma was sorry. "You're... explaining how the AC worked, why are you sorry? Okay, the technical stuff goes over my head a bit, I'm not the smartest guy to exist, but I'd rather you explain in full. So... continue." He smiled. He liked hearing the human speak, honestly he looked a lto more relaxed and even happier when he was rambling about something. It.. was kind of endearing actually. "Continue... please?." He asked, a gentle if sheepish smile on his face.

He listened to Karma continuing to explain how the AC functioned, and he simply took the food that Karma had grabbed, making his way tot he counter. "One moment Karma." He said, pausing Karma's explanations to focus on the cashire, who looked more bored than anything. He pulled out a few bits of paper and, a pinecone and a stick and gave them to the cashire with the confidence of a man who was giving money to someone. Obviously he used his Mind-alteration ability to trick everyones eyes to see their current version of currency since he could only assume it changed from the shillings he knew of. The Cashire accepted them, even giving him actual change of 'one pound 30' and he smiled greatfully, giving both the money and the food to Karma. "Continue, please. Also, would you mind explaining how you got fire to not burn the building down? its very... bright for fire as well." He said, looking up awkwardly. There was a lot to catch up on. "Oh, is that the electricity?? It was only something recently discovered when I was last here." He looked in awe.

care_less care_less

Naturally, Karma could not imagine a demon (especially if it was related to Thelvik) to be "practically harmless". He has never heard of a friendly demon, and he didn't fully trust what Thelvik would consider to be harmless. Thelvik was the first demon he had met, so Karma assumed that the majority of demons had acted just like him. He spoke with a harsh authority and was unpredictable. The demon had killed almost every person he knew right in front of him as if it was nothing, including his own father and stepmother, then a few seconds later offered him a cupcake and a hug. He was unsure whether to be terrified or comfortable around him, so Karma remained in a constant state of distress. Thelvik has only been around him for ten minutes and his presence was giving Karma a headache. He couldn't even begin to imagine what another demon around would be like. But despite his fears, he only smiled awkwardly and nodded. He didn't dare open his mouth, especially if it was against him.

He did warm up a bit more to Thelvik once they had entered the gas station store. Karma was an addict for learning. He was shunned away from modern technology that most kids his age grew up with such as television or computers, so he used whatever free time he had to read about the world around him. His older sister had pulled his interest when he was young. She would read him a different book of his choosing each night until he was six, and began reading books to her instead. Books was a way for him to escape. He could pretend that he was someone else and dream about the life he could have once he had gotten away from his father. He could dream about becoming a nurse, just as his mother had been before she passed. After a while, his father had became annoyed with Karma's intellect. He was gifted in his memory and ability to obtain information, so whenever he would correct his father or attempt to help him, he would get struck and told to be quiet. "You're a child," was what he was told. "You are small and stupid. Don't pretend to be anything more than that." It was why Karma had stopped himself when he noticed that he was speaking for more than two sentences. He was surprised to hear that Thelvik wasn't bothered by his speaking at all. In fact, he wanted to explain more.

Karma was more than happy to continue. He explained briefly how the air conditioning pushed out hot air to allow cool air to flow through. Then when Thelvik had asked about the electric lighting, he had gave the other yet another mini lesson. He explained the invention of the light bulb and how it was made, then explained the difference between fluorescent and LED lighting, and what type of light the mini market was using. He did pause for a moment so Thelvik could pay for the items. He did not pick up much. Only a water bottle and sandwich made from the gas station. He had assumed the other would have paid with real currency, so he was confused when he pulled out of the sticks and pinecones. He almost laughed. There was no way the cashier would have taken that. But then, he acted as if it was actual money. Karma couldn't help but let out a short laugh of disbelief. He actually believed that? Then, he remembered that Thelvik was still a demon so he most likely used his dark magic to convince him otherwise. It felt wrong, but Karma did not stop him. He needed the food desperately. So he remained quiet until they had left the store.

The moment he was given the food, he tore open the plastic wrapping and gobbled the sandwich up. It was animalistic. He hadn't ate for a while and he made it obvious. Karma finished his meal within two minutes, than chugged down the water with thirty seconds. Once he was done, he wiped his mouth of any leftover crumbs and threw away his garbage. Now that was left was finding a place to stay. "It might be best to find an abandoned building to stay in..." Karma murmured. "My sister lives outside of Cork in Ireland. There's no way we can make it there in time, even if you somehow got us a plane ticket over there..."

Thelvik listened to Karma, not undertsanding everything but understanding the basics, but also feeling acomplished that the Boy didn't seem as awkward or shy, or at least not when he was talking. He rambled on, and Thelvik couldn't help but think it was endearing. In a way he reminded him of Moraz, defenceless but endearing, makes you want to protect anc coddle him. However, unlike Moraz' ramblings which often had no sense of top and was often just simple ramblings, Karma actually talked about something, and explained it in a complicated way that also made sense. He hoped there wasn't a quiz, because while he understood what was being said, being asked to repeat almost anything he learnt would be nigh impossible. At least now he had some sort of understand how lights and the AC worked, at least enough he wouldn't question it loudly and very confusedly. He barely even realise when they were at the counter, too busy listening and paying attention to Karma. He paid noting how Karma found it amusing. He was focusing on the cashire, and making him believe that paid amount, and didn't bother on Karma. so Karma finds that kind of thing funny huh? He could work with that. something silly and stupid... not his normal sarcastic humour, but he can surely give it a go. Later though.

He didn't pay much attention to the way Karma ate. The humans were starving him, so it was only understandable. He didn't need human-like food, only ate it solely for taste. But humans relied on it.
"I can get us to Cork, easy. You forget I'm a demon, I can get to places." He grinned. "I can teleport us to the countryside, then fly us and keep us invisible to humans. Easy enough." He offered. Teleporting to Cork might be somewhat interesting, but he could probably get to America through his teleporting, although he has never tired it. But teleporting to Ireland could be easy enough. He then blinked. "Wait whats a 'plane ticket'?" He asked. "I've heard of Trains, they were fairly new, and something only High-classed people could ride. I assume they've been upgraded. But I've never heard of a 'plane'. I don't think we need one, unless its faster than teleporting." He rambled a bit.

"So, we can do this one of two ways. We can teleport, which is quick, painless, and you just need to hold onto me. I can then fly around while carrying you until we find your sisters place. or we can just ask for directions if anyone knows where she lives. Or, sit in an abandoned, run down place until we can get access to a house-seller. Then I can get us a house easy, furnish it myself, and we then chill there until we figure out how to get in touch with your sister and she comes to us. Up to you, but I think I know what I'd prefer to do. but, up to you. You're the boss here, I'm just making sure you're alive and well." He smiled. He wondered if he could turn this into another hug, now that he got a taste of what it felt like, he kind of wanted another one. But he wasn't going to ask, that was too awkward. Besides, two in the span of an hour? He wasn't the needy-kind of person, so he was rather confused as to where this needyness came from. Perhaps it was the human? Maybe the human WAS special? He doubted it, but it was a theory worth keeping a thought on perhaps.

care_less care_less (Super sorry with how short and how long this took. My brain is just not focusing on RPs rn.)

Karma had forgotten entirely for a moment that demons can teleport. He had never knew that they could fly however, but he supposed it made sense. Or more specifically why Thelvik had wings. He was the son of a fallen angel. Although Lucifer was nowhere near a good person (or so he assumed), he was sure that he had large and feathery wings just like the other archangels. But it made the boy wonder what Thelvik's wings had looked like. Were covered in black feathers like a fallen angel would, or bony and leathery just as he imagined a regular demon would have? He almost went with Thelvik's second option purely out of curiosity. Yet, the boy stopped himself from choosing such. He would feel awkward if the demon held him for so many hours while flying. Plus, that would take MUCH longer than simply teleporting to his sister's home. After all, Karma was well over exhausted. He needed to rest immediately.

"I suppose teleporting would be best, if that's okay," Karma had finally said after a moment of thinking. His habit of overthinking had once again struck the male, so it took him a bit longer than usually to come up with a decision. He wanted to make sure that his decisions would be the best ones, for he had already grown up with enough bad ones made for him for a lifetime. Speaking of which, Thelvik's curiosity over the existence of plane tickets made Karma smile. He supposed he would have to over-explain modern ideas and terminology more often. Especially with a demon as old as he was. "Oh, 'plane' is just a shortened word for 'airplane', or 'aircraft'. It's a a vehicle powered by an engine called jet engine, which gives us the ability to transport through air. We use it to transport things like trading goods, weaponry, and large groups of people. Basically like a small train with wings." Karma figured that he was missing some chunks of information somewhere along his explanation, and scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Although airplanes are fast, I'm sure your teleportation would be much quicker. Especially-" his voice was cut off briefly by a yawn, "if it's getting late."

It was clear that the human was now in need of rest. He was trying to push it away to keep Thelvik from noticing, but it was no use. His tired eye and movements were already a clear enough sign. Anyone would have been able to notice the poor boy's exhaustion. "I...I'm not really sure how your abilities work," Karma admitted nervously "but hopefully this can help." He reached into his back pant pockets and fished out a small, folded slip. He opened the thin cardboard-like paper to reveal a postcard. The picture showed a two story house surrounded by a green field. It was designed much like a cottage would. It had a rounded roof with a russet brick roof, and white walls covered with plants growing up its edges. There was a neat cursive writing that had read a note to Karma wishing him well and signed on the bottom by his sister.

[ 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓁ℴ𝓋ℯ, ℛℴ𝓈ℯ𝓂𝒶𝓇𝓎 ]

Karma did not pay any attention to the note itself. Instead, he had flipped the card over to reveal his sister's address. "Here," he muttered as he handed Thelvik the note. Now, he would have an idea of what the house had looked like (for it was quite unique) and a specific location to go to. "If it's too much trouble, we don't have to go. I'm sure I can find a place to spend the night if this is too sudden, o-or if you need to return back to Hell."

(aaaaah another short post :'( i'll make it longer next go around)

"Teleporting is fine, especially if its the quickest way." He nodded.but then he looked at Karma at the offer that he could go to hell if nessissary. He sighed with a wry smile. "I'm not sure if you heard me properly before, if you just forgot, or you didn't believe me, but I would rather stay up here with you than go down back to hell. while it is Home, I have a contract with you to keep you safe. Leaving you alone isn't seen as 'safe'. Besides, time moves differently down there. A day down there might be a week or more up here. I... haven't been able to figure out the exact timing, but I'm aware there is a weird time difference. So no, I have no need or desire to go home. Not of this moment." He smiled.

Thelvik listened intently to the explanation of what a 'plane' was, although it sounded much less thought out and less explained it still helped him understand what it was. Although a flying train sounded like a nightmare, He didn't press seeing how the human looked ready to Pass out. He was fine, he could run on no sleep for as long as he wanted, but he was also a Demon. While humans are fragile beings who needed sleep to do anything. He sighed, bring the human closer, tilting the humans chin up so that he could look the human in his tired eyes. He didn't need eye contact for this, but he found it much easier than just doing a normal spell. "Karma, leave it all to me. I'll make sure you get to your sisters place. So rest your head for a while, yeah?" He asked. He used what he liked to call a suggestion spell, the actual name of the spell was something long and complex, so he just called it what it was. It didn't force the other to do what he wanted, unlike mind control, it was just a suggestion. A tempting suggestion, but a suggestion none the less. He cradled the human close, gentle and hoping that his body heat would help ease the boy to at least take a nap. He picked the male up bridal style and looked at the picture.

Well he had an address at least. Teleporting was weird, or it was for him. While most Demons need to have been to places they can teleport, he was one of the weird few that didn't. This resulted in blindly teleporting and can be rather awkward. Especially if you're not aware of the land and if you're going to be teleporting into the middle of a mountain or a building. He learned from experience, it isn't fun. However, he knew that teleporting high enough meant that he was normally safe from any random mountains or annoyingly tall buildings. He used a bit of magic to take off his jacket, so he could wrap the human in it. His jacket was more like a short trenchcoat, so it was something that would actually protect him from the cold. a few spells to make sure that the human felt comfortable, and he spread his wings out. No one was able to see them right now, it was too dark and anyone who saw them would think it was weird shadows. The cottage in mind, he focused his magic into teleporting.

It was a weird feeling, teleporting. It felt like you were in anti-gravity and you just existed. but it was for only a moment, and then you were in the real world again. For the Demon and Human duo, they were in the air, Thelviks powerful wings keeping them airborne. Thelvik looked around, relieved that they wern't stuck in a wall or something worse. It was an easy decent, they wern't that far off the ground, only a mile or so. a slow but steady decent was simple enough, he had full control of his wings, and was able to use them more akin to an Angel, giving him a much more smoother agilty, unlike most demons who had to use leathery wings and hard firm flaps of their wings to stay airborn. Keeping invisible, he reached close to the ground in no time, surveying the area. It was a foresty area, but he noticed a small clearing up ahead and a rather unique but similar-looking house. The dark was quickly approching, so he wasted no time to fly into the direction of the clearing, making the landing smooth and graceful. He wasn't too sure if the human was a sleep or sleepily concious, but the human was silent and he didn't want to jostle the human lest he woke up.

The human was quite cute like this, docile and sweet like this. He made his way to the house, taking note of the fact that the area had a heavy feel of Magic. There was the heavy natural magic from the plant life around, which was curiously higher than it normally would be. but there was an undertone of another type of magic, one that he never really came in contact with often. Manmade magic. It was faint, as though the user was gone for a while now. He could proabbly track the magic user, but there was no need for that. He walked towards the door, noting that the surrounding area was beautiful, fireflies dancing in the air and the grass long but slowly getting shorter as they aproached the house. A gentle knock on the door and he stepped back, making sure to hide his demonic-like apearance and appear as a sheepish albeit kind young man. When the door open he smiled.

"Ah, greetings. Appologies for the late call, but its sort of an emergancy. I'm Alexander, but please, call me Xander. I believe this is your brother, Karma?" He motioned to the human in his arms with a sheepish look. "Would it be a bother to ask to come in? I'm afraid Karma is rather tired after today, and I'd like to be able to get him into a bed so he isnt' sleeping in my arms the whole night." He asked.

care_less care_less

Karma had nodded slowly when Thelvik insisted on stay around with him. He knew he was not being harsh, but hearing such firmness in his voice made him terrified. It was a tone he heard only when he was in trouble, so his mind connected serious tone with something negative. He looked away nervously in fear of making eye contact, but once again Thelvik grabbed his chin to make him look up. It was clear now that the demon was rather possessive. Or he at least liked to be consistently assertive. He doubted the other knew what he was doing, but it was sending butterflies into his stomach. He didn't want to go to sleep just yet, but he was awfully exhausted. But it was hard to resist with the spell casted on him. His whole body felt warm and fuzzy, as if he was wrapped in a heated blanket.

"I can stay a bit longer..." he murmured. His offer did not stay however. After a few slow blinks, his eyes fluttered close as his body grew limb. Now falling into a deep sleep as Thelvik teleported them away. If he was awake, the teleportation most likely would have made him sick.

When the male knocked at the door, it took a moment or two before someone opened it. It was a young boy, no more than ten, staring up at him. He looked bored and unamused. His green eyes staring up at Thelvik as it he was testing him. "Who are you?" he asked with the door cracked. He was holding a superhero doll and fidgeting with it's head, almost like he was about to rip it off. "Why should I let you in?" he ctestified. "And why are you carrying Uncle Karma like that? Is he dead?" A female voice called out from far within the home asking who was at the door. The boy turned behind him and responded, "Some weirdo with Uncle Karma's body!" Then, sure enough, his sister came rushing to the door.

Rosemary pushed her son back and opened the door wider. She wanted to demand who the hell this guy was, but she needed to take care of Karma first. "Oh my God, is he okay?" she asked as she lead Thelvik into the living room. "Put him on the couch. I'll go grab a blanket and some pillows." Then, she hurried upstairs. This left her son, or Karma's nephew, by himself with Thelvik. Still staring at him, he sniffed and sat on the coffee table. "Are you a hobo? Like the ones that live under bridges?" he asked as he continued fidgeting with his doll. "Does that make you a troll? Why does a troll know Uncle Karma?"

Seeing as it took Rosemary a bit of time gathering everything, it left more time for the boy to question Thelvik. "Do you eat people? My friend from school told me that trolls eat people. Do people taste good? Do you cook them like how my mum cooks beef? Do you eat beef? I never heard of a troll eating beef. But I suppose you're the first troll I've met-"

"Killian! Stop bothering him!" Rosemary snapped at him. "And get your butt off of my table! You want me to call Dad early from his trip?" Killian hopped off of the table and shook his head quickly. "Then go be good and get yourself ready for bed." With that, the young boy was gone. Rosemary sighed as she shook her head. "I'm sorry. His brother usually keeps him busy, but he went off with my husband on a buisness trip," she apologized as she tucked Karma in. She looked over him to make sure he was okay. Once she was satisfied, she turned to look at Thelvik. "Thank you for bringing him here. But I would like to know who you are, and how you found my brother, who lives at least half a day away before I grab my gun."

He watched Karma fight the spell, but ultimately failed. He coudln't help but find it cute. So determined to stay up, but the suggestion was too strong. That and his body wanted to sleep anyway, so it was a battle he was fated to lose anyway. and considering how mush he was jostled, he was sure that the other wouldn't wake up until tomorrow morning, or when his body clock woke him up. He grinned, less feral or mischivious and more proud, and he could feel his vanished tail swishing

Did he notice that it was a child who opened the door? No. He only expected Rosemary, so he was preocupied making sure that Kamra was somfortable. He he did a double take when instead of a woman aorund Karma's age, there was a human child. Shit, did he have the wrong house? But, uncle Karma was promising at least. "Ah! My appologies, child. Do you know where your mother is?" He asked and like that, a woman came out. At, pretty. "He's fine, just exhausted. He refused to go to sleep at first, tried staying up." He chuckled, walking in making sure Karma was okay, and putting him on the couch. Like this, Karma was quite cute. He thumbed Karma's cheek before the child started talking to him. Or, he supposed more like talking at him. He looked at the kid, face blank and hummed in amusement at the random questions.

A Troll? Rude child, but he supposed his current attire would make someone think he lived on the streets he supposed. He sighed and patted the kid on the head as he sat on the floor. "No, I'm not a troll. I am homeless technically though. And Some trolls do eat humans, some don't. Most trolls don't look human, see? Well, they can look humanoid, but you can always tell a Troll from their unnatural skin colour and protuding eyes. Think... dark green or blue skin colours, those are the more common colours." He explained and then hummed about eating humans. "Never actually eaten an actual human before, but I've heard they taste like chicken. Which makes sense with how our bodies work and how muscle works." He chuckled at the questionings, and smiled up at the woman.

"Oh its quite alright, its rather entertaining." He watched as Rosemary had shooed off Killian and he chuckled at the appologies. He let her check over her brother, moving out of her way, keeping an eye just in case. Couldn't be too careful afterall. At the questioning and the threat of a gun he smiled, almost dangerously. "Well, I suppose I can be truthful about who I am and what happened, seeing you are Karma's sister." He hummed before unvanishing his horns and wings for a quick moment before vanishing them again. "I was summoned to Karma's house thanks to his father, who tried to seal me in Karma's Body. Karma, as you can tell, has a bad eye caused by the father, and was an even worse state than he is now. I made a contract with Karma, to protect him while he got onto his feet, while he explained how the modern world worked. I haven't bneen up here in over 200 years you see." He smiled sheepishly.

"It started getting late, and we had no where to go, on the account that the house I was summoned in and killed all those pathetic humans that wished to seal me in an unwilling, damaged human, was Karma's house. I just need to know who I need to talk to, to get a house and we can and will be out of your hair, but at this point in time, we just needed a place to stay. So, Karma suggested here, since I can teleport and fly. However, Karma was so tired, the poor boy fell asleep in my arms. Understandable after the day he's had." He added. "What sucks is that I haven't mastered healing magic yet, otherwise I'd have fixed Karma's eye already. I do hope his eye can be fixed through human means." He added worridly, but he wasn't really. He could easily get another Demon to fix the eye, and besides, having another reason to have the Human rely on him wasn't a bad idea.

"Oh! I should introduce myself, how rude of me." He bowed, proper and reagal like a prince. "I alm Thelvik Ag'dronniz, however while other humans are present, please call me Alexander, Xander for short." He stood up, and smiled charmingly, however there was a clear danger to the smile. "And please, don't worry about me harming your brother. The contract we have means I am to protect him, not hurt him. I am a Demon of my word and contract." He added, a more genuine smile showing through.

care_less care_less

The boy was actually surprised that the man wanted to carry out a conversation with him. If he was honest with himself, the child was only trying to annoy the other. He was never fond of strangers. Especially men while his father wasn't home. Like most kids, he was rather judgemental. His mother didn't sound like she recognized him. What if he was some crazy murderer? So he squinted his eyes at Thelvik suspicion. "Wouldn't YOU know," he grumbles. Once he heard his mother coming, he sent a glare his way. "Don't do anything with my mum, weirdo!" he hissed before sticking his tongue out. Then, he was off to his room.

Rosemary's protective attitude towards Karma only increased when she saw the horns and wings appear on Thelvik's person. Her first instinct was to grab the holy water kept on the TV stand behind him. Unlike most humans, she wasn't necessarily shocked that demons existed. After all, she grew up in a Satanic cult and was married to someone who studied said existence for his career. She was more so confused what one would want from her brother. No offense to Karma, but he didn't have a lot to give besides his soul. It didn't make sense how kind he was. She could get behind the idea that all demons weren't assholes, but this didn't sound like a smart deal. At least for Thelvik. He was giving more than he was taking. He could figure out the modern world by his lonesome. It wasn't that hard to pick up a modern day world history book.

"You're extremely lucky that I already know of your existence. Otherwise I would have kicked you out or try to kill you," Rosemary says as she glanced down at Karma. What did he get himself into. "Well, let's carry this conversation to the dining room. I'd hate to disturb him." She began moving out of the living room. The dining room was connected through and open walkway, but it was far enough to be away from earshot of Karma. The kitchen was also connected on the other side. Luckily, it was rather open as well. So when Rosemary returned to cooking dinner from earlier, she was still able to speak and look at Thelvik without needing to yell. "Go ahead, sit. I shouldn't be too long," Rosemary insists. She stirred the silver pot sitting on the stove. She was making homemade tomato soup, and was just finishing it up.

"Pardon my ignorance, but your deal with Karma sounds rather strange," Rosemary began. She pushed back a strand of her black hair to keep it from falling into the soup. Her hair was long. Reaching down her back and barely moving past her waist. Deciding to keep any stray hairs from falling, she tied it back with a hair barrette from her wrist. Then, returned to stirring. "You make it sound as if you gain something, but you don't. In fact, you gain next to nothing. So I'm confused on what your plan is once Karma moves on." The woman glanced over to the couch. She gave out a tired sigh. "He's been through a lot, but he isn't weak nor is he stupid. Someone with his brain could bounce back within a few months. What will you do if he no longer requires your so called 'protection'?" Rosemary knew that what she said sounded off-putting, but she meant it. It was clear where Killian had received his lack of trust from.

Blinking, she laughed softly to herself. What did it matter in the end? Karma wasn't a child. He needed to make decisions for himself, and she was sure that he would tell her such when he woke up. "My apologies. I suppose I have a lack of filter at times." Once she was determined that her soup was finished, she turned off the eye and brought out two white bowls. She poured an equal amount in both to realize that she had a good amount still left over. So, she poured Xander a portion as well. She had some cheese toast that was finished a while ago, in which she placed it in the oven to keep warm. She came over to Xander and placed the bowl, a silver spoon, and a paper napkin with a slice of cheese toast. "I'm positive that demons can eat a human meal, so eat up."

"Kill me? Cute. I'd love to see a human try and kill me." He grinned, more amused at the threat. When you were a demon who could fight a small army of Angels singlehandedly, how much of a threat was a single human? he did, however, follow her into the nearby room, and sit down. From here he could see Karma in case the kid woke up, not that he needed to see, since he could technically hear when Karma woke up. So, he relaxed onto the table, restng his head on said table and having his tail out, flicking around harmlessly. His tail, was in fact harmless. He looked to Rosemary who was talking and he hummed in amusement.

"Oh but I do. Being the eldest of 5 is tiresome. And I'm the one who is forced to look after and corrall my four brothers. Let me tell you, the twins are a nightmare. Never have twins, they are menaces." He warns, amist his complaining. "from the contract I gain understanding of the human world without having to make a foold of myself in front of other humans, I get a break from being a babysitter, and Karma is... intriguing to say the least." Thelvik explained, relaxing on his hand. "I get a lot more out of this contract than he does, even if it doesn't seem like much. As for when he no longer needs my protection, the kid doesn't have a home, or a house that isn't bathed in blood that he owns, he doesn't have a job, has a bad eye and wont ask me for help with it. He's disabled and from what I can tell, he didn't have any friends and he wasn't very against leaving." He shrugged. "But, if it comes to a point where he activly doesn't need me or my help, we can talk about it. Our deal lets us break if off if both sides agree, so if we both agree and Karma feels as though he really doesn't need my help, and I've felt I've learnt enough ot the human world, I'll go. I already told him I don't need his soul, so he'll just go to purgatory." He shrugged.

"You're worried for your brother, nothing to apologise for. I'd threaten anything that could cause harm to my baby brothers, Hate most of their guts but their family." He chuckled. Moraz was the only one he didn't groan whenever he had to check up on him. He blinked in confusion when he was served food, looking at Rosemary for an explanation. "I mean, I can. But... Why are you feeding me?" He asked, pulling the bowl closer. Mashed tomatoes and water with herbs. huh. He figured this could be a trap, but at the same time, he was curious as shit. So, he tried it, and found that it tasted rather nice. "Human food certainly has changed over the last 200 years. Who'd have thought, tomato pulp, water and a bunch of herbs." He hummed in interest. "Oh I should probably explain. The last time I was here, It was 1830. Which is why I had Karma explaining what an Aeroplane was, how the AC worked, I still don't... fully understand, but i get the meaning, and electricity. He's very good at teaching, and I'm very stupid." He chuckled.

And well, it wasn't wrong. Moraz had tried explaining some of the human world to him whenever he got summoned, but Thelvik often found himself confused. Because Moraz would explain everything but the things he needed to understand. So he oten ended up ignoring Moraz on the sole account he got too confused and lost when the other started talking. so it was safe to say he was quite a bit behind. So Karma was very useful to him. "But the idea that Karma gets more out of our Contract than I do is silly. If anything, I feel like I'm taking too much, which is why I said I'd protect the kid." He shrugged. "Oh, how old is he? I never asked.i keep calling him kid, but if he's an adult, that might be a bit rude." He frowned slightly lost in thought. "Mother might just kill me if I started being rude to people with no valid reason to being rude in the first place." He grimaced. Mother was the only Demon he feared, the only other being he feared was his father who technically wasn't a Demon.

care_less care_less

Thelvik's overly confident attitude was definitely rubbing Rosemary the wrong way. Whether it was intended or not, the female took it as cocky. She was trying to tell herself that he was a demon, so she shouldn't be surprised if he was arrogant. But she was hoping that if he had the heart to bring her brother to safety, that he would at least pretend to be humble. "He's twenty," she says in an almost annoyed tone. "He turns twenty-one in December. He's not a child." Her dark eyes narrowed at him. Much like the boy had done to Thelvik a few minutes earlier. But her's had much more of an edge to it. It was threatening, but probably not to the prince of Hell. She would find a way to get rid of him. She was smart. She knew that she had enough connections to find out a way to at least make the demon uncomfortable. For now, she'll play nice.

When asked why she was giving him food, she shrugged as she prepared Killian's bowl. "I had extra," she says as she began moving towards the stairs. "There's a bathroom in the hallway if you ever need it. You're forbidden to go upstairs, so don't bother trying." Just before she moved up the stairs, she stopped herself. "Let it be clear that I do not like your contract with my brother. In fact, I don't think I even like you. But it was Karma's decision to trust you, so I won't kick you out if it means getting him upset. He's my priority, and if that means that I have to put up with you, then I will. Don't try anything, or we'll have a problem." She didn't bother looking at Thelvik again before walking away.

Rosemary did not speak to the demon again that night. She came downstairs later that night to tidy up. She checked on Karma, made herself a bowl, cleaned the dishes, and dropped off some sheets, blankets and pillows for Thelvik to use on the second couch. Then, she was off to bed as well. The best part about living in the country side was the quiet. The only sounds that could be heard was the sound of crickets and night bugs playing their soft music outside. It was the perfect environment for Karma to relax in. When he woke up, the night had shifted to early morning. And the first thing he could hear were the birds chirping outside. He rubbed his eye as he sat himself up slowly. His black hair sticking up from all ends, making it obvious that he just woken up. The young male looked around the room in confusion. Then his eyes landed on Thelvik, who was not that far away from him. His mind finally caught up from the events of last night. 'Ah,' he thought to himself 'So it wasn't a dream.'

He felt his body become shaky. His father was dead, and that reality began to sink in. As terrible as the man was, he couldn't help but feel a part of him rip knowing that he was dead. That was when he saw Rosemary come out of the kitchen. He smiled softly as he waved at her, "Hey..." Rosemary hurried over to him and pulled him into a hug. Her hand gently guiding his head to her shoulder. She was glad to see him up and okay. Karma was taken back at first, but pleasantly surprised. He hugged her back too. Their embraced lasted a while. The two have been fighting all these years to see each other. And now, the time was finally here. "I missed you. You don't know how much I've missed you," she whispered with tears in her eyes. "I missed you too."

When the siblings pulled away, Karma looked over at Thelvik. He laughed awkwardly. He didn't know how the two interacted last night, and he was nervous to ask about it. "So, my friend-"
"Yes, we talked last night," Rosemary responded with a sigh. "It's okay. As long as Draco doesn't find out, there's nothing to worry about." That's right, Rosemary was married. He stood up and looked around again at the mention of her husband. "Is he around?"
"No. He's off in America with Mathew. While you wait for your friend to wake up, would you mind making some breakfast with me? You always were a good cook."
Karma chuckled lightly, and followe her to the kitchen. Though it was difficult to coordinate with only one eye, Karma was able to manage making scrambled eggs while Rosemary made some coffee, toast, and bacon. Once they were finished, he walked over to the living room and shook Thelvik's shoulder lightly. But made sure not to be too rough in case he would anger the other. "U-Um, Thel-er...Xander? I made some food if you wanted some..."

So Kamra was 20 years old huh? He looked back to Karma thoughtfully. Demons were.... very different in terms of aging, 20 was no where near adult in their eyes. you could physically look like an adult, but you wern't considered one until at least 100. And even then, it wasn't uncommon to be over 200 and still be called a 'kid' by a demon who was 800+ yrs old. He looked back to Rose and sighed. "No more calling him kid then." He said, almost pouting. He'll have to think up another endearing nickname that wasn't unintionally rude. She laid down the rules of her house, which he saw as fair. Unless Karma needed him and was upstairs, why would he have a need to go upstairs. She gave him a mini rant and he couldn't help but smile amused. He let her go without replying, deciding to finish the bowl of soup. It was tasty. He finished it and used a bit of magic to clean it and put it to the side. He didn't know where it went.

He looked at the pillows and blankets, guessing that the human assumed he needed sleep. Ha. Still he made himself comfortable, unable to help himself to sloth, and he simply rested. His face facing Karma so he could get up and go to him and see whats happening instantly. He wasn't asleep, which is why he knew that Karma was awake and Rosemary was in the kitchen. But if he knew anything when he was forced to be babbied by his mother, its that you don't want to be babied so early on in the day. So he decided to let the boy wake up. He wondered if that was a good idea seeing how he could hear Karma shake, but not for long as Rosemary came out and he let them have their moment. They were parted for... god knows how long, and they clearly care for each other. He wasn't going to be that guy to interrupt.

He heard them go intot he kitchen to cook, and he watched sneakily. Karma almost dropped a few things, but Xander simply smiled and manourvered them so they didn't fall on the floor. He'd get up at this point, but he was a Demon, and the blanket cocoon was very warm. He eventually began to doze when there was nothing to help with, and he relaxed in the warmth, but he blinked awake when he was shaken. He looked up and smiled, not moving an inch other than his head. "But I'm warrrmmm" He complained, almost childishly with a pout. To see him now, you woulnd't believe he was a scary prince of hell. He looked more like an overgrown child refusing to get up. "Besides, I ate last night. Do-Do humans eat so often?" He asked, confused. Demons ate whenever they were hungry, and when your diet consisted mostly of demon souls and whatever flesh was found and killed in the demon realm, you didn't often have a need for food.

"I'm willing to try the food though, doesn't smell bad." He added, looking at the kitchen but then at his cocoon. Then he remembered, he was a demon. He can just use heating spells to wam himself up. He sat up and shivered, but a snap of his fingers and he relaxed. "I keep forgetting of the simple spells that make my life so much easier. Alright I'm up." He grinned getting up. "You cold at all?" He asked, wanting to make sure that the kid was comfortable. Ah, but he couldnt' call him kid. Hmm, he needed an endearing nickname. "I can heat you up, or cool you down if you're warm." He explained with a gentle smile. He might seem mean or cocky, or even rude when by himself, you wouldn't think that seeing him now, with how soft and sweet he was being on Karma. "Just let me know what you want buttercup." He grinned, using the nickname. "No, buttercup doesn't work. I'll think of a proper nickname for you. Eventually." He sighed. He hated thinking up names.

care_less care_less

Karma's cheeks had a slight pink tint to them as he was looking down at him. He wasn't sure if it was because of working over a stove or how cute the other's groans were, but he tried not to think about it. Or else he would turn bright red. He had forgotten that demons didn't necessarily need food to survive, so he felt stupid for asking Xander in the first place. "A-Ah, well typically humans should eat three times a day," he tried to explain. He avoided looking the other in his eyes just in case it would offend him. "I-I'm sorry, I should have asked you if you wanted to eat first. I can just put the extras somewhere else." He was more than afraid of upsetting Xander much like he had upset his father. He didn't want to get hit or smacked around, or even worse, killed.

Karma was just about to scurry away until he heard Xander say that he wanted to try some. The human turned around quickly. He was more than happy to hear that someone else would want to eat his food. Back when he lived with the cult, he was never allowed to go anywhere near the kitchen. He could not tell exactly what made his father so angry towards the idea of him cooking a meal. Did it remind him of his mother or Rosemary? Did he think it tested Karma's masculinity? Karma could never think of why, but he never pushed his father's rule. He was glad now that he was more free to do as he please. After all, he thoroughly enjoyed cooking. It was the one thing he knew he could do without messing up. "Really? O-Oh, okay!" Karma said excitedly. A gentle smile spread across his lips as he fetched Xander a plate. Rosemary of course, ignored the demon completely. She did not want to say anything unkind (especially in front of Karma), so she kept her words to herself.

Karma placed Xander's plate on the dinner table. Giving him a glass of orange juice to go with his meal, then placed his own food besides him. "I uhm...sprinkled some cheese and salt on top of the eggs. I didn't know if you liked pepper...so I didn't put any on. But I have some here, i-in case you want to put some on top," Karma offered nervously. At the sound of Xander trying to find a good nickname for him, Karma smiled sheeplessly. "A-Ah, that's not necessary," he insisted. "You are already calling me by my nickname..." He looked down at his food and smiled. This was the first home cooked meal Karma has had in a while. A few years at least. It felt good to not constantly look over his shoulder and have multiple people obsess over him. He took a few forkfuls, then gave out a long sigh. This was lovely. Unfortunately for Rosemary, she could not enjoy the food like the other two. She had to rush to work.

"Alright, I'm off," she says as she moved towards the front door. "I won't be back till dark, since I have to go to the market after I pick up Killian. But go out and enjoy the town, Karma! I don't want to keep you locked up!" He smiled at her as he stopped to wave at her. "Don't worry about me. I'll see you later," Karma replied. And with that, Rosemary waved back before closing the door behind her. Leaving the pair alone together. Karma's social skills were practically nonexistent. He never had a reason to really speak to anyone besides his father and stepmother, so he had forgotten how to start up a conversation. Instead, he sat in an uncomfortable silence. Lettinf only the sound of his fork scooping up food from his plate echo across the room.

Thelvik had to admit, he had his work cut out for him. 'Karma will be fine in a few months' his ass, Rosemary! The guy is obviously traumatised, he barely had to read the others actual emotions to pick up in the nerves the other had. Okay, sure, a Demon who killed your father is now working to protect you, it would be understandable if you were nervous, but Karma is acting as though Thelvik was going to kill him if he was even remotely inconvenienced. They... really needed to have a chat. Maybe remind the Human that Thelvik was still hanging around him to protect him, not harm him. It would go against his contract to harm him, and that was a big no no. So obvious he has issues he had got to work though. Thelvik was... not a psychiatrist but he can certainly force the other to go to one. And even then, that trauma could easily stay with him the rest of his life. Although thelvik had to admit, he felt warm when Karma seemed to brighten up at his interest in his food. And the warmth was not from his spell.

Thelvik didn't care that Rosemary didn't seem to pay him any attention, she made herself very clear. Which, he respected. They had similar goals after all, keeping Karma alive and healthy, and preferably happy, so he played civilly, ignoring Rosemary and watching Karma as he sat down. He couldn't help but notice Karmas behind though, and apreciated any glimces he was allowed before Kamra came back to him with a plate full of food. He shrugged taking the food. "I'm not the most acustomed to human food, but I don't remember having a prefrence for anything. I'll eat whatever you give me." He replied truthfully. Since he played the part of a homeless child most of the time back in the 1800's, he never got to eat, and when he was adopted, he was given mostly soups and stews, that tastes very watery and often ended up being luke warm. He'd have bread some times, but mostly in the morning. Even back then, however, he ate whenever he felt hungry. Then, Moraz started cooking, and he knew he could eat most of the confectionary treats. but that was it on his knowledge. So he was willing to eat whatever Kamra made him.

At the insistance to call him Karma, he couldn't help but pout. "Yeah, but everyone calls you that. Its like 'Xander' short for 'Alexander' its a nickname, but its not personal." He grouched, eating the eggs and looked at it in confusion. That was a weird texture and taste. It wasn't bad, he just wasn't expecting it. "It was why I was calling you kid, but you're not a child so its a bit rude to call you that." He sighed, eating another bite of the eggs. He watched silently as Rosemary had to run, and like that, they were left alone. He blinked, and noticed the uncomfortable atmosphere. hm... How to cut it. If it ever got uncomfortable at home, Moraz would say something wholesome, or the twins would create mischief. But he wans't very wholesome and he doubted mischief would be a good idea. So, he decided 'fuck it' and opened his mouth.

"I can feel how uncomfortable you are, you know. Well, uncomfortable might not be the right word. Nervous? Scared? Intimidated? Whatever it is, I can feel it. You act... as though I'm going to hurt you if you step out of line. I can understand why with how your father was, but... I'm here to protect you. And there isn't much you could do that could get me angry." He said bluntly. "Sorry for being so blunt, I'm not sure how to approach this sort of topic. But, our contract is that I must rpotect you. Hurting you in any way wouldn't be protecting you, the contract would be null and, had your soul been on the line, I wouldn't gain your soul since I had broken the contract. So... while i understand why you'd be scared of me, I don't see why you're... walking on eggshells constantly." he explained. He probably didn't explain that right, but oh well. "Thought I should bring it up." He added.

care_less care_less

Karma tried to be subtle as he watched the other eat, but it was nearly impossible for him. He wanted to make sure that Xander had actually liked the food he made. He wasn't sure how long the other had planned on staying with him, but he knew that it would be a while. And if Xander didn't like his food, perhaps it would be best to buy pre-made food instead. He say the other's jaw slow down as he chewed. That usually wasn't a good sign. "You don't like it?" he asked in a disappointed tone. Karma's heart dropped. He thought cooking was the one thing he was good at. Perhaps he should find something else. "You don't have to eat it, I-I can just throw it away." Karma was fidgeting with his hair, a habit that he often got yelled at for doing. He used to push his glasses back nervously instead, but his father had took them away just a few weeks ago. He claimed that he wouldn't need them if Thelvik would possess him, for his eyes would heal on their own. Now that he thought about it, he had missed them terribly. He had missed the time where sight wasn't such a struggle. It should have made him angry with how much the cult had disabled him. He would never be able to drive nor get hired for most jobs. He could barely read or see anything at night. It should enrage him. But the male was much too warn out. Instead, he sulked and shriveled up in his head. Much like a snail refusing to come out of its shell.

When Xander took another bite, he felt a tad bit better. Perhaps his food wasn't that awful after all. His eye returned to his plate. A silent chuckle slipped as he heard the other grouch over his nickname. Xander didn't make a joke, but somehow Karma thought of it as funny. He never heard of someone getting upset by trying to get personal with him. "Y-You could call me by my full name instead...not many people call me by it, if that's more personal for you," he offered with a nervous smile. "I-It's Karamatt. It's not common. Well, at least in London it's not. So people usually forget it."

Karma grew quiet once Xander began speaking after Rosemary had left. His eyes were glued onto his plate. He couldn't listen to the other with a knot tightening in his throat. He felt his guilt choking him. Was his cautious behavior making Xander uncomfortable? How could he stop himself from upsetting the other more? Thelvik was right, Karma was afraid of him. Who could blame him? The night prior he had watched him rise from Hell and murder almost everyone he knew, including his father and stepmother. No matter how many times Thelvik said otherwise, he was afraid of meeting their same fate. He felt as if he had to comply with whatever the demon wanted to avoid making him angry enough to kill him. Tears burned both of his eyes, which made the bandage covering his left one leave a dark stain. "I'm sorry," he apologized as he bowed his head. Realizing that he just did what he was told not to do, he felt his tears grow heavy enough to roll down his cheek. "A-Ah, I did it again. I don't mean to. I-I just don't want to die." There he went again, still walking on eggshells. He wiped his tears away and turned his head, just so Xander couldn't see him cry. "I-I'm really sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me. I-I'm not always this emotional, I-I just don't want to die like they did. I know this is irrational. Our deal is strict on you protecting me, but I-I don't know how to stop being afraid of you..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back