• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Underneath My Skin There Is A Violence || Cyberpunk Anarchy

SpectreN7

Renegade For Life
tumblr_owdz3a6hSl1uqrdeoo1_400.gifv

Come touch me like I'm an ordinary man
Have a look in my eyes
Underneath my skin there is a violence
It's got a gun in its hands

Current year: 2099.
The world has gone to shit.

Nuclear strikes during a conflict known as the Doomsday War have left parts of the planet inhabitable, and most governments are paper puppets to be used by mega-corporations, who have commodified everything in life. The gap between the wealthy and poor is more the size of a galaxy, and there is nothing in between. Crime is rampant, to the point where law enforcement doesn’t care, as long as it doesn’t scruff the shoes of the important. About the only way to even try to get ahead is to sign up as a mercenary, take jobs from fixers, and facilitate the economy of one power trying to fuck over another.

That’s where we come in. Maybe you sought out the fixer, needing to get out of dodge, or wanting a chance to make a name for yourself. Maybe the fixer came to you, because you’re the best at what you do. Whatever your personal reasons and circumstances, you’re a part of this crew. You’ve taken this job. And we’ll all going to be rich and legends by the end of it.

The target is Kane Industries: a mega-corp that made the Titans — super soldiers used to force an end to The Doomsday War, and corner the market of military power and force. We’re to hit one of their conveys, steal a package, and deliver it to our client. Don’t know what that package is, and we shouldn’t ask questions.

We should just do the job and move on with our soon-to-be-gold-plated lives. Let’s just make sure it doesn’t get fucked up beyond repair.

<Two directions we can go with this: city-based, more cyberpunk. Or, space-faring outlaws, yet still gritty. I’m honestly super-down for either, and have left the lore / setting intentionally vague to be molded into both options.>

_______

Kept you waiting, huh?

Howdy! I’m Spectre: a dice-rolling dork, who owns way too many swords, plays way too many RPGs, and loves writing as a form of expression and way to decompress.

Above is a plot I really want to write for a character of mine, who I’ve had an insane craving to play again. He’s bit of an asshole (like all mine are), but is actually kind of a teddy bear, at least? His name is Maverick, and his character sheet will be in the post after this.

I would also love for us to double, or both write some side characters, to fill out the crew. We’ll need a few more to fuck up — I mean, pull off — this gig of ours. Mav is supposed to be the tank/combat pewpew monkey, but other roles I’m interested in portraying: a hacker / netrunner, the pilot / driver / face, or a skill monkey / rogue.

Oh, and here’s what I’m looking for in a writing partner, and what you can expect from me in return:
  • My minimum for a post is around 300 words, my max 1000+, depending on the scene and characters involved, and my average 500. Quality is more valued over quantity. I’m a strong supporter of posting what comes naturally to the scene.
  • I write third-person, past tense.
  • I promise at least a post a week, with the possibility of more. I will never pressure you for a post, and would appreciate the same courtesy. If you need a break, I understand. We can always come back to our story in the future, if it’s of interest to you.
  • As I am getting further into my twenties, I am only open to writing with people 18 and over. It’s just a comfort thing, no offense to all the wonderful young writers out there!
  • OOC communication is appreciated; please let me know if you’re not vibing with anything, and I’ll be happy to address it.
  • Romance is always enjoyable, though not necessary, and will never be forced; our characters have chemistry, or they don’t.
  • LGBTQ+ welcome! Most of my characters are pan, and open to any and all pairings.
  • Preferably you’re open to darker themes. Please let me know your limits.

_______

Just a few more notes and ideas about the world:

THE DOOMSDAY WAR & TITANS:
World War Three, more commonly known as the Doomsday War, started in earnest in 2073, yet a cold war was brewing for decades before shots were fired, as resources became scarce and strained between the world superpowers. As the war waged on, nuclear fire threatening the survival of humanity itself, a mega-corporation known as Kane Industries undertook Project Prometheus.​

The subjects were those who didn’t have anyone who would come looking for them, society’s unwanted: criminals, orphans, and the abandoned. Through training, surgery, steroids and other medical drugs, and melding of nervous system with machine wiring, the Titans were created. Enhanced muscles and reflexes, healing factors, and hard as steel bones made them incredible super soldiers. They quickly brought the war to an end, but allowed Kane Industries to take control of the government, turning it into an empty shell, and consolidate power.​

WARPERS
They started to make their appearance at the onset of the Doomsday War, or, at least, the world became more aware of them and began researching them.​

Warpers are rare individuals who possess a genetic code identical to another inhabiting a parallel universe — one whose physics are fundamentally different than our own — and through quantum entanglement, allows them abilities, or powers, natural to that other universe. (Aka, science babble = they’re mutants / metahumans).The name “warpers” come from the fact that they “warp” our reality with another.​

Though many mega-corps have tried to create their own warpers, or replicate their genetic code, they haven’t been able to do so. Therefore, warpers not bound to a corp are often hunted by Titans, and either forced to enter into a contract with Kane Industries (and often infused with a control chip), or disposed of.​

Since warpers use dark energy from another universe to use their abilities, that same energy will degrade their bodies over time, the rate at which being proportional to how strongly and how often they use their powers. While there are exceptions, most don’t live past forty. This dark energy they bring into our universe is also slowly decaying it, or so mega-corporations claim to justify their desire to control them. Perhaps warpers are merely a side effect from dark energy bleeding into our universe.​

BLACKFIRE
A drug invented a few decades ago, running rampant through the world. Known for the apathy it induces in its users, and with frequent doses, causes psychotic behavior and violence. Also enhances the abilities of warpers. Used by Kane Industries in the breaking of both Titans and warpers.​

_______

If vibing and interested, please send me a PM!

Last edited:
    general
    MAV
    full name
    Reinhard "Maverick" Rolfson
    sexuality
    Pansexual (Preference For Femininity)
    date of birth
    April 11th (Aries)
    place of birth
    Roskilde, Denmark
    BERSERKER
    ethnicity.
    Danish.

occupation.
    Mercenary.

known languages.
    English, Danish, Norwegian.

etc.
    Former Soldier.
left

Last edited:

d3a098e90a2348ab7f0b8b1bb9450a284946fc8b.gif

Confine me, let me be the lesser of a beautiful man
Without the blood on his hands
Come and make me a martyr come and break my feeling
With your violence with the gun on my head

Bumping this, because I have a hankering to write this character again. Would be open to other plots in a sci-if setting for Mav, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back