• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Ultimate story Omniverse- The Human Forge: Fanning the Flame

Characters
Here
"John." He said, not feeling like he needed to tell her his full title. "You know, if you need another place to stay, I can arrange that." He said. "It must be bad, living out here. I couldn't do it."

Amber wasnt sure she trusted him enough to accept the offer yet, “I dont know...”, she looks down, “it is very bad... I...”, she thinks about the things she’s had to do on the streets over the last few years and her eyes turn a deep blue. She starts to cry a little and moves her arm up to her face to wipe the tears, “I need to think...”, she takes another bite of her sandwich as tears run all over it.

John looked at her. He was very concerned. He pulled her into an embrace. Given what he had told her, where she lived, and what she had to do, he thought she had never been hugged before. He felt a great sympathy for the child. She was like him in a lot of ways - orphaned and alone. "It's okay, little one."

She accepted the hug by standing there and feeling the embrace, she didn’t know what to do in the situation, he was right, this had been her first hug. She just kinda stood there eating her sandwich, “what is this?” She didnt even know what a hug was, though it was pleasant. She curiously looked at the bag of food he had brought with him. Thinking it might be all he had she reached out to him the bag of granola, “do you want some?”

He chuckles and lets her go. "Thank you, but no. It's yours, and, if you want to know, I've paid for it already, so you didn't really steal it either. And, by the way, that was a hug. It's a means of displaying affection or that you care about them."

“Oh... okay!”, Amber’s eyes turn green, “so, If I want to see you, I just need to push the button? Or is it just for when I need you?” She looks at the button again, “cus I want to see you more, but I don’t wanna have to do something bad first...”

"You press the button, and I will come." He says reassuringly. He knew that he would be gone for the next little while, but maybe she didn't need to know that. He didn't know.

John stands up. "Think about my offer. I would love to get you out of this place." He pats her on the head in a loving way, mussing up her hair, and takes his leave. He returns back to the base with his food. His cuts are already scabbed over and healing, and his bruises have gone from purple to yellow. The swelling in his face is gone. He might not be able to fan the flame for a bit, but at least he wouldn't be injured.

Suzanne went back to her apartment, she set the pager on a table and just sat there, waiting for it to go off. She never thought about doing this, waiting for something to go wrong just so she could fix it, yet there she was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back