• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Unclucky ~ Dog RP ~ OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
AH. I forgot it was my turn. Lots of stress and crazy things on this end. I'll get on that soon.

More baby sheep! One of the ewes had triplets (edited, I mistyped twins). Two boys (on the right) and a girl. They don't have names yet.

1586174265661.png

Congrats! Are you going for a specific theme with the names or not? Because we can suggest some!
THISSS

Not going to lie though, they remind me of black and tan dachshunds! And the brown one, if (he?) has the tan markings like the other two, is like a chocolate and tan doxxie! I've never seen sheep those colors before, only goats!

Gahhh they are so cute and fluffyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

THISSS

Not going to lie though, they remind me of black and tan dachshunds! And the brown one, if (he?) has the tan markings like the other two, is like a chocolate and tan doxxie! I've never seen sheep those colors before, only goats!

Gahhh they are so cute and fluffyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
Now that you mention it one of them has my dog's exact markings xD

Congrats! Are you going for a specific theme with the names or not? Because we can suggest some!

A friend's grand-daughter asked to name one Cinderella, so a Disney theme seems to be in the cards this year (last year it was fae/fairies, the year before it was Hobbits) All names gratefully received. I'm hoping the four ewes still due to lamb don't all produce triplets, or I'll run out of room- a mix of twins and singles is most likely.

It does look a bit like the black-and-tan of breeds like dachshunds and dobies. In Shetland sheep the colour is known as gulmoget (black gulmoget, or moorit gulmoget for the brown). Shetlands use a lot of terms in the original language of the Shetland isles. In other sheep breeds it's sometimes called Mouflon. Yes, the brown one is a boy (tup lamb or ram lamb), and is also the smallest of the triplets. The girl (ewe lamb or gimmer) is the largest. These are my first black gulmoget lambs! I had one moorit gulmoget ewe lamb last year- the full sister of these three.

A friend's grand-daughter asked to name one Cinderella, so a Disney theme seems to be in the cards this year (last year it was fae/fairies, the year before it was Hobbits) All names gratefully received. I'm hoping the four ewes still due to lamb don't all produce triplets, or I'll run out of room- a mix of twins and singles is most likely.

It does look a bit like the black-and-tan of breeds like dachshunds and dobies. In Shetland sheep the colour is known as gulmoget (black gulmoget, or moorit gulmoget for the brown). Shetlands use a lot of terms in the original language of the Shetland isles. In other sheep breeds it's sometimes called Mouflon. Yes, the brown one is a boy (tup lamb or ram lamb), and is also the smallest of the triplets. The girl (ewe lamb or gimmer) is the largest. These are my first black gulmoget lambs! I had one moorit gulmoget ewe lamb last year- the full sister of these three.

Disney theme, I'm hella on board! Idk why but the first name that popped into my head was Sven from Frozen xD

Wow learning alot today! I'll have to remember those coloration names, very cool! I've heard of the terms ram lamb and ewe lamb, but tup lamb for a male and gimmer for a female are new! Are those Shetland specific terms?

I've heard of the terms ram lamb and ewe lamb, but tup lamb for a male and gimmer for a female are new! Are those Shetland specific terms?

Tup for a male sheep (whole/not castrated) is Old English, I think? You find it in many places in the UK, gimmer as well, but I think a lot of the terms are only used among 'sheep folk'. Gimmer is a female sheep before her first lamb. You can also get wether (castrated male sheep), and hogget or shearling (sheep of either gender after weaning but before its first shearing- although it varies a bit).

Shetland-specific colours and patterns, now, you can get mioget, emsket, shaela, yuglet, crunet, flekket, socket and katmoget...

Tup for a male sheep (whole/not castrated) is Old English, I think? You find it in many places in the UK, gimmer as well, but I think a lot of the terms are only used among 'sheep folk'. Gimmer is a female sheep before her first lamb. You can also get wether (castrated male sheep), and hogget or shearling (sheep of either gender after weaning but before its first shearing- although it varies a bit).

Shetland-specific colours and patterns, now, you can get mioget, emsket, shaela, yuglet, crunet, flekket, socket and katmoget...
Wow this is all super cool! Wish I lived on a farm or something!

Quiddles Quiddles I immediately thought of Mulan when I saw the Disney theme and her dragon is called Mushu so why don't you name the other boy Mushu? Or, y'know, name the girl Mulan but that would be a bit obvious

Afropuppy Afropuppy Why not obvious? There's a girl and two boys though, and my other sets of siblings all have related names (although Cinderella and Aurora are stretching that a bit): Titania/Oberon, Merry/Pippin, Sugar/Spice. Three related names would be good.

Afropuppy Afropuppy Why not obvious? There's a girl and two boys though, and my other sets of siblings all have related names (although Cinderella and Aurora are stretching that a bit): Titania/Oberon, Merry/Pippin, Sugar/Spice. Three related names would be good.
Well if the girl is Cinderella, why not go for Gus and Jaq for the boys? Unless you wanted the names related as the characters are related?

Ok then how about Rapunzel, Flynn and Pascal since those are the main characters of the Rapunzel movie? They're 1 girl and 2 boys!

Cinderella is one of twins, the triplets are the ones that need names; although don't worry, there'll be more lambs along before long so plenty of names needed!

Quiddles Quiddles So should I try and come up with more names orr..? Because you didnt react to my last suggestion so just asking
It's ok if you dont like them btw I'm not gonna get mad

I'm making a list of suggested names, then I try them out while watching the lambs and see if any 'stick'. Although mostly at the moment I'm running around a lot trying to be home for parcel collections and delivery while also trying to be out in the field a lot checking for lamb arrivals and also working shifts at the supermarket!

I'm making a list of suggested names, then I try them out while watching the lambs and see if any 'stick'. Although mostly at the moment I'm running around a lot trying to be home for parcel collections and delivery while also trying to be out in the field a lot checking for lamb arrivals and also working shifts at the supermarket!
Wow that's multitasking at its finest, good job!

Lets see, names...

Berlioz, Marie, and Toulouse - triplets from Aristocats

Wendy, Michael/John/Peter Pan - Peter Pan

Copper, Todd, Vixey - Fox and the Hound

Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian - Little Mermaid

Kuzco/Pacha/Kronk, Yzma - Emperors New Groove

Hercules, Meg, Phil - Hercules

Hope that helps a bit haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back