Uncaged Blood (RP No Longer Active)

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Uncaged Blood

640x361_1289_Old_empire_city_2d_fantasy_city_airship_empire_architecture_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
In a World Ruled by Vampires

The Fonteyn family, a bloodline of vampires, has ruled over the kingdom of Fontenell for nearly one thousand years. Under their rule, humans have lived in relative oppression. Vamps can take blood whenever they want, and should they choose to take someone as a blood slave, they can't object. Thus, the humans live in fear of attack by a common vampire or even one from the aristocracy. Though the life of a blood slave entails luxury, it's not freedom. There have been far too many unsuccessful revolts in centuries past; the vamps are just too powerful. But this time, the rebels have an advantage: help from within the castle.

~~~

The elder Fonteyn son and heir to the throne, Aleron, greatly supports the ideology that has ruled Fontenell for a millenia. Vampires are clearly the superior race, so why shouldn't they rule? Phoenix and Lyllith, his siblings, disagree. They've seen how the humans suffer under the rule of the vampires. They're not happy, and they never have been. The younger prince and princess know this needs to change. But how to do it?

On a secret jaunt outside the castle, Lyllith meets a rebel, in turn finding the Uncaged Birds, a rebel faction that has operated without the monarchy's knowledge for five years. They welcome her with open arms, thinking her to be a poor girl living on the streets. But some random misstep, they discover she is indeed the vampire princess, but the rebel she met before stops them before they can do anything to her. He reasons that having someone within the castle, and the royal family to boot, would be of great help to their cause. The Birds grudgingly agree and accept Lyllith into their ranks, as well as Phoenix, who had secretly tailed his sister on her adventure outside.

If they overthrow Aleron, they'll finally free the humans from vampire oppression.
Of Fonteyns and Uncaged Birds...

Aleron Riskel Fonteyn (23)~NPC AND THEREFORE NOT OPEN
Aleron is cold and calculating, much like his parents. The dignity of his race matters the most to him, and he believes his siblings to be incredibly naive to support the side of humans. To servants, he's harsh and demanding, and his brother and sister are nod different. His parents dote on him, much to the ire of the second son and first daughter.

Phoenix Edmond Fonteyn (19)~ Aukanai Aukanai
Phoenix is young and reckless but also very thoughtful. He chooses his words carefully and tends to think through things before deciding on an action. Though his parents favor Aleron, they praise him on his skill in war strategy and critical thinking. He's often consulted on how to fix a problem within the kingdom such as natural disasters, crime sprees, and other concerns.

Lyllith Violeta Fonteyn (17)~ AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
Lyllith may seem weak and girly, but she's tough if given the chance. She picks fights with Aleron because of his obviously wrong ideas, but she's closer to Phoenix than practically anybody. Her parents treat her as inferior due to her status as the youngest sibling, and they insist that she marry an aristocrat. She'd rather marry someone she actually cares about, though. That's what leads her to venture outside of the castle and into the kingdom.

Duncan Mauntell (25)~ @Blue Jay
Duncan is the leader of the Uncaged Birds. He's highly respected and trusted among his subordinates, and everyone takes his word as law. In their eyes, he's the wise leader who should take the throne once they overthrow the Fonteyns, but he'd rather leave it to someone else. Out of everyone he trusts, his lieutenant is the one he trusts the most.

Lyra Coffyn (24)~ Bellz Bellz
Lyra is Ducan's lieutenant and the secondary leader of the Birds. Duncan is the only one she truly trusts, but the others are very much like her children. She's the first to scold mischief makers and she's very no nonsense. However, there's something very vulnerable about her, and that may come from the secret that no one knows: she's a vampire.

Kentin Monteacute (18)~Open
Kentin is the rebel Lyllith met in the city, and he's the one who convinced Duncan and the others not to kill her on the spot when they found out what she was. He doesn't particularly care for vampires, but he does value the rebellion and if there's even the slightest chance that this strategy could land them a victory, he'll take it. Normally, he does the scouting for missions the Birds carry out.

Cassiana Alington (17)~Open
Cassiana is the weapons expert of the Birds, and she's the first to make it clear to Phoenix that he's not welcome here. Duncan is her idol, and she looks up to him. Some say she has a crush on him, but she always denies it vehemently. There's no room for love in a rebellion.
Other Records

If you couldn't tell, this is an in-progress RP, but seeing as one player disappeared and another had to drop out, I'm looking for people to fill these spots. Don't worry about catching up; we didn't get very far before this problem occurred. So please, I'm only looking for Cassiana and Kentin! Don't pay attention to the only roles; those are the only ones I need right now.

As this is detailed, I expect at least two descriptive paragraphs per post. The story depends not just on me, but also on you. I need everyone working together to move the story along. That's the only way we'll truly have fun with this.

To make sure no one commits to something they can't do, I will require that those who want to join are committed and can do at least one post per week. (I have a life, too.) And for those of you who want a specific part, I will need you to PM me a sample of your writing from another RP or something in the point of view of the character you want to play. Sound good?

Please comment with the phrase "Maya Angelou" if you read everything. If you don't, I will most likely ignore you. DO IT. (Sorry if that sounded mean.)

Note: I'm only looking for the two roles that are open right now. Aleron is NPC so you cannot apply for him. I will not be accepting any other roles as I want to keep this fairly small. So please, unless you're going for Kentin or Cassiana, don't bother.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting enough for me, I'd say that I'm fairly interested in Kentin's role. That being said, I'll need some basic introduction to what already happened in the RP as well as further info about the character before effectively joining the roleplay.

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Edit: Apparently my corrector doesn't exactly like uncommonly seen names and decided that "Maya Angelou" was me trying to say my angel. Anyway, there's your password, Genork~

Last edited:
*snoops in here like the snooping snooper Auka I am*

QAQ where's Casss ahhh

Arne Arne ..Gen's probs going to hit me for answering for them. But nothing significantly important has occurred in the roleplay yet. We've just gotten to the part where all the characters are meeting. Plus Lyllith being a badass*

*snoops in here like the snooping snooper Auka I am*

QAQ where's Casss ahhh

Arne Arne ..Gen's probs going to hit me for answering for them. But nothing significantly important has occurred in the roleplay yet. We've just gotten to the part where all the characters are meeting. Plus Lyllith being a badass*
That's good, I won't have to adapt my style to suit the previous player's then. Still, I'd like to know what I could change to a certain extent in the character.
While i don't really care to make use of a pre-made character, I'd still like to make some minor changes in attire choice and some appearance related stuff, mainly because I can't really get into the mood to write if I end up finding the character's appearance to be unmatched with how I see him/her... That being said, I still have to see the character, so that may be unnecessary in the end.

That's good, I won't have to adapt my style to suit the previous player's then. Still, I'd like to know what I could change to a certain extent in the character.
While i don't really care to make use of a pre-made character, I'd still like to make some minor changes in attire choice and some appearance related stuff, mainly because I can't really get into the mood to write if I end up finding the character's appearance to be unmatched with how I see him/her... That being said, I still have to see the character, so that may be unnecessary in the end.

You'll have to shoot me a PM of course (unless you have already and I'm not there yet in checking my notifs DARN MY POPULARITY)

Oh yeah, Maya Angelou!

Same to you~! :)

Users who are viewing this thread