• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Under Lock and Key

Risotoo

pulling for snek boss
under lock and key.
a dark prison breakout roleplay
The clinking of chains in the distance reverberates through the walls, a grim reminder of your situation. A guard shuts the bolt behind you, startling you a bit as you are forced into your cell.

The wound on your shoulder begins to itch and pull from where they implanted the tracker. You try in vain to gut it out, but you eventually give up and heave a sigh as you look around your cell.

The room looks depressing enough, a poster quotes meant to be encouraging are pasted lazily atop your bed, although calling it one would be an understatement. It is accompanied with a wooden table filled with all sorts of things from pencils to papers, everything dulled, of course.

All of this though passes in a haze though as you make a beeline for the mattress, tired and exhausted from the day's troubles. The bed groans a bit as you tuck yourself underneath the quilted sheets. You give one final look to the meager window they've provided you, letting your eyes dance across what little sunlight streams through the bars. It doesn't take long for you to finally pass into a dreamless sleep.

Welcome home.

─────​

Welcome one and all! Riso here ^^. If you found yourself hooked by the little introduction post, I'm here to fill you in with the details!

First off, this roleplay is modern, dystopian, and fantasy in setting. The governments are all hurrying to adjust to and regulate the sudden emergence of powered individuals. And, as you might have guessed, there are, indeed, superheroes and supervillains in this setting, though the roleplay won't be focusing on that aspect just yet.

Your characters, instead, will start out in a privately-owned prison, incarcerated for crimes ranging from mass murder to petty larceny. There, you are all to be rehabilitated until, eventually, you lose your powers and overcome the trauma that had borne those powers. For reasons of their own, however, all your characters will be plotting out their escape from the prison. Those reasons will be discussed further once I release the roles and stuff.

As for the specs of this role-play, it will have elements and scenes of combat, as they will probably have to fight off the guards at some point, (unless they decide on going complete stealth as their means of escape.) That said, while I did mention that it would be, to a certain extent, oriented towards combat, I'm planning for this roleplay to be very character-driven.

Trigger warnings include: both descriptions + mentions of abuse, corruption, drug usage, gore, and violence.)

─────​

We're looking at 250 words and above per post. However, in situations that require fast-paced interactions and scenes, less is permitted, so long as they aren't one-liners or basic sentences. To be more specific:
Yay​
He lunged for their neck, only to be pulled back by his crewmates. Still, he clawed and clawed for their demise. "You fucking bitch! I'll fucking kill you, you hear me?!"And he planned to make good on that threat. With or without his crewmates. That bitch was going to get it.
Nay​
He lunged for their neck. His crewmates pulled him back. "You fucking bitch! I'll fucking kill you, you hear me?!" he shouted.
As usual, respect other players and their opinions. Everyone can have their opinions, no matter how controversial they may be, but there's a way you can go about to expressing it in a respectful and polite manner.

I discourage power-playing and god-modding. Creativity with one's powers is always encouraged, but sometimes, there's a point when it becomes too much. Please think beyond just the physical and magical strength of your character, as cooperation between the characters (and the players) are far more integral to their escape and to the plot. If you're unsure whether the power applications you've decided on are alright, feel free to check and ask me anytime. ^_^

If writing about a potentially dark topic not mentioned in the triggers above (e.g. self-harm), I must ask that you write a trigger warning right before the description of that scene you're warning about.

This roleplay will be accepting characters based on their applications, rather than a first-come-first-serve basis. The roles will be released once I have the interest of at least 4 people.

All RPNation rules apply, as usual. ^_^
lore thread
ic thread
cs thread

none of the links are online yet
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
I am a little interested myself. Been trying to get my own super powered thing going but that isn't going well, so I'd be happy to take part in this.

Hi guys, really sorry for not being ablr to post it. Schoolwork just flooded and things kept piling up. Ill be sure to put up everything before/on monday.

I'd like to mention that I got a pm from Risotoo saying that they wont be able to run this right now, real life problems. Figured I'd let everyone else here know.

Oh, thank you kindly for alerting us! I hope they will be alright <3 And seriously, thank you again- because I was about to make a long CS xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back