• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Under The Lights Characters

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness
Hi, I know most of us are used to pretty setups with BBCode+ and all that, but since that's gone and I don't have a template on hand, this is going to be basic.
I could code it, I guess, but I code for a living so I rather not.

Anyways, let me get to the rp.

First I'll start with some rules.
1. Follow RpN rules. Goes without saying.
2. I don't want this HUGE participant wise, as such it's not first come first serve, and I apologize ahead of time if I end up saying no. I don't think I will, but in case I do.
3. You will get to have more characters later, for now just post one.
4. There are no roles, but I demand character diversity in every way you can think. If two characters are too similar, then I will pick one and reject the other.
5. I will create a discord for those who are accepted to better plot this out. If that's not your thing, there will still be an OoC and my PMs are always open. I will also create a google sheet, that will contain all of this information about the school.
6. I will have a PC(s), but will be mainly playing NPC roles to enure plot progress.
7. I am willing to work with all skill levels, however, there is a certain expectation I have for CS and posts. I will handle this as they come, possibly including deletion of post/cs, but will reach out to you and we can work through and fix it.

I think that's it for now.

Now for what I'm looking for in a character sheet. Please display this how you please.

Character Sheet
Name
Gender Identity
faceclaim (realistic and asking so we don't accidentally repeat claims) ** please have them believable for the age you're choosing
Academic Program
Workstudy (if applicable..can be music assistant or can be like barista in school's cafe)
Sport(s) (if applicable)
Clubs (required to participate in one club, optional for seniors)
Classification (Freshman (grade 9) , Sophomore (grade 10), Junior (grade 11), Senior (grade 11) )
Persona (how they present themselves )
Flaws/Weaknesses
Strengths
Appearance (in written words)
History (doesn't have to be exciting and try to focus on pieces that make them who they are)
Why Labissiere Academy?

I'll set the deadline for 7 days from now. I will ,however, start the plotting and things with those who post early and get accepted.
Labissiere Academy is located in Rome, Georgia United States
Academic Programs Available
Academia

STEM General Studies (focuses on several STEM intro courses)
Nursing
Engineering
Medical
Gen Science
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics
Marketing/Business
Kinesiology
Computer Science/Software Development
IT
History
Sociology
English
Psychology

Performing Arts
Ballet
Dance (classic and contemporary)
Theatre
Music
Opera
Film
Acting
Spoken Word

Art Programs
Visual Arts (General)
Painting
Sculpture
Poetry
Graphic Design

Note*** When it comes to scheduling, different classifications may end up the same classes more often than a typical high school.
Note****Seniors fill their last two blocks/periods of the day with their academic specialization EVERYDAY. This might include interning, workstudy, or a CAPSTONE project.
Note***** Because of scheduling the "group session" class will more than likely feature multiple classifications. Once a week, and the other days during this slot are replaced with 'extra' study. Whether it's working out for athletes, extra rehearsal, etc.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions.

(tagging those from the interest thread: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess fin fin lilbean lilbean Jel.XP Jel.XP OrWangatan OrWangatan Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Random_Potato Random_Potato N-onymous N-onymous Timv9 Timv9 Webs Elk Webs Elk AlexandraRoseLeclerc AlexandraRoseLeclerc )

Last edited:
Umi Dacus.

basics.
Name : Kasumi Shayla Dacus
Nicknames : Umi, Kaz (endearingly), KayDee
Birthday : Oct 16
Classification : Junior
Gender Identity : CIS Woman/Female (She/Her)
Sport : Soccer (Striking RW Benchwarmer)
Academic Program : Music (on scholarship)
Workstudy : Cafe Barista
Clubs : Film, Anime

visage.
Face : UMI
Height : 5'6", 167cm
Weight : 110 lbs, 49kg
Body Type : Ectomorph
Hair : Dark brown/ usually curly
Eyes : Dark Brown
Style : Whatever she feels, but usually daring
persona.
- positive traits :
Kind
: Umi tends to spread love to everything she sees. She is very affectionate and will let you know how much she loves you..even if you are a stranger.
Analytical : She observes everything down to the right detail and has the ability to come up with a plan to address what she observed.
Persevering : Umi tends to be able to be resilient and last through trying times to complete her goals.
- negative traits :
Envious
: Umi tends to show resentment towards person(s) who have something that she may want. Whether it be popularity, money, or a guy- a spring of irrationality tends to creep up.
Dismissive : The irony that comes with this trait is that she hated to be dismissed, but she tends to do it to people who she doesn't feel worthy of her time, often coming off as apathetic and standoffish.
Overnalytical : One of her strengths all leads to one of her weaknesses. Kasumi has a habit of over analyzing which leads to overthinking, which plays on her insecurities. Sometimes she puts 2 +2 together and gets 4.02023. Close, but not exactly right.
- likes : Plushies, Oranges, Surfing, Luge, In-line skating, Knitting, Sowing, Flowers, Music, Anime/Manga, Soccer
- dislikes : Beetles, Jellyfish, Scorpions, Bears, Long lines, Loud people
Why Labissiere: "I kind of wanted to just get as far away from Oakland as possible. I don't even know if I'm good enough at music to really be here, but they give me a scholarship...so we will see."
archive.
History : Perhaps she expected a little too much growing up, but it was what her friends had so she figured it was normal. Yet somehow her house was always empty. Her mother and father met when they were in university at UC Berkeley. Her father was a first generation Jamaican American who had gotten to Cal on an academic scholarship. He was a Microbial Biology and Biomolecular Engineering double major working his hardest to stay afloat and keep his scholarship. Her mother was a Japanese student studying Chemistry, working towards her PhD. They conceived Umi during this time and her birth led to frustrations and arguments.

Despite this, the couple still pushed through with their educations. When he finished his undergrad program he move straight to pursue his PhD in Biomolecular engineering, and all of this was at the expense of Umi. She grew up in a house that seemed to busy to actually parent besides the bare minimum. That and being students didn't pay a lot, they tended to work part time jobs leaving very limited time with their daughter. Though sometimes she did get to spend time with her parents as they walked through their experiments or wrote their reports. They also helped her with her homework when she was in kindergarten, but when they both graduated their parenting was non existent. They both had gotten really rigorous jobs in their fields which required north of 60 hours a week.

Even when her parents were around they felt like they weren't. They never cooked and would order take-out when they remembered to feed their child, leaving Kasumi to have to fix her own meals or go to her grandmother's (where she learned Jamaican cuisine). This always bothered her so she would stay in her room eating chips and writing music. With the help of youtube she learned to play the guitar and compose music, joining her middle school's band where she always learned how to play the flute, clarinet, piano, and saxophone. She often spent her free time lying in fields of flowers, surfing, skating or sometimes even luging.

In middle school, things seemed to have changed. She figured with their promotions and more money she'd have her parents around more, but this ended up being false and only got worse. She ended up basically raising her younger sisters. It was when she had do a project on her heritage that things got worse. She never noticed it before until she reached out for her project, but her Japanese family never fully accepted her. Nothing she did pleased them. She could speak Japanese fluidly, she could cook many of their dishes, observe many of the customs, but it wasn't enough. She was always seen as other. Her Jamaican family was no better when her granny passed, and she felt like she didn't belong anywhere. She had parents who were never around and family that didn't accept her. Her only escape seemed to be music.

So when she saw an article for Labissiere Academy, a school on the otherside of the country she hopped on that chance and immediately sent in an audition tape. She didn't know how she was going to pay for it, but she just hoped for the best. When they responded with not only acceptance, but a scholarship offer she jumped for joy! It caught her parents off-guard, but she was sure they were partly relieved. The school covered food and other living expenses in their tuition.

So she moved across the country, only coming home when she was forced to when the school was closed for holidays or breaks. Her first couple of years went by and on the way she had started working on putting her music on soundcloud while participating in the school's marching band. She picked up a workstudy along the way, and has been loving her newfound life at Labissiere.

coded by incandescent

Last edited:
Jennifer Monae Scott
Nickname: Jenni

Birthdate: April 6th

Gender Identity: Cis-Female

Race: Puerto Rican and Black

Classification: Sophmore

Faceclaim:
18a55ed2faef6a0ac0bd4846c626e09c.jpg

Appearance: Her hair is longer than it is in the picture. Jennifer is 5ft 4in and weighs around 125lbs. She has a curvy yet athletic build due to her years of dancing. She has dark brown eyes and freckles. She has very soft features and a natural pouty face. Jennifer's style can be described as very chic and dramatic. She is normally seen in lighter and brighter colors but sticks with a nice dark pair of pants.

Academic Program: Music, Dance, and Acting

Workstudy: Works as a student choreographer

Clubs: Member of the dance team, choir, and musical theatre group

Persona: To a stranger, Jennifer would seem cold and distant due to her resting face and she is at times. Jennifer is a very determined girl and extremely focused on what she is in school for. She has an air of confidence around her and remains unbothered and uninterested in drama and conflict. Between dance and vocal lessons, classes, workshops, and performances, She doesn't have time for trivial tasks like relationships. Jennifer is not the kind of person to expel any unnecessary emotional energy and is usually level headed. Jennifer has been dancing since she was 3 and has been singing since she could talk. Shes spent all of her life on a stage either in the spotlight or working behind the scenes.

To her friends and family, Jennifer is a very sweet and caring girl who is often misunderstood. She doesn't enjoy conflict and while she is very focused on her craft she enjoys watching her friends excel in their crafts. There isn't a moment when she is not encouraging her friends to do what they love. She is very honest and will not sugar coat things. If you're not reaching your full potential she will tell you and then proceed to help you get there. She gives everything she does her all and is continuously pushing herself to do better even if she tends to take things to far. She holds herself to a very high standard. On the inside, Jennifer is overly concerned about what others think about her. She has spent a good portion of her life dealing with criticism and has grown prone to thinking she isn't reaching her full potential. When she isn't stressing out about classes she is enjoying her free time writing music or posting videos online to get her name out there.

Flaws/Weaknesses: She pushes herself too far, Egotistical at times, Takes things to far, dramatic, Distant, Superiority complex, Doesn't really live in the now

Strengths: Determined, confident, caring, Wants everyone to reach their full potential, Kind, focused, always looking at the bigger picture

History: From a young age, Jennifer was forced into the spotlight. As a small child, her mother put her into dance classes and gave her piano and vocal lessons. Her parents were always working and believed in Jennifer being her very best and would always push her to work and grow and win. As a kid and teen, she danced competitively and had many first place wins under her belt with a few national titles. Her parents were very overbearing and incredibly hard on her. She had always felt pressured to be the best which is why she is so hard on herself now.

Jennifer was raised with a good life. Her parents were very successful and as long as Jennifer did what she needed to do she never had to want for anything. Aside from wanting her parents to pay more attention to her outside of her activities and schooling, Jennifer enjoyed her childhood. The most supportive person in her life is her grandmother. She is always reminding Jennifer to take it easy and to slow down and enjoy what is happening around her. No matter how Jennifer did in a competition or in a performance she was always proud of her.

Why Labissiere Academy?: Why not Labissiere Academy? Her goal for graduation is to attend Julliard or the Berkeley school of music, or if she is lucky she'll go right into the industry or on to Broadway. If she wants to achieve her dreams she needs to get the best start and this is where she needs to be. Her parents feel that this academy will set her up for the most success. Jennifer is willing to do whatever it takes to get her to the top and she wants to be surrounded by likeminded individuals who care about their crafts and strive to be successful.​

Last edited:
Yara-Shahidi-Harvard.jpg

Name
Ahlivia Morreno

Birth date
November 16th

Gender Identity
Female

Academic Program
IT & Ballet

Workstudy:
IT Analyst

Sport(s)
Tennis

Clubs:
President of Computer Nerds

Classification :
Junior

Persona:
[Positives]
Adaptable
Goofy
Outspoken

[Negatives]
Sensitive
Low-Esteem
Defensive

Flaws/Weaknesses
Bipolar Depression//Tends to hold on to the past//Trust Issues

Strengths
Smart//Detailed//Opinionated

History
Ahlivia's parents were both in the military, so she had already started life out rough. She was born in Japan on a military installation, making her American born. Her parents had to ship out a lot, she would stay with her grandparents who had moved wherever her parents did. Everything was fine until her birthday. To sum it all up, when she was 7 years old, she was sexually assaulted by her grandfather. From there, everything went downhill in terms of her interaction and relationships with men. It didn't effect her the same way it did most, drugs and alcohol and such. Instead she was riddled with anxiety and depression and the unhealthy practicing of holding in her emotions until she broke. It wasn't until she went away to the academy that she started seeing a therapist and getting her mind right again. Before it all happened, she was so bright and trusting of people, a true ball of energy and light. But even though the events during her 7th birthday happened, she never let that be the defining moment in her life. Instead, she shoved it deep down inside until she had convinced herself it was something that she imagined happening after a bad movie. Ahlivia was never the kind of person to be seen as the victim, even when she was sexually assaulted numerous times after that. To her, it gave them so much more power than she was going to ever allow. Her parents didn't know about this and she never intended to tell any of them about it. Once she got to Labissiere Academy, she had decided this was going to be her chance to change the awful things that had happened in her life.

Why Labissiere Academy?
Not only did the academy open doors for her in so many different ways, but she used this as an opportunity to start again.

Last edited:
Name
Evelyn Sawyer
Nickname(s)
Evie, Eve, Lynn
Birth date
3rd of June
Gender Identity
Cis Female
Faceclaim
2az.jpg
=====

Academic Program

Painting & Sculpture
Sport(s)
Track, Enjoys swimming but isn't on the team
Clubs
Film, Art, History
Classification
Junior
===
Persona

Evelyn is an artistic spirit, always sketching or doodling and trying to find the beauty in everything. This also contributes to her perfectionist attitude, everything has to be in place and usually nothing is good enough for her high standards, including her own work.. She isn’t a snob per se but usually knows exactly what she wants and will do what it takes to get it.
Her overall demeanor is a calm one which can come off as cold and unreadable to some people. She’s very strategic and her actions and words are usually planned out carefully in her head so she's always feels one step ahead of those she interacts with. She has confidence and charisma, skills she has honed after countless stuffy dinner parties and social events. This environment has made her quite competitive and mixing that with the high stakes of school can cause her to react in a cut throat way when under pressure and not back down from conflict.
After all that Evelyn is a teenager with just as much as a yearning for fun and love as anyone else her age. Friends are very important to her and after assessing whether she wants to let someone into her life a new friendlier, more affectionate, caring side will be revealed.
She’s a romantic at heart and that is expressed through her paintings, in the past her relationships haven't been very successful which is most likely down to her high standards and blind ambition . But it’s not just romantic feelings,any emotion is inspiration for work. Evelyn is fueled by her taste in movies, books and once she is in the zone it’s very hard to get her out. There are often times of creative drought but she tries to combat by filling her life with things she loves.

Flaws/Weaknesses
stubborn, can be cold, shortsighted, overly emotional, holds a grudge
Strengths
creative, ambitious,charismatic, confident, empathetic
Appearance
Evelyn is 5”7 with shoulder length brown hair, green eyes, a slim build and a regal air around her. Good posture with shoulders back and chin up after being scolded by her parents from a young age. Her style mostly consists of summer dresses and flowwy skirts but she can also be seen walking around with an apron on, covered in paint or clay.

History
Evelyn has life at her fingertips. Growing up in Manhattan with a wealthy family, old money on her mother’s side that came from the selling of art and fine materials, overtime this morphed into the curation of galleries across the world with her mother’s family settling down in France. For her college education she moved to New York and met James Sawyer, an american businessman who swept started from the bottom and ended up sweeping her off her feet. They settled down, becoming the perfect nuclear family. Evelyn’s older brother was born and then she was, at that point the marriage had turned sour but social pressures and family tradition kept the two together but sleeping in separate beds.

Evelyn’s upbringing was a loving but strict one, her creativity was encouraged by art tutors and trips to Paris and Italian countryside each summer. Painting, drawing, sculpting became the thing she was most passionate about in the world. Her mother encouraged her to follow this creative streak whether it led to greatness or a weekend hobby. In theory, Evelyn could spend her entire life living off the family fortune (which she almost definitely would) but her father who was more economically minded told her that truly be fulfilled in life she has to do something worthwhile, which in his opinion could not be achieved through the arts. That was her brother’s view as well, therefore he was her father’s pride and joy so there was a lot of resentment between the two who had never truly gotten along.

Why Labissiere Academy?
After hearing about the academy Evelyn was dying to go. All she wanted was a place away from home to cultivate her gifts, make a name for herself and prove to those around her that she could do it, including herself. She has enjoyed every year there so far, finding a new lease on life in this inspiring but admittedly high stakes environment.

Last edited:
Name:
Nick Wright
Birth date:
March, 15th
Gender Identity:
Cis Male
faceclaim:
cody-simpson-paradise-tour-585x3531.jpg

(Cody Simpson)
Academic Program:
Marketing/Business
Workstudy:
N/A
Sport(s):
Ice Hockey, baseball
Clubs:
Athletic Council
Classification:
Freshman
Persona:
Nick is a tough and honest kid. He does his best to be as upfront with people as possible and tries to be as honest as he possibly can. Nick is a hard worker, whether its in sports or school work or anything that he does, he always puts out the best effort that he can and is one of the hardest working people. Nick doesn't like to lose, so he always tries his best no matter what.

Sometimes he can let his emotions get the best of him, he will act without thinking because he is mad or upset. He can fly off the handle sometimes and snap at people. Overall though he is a nice, kind kid and tries to keep his emotions in check.

Nick is an incredible athlete especially when it comes to ice hockey. He is ranked as the number 1 prospect for his age group in all of North America, because of that he feels a lot of pressure on his shoulders. Its a lot for a fourteen year old to handle. Sometimes the stress can get to him, but he does his best to keep it all under control.
Flaws/Weaknesses:
Can do things without thinking
Can let his emotions get the best of him
Can sometimes be too full of himself and be cocky
Stubborn
Strengths:
Confident
Ambitious
Kind
Athletic
Determined
Hard Working
Appearance (in written words):
Nick is 14 years old and he stands at 5'9 and weighs around 155 pounds. He has a very athletic body from playing ice hockey and baseball. He has beach blonde hair, cut in the style that it is in the picture above. He has crystal clear blue eyes. He also has a few freckles right underneath both of his eyes, they aren't very noticeable but they are there. He has a scar going down his right arm from when he was 10 years old and had gotten cut by an ice skate during one of his games. His style mostly consist of athletic brands like nike, addidas and underarmour, but he also wears some other popular teen brand clothing.
History:
Nick was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, specifically in Brampton which is a suburb of Toronto. His father's name is Michael and his mother's name is Vera. Nick is not Vera's first son though and Michael is not her first husband. Vera was originally married to a Jamaican/Canadian man named Tremaine. The two of them had a son together his name is Lukas and he is Nick's older half brother. Lukas was born in Canada, but then moved to England with his father Tremaine and his mother Vera so that his father could follow his dreams and play professional soccer in England. Well eventually things did not work out between Tremaine and Vera. The two got a divorce and Vera decided to move back to Canada and took Lukas with her. She then met Michael in Toronto and eventually the two got married. They had their own son Nick, Lukas was 4 years old when he became an older half brother.

Nick was very close with both of his parents, but Lukas was always a little bit distant from him. They had the same mother, but the two looked nothing alike, they did get along but were never that close. When Nick was 4 years old, his father Michael brought him and the whole family to Nick's first Toronto Maple Leafs game. This was the first time that Nick got to see NHL hockey live and he immediately fell in love with the game of ice hockey. After the game he told his parents he wanted to play and the very next day his father went out and bought him equipment. Soon he started in a learn to skate program followed by a learn to play hockey program and by 5 years old he was starting to play on teams. He was a natural at the sport and picked it up very quickly. He soon moved up playing with older kids and at higher skill levels and soon enough became one of the top players in his age group in all of Canada. Soon he became the top player for his age group in all of North America. Eventually when it became to decide what his hockey future would look like, Nick decided to come to Labissiere Academy, while the hockey team at the school was still relatively new, they had already gotten a-lot of good recruits to decide to attend the school and the head coach was a coach that Nick knew well. This all made it easy for him to choose the school even though he had many options. Another reason he decided to pick the school was that his older half brother Lukas was going into his senior year at the academy and his parents thought it would be a good idea for them to go to the same school even if it was far away from home.
Why Labissiere Academy?
I chose Labissiere academy because I want to build a special ice hockey program here. Hockey is not the biggest thing in Georgia, but the fact that the school was able to get a lot of top recruits plus a great coach and built a schedule where we will play against teams from all over the United States and Canada, it made it an easy choice for me to come here and continue to chase my dream of playing in the NHL one day.

• 4a029ffa8ac88cbf46eb48bc8afb5bac.jpg
    Name: Lewis Harman
    Classification: Sophomore
    Age: 15 (or 16 depending on what time of year the RP starts)
    Birth date: December 9th
    Gender Identity: Male (FTM transgender) - he/him
    Faceclaim: Okay so all I have is the picture above, but I’ll add a proper FC if I find one that fits.
    Academic Program: Acting, Theatre
    Sport: N/A
    Clubs: Musical theatre, Anime, Choir

Flaws/Weaknesses: Eccedentesiast, Impulsive, Unconfrontational, Rejects support
    Strengths: Committed, Encouraging, Helpful, Compassionate

Why Labissiere Academy?
    When he found out he’d be moving from Griffin to Rome due to his mother’s work, Lewis was determined to make it into Labissiere Academy. There was no way he was going to miss such an opportunity, so he worked harder than he’d ever worked for anything in his life to get in on a scholarship. Despite the pressure, he knows it’s the right place for him, and is desperate to prove his capability.

winston-13-reasons-why-1567010431.png

Name: Tomas Hugo
Birth Date: May 25th
Gender Identity: Cis Male
Faceclaim: Deaken Bluman
Academic Program: Computer Science
Workstudy: School Server Management Assistant
Clubs: Coding Club, Gaming Club
Classification: Sophomore

7a38126e465d1247e3aa949c79ef6877.jpg

Persona:
From the outside, Tomas doesn't seem all that remarkable. Upon first glance, one would assume that he was just an average student. After getting to know him a little better, they would think he was a typical nerd, who does well in academics, is into tech, and is too invested in his future and interests to care about the current trends or how the world views him. Only after delving deeper would people see the real him. He isn't radically different among people he trusts or anything, and still has the same calm demeanor, but you'll hear him crack a joke here and make a quip there. He'll open up to you more about his interests, like what games he likes and why, why he thought that movie that just came out was super overhyped, and even about the boys he likes. Even as an acquaintance if you vented to him he would have listened and sympathized, but as a friend he wouldn't feel awkward about offering you some comfort. Tomas would even vent to you about everything that are going wrong in his own life, well mostly everything. Even to the person he trusts the most he doesn't mention how disgusted he feels when he sees himself in the mirror, or how he thinks he looks bloated and practically deformed without his shirt on. People around him will quickly learn that he loves food and has quite an appetite, but he won't reveal how ashamed he feels after, or what he does to make up for it. He's happy to exercise with friends, and stops at a reasonable point when around them, but later when he's alone he makes sure to break even more of a sweat for much longer. If one somehow reaches this deep into his mind the would find that the assumption about him not caring what others think isn't true at all, but rather he feels almost every gaze heavily weighing down on him, and ever glance as he's walking by cuts deep. He fears people are noticing his clothes don't fit right, or his nose is slightly disfigured, or some other physical flaw which he hasn't yet found.

fcdaa7806dfe26d1d7a6dfd3102efdb2.jpg

Flaws/Weaknesses:
- Self-conscious
- Non-confrontational
- Overindulgent

Strengths:
- Intelligent
- Dedicated
- Patient

deaken-bluman-13-reasons-why-1591106402-view-0.jpg

Appearance:
Despite what he thinks, Tomas looks absolutely normal. He has fair skin, dark brown eyes, and dark brown hair. He stands at a height of 5'8 and has an average body frame, although it has been shrinking over his teenage years due to his mental illness. He doesn't have any remarkable scars or birthmarks on his body, nor any sort of tattoos, piercings, or other body modification. In terms of clothing, he dresses relatively nice but still casual, wearing button downs, jackets, scarves, etc. He aims to wear as many layers as the weather allows, as he feels it gives the illusion of him having a slimmer appearance.

History:
Tomas lived in France for part of his childhood, as his father met his mother while working abroad there for his company. He was a web developer and she was involved in design, so the two were a great fit in the workplace and coincidentally out of the workplace too. Tomas spent his younger years growing up in France, and moved to America with his family around age 9. He became more Americanized as he grew up, but his mother made sure he retained some of his French heritage. He took an interest in his parents' careers, and from his father he got his coding prowess while from his mother he got an eye for design, as well as his fashion sense. During his middle school years and into high school along with academics he worked on his own projects in software and app development. He managed to put out a few games and apps by the age of 15, and despite none of them changing the world, they were impressive enough to get a few downloads. Even now, at Labissiere, he continues to improve his craft and puts out new works on the digital market every so often.

Why Labissiere Academy?
Upon seeing Tomas's strong interest in computer science, they decided that he should have the opportunity to hone his skills. He, of course agreed, and the best option for where he could do so was a Labissiere.​

Last edited:
Faceclaim:

ccd5aff11fa6c9db3d429a89b1effc90.jpg

Name: Adonis Douglas
Nickname: Doni
Birth date: April 1st
Academic Program: Engineering, IT

Workstudy: IT Technician Assistant. Adonis finds himself often being sent to fix projectors, computers, and printers that break around the academy whether the issue be hardware or software related.
Sports: While Adonis doesn’t participate in any physical sports, he does participate in several robot sports in which he builds a robot that does the physical activity for him. These include robot soccer, robot table tennis, and several types of robotic combat.

Clubs: Robotics
Classification: Sophmore

Persona: First impressions are said to be the most important impressions that one will ever make. One’s first impression of Adonis might be catching him talking to inanimate objects or awkwardly spouting words. Both are not the best in terms of friendship making, but he does try his best. Sometimes he can even be humorous with his cheeky little remarks and clumsy demeanor.

He is more of a “leap before he looks” kind of guy. He thinks on his feet and adapts in the moment, even if the results are sometimes disastrous. ie. That one time where he accidentally set fire to his bed and put it out with his textbook. The fire was indeed put out, but his two-hundred-dollar textbook faced serious consequences.

Flaws/Weaknesses:
- Awkward: Not only are his movements and actions clumsy, but his speech is as well. When he’s too nervous, he’ll begin spouting random facts, adding additional, unneeded, words to his sentence, or making jokes.
- Anxious: Adonis can become overly anxious when things don’t go his way, or he thinks he’ll mess something up. This can result in unneeded stress and worry as well as, in certain circumstances, severe panic attacks.
- Curious: Adonis’ curiosity has led him down many paths. Some of these paths have led him to develop great skills, but this trait has done more harm than good as it often gets him into incredible trouble.
- Claustrophobic: Confined spaces cause Adonis to experience mild nervousness to full-blown panic attacks. It all depends on the situation, how long he’s in the small space, and how small it is.

Strengths:
- Intelligent: Adonis is able to easily understand complex concepts and put them into practice.
- Adaptive: Adonis is always prepared to take action. Sometimes these actions are thought out to the T and work out perfectly, while others might not be so well thought out. Either way, this trait has gotten him out of more than one sticky situation.
- Passionate: Adonis is passionate about the things he cares about. He wants to use his robots to advance technology and better the world.
- Witty: Doni likes to crack a joke here and there to lighten moods, make friends, and cover up his awkward behavior.

Appearance: Has Doni ever brushed his hair? No one would ever know because the curly black mop on his head frequently defies gravity. A round pair of silver rimmed glasses cover russet brown eyes and bushy brows. He has a particularly defined chin dimple as well as smaller cheek dimples that only appear when he smiles.
Describing beneath the neck, he has a fairly slim build and possesses a small amount of muscle. While he doesn’t have a full set of abs, he is reasonably toned thanks to his parents’ concern for physical health.
As another detail, the skin on half of Adonis’ right hand is heavily wrinkled, pink, and slightly convex; A bad scar from an incident that happened a few years ago.

History: As a lone child with overprotective and overly loving parents, Adonis was home schooled in an attempt to keep him safe from the world. He would watch children play in the street from his window, begging his parents to let him go out and play, but it never happened. It was an incredibly boring life, until he was one day introduced to the internet. This was around the beginning of middle school where his parents were having a hard time furthering Adonis’ education due to him being naturally gifted in terms of intelligence. They enrolled him in pre-recorded online courses and allowed him to use the internet for researching purposes.

Soon after his introduction to the internet, Adonis stumbled upon machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence. The topic interested him so much that he was soon researching his way into developing his own little robot. While it was only made from parts of a toaster and a microwave, Adonis was able to remotely move it around and even make it do a tiny jump. His parents were both impressed and horrified at his creation. Impressed due to the level of intelligence they thought was required to make a robot out of kitchenware, and horrified that he would injure himself doing so. After a bit of encouragement, they reluctantly allowed Adonis to continue pursuing his passion.

That was until one day, Adonis made a mistake when dealing with his robot’s circuitry. The robot caught fire and, in a panic, he picked it up and threw the robot outside onto the concrete. While it did stop the fire from spreading and catching the whole house on fire, Adonis severely burnt his hand. After that day, his parents vowed to never let him touch an electronic again. They became more overprotective than before to the point where it became suffocating.

This lasted about a year until Adonis couldn’t take it anymore; When he was 14. In the dark of night, he surfed the web for a way out and found one: Labissiere Academy. The next day he talked with his parents and put his foot down. He explained that he needed to be like any other kid and go live out his days. That the possibility of danger was just something that everyone had to deal with and how he wouldn’t be happy unless he pursued his passion. Remembering the incident, his parents were hesitant to let him go but eventually caved in when he managed to negotiate a work study position that would help pay his tuition. His parents have made it known that they love him, but they don’t believe in him. In such a harsh and dangerous world, there was no way he could make it, but he was welcome back home as long as he agreed that he would never question their parenting ever again.

Why Labissiere Academy?
Labissiere Academy is a prestigious school with an Engineering program that has their students stay on campus, away from their overbearing parents, what’s not to love?

541501.jpg
Angeli Villanueva

FC: Akari Endo

Full Name: Angeli Liwayway Villanueva

Nickname: Li-Li (most common), Ange (sometimes)

Sex: Female

Birth Date: April 23

Birthplace: Miami, Florida, USA

Sexuality: Demi-panromantic Heteroflexible

Classification: Senior (Grade 12)

Academic Program: Nursing

Workstudy: School Nurse's Assistant

Clubs: Student Government, Filipino Culture, Hispanic Heritage & Cultures​

• MV5BZTAxNWZlMjctNzc5MC00ZDY3LTg3ZDUtNDg0N2RlYTdhYTlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY3NzQzNTY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,713,1000_AL_.jpg

Ethnicity: Filipino/Cuban/Brazilian

Body Type: Hourglass ● Petite ● Slim ● Small bust ● Moderate rear

Height: 5'4" [~163 cm]

Weight: 135 lb [~61 kg]

Hair: Dark brown ● Wavy ● Thick ● Typically worn long & loose

Eyes: Gray ● Deep set ● Almond-shaped ● Parallel

Skin: Complexion: olive, warm beige ● A few moles ● Generally smooth ● Small brown birthmark on back of left arm

Physical Ailments: N/A

Tattoos/Piercings: Standard ear piercings

Style: Her style is typically casual and "girly", dressing in tanktops, light t-shirts, crop tops, and the like with various skirts. However, she enjoys dressing up and has no problem doing so even just to go out to eat or when necessary. While she prefers wearing her hair loose, if too hot, she will pull it up, or style it in an up-do for an event.

720full-akari-endo.jpg

Last edited:

1592416545166.jpeg
Name: Lukas Miroslav Brinson
Nicknames: Luke, Skywalker, Miro, LB, L L Bean, Brinny
Birth date: Dec 26th
Academic Program: Medical

Workstudy:
Undisclosed Role with MLS Atlanta United FC
Sports:
Soccer Starting XI (RAM in most formations, RS/RCF in others)
(also plays with the Canadian U-18 team, declined a pro contract from ATL UTD FC and Toronto FC)
Football 4 Star Recruit for ATH (Starting Strong Safety, Starting Receiver)
Football offers from several D-1 teams (though Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, and LSU are his top choices)

Clubs: Cooking, 'Gym Rats', Gardening, Film
Classification: Senior

Persona:
"Not really sure what people think about me. I actually don't really care either so....yeah.."
Apathy is what defines Lukas the most, or at least what he presents to other people. He tends to not really care with what's going on in most of the Bissy world seeing as finds most of the Bissy people as people walking with broom up their... His apathetic natures keeps him out of trouble for the most part, but can come off as standoffish to others particularly because he likes to taunt people. If you let him see that his apathy bothers you, he will take that and exploit it. He instigates a lot, carrying a 'I dare ya' attitude when confronted by others. He then relies on his large stature to intimidate people into backing down before continuing to taunt them. It is effective on the field in sports, but makes people not want to deal with him other places.

Lukas also comes off as selfish and to some people, can seem a bit whiny because he isn't afraid to voice his feelings. He WILL let you know how he feels and there will often be no tact involved. If it wasn't for the fact that he was apathetic about most everything he probably wouldn't have many friends, but he's more likely to ignore someone than he is to insult them.

Surprisingly, he has never exhibited a short-fuse, but instead very calculated and calm responses. He is like a shark and if he smells blood he will attack. His Canadian National Team coach refers to him as 'un loup' which translates to a wolf, because of his tendency to 'hunt' his opponent and wait for them to show their weakness before formulating a plan and exploiting it. This makes him a wonderful teammate because he understands and believes in doing what is necessary to win, even if it's him not looking the best.

Despite all of his apathy and manipulation, at his core he's gentle. He spends most of his free time when he's not in the gym, at practice, or studying in the kitchen cooking. When he's stressed he spends hours cooking and coming up with new dishes, or tending to plants in the garden.

Flaws/Weaknesses:
- Apathetic- His lack of care, and also his lack of desire to care, makes him a hard person to get along with or seek for help since he doesn't seem interested or invested in the relationship. This can often cause a void in most of his relationships, platonic or otherwise.
- Manipulative-
Though he may be apathetic, he still expresses emotions and can also feign emotion when it benefits him. He uses this ability to manipulate people into getting what he wants, his most notorious case getting his sophomore girlfriend's parents to gift him a car so he can get to Atlanta for his work study, with intentions of dumping her at the end of the year since the car was in his name.
- Stubborn- Once Luke has made a decision, he will not falter from it. It doesn't matter how abundantly clear that his decision is detrimental and the wrong one, he will go down with his ship.

Strengths:
- Keen Strategist/Intelligent- Though his physical stature is a blessing, what separates him from a lot of his peers is his intelligence. He isn't JUST big, fast, and strong he also has the ability to come with great strategies (like in chess, but he finds it boring) on and off the field. He also maintains a 3.7GPA despite participating in arguably the hardest program at the school.
-Efficient- Luke believes in not just completing the task, but completing the task as efficiently as possible. If you're going to do something he is a firm believer in making sure that not only is the task done right, but without any wasted motion or time.
- Observational/Detailed- Luke rarely misses anything, as he has a keen eye for detail.

Appearance:
There is nothing to say about his appearance that one wouldn't say about the Greek God Adonis, or so Luke believes. Being born into an athletic family (his uncle was HOF hockey player and his dad was a soccer star) has gifted him with genes that allow him to chisel his body to the exact way he wants without too much extra effort. He is very toned and sculpted, including a very defined six-pack. His complexion is a light caramel with a yellow undertone and has very few blemishes, so much so women ask for his skin care routine. He does have several scars all over his body, and he is a bit self conscious about posterior (though toned it is abnormally small). His eyes are dark brown and he has grown his dark brown hair out.

Height : 6'3 , 190 cm
Weight: 210 lbs, 95 kg

History:
"Are you recording this? Seriously? Are you going to post this on Youtube? Name it the Lukas Brinson story....oh. You're actually from ESPN um, ok. Well.....I was born in Brampton, Ontario to the Brinson family. Yeah, that Brinson family. One of the few black men in Hockey was my uncle, a hometown hero as he played for the Leaves. Glad to see him finally get in the hall of fame not too long ago. Uh my dad played for Chelsea in England and also was the star on the Canadian national team. So, big athletic shoes to fill though I hear my cousin Jae is killing it in the basketball game back in Toronto. Heard he plans to play for UNC. Well anyways, uh my mother wasn't really accepted in our family because we were Jamaican and she was...well, European. I think she's German or something, I forget. That would explain my name at least.

Well my father got offered a contract to play for Aresnal in England, so when I was only few months old or something we moved over there. Parents split and we eventually moved back to Toronto, though I didn't want to. My dukes remarried with my current step-father, who I can't stand by the way. He's the worst, and had my little brother, Nick. He's not a bad kid so how I treat him isn't really fair, but I detest that my mother remarried.

I spent most of my breaks from school in England with my father, which is why I have a kind of a weird accent? It's like a mixture of Patois, Toronto slang, Black British slang, and British pronunciations? It's like the Frankenstein's monster of vernacular. Or would that be dialect? Whatever. Anyways, I always wanted to be a soccer star like my pops so I spent summers at soccer academies in England, practicing every second I could. Though as I got older and when my father moved to playing for Chelsea, our time together sort of slowed.

I hated being in the house with my mom's husband and her new kid, so I was always out and about. Usually in the gym, but sometimes up to no good. I just wanted to get away from Toronto, so I got to Labissiere on a soccer scholarship. It's cool, I guess? I got a job working with Atlanta United and I'm pretty good. What's neat is I also picked up American football, right? And apparently I'm really good at that? NIck Saban and Kirby Smart came to our game last year to see me! That's wild. Kirby came in on a helicopter dude, a HELICOPTER. It's crazy. I want to play football like my dad, but people keep telling me to try american football for a career. I don't know, it's really fun.

I mean I did get a pro contract offer from Atlanta United last year, but I turned it down. Don't tell the little dork this, but I turned it down so I can watch over him his freshman year. Anyways, I have a lot to think about career wise because I'm also kind of enjoying the idea of being a surgeon. We will see."

Why Labissiere Academy?
"Easy, to get far far far away from my mom and her husband."​

Manny_Montana_4_1_cropped.jpg

Name
Jasper Martinez

Birth date
June 12th

Gender Identity
Male

Academic Program
Chemistry

Workstudy:
Teaching Assistant

Sport(s)
Track and Field

Clubs:
Photography

Classification :
Junior

Persona:
[Positives]

[Negatives]

Flaws/Weaknesses

Strengths

History

Why Labissiere Academy?

HOME
I
II
III
  • e421c42595d265dccba25d38ac263448.jpg

Monroe Abernathy.

Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.

code: @s e v e n

Last edited:
17765765._SY540_.jpg
Shaun Cianciola
FC: Thomas McDonell

BASICS

Full Name: Shaun Jesus Cianciola

Nickname: N/A

Sex: Male

Birth Date: June 2

Birthplace: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA

Sexuality: Demi-heteroromantic Heterosexual

Classification: Senior (Grade 12)

Academic Program: Kinesiology & Sociology

Workstudy: N/A

Clubs/Sports: Soccer, Music, Fitness, Hispanic Heritage & Cultures, African Heritage & Cultures​

• 313full.jpg

Ethnicity: Puerto Rican / South African (of Italian descent)

Body Type: Endomorph = Rhomboid = Fit/Toned = Moderately muscular

Height: 5'9" [~176 cm]

Weight: 173 lb [~78 kg]

Hair: Brown = Wavy = Typically worn cut to shoulder length

Eyes: Chestnut = Almond-shaped = Protruding = Hooded = Parallel

Skin: Complexion: Fair, buff = Generally smooth, few blemishes = Prone to medium hair growth

Physical Ailments: N/A

Body Mods: Lip piercing (bottom right)

Style: Casual and comfortable: t-shirts, shorts, jeans, etc. = Dresses formally when necessary

thomas-mcdonell-1375712687.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back