• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Ultimate story Omniverse- The Human Forge: Fanning the Flame

Characters
Here
Suddenly Oni was above him “don’t I?” He crashes down on top of Tri leaving him in a crater. “Playing dead requires a lot more patience then that.”

*Tri just smirked ashe tleported away, but saying one last thing* You really need to work on not underestimating me.......... you failed that class

“I believe it is you who is underestimating me, I’ve not even shown my full power yet, and if you return, you will see first hand, the power that killed a dark angel.”

The wall closes back up behind them, and, once they get to the bottom of the stairs, they are greeted by a very large single room. Across from them, alight and in a glass case, is Captain Strong's suit, its blue and yellow popping against the darker other parts of the room. John flips on a light switch. The room lights up and around you can see various weapons on various racks. Anything from large arms to small arms. On a rack to the side, there are three katana with runes etched into the blade. There is also a big screen, powered by a massive computer. "Welcome, Strong. It's been a while." The female computerized voice rings out. "It's not Strong, Vel, it's John. You know Strong is dead." The computer is quiet. "What can I do for you today, John?" He thinks for a moment. "Show me everything Strong has on the demon Oni." A page is brought up. It's nothing either of them didn't already know.

Suzanne sighs “well, crap, we’re no closer then we were before. Any other ideas? Because I have none.” She finds herself looking at the swords.

Just then, there is a ding of notification that comes from the computer. "John, Strong has received an e-mail." Vel says. "Please, open the e-mail." The screen fills with a note. It read: "John Wagner, we have been watching you. You seem very capable, like your mother and father. We know what Oni's plans are, and believe you contain the potential to defeat him. I can help you realize that potential. My name is Gustav Bleiker, and I live alone in my hermitage in the Alpine Region of Switzerland, but I will be visiting Opal City for a more formal introduction. I wish you well." John's mouth was agape after reading the message.

"I suppose." Just then, the entrance opens. It's the bartender, Lawrence. He is holding a mug with a light violet liquid in it. He hands it to John. "Thanks." John says, before downing the beverage in one gulp. He stands of straight for the first time since the fight with Oni. He turns to Suzanne. "I'm gonna stay here for a while. There's an old cot in the closet, I'll sleep there." He says. "I don't want you coming with me to Switzerland. I have a bigger favor to ask of you."

"While I'm gone, crime won't stop. Oni and his gang, plus whatever group was robbing the bank and collecting human blood won't stop. You're the only capable person I know and trust." He takes Strong's pager out of his pocket and gives it to her. "This is Strong's pager. The police will alert you if they require a Super's assistance."

“Oh. You’re trusting me with this? We’ve only known each other for a few days.” She says confused.

Amber sits in her alleyway, by now she had finished all of her food and felt hungry again. She didnt know what to do. Did she need to steal again? or maybe she could get help from that superhero guy. She wasn’t sure if she trusted him or not yet. When he encountered her last he seemed friendly and didnt seem to have any ill intentions.

She decides not to press the button. Her hunger was already eating at her. And she didnt know if the button worked. She needed food now.

15 minutes later there was a call on the police radio for a shoplifting again. Same area.

"I've known everyone else for less. Like I said, you're the only one I know. I can't leave the city defenseless, not with what's going on." He hears the radio. "I'm gonna go check that out. I've gotta get some food for the next couple of days anyways. I'll see ya in a bit, I suppose." He takes his leave, and heads to the store. This time, he was already looking for the little girl.

She looks at the pager for a bit, he barely knows her yet he gave her this responsibility, no one’s ever trusted her that much before, not even the guys she used to date. Was she......getting a crush on him? She blushes at the thought and walks out of the building.

Amber was sitting in her alleyway alone, this time eating from a bag of granola and drinking from a small jug of strawberry milk. She heard noise behind her and immediately went into a defensive stance turning around. It was John. She calmed her stance a little

“You again?”, she spoke to him, “Im sorry, I didnt press the button... but I honestly didn’t expect you to show up...”

John had bags in his hands. He had already been to the store. He was walking fine now, but his face was still swollen and he was still cut up. The wounds were already healing thanks to the tonic Lawrence gave him. He sat down beside her, and took out this time an Italian sub and gave it to her. He took one out for himself as well. He unwrapped it and bit into it eagerly. "These are my favorite." He told her.

Amber looked at his cuts, bruises, and swollen face with wide eyes. She noticed his skin was charred. “What happened to you?”, she accepted the sandwich and started eating small bites. Staring at him intently, she tried to get a feel for what his emotions currently were.

John chuckles. "This is nothing to worry about little one. Just a couple of scrapes, another day on the job." He says. "How have you been? I thought I told you to press the button if you needed help."

How have you been... this isnt a question that Amber had ever been asked before. She didnt really know how to respond, “Yesterday I had to eat a mouse...raw..”, she seemed sickened by the thought of it, “I almost pressed it. I really wanted to, but I didn’t think you would come... How did you know I took stuff again?”

"Because the police know." He says. Yes, there were some things he wanted to hide from the girl, like the fact he had fought a demon and lost, but he also wanted her to know some facets of the real world. "But that doesn't matter." He says. "If you need help, press the button, and you will get help. I can promise you that." He took a deep breath, and a bite of his sandwich.

Amber stands up and looks him in the eyes. They turn blue for a moment. She could tell that he was hiding something, but didn’t exactly know what. She could also sense that she could trust him, “so, how does the button work?”, she makes it emerge from her hand, “do I just press it and you teleport to me, or do I have to wait for you to show up?”

"You press it, and it sends a signal to a device that I have at home. It tells me exactly where you are, and it also tells me which of the buttons was pressed, so I will always know it is you." He said. "What's your name?"

She thinks for a second, it had been a few years since she had been asked that, “Amber”, she replies, “what can I call you?” She takes another bite of her sandwich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back