• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AquaLux

Part-Time Lurker, Full-Time Procrastinator
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, hello! As the title suggests, I'm looking for an Undertale 1x1 roleplay. I'm mostly looking to try writing with my new(ish) mage OC, specifically. I also tend to prefer a mix of canon characters and original characters in my fandom roleplays.
I'm not incredibly familiar with many AUs. Sorry! I'm most knowledgeable on Underfell and Underswap, but even then I'd probably need you to explain a fair few details before I felt comfortable roleplaying them.

There are a few things I'd like to go over too. Just things about me and some expectations I have for any potential roleplay partners.

About Me:
- I've been writing/roleplaying for about a decade now, and I consider myself to be pretty good at it. My usual post length varies, but the minimum amount that I'll write is two paragraphs unless I feel like less than that would be better. Quality over quantity!
- I can, and most likely will be playing more than one character. Maybe not all the time, but I appreciate side characters a lot. I can also play canon characters. Most of them. (I also feel the need to say that I am Canon x OC trash, so I'm down for that too. Ask me about it if you're interested!)
- I'm perfectly fine with darker, more mature themes, as long as they stay within the site's rules.
- My activity online fluctuates a lot, and so does my motivation to write. Sometimes you might not hear from me for long periods of time. I'm dealing with a lot of issues right now, so don't be alarmed if I drop off the radar for a while. I try to come back to things on my own eventually, but I also don't mind a friendly reminder every now and then.

What I'm Looking For In My Roleplay Partners:
- Someone who is 18+, preferably.
- Please don't give me one-liners. I'm okay with a single paragraph sometimes, as long as whatever you're writing moves the story along. But one-liners are rarely effective in moving the story anywhere, so I would strongly prefer to avoid those.
- I would appreciate it if you could also play side characters sometimes as well, alongside your main character(s). It's also greatly appreciated(and preferred) if you could play canon characters as well.
- Ideally, someone who is patient enough to deal with my disappearing acts.

I don't really have any detailed ideas in mind for the roleplay itself, at the moment. Maybe we could do something post-pacifist route, when the monsters are all on the surface? Or perhaps the monsters are still underground and we could work with something like that. If you have any ideas of your own, feel free to let me know!

Unfortunately as someone who is in the Undertale fandom, not many people rp the original universe as most stick with AUs as they have become incredibly popular. I myself stick as a AU person so it’s hard to find original folks out there and even then most use OCs but I don’t recommend giving up. There’s plenty of people here you can look for you might just have to be a little patient that’s all!
Yeah, it seems that way! I'm determined(heh) to find someone to roleplay with though. I might get into AUs at some point, but for now, I'll continue to do things my own way. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words!

I'd be interested. My only issue is activity. If people often leave for 1wk+ I tend to ghost cuz it means the rp won't really move any.

I'd be interested. My only issue is activity. If people often leave for 1wk+ I tend to ghost cuz it means the rp won't really move any.
That's fair, honestly. And I can't even promise that I won't vanish abruptly, even if I'm really enjoying the roleplay. That's just how these things go sometimes, unfortunately. But if you want, we could still try to start something and see how it goes? If it doesn't end up working out, then no hard feelings? And also no hard feelings either, if you'd just rather not, of course. It depends on what you want to do.

I suppose it would honestly depend on the absences, I usually am ok if ya notify me bwfore but otherwise I do mark stuff as ghosted after 1wk

I suppose it would honestly depend on the absences, I usually am ok if ya notify me bwfore but otherwise I do mark stuff as ghosted after 1wk
Hmm, well I could make an honest effort to let you know beforehand if I think I'm gonna disappear for a bit. It's never really a planned thing though- sometimes I just don't feel like going online one day, and then before I know it, that one day has turned into 2 weeks. I do really want to get better at not doing that though.

I'm interested- But I'll give you a few details about me first-

writing format;
Generally when writing, I try to avoid one liners-
Depending on the main pov, I usually stick to 3rd person, but I will adapt if needed-
When I write longer I try to push myself to at least a paragraph- I normally write 3-5 sentences on a normal day, where I'm tired and somewhat unmotivated, though give me enough details and I'll go for a paragraph at minimum-
I make my dialogue bold, and descriptions of actions and whatnot in italic.
I also try to use a bit of variety in my verbs/adverbs/adjectives/ect because I do notice I can repeat certain words such as "And", "but", "though", and others that I'm having trouble remembering rn-

Availability;
I try to be on as much as I can, but if I don't respond right away that probably means I'm doing something. In most cases I try to respond almost immediately, with the best quality I can offer.
I'm less available on the weekends, but during the week I'm on more frequently- If I'm late, or feel like I'm late with a reply I'll probably apologize for it- So hah- Yeah-

Knowledge;
I know a lot with Undertale, and the aus, though I'm all for the classic universe if that's what you'd like.

Genres;
I'm good with any genres, I love horror/angsty stuff, Romance and platonic, and whatever else you can think of-
I love giving my characters trauma lmao- I'm slightly kidding-
So like If you wanna do ships I'm cool with that. I honestly have a pretty large range of ship dynamics so if you want me to do it I can do it. I can do M/M, F/F, M/F, NB/F, NB/M, and so on-

Playable Characters (I can probably play more than this but this is what I'm most familiar with);
Undertale:
-Sans
-Papyrus
-Frisk (aged up or not-)
-Chara (Same as Frisk)
-Flowey
-Temmie
-Alphys

Underswap:
-Sans (Canon or Fanon)
-Papyrus
-Temmie
-Flowey
-Undyne
-Frisk
-Chara

Underfell:
-Sans
-Frisk
-Flowey

And of course.. Oc's:
Which I can talk about in dms if you want- Because I have a few-

I'm interested- But I'll give you a few details about me first-

writing format;
Generally when writing, I try to avoid one liners-
Depending on the main pov, I usually stick to 3rd person, but I will adapt if needed-
When I write longer I try to push myself to at least a paragraph- I normally write 3-5 sentences on a normal day, where I'm tired and somewhat unmotivated, though give me enough details and I'll go for a paragraph at minimum-
I make my dialogue bold, and descriptions of actions and whatnot in italic.
I also try to use a bit of variety in my verbs/adverbs/adjectives/ect because I do notice I can repeat certain words such as "And", "but", "though", and others that I'm having trouble remembering rn-

Availability;
I try to be on as much as I can, but if I don't respond right away that probably means I'm doing something. In most cases I try to respond almost immediately, with the best quality I can offer.
I'm less available on the weekends, but during the week I'm on more frequently- If I'm late, or feel like I'm late with a reply I'll probably apologize for it- So hah- Yeah-

Knowledge;
I know a lot with Undertale, and the aus, though I'm all for the classic universe if that's what you'd like.

Genres;
I'm good with any genres, I love horror/angsty stuff, Romance and platonic, and whatever else you can think of-
I love giving my characters trauma lmao- I'm slightly kidding-
So like If you wanna do ships I'm cool with that. I honestly have a pretty large range of ship dynamics so if you want me to do it I can do it. I can do M/M, F/F, M/F, NB/F, NB/M, and so on-

Playable Characters (I can probably play more than this but this is what I'm most familiar with);
Undertale:
-Sans
-Papyrus
-Frisk (aged up or not-)
-Chara (Same as Frisk)
-Flowey
-Temmie
-Alphys

Underswap:
-Sans (Canon or Fanon)
-Papyrus
-Temmie