• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kio.exe

Road work ahead? Uh, I sure hope it does...
I’ve had this idea for a while, and have wanted to make it an RP since, but didn’t know if anyone would be interested. Here is the prompt I have so far:

It’s the year 2200, and as one would expect, advances in technology have been amazing. AI, like never experienced, cures for thousands of diseases. Tools, weapons and inventions beyond your wildest dreams. It seems that science has figure everything out, except for one thing. The human psyche. What drives human desire? Why do we make the choices we do? The scientists are frustrated with their lack of knowledge on the subject, and build an underground facility, kidnapping teens between the ages of 16 and 19, throwing them in their with no adult supervision to watch them. The only contact with the outside world they have is the personal AI assistant each teen has installed in their rooms and brains. Does chaos fall over the facility? Do they work together to try to escape?

That’s all I have for a tentative prompt. I was thinking it would be cool to have some people be the scientists, monitoring the teens over camera, and maybe later in the story have them all come in contact with one another. I was also thinking of having the scientists do genetic modifications on the teens, but to have it go wrongs so they develop powers, but that would depend on what everyone participating would want. Otherwise, this is pretty much a sandbox world and would be up to everyone to build it.

Let me know if you’re interested, or have any pointers or suggestions!

Hello again! XD

This sounds interesting! Totally random question: does sustenance just appear out of a hole in the floor that can be replaced so it's either the smooth floor or a table? I saw that kind of thing in a documentary; apparently someone actually did it ages ago, so why not in the future too? XD

I was thinking of having the food be stocked and having them cook for themselves, but that also would be interesting. It might add to the whole scientists having a part of this and mystery on the teen’s behalf. I could do either, really.

Lol I was just trying to think of a way for food to get to them without running the risk of any of the teens seeing the scientists and possibly attacking. XP

Yeah, that would be problematic. So like I said, we could have food delivered to them through the system you suggested, or just have food stocked and have the teens cook.

I was kind of running on the assumption that this was a long-term experiment, leading to the possibility of the "subjects" running out of food. The floor/table device seemed a reasonable solution to the problem. Not that you need to use it, of course! This is your RP and I'm just making a possible suggestion.

I do like that idea. Another part of the experiment could be having each person’s food be different? Like maybe personalized to their own nutritious needs? Or maybe even give some people all delcious, good food, and some people awful food and see how they react. Your idea does give more room for that aspect as well.

It could just be a restocking system for ingredients without the risk of interaction. However you want to do it. Like I said, it's your RP to run how you like! ^_^

Awesome! I do like your idea. I’d also not like to be the one who runs the RP completely, I’d like everyone who is participating to be able to make decisions as long as everyone also agrees. I’m open to any other suggestions as well or ideas!

WE’RE UP AND RUNNING! If you’re interested in joining here’s the link! My characters are up, I just have to make a post!

WE’RE UP AND RUNNING! If you’re interested in joining here’s the link! My characters are up, I just have to make a post!

... Where do I make my character...? *panic*

We are about to move past the opening part, where the characters first meet, so if you want to join, it would be beneficial to do so now. If you’re still thinking, it’s completely fine, you’d just have to find a part to put your characters in! : )

Bump, and I’m about to start the transition, so last call! If you can’t get a bio up right away just tell me here and I’ll wait! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back