• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy uncharted land

“I’ve never heard of those” said Captain Smithson “But I look forward to seeing them”

“Good mornin” replied a villaiger lWhat brings you all this way?”

"That has to wait. The village we're going to visit farms horses. Not that kind of farming as cattle.... you'll see soon." Suren said.

"These guys with me are travelers. They've come from other side of the sea to learn about this part of land. I'm going to take them to meet the eldest grandmother. Have you seen her recently?" She asked.

“I see” said the captain still following behind Ember.

“Last we heard she was with a mountain clan speaking to the dead” said the villaiger

Soon, the group could see a bunch of tents that looked a little scattered in comparison to wetus of a village. Several colorful horses were grazing around them. "There they are... half of them are camping. The rest might be on the way or have moved a head. Do you want to meet them?"

"Which way should I go to reach the mountains?" Magi asked gladly.

Assuming they’re actually human and not shapeshifters, sure” said Cpt. Smithson

“Just go west” said the villaiger “Mountains would be about three days of travel on horseback”

"I haven't seen shapeshifters taking care of animals. They usually hunt them." Ember said as moved again. He took the group to the tents and stopped nearby until almost everyone were out of their tents watching them. He explained to them about the expedition which brought surprise to most. "Well, what do need to know? Ask your questions and paint your pictures... we have no other reason to stop here." He spoke to Smithson.

"Thank you!" Magi said and turned to Fetri. "I asked about the granny. What else can I do for you?" She asked him.

The painter soon got out his eisel as cpt. Smithson said “Ask them how many people live around here?’

“But what did she say?” asked Cpt. Fetri

"20 tents, they say." Ember answered after a short question. "Just 12 of them are here right now." Meanwhile, Mitra had herself busy with young women and their children.

"They say the granny has been seen in mountains last time. We can reach there by walking for three days towards west." Magi said.

“20 tents with around four living in each would be a hundred people” said Smithson writing down the number 100 “Now, what is this villiage called?”

“We might have a slight problem then” said Fetri

"Should it have a name? They're clan of riders; they have a few mall farms here and there to grow nuts and keep changing their place by season. They're nomads as I told your earlier." Ember explained.

"What's wrong, captain?" Ben asked.

“ohh” said cpt. Smithson “It’s just that where we come from every town has a name we largely settle in one area while the Lords and kingships handle the land. It’s important to know one villaige from another.”

“Assusiming she’s as great a mage as locals say she is, she’ll likely not be there by the time we get there” Said Fetri

"You seem smarter than you are." Ember said boldly. "This is not a village. This clan lives here now and somewhere else a few moons later."

"If we're fated to meet her, we will sooner or later." Magi assured Fetri confidently.

“I figured” said smithson writing ‘Villaige of Nomads’ above the estimated population “So, I would be right in assuming that most humans of this continent were nomadic”

“I suppose” said Fetri as Villaigers looked on at the language the’ve never heard before “But I wouln’t put so much faith in fate, so shall we press on or rest here”

"I don't know what exactly means nomadic to you." Ember said thoughtfully. "But I can say that there are people who never settle in one place, clans living in small village, small towns that are actually a few villages gathered in once place and new towns or cities with different rules." He explained.

Magi smirked. "You don't trust your destiny but you worship idols." She said. "It's too soon to rest; let's go."

“Nomadic means they don’t live in one permanent place” Said Smithson “that they migrate. We have permanent settlements except for folks like us who travel for the purpose of delivery, travel or like what we’re doing surveying”

“By all means then” Said Fetri waving goodbye to the villaigers.

"That's what I used it first for. I'm glad we're not misunderstanding in this part. So now I think you've received your answer. What's next?" Ember asked.

Magi gladly guided the way to the mountains. She was curious about the name of the lands she had ran over her whole life.

“Now, Mitra said something about riders” Said Smithson looking at spotted Mares and stallions whitch stood near the villaige “What sort of livestock do the people here breed?”

"What you see; horses." Ember answered. "You can see other animals in villages. I've seen nomad clans herding goats but not this clan."

“Brother” Asked one of the teenage villaigers as Smithson dully noted the Clan’s lifestyle “Who are these sickly looking people”

"They're not ill, son. They're men of overseas. You must have seen the ocean before, right?" Ember answered the boy.

“Yes we have, but I didn’t realise that there even was another side of the sea and that men from there look so strange” said the boy with his eyes darting over to the painter as most of the Captain’s party walked beyond the villaige as if scouting their surroundings.

"They've come in large boats. Very larger that a simple dinghy. And they are almost as knowledgeable as yansi or even more. They are human like you so I can't say if they are good or bad but it's wiser to stand on the good side until you find out. The man who is going around your tents going to paint a picture of this place. They've come to know you." Ember explained.

Ember smiled fatherly at the boy. "You're an optimist lad. How about you come with us and learn their language and their manners? Many of these folks will appear on this land; it'll be helpful to have more natives knowing them better." He suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back