• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Under The Lights - High School rp with a plot

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness
UTL_4x6_generic.jpg
Under The Lights

It's a lifestyle. It's every day crafting your art so that it is perfection. It's no corners cut, measuring twice and cutting once. It's blood, sweat, tears. It's preparing for when you step, under the lights.

Labissiere Academy is a private school with infinite resources started by billionaire french businessman Adrian Labissiere in 2010. It was started when his eldest daughter was making it known that her plans were to go to University in America, and he wanted to send her younger sibling there to be close. He found that the education system, in even the private schools, to be lacking. So he did what billionaires do. He built a state of the art school.

Over the years the school developed into a powerhouse, but not in the way that the businessman predicted. No. It had become the premiere high school in the nation for athletics and performing arts. Each one of their sports programs had won a (or multiple) state championship in the last few years. From football to track and field. You could also see alumni from their performing arts programs in movies, on the radio, and everywhere else in the industry. With state of the art facilities, on campus dorms included in tuition, and top teachers the school was a breeding ground for success. For those who could not afford the steep tuition bill, there were scholarship programs and work-studies to pay it off.

The school would sound like heaven to anyone looking to make it, but it's not easy. The school's core curriculum was rigorous, practices felt ten times harder, and success was expected. There was no failure allowed at the school. Anxiety and depression ran rampant among the students, despite the on-site counseling and therapy available 24/7. The pressure was always on, especially when you stepped under the lights.
-------------------------------

Hi, I know if you're here you're interested in the plot. As mentioned above, the school puts a lot of pressure on their students to succeed. Though the school is known for its performing arts and sports, it is still a very rigorous academics program.

With that being said, barring religious exemption, there is a mandatory weekly 'therapy' class where students come together and talk about their issues. Though it is mandatory to attend, it is not mandatory to speak. The plot will center around a group of students who attend the same class and the drama that comes with them having a group session.

I will be causing issues to surface that your characters will be asked about in their session. The hope is to stir the pot and cause people to clash and ally together.

I hope to see some interest!

Tagging : fin fin Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Aster Sapphire Aster Sapphire SweetSublime SweetSublime

Hey I’m new on the sight and I’m looking for a good rp and this sounds really cool! And I have a good character in mind

Can I play a character who runs a homework black market?
That seems really out of left field lol, but I don't see why not. I'd assume at a school with such high pressure as this one, there'd be a market for it. I like the idea in all honesty. It places a higher value on the 'book smart' people who go under the radar because of other programs at the school

Definitely interested as well. Can't wait to see what happens!!!!

In case I forgot to tag you, or anyone who comes later. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey if anyone is looking to have their character have a younger brother who also attends the school let me know! Maybe we can work something out!

Hey if anyone is looking to have their character have a younger brother who also attends the school let me know! Maybe we can work something out!
Just seeing this, I'm going to PM you to see what ideas you have.

Also, I get to bump the thread in the process so win win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back