• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy uncharted land

Mitra nodded and this time started talking about towns in seagull tongue, because those were birds who knew more about population on the land.
"This turf is bay-tribe land. Behind it lives prairie-tribe and behind that is mountains. Down land is turf of rock-men which contains rocky edge of the great land and upper land belongs to the river. Probably a small city is located at the riverside."
She explained. The boy who looked impatient spoke to his father excitedly and he translated it for Mitra.
"This boy is called Breeze. He wants to come with us as translator because we won't be able to find another tamer in other tribes."
She told captain Fetri.

"Fine... but he can't understand us and we don't know his language." Mitra said but nodded to the boy who grinned and led them back to their ship. Once they arrived, he spoke to his tribe men and convinced them to trust new comers. Most of armed men left and about five of them remained to watch over voyagers. The the boy, who was called Breeze, tried to use sign language to tell them they were not allowed to cut trees or hunt animals. He pointed at trees and animals and clenched his hands together as a sign of unity and protection.

"Okay so, no destruction of sacred land" interperated captain Fetri "Wish someone would've told that to those who discovered Selthu"

"Does old people always regret the past?" Mitra asked sarcastically. Obviously she felt uneasy about taking Breeze with them. "By the way... are we going to map this land or will just refill our supplies and leave? This place has been occupied by different folks for ages... you can't compare it with discovery of Selthu." She added impatiently.

"Oh yeah" captain Fetri said disappointed "just ask him to give us swords and directions to Selthu if he knows the way"

"I can't ask him anything... not better than you. I don't know his language and he doesn't understand mine!" Mitra reminded Fetri about her worries. Breeze looked at one then the other. He shrugged then moved his hand asking them to follow. The boy was guiding them into the forest again. Mitra looked at captain to see if he was really going to follow the boy although they weren't sure were he was taking them.

It was a long time that they had been walking without rest. It was getting warmer and warmer. She had sweated like hell but the air was so humid that her sweat couldn't evaporate. Mitra was thinking if Breeze was going to get them lost on purpose when the boy finally stopped and pointed at a field behind woods. "Maraha." He repeated the word and turned back to the path he had come from. "I guess he means those fields belong to Maraha clan. They must be the prairie-tribe." She said then sighed and sat on the ground. "In other words... he just kicked us out of his homeland!"

"They must be strict about groups!" Commented the captain "Our ship is back the other way! How are we supposed to deliver our mail now!" Complained a crew member "I just hope the Maharas won't lead us astray!" The captain then ordered "well, the bay tribe couldn't permit us to hunt there, we all need lunch and to get back to our ship, so I say we should split up. One party will hunt for lunch and we will try to find these Maharas."

"We don't need to search..." Mitra said as shaded her eyes with a hand and pointed at the other side of the field with a other. A group of riders were chasing a herd of wild horses. "They must be habitats of the prairie... the look more like fighters than hosts..." She said as watched their beautiful horses with admiration.

As they waited on the edge of green field, riders chased horses till cornered a few of them. Mitra watched the process of catching wild horse with interest. "They are strong and skillful!" She said when saw them bind new horses with ropes and drag them toward their village. It was only after taking care of animals that they payed attention to newcomers. They ran their horses toward them and halted a few steps away. One of them spoke while frowning. His language was different from bay-tribe but she didn't understand him anyway. Suddenly the his horse said something about his master that made Mitra laugh. At first all three young riders were surprised and annoyed but then two of them laughed with her. "I assume they have noticed I can understand horses." She told captain. Young men spoke together for a while then nodded at Fetri and his crew before turning their back and moving toward their village slowly. "Seemingly... we are allowed to follow... " She said.

Mitra groaned under breath as got to her feet and followed the group. She was still tired of the long walk on the forest and sunlight was sharp, disturbing her sight, now that there was no tree to shade them.
At first she thought they were going to the village but they changed direction and went to a fenced area where new horses were kept. Fortunately there a large tent near the fence which they could rest in, away from burning sun. And there were wooden containers of water that they could use to seize their thirst.

"Well, at least we have shelter" said captain Fetri "And that we're safe too!" Stefan said drinking some water. "Now how are we supposed to get to Selthu?" One of the men asked his captain before Captain Fetri answered "Well, I have no idea how to leave or if we'll be stuck here, this is uncharted land, no one other than the natives know where we are!" "Get me the fuck outta here!" A new horse Winnied behind them.

"These animals are too noisy..." Mitra mumbled while trying to draw a map of the path they had come so far. "Captain... why do you expect to reach Selthu on foot? We were supposed to sail there as far as I know." She asked, still working on her map.

"I don't" said captain Fetri "Selthu is an island that's probably to the northeast of here!" "SHUSH" knickered another horse "The humans might make our lives better and protect us from monsters!"

"Monsters?!" Mitra forgot about her conversation with Fetri and went out to see the horse who had just spoken. "Hey... you... nice girl! Did you just said something about monsters?" She asked the white and brown mare.

"Monsters?" Captain fetri repeated and all of the crew became worried as the mare told Mitra "Yes, Coyotes, buffolo men, ice giants, golems, ghosts, cougars and now ghost people that speaks like horses!" All of the men looked to the neighing Mitra who seemed to be getting intel from the captured horses.

"Are you saying all of them exist around here and... horses are afraid of ghosts?!" She asked with surprise. A tribe man who had come to feed horses heard her voice and was confused by it. He called his friends to come and watched the scene.

"yes" the mare winnied as a Stallion ate what they were feeding him "You are unnaturally pale, talking like us and therefore a scary ghost human! Now i've seen everything!" the mare bucked in fear as she ran up to the fence.

"Huh... you are the first animal who I've seen that is scared of talking to human." Mitra said and left the mare alone. "Coyotes, buffalo men, ice giants, golems, ghosts, cougars... these are beasts horses are afraid of. Nothing useful can be gained from these animals. Sorry for cutting you speech captain... we were talking about the best path to Selthu..." their conversation about Selthu was interrupted again as three horsemen approached them and talked hastily. Mitra only shrugged and shook her head. There was no way she could understand them. One of them pointed at a small hut in distant that she hadn't noticed it before. "Seems that we're going to see something new!" She said indifferently then walked up toward the hut.

"I hope it's some kind of Shaman's hut" said captain fetri going to the hut before ordering "Men stay behind, I want you to watch me in case anything funny happens." The men nodded in agreement as captain Fetri said "Anyways, Selthu is an island probably to the northwest of here, maybe there's also coastal Maharas with ports"

Mitra, who had no intentions to be surprised, followed Fetri by a few steps distance. After making sure nothing unexpected was going to happen, she peeked from above his right shoulder and saw a horse fallen sick on the floor. "So it's what they expect us to do for them... " Saying this she sat near the animal and tried to calm him down, then talked to him to find out where he felt the pain most. "Something in his stomach is hurting him." She said as pointed at the horseman's belly. The man nodded and called for their village's wise man who was their vet as well.

The result of saving the sick horse was that the group was allowed to enter the village. That night they were holding shortest night ceremony and explorers could watch young boys and girls of the village dancing around the fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back