• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Uknown Crisis (pbta)

"YEAH!" Lihya follows up, invisible hands on their invisible hips.
"You mean- this stuff?" Goody asks aloud for the kids benefit, picking up a jar of un-lizards.
"PUT BRITNEY SPEARS DOWN!"
The invisible eight year old then decided to bull rush and tackle the knees of a full grown Jiaan shock trooper. There was a moment or two as he fell backward into the pit where it crossed his mind that he wasn't the most mature person. And maybe he should work on that. And then hit the bottom of the archeology pit with a harmless thud as Lihya Pound his face plate with little fist. He decided to play dead.

"Look what you've done, Goody. You're getting your ass handed to you by an eight year old. Shake my fuckin' head."

Stopscreamingitsme: [This is what peak Jiaan Performance looks like] he texted Jackie on the tacnet. [maybe they wont see me if I don't move]

Well today was going just great. Lurking behind the main party (Goody. Mostly Goody) Octavia took her time combing through the forest sensing that the bushes were likely much less dangerous then anything more likely to be relevant. The pillars proved opportunistic though, and she instantly scuttled up one to engage in them further. If they were similar to most buildings, there had to be an on button somewhere. It was how she would design a eventually ruined city. Staying far away from the stressers below she hopped between the pillars with her dendrites, searching for some port or button she could interface with. All she found was a confirmation that they were resin, and probably fabricated resin. Hopefully they had computers. Finally she had to admit that there was nothing and she was getting more and more scared of the ever encroaching dread around the pit. She quivered, the jian like architecture, Mutt (Kind sweet Mutt who was very scary but who she kinda wanted to be friends with?) was being affected in a very scary way which. Why not the children? Ocatavia knew many kinds of fear,but the fact that the kids were engaged in several forms of shenanigans meant they were not disturbed? Interesting had their invisibility affected their minds? Were they inoculated? Or was this a adult fear. Very interesting. Very Scary. The Children were not scared of goody and Goody was very scary! What other thing could they not be scared of?! In her panic she did something desperate, hoping the ruins would react much as her usual buildings did. With a Swift hiss she easily freehanded her tag on the top of a pillar, leaned back, and simultaneously hoped and feared the eventual arrival of the cops.

No invisible objects or life, aside from children. No spread. So what triggered it? Eggsy wasn't sure. And as Goody began looting the children's ill gotten gains, his focus was elsewhere. But Yuri didn't have blind spots, and the speaker went in all directions. So when Goody vanished, it didn't take him long to catch it. He went in the pit. He turned invisible. Echolocation kept pinging him.

"Goody, stop! You're not visible anymore. Sonar's still pinging you, though. I think you stumbled on the source."

He said, turning Yuri's good eye on him. Yep, invisible. Still pinged on sonar. Something in that pit did that to him.

"Goody, I'm going to bring Yuri in close to investigate. If you lose visual on him, stop me."

He said, floating the drone down towards the pit. Down into the pit. Ever so slowly...

Eggsy brought his robotic body down to the base of the pit and staid so very visible as Goody and the others watched.

Goody had just hauled himself and the child out the pit and plopped her down. "I'm invisible?" goody signed to Mutt. Who didn't answer because he was invisible.

"I'm in invisible?" He asked allowed. He walked over and gave Jackie who was closest to him and one fingers shove.

Jackie, who was wholly not paying any attention to anything beyond listening for hostiles from within the ruins and the jungle. She doesn't notice most of the exchange, trying to shake the intense feeling of dread from the old walls.

A finger jabs into her side, very much not the finger of a young child, and Jackie yelps and just about jumps out of her skin, suddenly brought back to the middle of everything. Her hand crushes the finger tight, bending it back until she comes back to reality to realize everything that's occurred, leading her to realize that she is attempting to break Goody's finger.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Goody. Don't startle the lady with the murder reflex. Fuck. I mean, fuck - I mean, shit - I mean -"

Goody yelped.
He made an entire organic noise. Like a puppy being stepped on if that puppy lived deep inside a tin can. He pulled his hand back and staggered back three steps. He had a high pain tolerance by nature but Jackie had tried to break his fingers by instinct and he wasn't certain she hadn't.
"I was testing if you could see me," He says with the artificial voice. He could pick something more natural sounding, something that could convey nuance, but he doesn't so the hurt doesn't make it into his voice. He's a fan of rough housing but legitimetly scaring her and being hurt for being scary hit something deep and juvenile in him.

Jackie takes a deep breath, clenching her hands into fists then flexing them, "I did not," Jackie says, keeping her voice level. Being the scary one was always a forte of hers, even when she was soft in the face from youth, but the very sudden space between her and the invisible Goody clues her in that she scared the absolute shit out of Goody, "Sorry. I guess getting jumped by people with murder intent since being a munchkin actually has psychological effects. Shout out to my therapist for getting the last laugh."

She shakes out her hands, trying to shake away the sensation that her heart crawled up into her throat, heart pounding, like this was life or death, in order to flood her entire body with enough adrenaline to let her throw a car. "I didn't mean to scare you. You just startled me good, and I tend to swing when startled. We good, kiddo?"

"I'm fine," He says. And that was mostly true. It was not his trigger finger and he had certainly had worst from people who had really meant it- but maybe the ruins were finaly getting to him becuase the sense that he had fucked up lingered, making the situation feel as though it deserved the gravitas he was suddenly feeling. "I didn't see anything in the pit to make this happen." He added, hopping not to be blamed for everything and kicked out of nasa and sent back home and then mailed back Jiian space and then left on a desolate planet- OH. he thought to himself. I'm panicking. He tried to breath, the ruins did this to people. "Is anyone else just....anxious as hell right now? Can we go?"

“I told you,” Mutt said, finally getting to his feet with all the grace of an infant giraffe. “I told you it was terrible.” He walked rather like a cat wearing booties, just to impress upon the fact of how much he hated shoes, and bumped gently into Goody, more to reassure himself than to find him. “Let me see,” he said, feeling around until he found Goody’s hand. He was still comfortably solid, so being invisible was alright. Mutt sandwiched Goody’s injured hand between both of his own. “Do you need me to kiss it better? I’m going to kiss it better,” he said, not waiting for Goody’s thoughts on the matter, before giving the broken finger the tiniest kiss. “Now we can go.”

It had been a very long time since Ming-Na had visited a new world. Until recently her life seemed to have fallen into a routine. Nothing was as grand as traveling someplace she'd never been and experiencing a culture she hadn't before encountered.
She accompanied Aurélie and Tezza on their rounds, observing their discussions and interactions intently- when she wasn't distracted by something else. In her circles, Ming was famous for getting separated from her group as she lingered behind or wandered down the wrong path. Though it was what sidetracked her most, she adored visiting with the citizens of Friejt4, and was pleased she'd worn a far more formal and ornate dress than she would while ship-side. There were plenty of little pieces to be traded, and any hairpins, rings, buttons, or ribbons could be replaced; the small treasures she now carried in her handbag she would cherish forever, even after returning to their previous owners.
“Sounds like the idyllic childhood of storybooks,” she commented, pretending not to look as some sweets she’d palmed their latest subject unwrapped themselves and disappeared. “Making friends, exploring, having adventures, finding treasure! And not having to do any paperwork on it, either! Huh, Aurélie?”
Ming-Na accepted the map of the children's paths with great excitement, giving Tezza her brightest smile. “This is wonderful, thank you! I appreciate your thoroughness.” She immediately began to scroll through the data. “Now, when you say ‘retraced’, do you mean just creating a digital map of the footpaths? Or have any adults actively walked these routes themselves? I ask because I’d hate to invade any of the kids’ private hidey-holes, but I wonder if it’s something they’ve hidden that’s causing all this.”
At Tezza's comment, however, Ming's face fell somewhat. "Which isn't to insinuate I thought, or NASA thinks, that you haven't already researched to the best of your ability." She stepped closer to Tezza and reached out, not quite touching her elbow.
"I know there's a lot happening, especially with us showing up and asking so many questions. If you need a break or anything, please let us know." Her smile returned. "Nobody's gotten hurt and the kids are all doing fine, so there's no need to rush. We have time to take a breather if we need it."
She dug into one of the deep pockets of her skirt, retrieved a carefully-wrapped paper package of little candies, and offered it to the ambassador. "Would you like a jelly baby?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back