• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Under The Lights | A Slice of Life RP

AkuTheWolfOkami

The Shape-shifting Master of Goatees and Darkness

Under The Lights

no slide

It's a lifestyle. It's every day crafting your art so that it is perfection. It's no corners cut, measuring twice and cutting once. It's blood, sweat, tears. It's preparing for when you step, under the lights.

Labissiere Academy is a private school with infinite resources started by billionaire french businessman Adrian Labissiere in 2010. It was started when his eldest daughter was making it known that her plans were to go to college in America, and he wanted to send her younger sibling there to be close. He found that the education system, in even the private schools, to be lacking. So he did what billionaires do. He built a state of the art school.

Over the years the school developed into a powerhouse, but not in the way that the businessman predicted. No. It had become the premiere high school in the nation for athletic and performing arts. Each one of their sports programs had won a (or multiple) state championship in the last few years. From football to track and field. You could see alumni from their performing arts programs in movies, on the radio, and everywhere else in the industry. With state of the art facilities, on campus dorms included in tuition, and top teachers the school was a breeding ground for success. For those who could not afford the steep tuition bill, there were scholarship programs and work-studies to pay it off.

The school would sound like heaven to anyone looking to make it, but it's not easy. The school's core curriculum was rigorous, practices felt ten times harder, and success was expected. There was no failure allowed at the school. Anxiety and depression ran rampant amongst the students, despite the on-site counseling and therapy available 24/7. The pressure was always on, especially when you stepped under the lights.

full

(These are simply role descriptors. In no way does the set role have to live by that role. The Talentless can have a talent, like painting, but keep it secret to avoid pressure. There can be someone who is here for Academics etc.)

Talentless, but Popular
They aren't good at anything. Not academics, not sports, not any of the arts. They only were able to get into this school via connections, but everyone loves them.

The Baddie
They grew up usually being referred to as the baddest girl in the area. A cheerleader (sophomore +) who never had to work for anything, with an attitude to match.

Junior Olympic Star
Being one of the youngest gold medalists ever is nice. That nagging shoulder injury that is causing you to sit out the year, is not.

Band Geek/Music Geek
Music is your life, but is it what defines you?

Smiling Mask
That knee has been healing forever, you're going to miss yet another season. Are you smiling to mask that you're afraid your career is over? (can't be a senior)

full

Hi. I'm Aku. I don't know what else to say besides please diversify your character face claims?

The roleplay will be divided up into episodes. What is an episode in regards to roleplaying you may ask. Well, an episode is generally the amount of time that it should take to finish a mini-plot. For instance, if there is an event..let's say a dance, then the preceding events of the day or the day before (like planning and prepping) and the dance should be done by the end of the episode. Each sub-plot point will require an episode. The other idea of an episode is to have a time period that it should last to keep the roleplay from dying. I'm thinking 2 weeks actual time is a good place but will adjust it based on the flow of the group. If I find the group can get through like two rounds of posts a week, I might make an episode a month, but if the group gets like 6 round of posts, I might just let it go until the episode naturally concludes (and push it along the way.) What I hope to avoid is slow plot progression, where people lose interest as a whole. This episode idea will adapt to the group, but this is the basis of it.

Questions, comments, concerns? Let us know. If not? Join us.

Last edited:
Basically, this roleplay is focused on the lives of the students as they face the pressures of what comes with attending this school.

I’m interested, it seems really cool. But I don’t have discord is that a problem?

Definitely interested!
Oh neat! That's enough to at least get the ball rolling, still looking for more! There are plenty of possibilities for characters! Will send a pm out to those who have expressed interest.

For anyone else interested, please click this link to the CS above and like the first post to show me you are, and i'll add you to the onboarding CS.

Gonna bump this and see if we can't get TWO folks who are interested. More are welcome, but doesn't seem like some of the original are into it anymore. Two more would make 5, and I think that's enough to get started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back