• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Under The Lights

OOC
Here
winston-13-reasons-why-1567010431.png

Tomas Hugo

The one to go after him was the girl who Umi called "Hennifer." Tomas didn't know her all that well, so he had no idea what her lie was. After her it was Umi's turn. Umi's answer was right, but he was low key offended that she said it was because of his age as opposed to him being absolutely shit at competitive Pokemon. It was also mixed with a feeling of embarrassment, since he realized his math was so off. Before he could verbally confirm it though, Henny had a retort for something Umi had said. This started an exchange between the two, which caused an already exhausted Tomas to sink down into his seat. The back-and-forth between the two seemed to go in one ear and out the other for him until the facilitator put a stop to it. He figured that vent sesh he was supposed to have with Umi was overdue.

After the little spat, it was time for the new kid to go, the one who Lewis was chatting up before. Now that he got a better look at him, Tomas had to admit that he was pretty cute. Maybe he'd chat up Lewis after as well, and see if he couldn't get to know the guy a bit as well. Of course, knowing nothing about him, Tomas had zero idea which one his lie was.

Following up after him was another girl he didn't quite know. She introduced herself as Evelyn, and one of her truths (or her lie), was that she could speak fluent French. Tomas was about to open his mouth to speak some French of his own, though his starved brain seemed to not react fast enough, and the next person was already going. Maybe it was for the best though. He knew some French from talking to his mom at home, but in all honesty he wouldn't consider himself as good as fluent.

After Evelyn it was Ahlivia's turn. Tomas simply gave her a smile as she spoke, and was pretty sure he knew which fact of hers was the lie. He figured he'd let someone else take a guess though, as it wouldn't be as fun or fair if he did.

It seemed this group may be a pretty awkward one to be in, as the next person mentioned her ex being in the session. If he was worried he may make it hard for his roommate to speak about certain things because he was there, he couldn't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to have an ex in the room when you're supposed to spill your heart out. Thankfully he wasn't in that girl's situaton.

But he did find himself in an embarrassing situation of his own once his roommate started talking. He'd been too busy struggling to stay awake to notice the guy had sat himself down next to him, but when the rambling started the secondhand embarrassment started to flare up. Not knowing Monet's Water Lillies was probably the biggest offense, but saying that everyone was potentially really lame was probably worse. The secondhand embarrassment turned firsthand though, when the guy started talking about how his name was unfitting for him and more fit for Tomas, calling him attractive and even touching his face to exemplify his "baby soft skin." Right. Sure his face was decent, but Tomas was definitely not attractive, especially not enough to rock a name like Adonis. He thought the embarrassment was over when Doni moved on to his academy and two truths and lie, but it seemed not, as after making a plug for his club he went on to accidentally give three truths, and followed up with a proclaimed lie.

After a moment of silence, Tomas spoke up, saying, "well, I overheard you singing Baby One More Time and you definitely messed up the bridge, so actually that was the lie."

Following up Doni was Lewis, whose introduction was fairly low key as compared to the one before. He was fairly certain the other's lie was being in a commercial, as they had talked about his previous acting gigs when Tomas first found out he was in the acting program. He didn't remember Lewis mentioning anything like that, but then again it could have just slipped his mind or never really come up in conversation. Still, he figured he'd take a stab at it. "Is it the second one?"

And finishing up was Lukas, the guy he didn't get a chance to have a conversation with before the facilitators joined. Lukas had a bit of sass to throw at most people, fixating especially on Nick and Angeli. The reason for Angeli made sense, but he didn't quite understand the jab at Nick until towards the end of the guy's speech. He even threw out some tips for Umi and Henni to get along before snarkily answering the ice breaker. He knew the lie, and fgured everyone else did as well, and didn't think the woman running this would be all too happy to hear it reiterated.

Tomas then turned to Cassell, waiting for her to continue on with the session. If there was anything to be said about this crowd it was that they definitely won't let the meetings be boring...

Wormy Wormy NightMovez NightMovez

GM Post
As the students spoke she would make notes here and there. Not really deep into their psychological profile, but more into them as a person. It would help her keep an eye out for abnormalities in people's behavior and help her keep track of who's who. She wasn't sure exactly which lie was which every time, but she was curious about how many people mentioned their accomplishments. Was she like that when she attended Labissiere?

She made especial note about the girls who were arguing, interested to digging deeper there. She would continue to listen to the students until Lukas finished and she chuckled a bit at his responses. Lukas was probably going to be a lightning rod for a lot of issues, so she made sure she would keep tabs on him.

She tapped the pen against her jaw,"Almost Mr. Brinson. I guess i'll officially do it myself. I am Lauryn Cassell, Graduated Labissiere from the Psychology Academy in 2014. Graduated summa cum laude from Spelman College in 2018 with a BA in psychology. I'm at Emory now. Two truths and a lie are my boyfriend is Denzel Washington's son, my friends call me Kirby because I can blow..aka sing and I graduated Labissiere with a 4.5 GPA. I want all of you to check your school emails, I'm sending out a schedule. It will also have my office number if you need me. I want you all to write a journal after every session. You all are good for today, look forward to seeing you next week and enjoy the game."

She took a long breath facing back down towards her clipboard and writing a few more notes.

Ahlivia Morreno
182308a799c990500aa845a106cf79bd.jpg

As she listened to the rest of the group talk, Ahlivia was going over what she was going to do for the festival and pep rally. She was supposed to be doing one of her dances, but at the same time helping her team stream the event. It was important to make sure everything was going smoothly, tech-wise, so everyone could do what they needed and wanted to do with no distractions. It was definitely possible for her to do both, her routine taking a max of 5 minutes. Her team could definitely take care of it, but because she was scared of how she would look up on stage, she was trying to find any kind of reason not to go on. But, if she wanted to be recognized for her routines, she needed to go up there. It was important that she did so or she would just stay living in fear of the spotlight. Everyone was splitting apart, talking to their friends and what not leaving Ahlivia alone to figure out her next move before classes. She made a mental note to talk to Doni, considering he was talking to her earlier and she didn't get a chance to respond. Her senses were being overridden and it slipped her mind. But before she did that, she needed to talk to Umi.

The beef between her best friend and Jenni was, in her opinion, unnecessary. The back and forth during their session wasn't helping any either. Gathering her bag and making sure she had her essentials, keys, phone, wallet, she found her way over to Umi and crossed her arms. She had a slight frown on her face, but she knew she couldn't be mad at her for too much longer. "Umi Dacus. You just had to go head to head with Jen, didn't you? Couldn't help yourself until the end of the session? Making everyone there uncomfortable." She pinched her friends arm and sighed, a smile creeping onto her face. "Just a damn trouble maker, aren't you?"

Umi Dacus
boku wa kimi no koto ga sukidakara

She hadn't really paid attention to the rest of the meeting or class, whatever the proper term was for these sessions she had spent the two school years before apart of. They were usually mundane, though there were always exceptions especially after huge drama. Yet, she knew this one would be different. She was forced to be mere feet from her current enemy.

She fired off a few tweets during class, but for the most part kept to herself. She picked up where she left off on The Promised Neverland on her phone, but before she knew it the class was over. She knew her best friend was in there, but had become so disconnected from her surroundings that when she called her name she jumped a bit.

She glanced at her then looked away and smiled,"She started it." No. Jennifer did not start it in this situation. Umi didn't need to make those unnecessary comments, but she couldn't help herself. "Don't cap, you weren't uncomfortable," she told her gently before shaking her had and grabbing her arm,"Come with me and have some tea before I have to clock in. Trouble make here needs to calm down."

code by fudgecakez

Angeli Villanueva & Lukas Brinson
541501.jpg
Although finding Lukas in her group session had been displeasing, Angeli hadn't expected his voice to be like nails to a chalkboard. She'd nearly forgotten how much contempt she had for the sharp-tongued boy. His comments had struck her as unnecessary - at least in the way he'd said it, but before she could retort, others began to chat and Cassell wrapped up the session. The culmination of emotions and having to hold her tongue caused her eye to twitch briefly before she pulled herself together and packed her things in a haste.

A mental war of better judgment took place in milliseconds, one side telling her to leave the issue alone and the other telling her it wasn't over until the fat lady sang - and she didn't see any fat ladies. The force behind the latter proved stronger and she found herself jogging to catch up to Lukas. She made a swift move in front of him and an index finger jabbed him in the stomach. "How dare you." Ideally she'd be poking him in the chest as she peered up with fire in her eyes, but the height difference was more than considerable. "How dare you make it sound like I did something to you. If anything, having to see you is my nightmare."

With overlapping academic tracks, the two had seen each other frequently, but mostly in passing. So, naturally, flashbacks of their relationship had occurred when she finally stopped and sat across from him: the good, bad, ugly, and uglier; joy and pain. Plenty of pain. And his smart aleck remarks had only settled those emotions in the way that Mentos settled Coke.

Maybe it was a bit too presumptuous to assume that he could skate by, literally, with no trouble after the comments he made. Or perhaps presumptuous is the wrong word, and foolhardy would fit better. None of that mattered, because as soon as the session ended he was on his feet with his skates in his free hand. He was going to immediately hit that door without even a thought in the repercussions. Well, maybe he was leaving so quick to avoid his brother and ex.

He was sure he had escaped too once he had filtered through the crowd, but maybe it was his height that gave him away. It wasn't too long until he felt a very stiff finger pointed by a nail and he knew his escape had proven futile. He initially hadn't looked down at her as she spoke and looked off into the distance with a disinterested look.

When he was sure she was finished, which if he was being honest was never a guarantee, he turned his eyes down to her,"Are you done? Because the last time I checked, you broke up with me. So you can go play victim elsewhere, because I'm not interested."
39578069_458317097989438_8079700483054239744_n.jpg

"Oh, is the king of apathy implying that he actually cared about something?" Angeli rolled her eyes. "Being with you was like dating a rock. Nothing phases you unless it's inconvenient." She paused for a moment, her eyes looking off to the floor as her brain finally caught up with her mouth and took what he said into consideration. Maybe he did have feelings, but she couldn't seem to remember him being much more than indifferent. It was all a little fuzzy now. "Besides," she started, eyes looking back to him, "I only left because you're a liar."

"Oh, most girls would be happy if their beau was hard as a rock. Makes sense we never worked. " he mentioned a bit more callously than he intended. He turned his attention back off into the distance, hoping to find an opening. When he thought he did, he didn't take it because she had called him a liar,"You left because you're loca. Did I get that right? Eres una cubana loca."

"Crazy? ...Crazy?" Angeli shouted incredulously. "Maybe I am crazy for caring about more than your-- Y'know what? Never mind. It's over. I'm done. So done." She threw her hands up and turned to leave. Her index and middle fingers moved to rub her temples as she felt the pressure of a headache coming on. She didn't think he could still get her this riled up, but apparently so. If she was going to make it through the year, she'd really have to work on ignoring him, holding her tongue, and focusing elsewhere. She had far more important things to worry about, like finishing her senior year strong.
Collaboration w/ AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami

Jennifer Scott 18a55ed2faef6a0ac0bd4846c626e09c.jpg

Jennifer spent the rest of the meeting fuming. How dare that she-devil pick an argument in front of the group in order to make her look bad. Jennifer had half a mind to confront her once again later but there are more important things to worry about. Like perfecting her performances and finishing up some details for the festival. If Umi wasn't going to provide her with any real help she might as well do it herself. She zoned out and began blocking routines in her head, occasionally listening to the others.

She raised an eyebrow when she heard the girl named Angeli mention that she dated someone in the room. "This sounds interesting," Jennifer thought to herself as she sat up waiting to see some drama unfold. She wasn't a messy person but when it came for drama, Jennifer lowkey lived for it. She was shocked to find out that the Lukas guy was the ex. "I did not expect that," Jennifer thought. She rolled her eyes when he began to give his introduction and mentioned the little argument between her and Umi. "I am not stubborn. You try working with her. It's like talking to a brick wall," Jennifer frowned as she responded to him in her head.

Jennifer zoned out for the rest of the meeting and came to once it was over. She gathered her things quickly and began to leave. She saw Ahlivia go over to Umi and from what it looked like she was giving her hell. "Good she needs a handler," Jennifer thought to herself and left the room. As she was headed to the door if the building she overheard a conversation between Angeli and Lukas. She didn't stay long but from what she put together their relationship did not end on good terms. Jennifer left the building and began her walk to the dance studio in order to practice her dances for the festival, she hoped her partner would be on time today. Then she would have to help teach a class and hopefully, if her schedule allows, she can practice her song before her meeting, or else it was gonna be another long night.

(Mentions AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami Aato Aato Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess )

Jennifer Scott 32F782F5-3D0A-48A9-97DD-205F5C8D5D6C.jpeg
Being a few days late to the start of school wasn't a huge deal to her, but it would have been nice to start on time just to get used to it. She hadn't actually sat in a class since middle school so the concept was extremely foreign to her. The administration thought it was best though as she could have been seen as a distraction, so perhaps the show she just finished in New York was good timing.

There was a bit of a huff that escaped her lips as she made her way through the crowds of students. Well, it was more like they parted ways for her as if she was Moses as they whispered about her. It would be an adjustment for everyone, but they'd get used to it. She needed to find the dance studio so she could wait for Jennifer...Jennifer... she couldn't remember her last name, but the administration thought it important to meet her since she was helping run the festival, and well, Gabby would be helping from now on.

So she smiled when she found the studio and found a seat in the back, waiting. They said she'd be here after her group session, though admittedly she had arrived a bit early.

Jennifer finished her walk to the dance studio and walked into one of the dressing rooms. She changed into some dancewear and her jazz shoes, and tied her hair up into a ponytail and walked into the studio. Jennifer walked out of the dressing room and began to walk into the studio. She put her bag in the corner and hooked her phone up to the sound system. She looked into the mirror and began to stretch when she saw someone sitting in the room. "..Shoot," Jennifer said as she was surprised. "Hi?" Jennifer said confused. "Do you need anything?" Jennifer asked not really seeing the girl.

Gabby watched when the woman entered the room, and disappeared into the dressing room. She rose a brow a bit checking her phone to see the image of the girl she was looking for nodding her head when she was sure it was the same one. When she walked back into the studio Gabby crossed her legs resting her hands on top of each other, on her knee. She wanted to see how long before she noticed she was there and thankfully that wasn't terribly too long, "Hi, yes. Um, I'm looking for Jennifer? I need to speak to her about the festival."

Jennifer nodded and walked over to her. "I'm Jennifer," She said to her a bit confused. "What is this about the festival?" Jenifer asked as she picked up her phone

"Hi, I'm Gabriella. I'm assigned to help with the festival and its performances," she told her gently with a bright smile," Also, I'm the headliner."

Jennifer raised an eyebrow. "Headliner," She said confused. "I wasn't informed of a headliner yet but okay," Jennifer shrugged. "Welcome to the committee..we have meetings twice a week. I do believe there is one tonight or I could be totally wrong. There are set practice times and we are two weeks away from tech so I hope that your performance-ready by then," Jennifer said to her in a professional tone. "I'm sorry but you look very familiar," Jennifer said to her'

She stared at her as she spoke, watching her movements, "Twice a week. Here? Or..." she uncrossed her legs and chuckled when she said that she hoped she'd be performance-ready by then. She took her shades off and nibbled on the end of one of the legs and shrugged her shoulders when she said she looked familiar," I always get that I look like some famous singer. I forget her name..."

"No, our meetings are in the main auditorium. Until the stage gets put up on the quad," Jennifer said as she checked her phone quickly. Jennifer nodded, "Some people have those faces," Jennifer laughed then she took a good look at her and gasped. "Oh my god. Ur H.E.R," Jennifer said amazed. "What are you doing here?" Jennifer asked confused. "Don't get me wrong. It's a good school but like your already amazing and famous?"

"Oh my god, it's me," she repeated her with a chuckle before offering a bright smile, "I'm here because I want some semblance of a normal life, and Labissiere is about as close to that as I can get, right?" She got to her feet and looked at the woman before her, "I've heard a lot about you Jennifer, your friend Kasumi too."

Jennifer smiled back at her. "That makes sense I guess," Jennifer giggled. "I guess after a while being in the spotlight can get annoying," Jennifer immediately stopped smiling when she mentioned Umi. "I'm glad to hear that you've heard a lot about me. I hope all the amazing things. Also just a quick note Katsumi and I..yeah, not friends. Fully warning, she's incredibly stubborn and difficult to work with," She said to her. "So if you have any cool and new ideas for your performance it's not even worth bringing them up to her since she opposed to originality," Jennifer said annoyed.

"Oh? Not friends?" she questioned placing her finger to her lip in a bit of puzzled look before chuckling, "I wonder what she'd say about you. Have you actually looked at her work? I've done my research on both of you. Doesn't matter though." She let out a chuckle sliding her shades back on. She looked her over and clasped her hands together, "You're both going to listen to me."

Jennifer raised an eyebrow when she heard her last comment and laughed awkwardly. "Haha cute diva act," Jennifer said to her unamused. She was not prepared to handle another diva, especially when not when having to put together, run, and perform in a festival.

She moved towards the door and stopped short, but didn't bother looking back. Using her middle finger she slid her shades up and let out a sigh, "You asked why am I at Labissiere if I'm already famous. What does Labissiere have to offer me that I could get elsewhere? Find that answer and you'll understand why no matter what you do, I'm going to have my way. I look forward to working with you. Paalam." and with that, she exited the room.

Jennifer rolled her eyes. “I hate her,” Jennifer said annoyed. “There is no way she is taking that spotlight,” She stated as she began thinking of a way to get rid of her. She began stretching and went back to her practicing.

(Collab w/ AkuTheWolfOkami AkuTheWolfOkami )

Ahlivia Morreno
182308a799c990500aa845a106cf79bd.jpg

"It doesn't matter if I was uncomfortable, everyone else was." She said, shaking her head and pinching her nose. "And she started it? What are you, five? You know you started it." Umi was one of the first friends she made here and probably the only real one she had. Not to mention, she was the girl she was comfortable giving her opinions to. Granted, there were times if they were having disagreements or some she would back down, but Umi was giving her more confidence every day. While Kasumi taught her something new, Ahlivia wanted to repay the favor and teach her about patience and being nicer to people she had disagreements with. "We need to get you in a conflict resolution class, learning how to channel your mean ass energy into nicer energy.." She stated, placing her hands on her hips. There was something she needed to ask her and Lukas, but the latter was busy with something at the moment so she'd have to ask him later. "Anyway, queen of petty squabbles, I need you to review one of my routines and give me honest critique and feedback. I'm going to get Lukas to do the same since I know both of you have differing opinions but also won't lie to me." She stated, linking her arm with her friends as she was pulled away for tea. "Yes, something hot to cool down a hothead." She joked before taking out her phone. "Enough about Jen and how you basically want to ruin her life and on about the festival! How's everything going on your end?"

GM POST
The day had gone by and Friday saw a suspension of classes in lieu of a sort of free day to get the students ready for the upcoming football game that night, and the festival on the horizon. The campus seemed to be electric, having the aura of an actual college campus with the amount of alumni, parents, scouts, and the fact the game was going to be broadcast on ESPN. The campus was electric and filled with people everywhere and you couldn't swing an arm without hitting someone.

The trade off for the suspension of classes for the day was that students were required to attend the pep rally. They were gathered in the Basketball Arena (which was huge and sat up to 17000 people) with a DJ spinning music as the students were getting settled. At the center of the basketball court sat a table with the four captains of the football team, one of them being Lukas Brinson, and Coach Edelman was also there. At a podium stood Dr. ter Stegen and Dr. Johnson at his side as they spoke to each other. In a few minutes all of the students would be gathered and they would begin the pep rally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back