• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Kio.exe

Road work ahead? Uh, I sure hope it does...
1600098192021.jpeg1600098303043.png

Underground:
It’s the year 2200, and as one would expect, advances in technology have been amazing. AI, like never experienced, cures for thousands of diseases. Tools, weapons and inventions beyond your wildest dreams. It seems that science has figure everything out, except for one thing. The human psyche. What drives human desire? Why do we make the choices we do? The scientists are frustrated with their lack of knowledge on the subject, and build an underground facility, kidnapping teens between the ages of 16 and 19, throwing them in their with no adult supervision to watch them. The only contact with the outside world they have is the personal AI assistant each teen has installed in their rooms and brains. Does chaos fall over the facility? Do they work together to try to escape?
———————————————————
Guidelines:
001: This RP is for you to build! You can build the world, give suggestions for events, and even make changes, so long as everyone agrees.
002: You may have more than one character, but no more than three. All must fit into the prompt, so either a scientist, or a teen between the ages of 16 and 19. Please try and refrain from creating Gary or Mary Sues, or characters that are over powered in any way.
003: Romance is allowed, and even encouraged, as long as it follows the RPN guidelines.
004: Swearing is allowed, as long as no one is uncomfortable with it, and it is not used excessively, or in every sentence
005: Please be literate, and write at least one paragraph per post! No using asterisks to show action please!
006: To avoid confusion please include your character’s name in every post and be sure to @ everyone you interact with. Also please be active!
007: All OOC talk, character bios and other stuff will be done in the given threads, not here.
008: Have fun!!

Selena awoke, her head throbbing. She was on a bed, neatly made, in a small room containing only the bed, a dresser, a floor length mirror, and a door that opened to a bathroom. Where was she? The last thing she remembered was her mother kissing her goodnight, and giving her warm milk, as she did every night to help her sleep. Now she was here.

She sat up, and left the bed, pulling open the drawers of the dresser. Inside were all clothes that she would wear, just that she had never seen before. They were all her size. Weird...she thought, rubbing her temples.

“Selena Sparks, Age: 17, Gender: Female: Height: 5’6” Weight: 138 pounds. Eye color: Green. Hair color: dark brown,” an electronic voice sounded from behind her. She whirled around to face the screen, a projection of an AI assistant displayed. “Hello Selena, I’m you AI Assistant, Nova. If you need anything, Just say or think a command!” The AI said. Think a command? How would she know if I did that? Selena thought, and was startled when Nova popped up in her vision. “Please report to the courtyard in five minutes. Don’t be late,” was all Nova said before disappearing.

Selena grumbled, and her stomach followed suit. “I hope there’s food in the courtyard,” she told Nova, though she knew she wouldn't get a response. She opened the door of her room, expecting sunlight, but was met with flickering Hololights instead. The ceiling was over 200 feet above her head, and was all stone. She was underground. Otherwise, the space looked like a normal outdoor yard. There was grass, a few oak trees and a bunch of other buildings as far as she could see. Was there anybody else there? There were names on all the doors closest to her, one saying Nathaniel Hart, another saying Chayse Wolfe. Did they know what was going on?

She headed towards what she assumed was the courtyard, hoping to see someone along the way.

Nate awoke with a start. “Gods, my head hurts,” he muttered running a hand through his hair. He snorted, remembering what had occurred the previous night. Not even a year in America and he’d already been kidnapped. Was this a normal occurrence here? He hoped not. It wasn’t pleasant to say the least. He had been on his way back from work when three people in black masks had put a sweet smelling cloth under his nose, and that was it. Now he was here. “Where exactly is ‘here’,” he grumbled, “Surely my kidnappers will me.” He chuckled. “I wonder what they want with an Australian bloke like me.”

“Nathaniel Hart, 18. From Melbourne, Australia. Height: 6 feet and 5 inches. Weight: 185 pounds. Eyes: Gray. Hair: Bronze,” an automated voice spoke, projecting an image of an AI assistant onto the screen directly in front of where he sat on the bed. “Bloody hell, you scared me,” he said, glaring at the screen. “I won’t bother introducing myself, seeing as you already know all about me,” he told it, grinning. These were pretty high tech kidnappers.

“I’m George, your AI Assistant. If you need anything just say or think a command and I will help you. Now please head to the courtyard in five minutes. Don’t be late,” it said, promptly vanishing from the screen. The courtyard? Where was that? Nate rose from the bed, stretching. He strode for the door, not bothering to rummage through the room. He didn’t want to be late.

Chayse woke slowly, frowning as she wondered why her bed felt different. Blinking her eyes open, she squinted around her before locating a blurry line that felt like her glasses. Slipping them on, she carefully stood from the strange bed, trying to figure out if she'd gotten lost somewhere on her uncle's property again and wound up in the hospital or something. This idea was quickly dismissed. This place was no hospital.

First order of business: figure out where she can find a toilet and sink. "Chayse Wolfe, 17. From Marmora, Canada. Height: 5 feet and 8 inches. Weight: 125 pounds. Eyes: Purple. Hair: Purple," came a sudden automated voice, some kind of android appearing on a screen Chayse had barely noticed.

"I'm Pat, your AI Assistant. If you need anything, just say or think a command and I will help you. Please report to the courtyard in five minutes. Don't be late."

Well. Chayse only had one response for this 'Pat,' "Where's the bathroom? I'm not going to your courtyard until I empty my freaking bladder."

The courtyard was actually just a large, stone floored clearing, with a fountain in the middle, a sign reaching out of it’s waters reading ‘The Courtyard’. There was nobody there, and Selena didn’t know why she was disappointed. Maybe she had hoped others had shared her fate and she wouldn’t be alone. She hated, above all things, being alone. A weary sigh escaped her, and she felt tears prick the back of her eyes as she sat on the edge of the stone fountain. Selena just wanted to go home, and have all this nonsense be over with. She let a single tear fall, the glistening orb catching on the edge of her nose.

The Courtyard wasn’t hard to find, and as Nate strode up, whistling a merry tune, his hands shoved in his pockets, he stopped short. There was a girl sitting on the edge of the large fountain in the center of the space, her head in her hands. Was this one of his kidnappers? He walked up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. Her head whipped up, a single tear caught on the edge of her nose. Wiping it away with a finger, he asked “Why are you crying, love? Aren’t I the one who should be crying like a git? You’re the one who kidnapped me.”

Fierce indignation filled her eyes. “Kidnapped you!? What are you on about? I was brought here too. And before you ask, no, I don’t know where we are or what happened, so please don’t bother,” she said, wiping at her eyes. She sighed, her shoulders slumping. “I’m sorry, that was rude. You’re probably just as scared as I am. I’m Selena,” she added, a weak smile on her face.

Nate grinned, pulling her into a hug. “Nate! Pleasure to meet you lass! No, let’s see if we can get it all figured out why we’re here, and if there’s anyone else here,” he said, sitting down next to her on the fountain.

Nicolas awoke, more alert than he’d been in days, a low throbbing in the middle of his forehead. Where was he? The last thing he remembered was taking the city bus back to his uncle’s house, and accepting a water bottle from the man next to him. He’d blacked out, and now he was...here. Wherever that was. The Hollolights installed in the ceiling of the small room he was in flickered softly, casting the room in a bright white-blue light. The room contained only a mirror, roughly his height, a large Screen, and a dresser, as well as a door that he assumed led to a bathroom.

“Nicolas Baker, age: 18 years, height: 6 feet and 1 inch, Weight: 175 pounds. Eye color: green-blue, hair color: black,” a robotic voice said, a projection of one of the new versions of the AI Assistants on the screen in front of him. “Hello, Nick, I’m your AI Assistant, Maura. Just say or think a command and I’ll gladly assist you. Now please report to the courtyard in five minutes. Don’t be late!”

Don’t be late. Yeah, sure, Nick thought, real helpful. He scanned the room for anything that might help him escape, finding nothing. He sighed, opening the door to outside. He scanned the environment, that for all the world would look just like a regular neighborhood were it not for the golden Hollolights that lit everything, instead of the sun. He was underground.

Following signs that said ‘Courtyard’, Nick made his way there, not sure what he’d do when he got there. ‘There’ was actually just a stone clearing with a fountain in the middle, a guy and a girl sitting on the edge, looking for all the world like they’d been waiting for him. They couldn’t have been older than him. Were they the ones who kidnapped him? No, he concluded as he studied them. They were like him.

Oh no. She was going to be late. Kaitlin sat up, expecting to be looking out the window of the plane to LA, not on some bed in who-knew-where-ville. Was this some sort of joke? Had her mom brought her to that crappy motel again? “Ugghhh,” she groaned. “She knows I hate motels!”

“Kaitlin Garret. Age: 17, Height: 5 feet and 8 inches, Weight: 123 pounds, eye color: blue, Hair color: black. Hello, Kait. I’m your AI Assistant, Benny. Just say or think a command and I’ll gladly assist you. Now please head to the courtyard in five minutes. Don’t be late,” an automated voice said, a projection appearing on the screen in front of her. She raised a meticulously groomed eyebrow at the screen. This was high tech for a motel. She sighed, getting up and peering at her reflection in the mirror. She grinned. Her hair was still neatly curled, and her makeup was still meticulous. Perfect.

Opening the door to the room, Kaitlin’s grin slipped from her face. This wasn’t a motel. She was surrounded by small buildings, all like hers, with names on the doors. Golden Hollolights lit the area. She was underground. Dim panic began to fill her body, as she rushed down the path with signs pointing towards the courtyard.

Reaching it, she skidded to a stop, brushing a piece of hair out of her face. There were three people there already, two guys and a girl. “Where. Am. I?” she ground out, glaring at those gathered. “This is seriously not funny.”

Last edited:
After having done her business, the purple haired teen proceeded to open the other door and take a look around... outside. If it could be called that. There was grass and some trees but... they were clearly in some kind of underground facility.

She walked at a leisurely pace in the direction signs indicated the courtyard to be in, entering the area with various strangers gathered at a fountain with only a single minute to spare. She tilted her head curiously and made her way towards them, stopping a few feet away and just... looking at them silently.

Her expression could be considered a frown to an onlooker but to Chayse, it felt just like a neutral, blank expression. This often caused confusion as people accused her of giving them 'the stink-eye' when she was actually staring blankly into space.

Isabel stood as three more teens entered the courtyard, looking at Nate before talking. “Uh hi! I’m Selena, and uh, well I think we’re all here for reasons unknown to us, so no, we are not your abductors. Yes, I know, you’re all confused, and probably more than a little scared. So am I. Probably more so than some of you, if I’m being honest,” she said, smiling. A tired chuckle escaped her. “I mean come on, it’s not every day we get kidnapped. Well maybe you lot do, but I certainly have never been.”

She sighed, looking to Nate. He was probably a lot better at this than her. He shot her a grin, before stepping forward.

“Wow, this really feels like an AA meeting, huh? Or do Americans not have those? Who knows. Anyways, I’m Nate and, as this lovely lady said, we’re all in this together so we’re going to be friends. All of us. No ifs ands or buts about it,” he said, grinning at each person in turn. His stomach grumbled loudly, and a startled chuckle escaped him. “I wonder what this whole ‘Gather in the courtyard, don’t be late was about.”

Nicolas sighed. These two were going to be too much for him to handle. They were underground only God knew where and they had the audacity to be cheerful about it. As no one was stepping forward to introduce themselves, he rolled his eyes, sighed and said “I’m Nick, not particularly excited to be here, and don’t expect any hugs or declarations of friendship from me either.”

Kaitlin rolled her eyes. This whole thing was ridiculous. “Look. You all might have no life, but I happen to have the title of MIss America on the line here, and I don’t particularly feel like letting that slip away because of some losers who kidnapped me,” she snapped, crossing her tan arms. “I’m sure you all know who I am, but just as a reminder I’m Kaitlin. Garrett. You know, Miss California last year?” She added, raising her eyebrow.

Chayse raised an eyebrow at the weird, snobby girl. No, she'd never heard of her and no, it wasn't just because she'd only been in the country for three days before ending up here. Chayse really couldn't care less about Miss Whatever-State.

She took in a deep, calming breath before slowly letting it out. There was no need to get annoyed with these people. They were in a similar position to Chayse, after all. They were all feeling stressed about the situation and fighting amongst themselves wouldn't solve anything.

... Has it been five minutes yet...? What in the hey were they supposed to be waiting here for?

Elentiya groans as she opens her eyes. She is laying on a bed that was not her own. There is a beeping noise that makes her frown. She pulls the pillow over her head, turning over onto her side to attempt to fall back asleep.

"Elentiya Locke. Age: 16. Height: four feet and eleven inches. Weight: 97 pounds. Eye color: light blue. Hair color: platinum blonde. Hello, Elentiya. I am your AI Assisstant, Kitra. If you require my assisstance, just say or think a command. Now, please go to the courtyard. You have two minutes before being reported late."

Two... minutes?! She flings the pillow back, rolling out of the strange bed. Not bothering to fix her hair or look around, the small teenager darts out of the room. Following signs, she bursts into the courtyard to find it already full of other teenagers.

"I'm here!" she cries, her Irish accent peeking through. "I'm not late! I'm here!" She jogs toward the other gathered teens.

-Selena Sparks-

Selena looks up as a flustered looking girl bursts into the courtyard. She smiles. “You make it sound like we’re going to school,” Selena mused. She sighed. What she wouldn’t give to be in school right now, instead of here. “I’m Selena, and this is NAte,” she said pointing to the grinning boy next to her. She gestured next to Chayse, “That’s...well she hasn’t introduced herself yet, and those two lovely people are Nick and Kaitlin,” she finished, sighing. Selena smiled at Chayse, hoping she would introduce herself.

-Nathaniel-

Nate grinned at the newcomer. “Now I wonder what is supposed to happen,” he said, “when it’s been five minutes.”

He got his answer then. The fountain suddenly drained, and a large projection like their AI’s came from the top of the fountain. “Welcome, teens. You may be wondering “where am I?” Or “why am I here?”. I would tell you that those questions will all be answered in good time, but they won’t. Just have faith that you, along with your compatriots have been brought here for a very good reason,” the AI began. “You are free to do what you wish, this place is yours to explore. Expect to hear more from us soon. Goodbye”

Elentiya smiles to the others before standing on the tips of her toes to attempt to see the projection. Her smile soon falters slightly. "So we aren't going to find out why we are here?"

She is quiet for a moment before giggling and jumping from foot to foot. "This is so cool! No parent supervision and we get to do whatever we want!" She sticks her arms out, twirling on a foot in a circle. "Imagine all the fun we can have! Without anyone telling us what to do!" The small girl shrieks happily.

She immediately starts looking around, skipping to different things to inspect. Overall... like a kid in a candy shop. Her eyes sparkle and she takes in her surroundings with a childish wonder.

Nick-

Nick rolled his eyes at the new girl, who was running about like a chicken with its head cut off. He just wanted food. He glanced at Selena and Nate, who seemed to be the most put together. “Where do you suppose we get food?” He asked, looking around. Nick sighed. Why couldn’t there be a sign on a door that said “get food here”?

Kaitlin-

Kaitlin crossed her arms, picking at her nails. She let out a slow growl of frustration. “Listen, I need to get out of here. I can’t miss the competition,” she said, tears pricking the back of her eyes. And she was hungry. And cold. And tired. She pointed a finger at Elentiya. “Stop running around, dammit, and help us,” she hissed. God, everyone here was stupid.

Elentiya freezes, watching this girl with wide eyes. The girl was pretty, very pretty, but seemed... angry? Scared? Elie's eyes watch the girl with innocent eyes.

"Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." She hangs her head and stops looking around. She fidgets with her hands and she stands in one spot, staying still. Her hyperactivity screams at her to move. To do something.

She tries to look calm, like these other people. They aren't running around, curious about every little thing. No, they are sitting down calmly, talking with one another, even though they may be scared. She should be like them. Calm.

She bites her lip as she fidgets with her hands, looking at all the unexplored places around them. "What do we do now?" She asks, trying to distract her mind and - what was it the pretty girl said? - help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back