• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Uknown Crisis (pbta)

TrashRabbit

probably from space
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Unknown Crisis Team Nine​

The reboot of the forum rp of the same name. This game will be using a severely altered powered by the apocalypse hack of Eclipse Phase. If you would like to look at the engine or character stats please feel free to message me as they are stored off site! we start the game in media res as we originally started elsewhere.

• Friejt4 is a small planet with a single gen ship colony. Friejt4, like friejt1,2,3 all contain closely related life forms and identical ruins. This system was once colonized by a now extinct culture and has been the source of scientific curiosity since the colony made contact with the rest of space faring humanity fifteen years ago. Friejt4 exists on the very fringe of frontier space- it would usually be a journey requiring cryo and several years journey- however......

“Attention all good little boys and girls, others, stowaways and weirdos~” Sang a voice over the coms. Captain Phobos had a habit (that his long time crew seemed to delight in) of long winded sing song announcements that usually put an edge of fear into a civilized persons nervous system. The ship had undocked from Chekov'sSpaceship nearly fourteen hours ago and gone into an unusual orbit of the neighboring sun. News that NASA had given the ship an assignment had spread like wild fire. “~ If you would all do me the great KINDNESS of paying attention for a moment we are about to Jump. If you have never jumped before, I advise sitting down. No need to stow cargo! Get ready!-” he then repeated get ready in every language he knew instead of doing a count down.

It was something of an urban legend that NASA possessed worm hole tech- some teleportation system similar to that which allowed the Jiaan War ships to blip into low atmo with terrifying accuracy. The ship's power went down, and the hull began to shake and vibrate underscored by an almost invisible sound turning into a mental static noise. And then- a feeling of motion, a heavy gforce, a sense of dread, vision and sense blinking out for a moment that seemed quick or slow. The feeling that you'd forget what you were doing- It happens twice more and the unpleasantness is over with no lingering affects, a just a bleary unpleasant memory.

“Attention, the Jumps are complete. Not so bad. Right?”
---

Friejt4 is a small planet with a single gen ship colony. Friejt4, like friejt1,2,3 all contain closely related life forms and identical ruins. This system was once colonized by a now extinct culture and has been the source of scientific curiosity since the colony made contact with the rest of space faring humanity fifteen years ago. Friejt4 exists on the very fringe of frontier space- it would usually be a journey requiring cryo and several years journey even with the best long distance engines the federation has to offer. UC9 however has moved from one side of known space to the other in an instant- using a technology you are unfamiliar with.

Duke collects the field team into the meeting room, a oval room with interfaces designed for collaborating and holo projecting into the air above the table. The mission sounds almost comically simple; The children of Friejt4 are turning invisible- preliminary medical examines indicate the children are healthy and a myriad of test results are available for the team to ponder. An in depth exenoplanetary bio is available of the planet gathered by the colonists themselves as well as a cultural overview of the people of Friejt; notable they do not gender their children until puberty and their gen ship left from mars. The ship lands outside of the major outpost and sets up HQ, which involves a series of small grey tents- including a makeshift med tent. Security and decontamination between the inside and outside of UC9 is more intense than perhaps the team anticipated. Entering the ship while on mission is a bit of a process and cannot be done quickly save for in cases of extreme emergency- however its fairly easy to get something sent out to you.

The planet itself is full of red foliage and dark blue green rock outcroppings, and skittering things that are best described as lizards with centipedes legs. It is not the most foreign habitable planet, but it is uncanny and the atmosphere feels thin helium content has a very slight affects on the teams vocal chords. The planetary bio warns of several common extreme allergies and the typical anaphylactic reaction of consuming anything without the proper augmentations. Gravity is slightly heavier than earth normal.

The Friejt4 ambassador, a tall dark woman in bright airy blue silks arrives at the med tent in the late afternoon and shakes Duke's hand, ze introduces the team and ambassador Teza. Tezza struggles to control the behavior of the two invisible children with her, who seem very pleased to use their invisibility to try to open cupboards and bother the team. The younger quieter one is named Glend and the other, bolder one who gigles as they atempt to misbehave is Yihya. Tezza sighs wearily as if the social impact of having invisible children is much more upsetting than not knowing the cause she shrugs and seems to admit defeat in scolding the children.

A little invisible hand tries to pull open a pocket on Jackie's belt- -

Last edited:
“Attention all good little boys and girls, others, stowaways and weirdos~” Sang a voice over the coms. Captain Phobos had a habit (that his long time crew seemed to delight in) of long winded sing song announcements that usually put an edge of fear into a civilized persons nervous system. The ship had undocked from Chekov'sSpaceship nearly fourteen hours ago and gone into an unusual orbit of the neighboring sun. News that NASA had given the ship an assignment had spread like wild fire. “~ If you would all do me the great KINDNESS of paying attention for a moment we are about to Jump. If you have never jumped before, I advise sitting down. No need to stow cargo! Get ready!-” he then repeated get ready in every language he knew instead of doing a count down.

It was something of an urban legend that NASA possessed worm hole tech- some teleportation system similar to that which allowed the Jiaan War ships to blip into low atmo with terrifying accuracy. The ship's power went down, and the hull began to shake and vibrate underscored by an almost invisible sound turning into a mental static noise. And then- a feeling of motion, a heavy gforce, a sense of dread, vision and sense blinking out for a moment that seemed quick or slow. The feeling that you'd forget what you were doing- It happens twice more and the unpleasantness is over with no lingering affects, a just a bleary unpleasant memory.

“Attention, the Jumps are complete. Not so bad. Right?”
---

Friejt4 is a small planet with a single gen ship colony. Friejt4, like friejt1,2,3 all contain closely related life forms and identical ruins. This system was once colonized by a now extinct culture and has been the source of scientific curiosity since the colony made contact with the rest of space faring humanity fifteen years ago. Friejt4 exists on the very fringe of frontier space- it would usually be a journey requiring cryo and several years journey even with the best long distance engines the federation has to offer. UC9 however has moved from one side of known space to the other in an instant- using a technology you are unfamiliar with.

Duke collects the field team into the meeting room, a oval room with interfaces designed for collaborating and holo projecting into the air above the table. The mission sounds almost comically simple; The children of Friejt4 are turning invisible- preliminary medical examines indicate the children are healthy and a myriad of test results are available for the team to ponder. An in depth exenoplanetary bio is available of the planet gathered by the colonists themselves as well as a cultural overview of the people of Friejt; notable they do not gender their children until puberty and their gen ship left from mars. The ship lands outside of the major outpost and sets up HQ, which involves a series of small grey tents- including a makeshift med tent. Security and decontamination between the inside and outside of UC9 is more intense than perhaps the team anticipated. Entering the ship while on mission is a bit of a process and cannot be done quickly save for in cases of extreme emergency- however its fairly easy to get something sent out to you.

The planet itself is full of red foliage and dark blue green rock outcroppings, and skittering things that are best described as lizards with centipedes legs. It is not the most foreign habitable planet, but it is uncanny and the atmosphere feels thin helium content has a very slight affects on the teams vocal chords. The planetary bio warns of several common extreme allergies and the typical anaphylactic reaction of consuming anything without the proper augmentations. Gravity is slightly heavier than earth normal.

The Friejt4 ambassador, a tall dark woman in bright airy blue silks arrives at the med tent in the late afternoon and shakes Duke's hand, ze introduces the team and ambassador Teza. Tezza struggles to control the behavior of the two invisible children with her, who seem very pleased to use their invisibility to try to open cupboards and bother the team. The younger quieter one is named Glend and the other, bolder one who gigles as they atempt to misbehave is Yihya. Tezza sighs wearily as if the social impact of having invisible children is much more upsetting than not knowing the cause she shrugs and seems to admit defeat in scolding the children.

A little invisible hand tries to pull open a pocket on Jackie's belt- -
Ming-Na stood against the wall of the tent, Wonton perched on her shoulder, watching her superiors make introductions. As she waited for her turn to greet the ambassador, she gave her pet a scratch under her chin. They studied the invisible children and their playful chaos- or rather, the aftermath thereof, since neither android nor loris could see the kids any more than their human counterparts.
“Here’s an idea, my sweet,” Ming murmured. “I have a lot of questions for Tezza, and she seems… distracted.”
Wonton mimicked Yihya’s mischievous giggles and Ming smiled, sensing she may have drawn their attention. She picked her loris up, moving to put her on the floor where she could roam freely. “Why don’t you play with the kiddos and keep them occupied while I speak with the ambassador? See if you can learn anything about them, especially their experiences the past few days.”
A set of quiet footsteps approached Wonton. Though not very tall herself, Ming-Na crouched a little and waved, looking where she hoped was approximately a child’s height. “You guys can play with her if you want,” she said. “This is Wonton. She loves vocabulary games; maybe you can teach her some new words?”
“A, B, C, D!” Wonton agreed.
There was a quiet, astonished laugh, which the loris joined in on. Perhaps this was the other child, then, Ming wondered. Wonton galloped off, presumably following Glend, as the two were already chattering away at each other.
Ming-Na stepped forward, smiling broadly as she gave her neatest bow. “Ambassador, it’s a joy to meet you! Thank you for the warm welcome, although I think we all wish it were under better circumstances.”

Jacqueline "Jackie" Sapienti

Contrary to popular belief, Jackie is fond of young, aspiring gremlins. Every gremlin has to start somewhere - Jackie started in pick pocketing the various thugs in her father's service, or snatching various shiny things and watching with absolute delight as they scrambled to find it. Always got her an ass-whooping afterwards for giving them so much grief for her own amusement, but it also spawned her entire career.

Then again, that career was, admittedly, mostly murder.

And, additionally, Jackie has spent too much time around compulsive thieves to be done in by the small, too clumsy hand of a child.

Barely thinking, Jackie's hand strikes out like a viper - it wraps tight around a tiny, invisible wrist, spawning a high yelp of a child that was too sure of themselves getting caught with a hand in the cookie jar.

"Next time, pequeño diablo," Jackie drawls, "don't try to pick the pocket of the one carrying the most weapons."

Releasing the wrist of the child, Jackie crouches down with a smirk, jerking her head in the direction of the other UC9 members, "You've gotta scope out your target first. Always go for the one you know you can outsmart. Or the one you know you can outrun. I'm neither of those. Good try, though."

Glend scoops Wonton up, the loris floating in mid air, swaddled like a baby- Glend is bouncing on their toes as they begin to recite an old children's poem to the creature.
Tezza smiles at Ming-Na, the gesture endearing her to the android immediately. There is nothing like Ming-Na on Friejt4 but Tezza had been chosen as an ambassador for her unbridled Curiosity for things off world and her eyes shone with a hundred unasked questions of her own as Ming-Na greeted her.
"Warm wlecomes to you as well! Not the most fortunate but it does appear the children remain in good health and we must have an invisible generation then really their health is what is most important," she said wtih the upmost optimism. She spared a glance to glend who was cooing and sining to Wonton;
"Apple Bottom Jeans~" Glend sang to the loris.
"Boots with the fur~" Wonton sang back in their own voice.

Meanwhile Out of sight from the real adults:
Yihya's fear filled them up so intensely that they hardly breathed as Jackie proclaimed them pequeño diablo.
"Are you?" they asked almost reverently a "A Jedi?" And then after another small gasp in almost a whisper, "Will. You. Teach me? I could be the best Padawan Diablo." The earnesty in their voice was crushing.

Last edited:
Octavia was on the ceiling, cleverly hiding the fact that she was incredibly scared of the tiny invisible children on the ground. Deftly she holds herself where the little ones could not possibly reach her as she once again survives by hiding. Her fears are confirmed by the fact that Jackie had nearly been pick pocketed. "Need a distraction... Something to misdirect. Can still hear and smell you..." She muttered as her dendrites kept her on the tent's ceiling, gripping for dear life
But the thought of committing crime brought her back to the present, where she had seen the ruins of the culture, and the similarities it shared with bio-tech she was more familier with terrified of. "Uh-uh-um...I...A-A-A-re there o-o-other Invisble things o-o-or ch-ch-children?" She asked the ambassador, doing her best to not look at where the translucent threats were.

Tezza looked up slowly, to catch sight of Octavia. She looks alarmed for a moment, but then smiles and answers, "So far only our Children have been affected, no wildlife or adults. Twelve chidlren total, ages 4-9, all living locally here in the Valley--" she looked like she wanted to ask Octavia a hundred thousand questions of her own but bit them back. There would be time for that, she needed to her job now though, and her job was to answer, not ask questions.

Mutt fidgeted next to Goody, standing on his feet as if he could override the claustrophobic feeling of shoes with extra pressure. They hadn't let him leave the ship without shoes. Something about safety, and containment, but all Mutt cared about was the pinched, sweaty way his feet felt in his boots. He stuck his hands in the pockets of his orange NASA jacket, feeling like he was as trapped in his body as his feet were in their boots, and leaned into Goody.
"What are we even here for?" he asked softly, more into Goody's shoulder than his ear. "The kids are right there?" He gestured at the one near Jackie, and then at the more obvious one hoisting Wonton. "They aren't lost?"

Jacqueline "Jackie" Sapienti

"Jedis wish they were me," Jackie whispers conspiratorially, "But, since you show so much promise - I accept you as my padawan." Jackie sits cross legged on the ground, her crouching position putting both her legs to sleep. "So, I will divulge some of my secrets, but only if you divulge some of yours; namely, how you and all your friends became invisible. Deal?"

"Not until I'm a Jedi."

Jackie hangs her head, sighing in exasperation, and knows there is a petulant little frown on this devil without even having the capacity to see them. Jackie purses her lips, trying to think of another angle, but hears the thump-thump-thump sound of the kid tapping their foot impatiently. She has more than enough experience with her kids to know an explosion of naughtiness is going to occur if she doesn't adhere by their conditions for once, "You're not gonna budge on that, are you?"

"And give it away so that you can go home without teaching me? Nope!" The kid made a very cute pop noise with their mouth on the 'p'.

"You drive a hard bargain."

"My papa says I'll make a good negotiator."

"I'm sure you would, kiddo," Jackie shakes her head in astonishment at herself for getting bamboozled by a child, but extends her hand to shake on it, "Agreed. I'll train you to rob people blind, and then you'll tell me what made you invisible. Deal?"

Jackie can hear the grin in the kid's voice as she feels a tiny hand shake hers, "Deal."

Last edited:
Aurélie Rochefort​

In all her time of mastering her craft as a bio-augmentation engineer, Aurélie Rochefort had never thought to try augmenting herself before.

As it so often does in matters of invention, necessity prompted Aurélie to prepare her lab for augmenting herself: invisible children, made that way through some mechanism unknown to the colonists of Friejt4, would require enhanced senses in order to perceive, let alone attend to. Aurélie had looked over the reports - healthy children, with some genetweaks to adapt them to the planet's conditions, - having nothing too out of the ordinary and certainly no bio-augmentation for true invisibility(!!!!!) that Aurélie was aware of. It puzzled her, how these children had been seemingly gifted not merely with camouflage - not a difficult thing to engineer, with the addition of chromataphores and a neurology that could support it - but with invisibility - total imperceptibility on all wavelengths of the spectrum known to humanity! It was remarkable, and Aurélie just about bounced in her lab as the possibilities began to blossom in her imagination.

There is always some anxiety about a medical procedure: even with much of the process automated by nanites - elegant and revolutionary machinery that far too much of humanity was still fearful of - altering things as complex as living organisms introduces so many variables that risk is unavoidable, and even with the strides made in medical technology, the consequences of those risks breaking bad must be borne by the body that chanced them. It is well and good for Aurélie to attend to a procedure on someone else, safe and comfortable at the controls as her charges float in tanks with nanites working away at them - but now she was going to be the one going into the tank. If the children were imperceptible visually, then Aurélie would have to rely on another sense to detect them: she had administered augmented hearing treatments to others in the past - stretching the range of hearing to ultrasonic and subsonic ranges, incorporating neurology to allow the human mind to process such new sounds, optimizing the structure of the ear to capture sounds and even incorporating some musculature to allow the ears to be attenuated - but she made sure to triple-check her designs and genetweaks, knowing her own hearing hung in the balance. Just in case, Aurélie decided to augment her vision with additional photoreceptors to stretch her perception of light into ranges far beyond the visual spectrum, as well as additional tweaks to allow her mind to process and present the additional data; if the children's invisibility beat even that, it could still prove useful to have in other ways.

Now that she stands beneath the sky of Friejt4, breathing the helium-tinted atmosphere, beholding the full spectrum of light issuing from the star it orbits and taking in a rich panoply of sound hitherto undreamed of, Aurélie smiles.

Not only is this world resplendent in colors she could not have imagined before, but with her new and improved eyes that shift in color as they resolve their way up and down the spectrum, Aurélie can even see the faint lights of stars that would have otherwise been drowned out by Friejt4's mother star. She can see traces of a light redder than red given off by the living things of this world, she can watch the play of lights more purple than purple bring forth colors unimaginable prior, and - while sure enough, unable to see little Yihya and Glend - can even spot the traces where their footsteps have disturbed the dirt. Her hearing, too, has opened a new world to her: calls by organisms that would have otherwise been imperceptible, the faintest traces of scuttling creatures on the ground from far away, and - to her triumph - the precise sounds of the children, who for all their astonishing invisibility still make plenty of noise. Even if the exact nature of their incredible cloaking escapes her, this excursion has already been worth it: it takes the high yelp of a child to wrench her back to the present from a reverie of imagining possibilities, building on the foundation she has already laid... becoming more.

"The children are healthy, but the visual imperceptibility that has manifested within them could risk long-term complications we couldn't even begin to imagine," Aurélie answers for Goodwin, "to say nothing of whether or not it is communicable, inheritable, a spontaneous manifestation of some dormant potential or something more...intentionally cultivated."

Aurélie glances at a ruin of the culture that proceeded humanity's time on this world - a looming spire, built of some material like stone or metal but worn down by untold ages. Her gaze lingers on it for just a moment as a thought finds space in her mind and settles there. It would be irresponsible to leap to any conclusions without more evidence, but the hypothesis that she spins from the natural speculations that attend this idea seems like a good enough place to start.

"My looking into the initial investigations of the reports on the children yielded little insight into whether their newfound ability to defy of physics as we know it is biological or artificial," Aurélie says to Tezza, quietly delighting in how she can process all the chatter, all the hollering of excited children, and the vast range of ambient sounds of this world with ease. "With your permission, I would like to collect biological samples from the children to run my own tests on; I am a highly trained and accredited bioscientist, and the collection would be minimally invasive - just enough to be able to collect samples for my own investigation. As well, information on the children's lifestyles - nutrition, exercise, rhythms of life, places they frequent - would also be helpful, along with a timeline of when their imperceptibility began to manifest, any data that might have been left out of the initial reports could be useful in pointing the way toward the answers we seek."

"Finally," Aurélie says, glancing again at the worn alien spire, "any information on any xeno-archaeological sites within scampering distance of a more concrete nature - composition, anomalous readings, that sort of thing - may also be of assistance. I suspect my investigation will keep me occupied for a time, as I wish to be thorough in unraveling this enigma."

Upon hearing the "old children's poem" Glend and Wonton were singing, Ming-Na laughed loudly. "It's a great relief to hear the children are all well in spite of the recent excitement- and have extremely healthy imaginations, too.” She mused to the gathered adults, “the only reason it’s been fewer than a hundred years since I’ve heard that is because I recently attended the wedding of a few big classic music lovers.”
Ming stepped forward to peer out the tent at the landscape, curious what Aurélie had seen there. “I must agree with Dr. Rochefort’s concerns, however, about the development and spread of all this. Your hands are very full, Ambassador, I’m sure-” Turning her attention back inside, Ming-Na eyed where Jackie sat on the floor and appeared to be having a conversation with Yihya. “-So at your convenience, what I’m really curious about is what the kids were up to in the last few days before our arrival; especially where they may have been and what contact they had with one another. It seems to me, if we find a common denominator there we may find a common cause. And if we find the cause, we should presumably be able to find a way to reverse it.”
Over the course of history, a verse or two from that epic work Low (feat. T-Pain) may have been dropped (at least from the “child-friendly” version). Overhearing Wonton teaching Glend one of those forgotten lyrics diverted the android’s attention once more. “Hey!” she snapped her fingers and pointed at the loris. “Wonton! Not appropriate.”
It did not appear to occur to Ming that pointing out that those words were off-limits would make the kids far more interested in learning what they were. Wonton cackled a maniacal little laugh.

Eggsy had been largely ignored by the children and adults. That was fine-Yuri certainly looked like just a scientific tool. A drone to take samples and survey area. He liked the attention being on the others. But it didn’t make seeing the invisible children any easier. As reports indicated, visible light and thermal signatures didn’t reveal the locations of the children. But that’s why he brought the echolocation speaker. He turned it on, and a low harmonic began ringing in the background. It adjusted for pitch and frequency briefly before the shapes of children appeared and sharpened in his visual overlay.

“Aha! I can see them!... Well, scientifically speaking Echolocation isn’t the same as sight, but I can detect the children. Rest assured, Octavia. They’re only two children. Nothing else in this room is invisible. Though... You’re right, it isn’t safe to assume that this is isolated to children! Local wildlife could be affected, and if this spreads, the ecological impact could be incredible... I’m going to begin reconnoitering the ruins.”

He said, turning to float through the window and only briefly looking around town-only children invisible-before making his way to the grave of a long dead civilization. The ruins were beautiful. The crystals, amber in color, were translucent. Seven spires, rising up to a ring. It was easy to see why Octavia assumed that there was a hard light roof. He still believed it possible that the other materials were simply less durable than the crystal, and rotted away or something. But everything was visible. Nothing here was hidden. His sonar found nothing that his eyes couldn’t find. He radioed back.

“No signs of any other invisible life forms or structures. Not yet, at least. Should I return?”

Last edited:
Gend giggled and repeated the raunchier part of the song under their breath like they had just learned an invaluable secret.
"Of course," Tezza said to Aurelie. She only felt a little over whelmed as she began to answer questions as she began her duties as an ambassador. She lead Ming and Aurelie into the settlement which blended AR and 3d printing into a high tech neo primitive living arrangement which was not at all uncommon among their time periods generation ships.
"Our children are given a lot of free time and the ability to roam, our local mesh allows them to call for an adult easily and to find lost children. The various ruins around the valley are common play spots, though we've had archeologists of our own and from off world come poke around and there has never been anything viable in them." She laid out the time frame of the last couple weeks, from the first child Lihya to the most recent child to sub comb being Glend. She guided them in tracking down these invisible children at play around town to collect samples, doing her best to explain the NASA scientist to her peers as well as explain various politeness customs- such as the frequent exchange of personal items as greeting and farewell, which often involved trading back before departure. Gend had at some point disappeared to play themselves after being sampled and taken Wonton with him he had only answered questions about the invisibility obliquely seeming to be delighted by the attention and he's ability to be under foot. Even with the invisible children causing a bit of a ruckus for the village life moved on mostly unaltered. Tezza gifted Ming a map of the children's various foot paths, generated in real time over the last few weeks from their gps locations. "We've retraced their steps and found nothing unusual. You must trust us that we investigated fully before we contacted En-Ah Essy," She said pronouncing Nasa wrong.
Now with a body of her own samples to work from and manipulate Aurelie was able to stumble across a break- A shared antibody among the children. The kind of antibody that was usually seen when an immune system tried to fight a nano system it perceived as invasive. Though no sign of any nano machines. She would spend the rest of the day fixated on getting to bottom the of it. [I will give you the reveal when team ruins is done with their scene to preserve the time line! feel free to post more words about this or ask Tezza more questions in the mean time!]

"Being invisible in inconvenient-" Goody added to Aurelies more astute answer to Mutt's query. He had been a little distracted by reading up on the planets exno fauna, and the fact that all of it showed evidence of being bio engineered just like all creatures found on planets with Amber resin people structures on them. He wasn't a scientist but he read the article quietly as decision were made and questions were asked. When Eggsy decided to hit the ruins his interest was piqued. The artificial voice he used over the coms was a smooth generic radio show host that was so against character that it was almost funny. "No. Scout a head. I don't want to be stuck walking around a village all day. Jackie. you think you could talk that little one into showing us where they like to play?" He was looking at the map of local child movement patterns and noticing that they did indeed go to the ruins a lot despite the fact that the ruins were supposed to induce a sort of feeling of dread. The walk from base camp to the ruins wasn't long, and taking up point as came natural to him they got their quickly. Upon entering the largest set of ruins that Eggsy had scouted he felt nothing, blissfully unaffected by the ruins notorious mental side effects. He stands in the center looking up the spires and is struct by the same thought Octavia had as to the similarity to the inner struts of Jiaan Bio-weave buildings. He toes around the underbrush looking for signs of the children; a hide out a hidden treasure, something, anything. He's just killing time mostly, watching Eggsy map the ruins with his echolocation. He finds himself standing in the center of the ring, the exact place the control computer would be if this was a Jiaan spire. He finds it with his foot, a board beneath the turf.
"I got something," he signs, waving to get attention before pulling it up. Beneath it is a dig site and he can see where little bodies have lifted the board enough to sneak beneath. he flips the board up and back with an irreverence that make Lihya gasp at Jackie's side. They have their hands full of treasure stolen from Goody's utility belt; A pen, a pocket knife, a compass that wont stop spinning on the alien magnetics. They were learning quickly under Jackies direction on the walk over. The hole beneath is square and terraced and still has measuring marks from past archeologists hard work. It is also scattered with toys and opalescent rocks, not-lizards in jars, a stash of sling shots and other goodies.
"No no no no," Lihya says in distress, "Jackie no, you're a jedi you have to stop him!"
Goody obliviously makes a sort of pleased tada motion at the site to Mutt.

[everyone at the ruins needs to roll 2d6+will to see if the ruins sense of dread affects you]

Last edited:
"Ta-da," Mutt said for Goody. The feeling of creeping dread was only marginally more easy to bear knowing that something else was causing it. He slid down and picked up a not-lizard jar and peered closely at it, going a little cross eyed from how close he held it. As one of his pupils was permanently blown out, this was slightly unsettling, but also very funny.
"I think we're being hacked. Biologically," he added, with the same sort of casual nonchalance he used to add, "This is a good skitter-thing," about the not-lizard. "I'm not sure who, or how, or why. But it's on purpose. I think. Goody, if I catch one, can I keep it?"

Goody liked to pretend to the rest of the known universe that he was fluent in Mutt-speak, but this was not actually true.
"Hacked?" He signed tensely. He reevaluated the brush filled ruins more critically, they remained alone, nothing had changed as far as he could tell, "Like in our brains or in our bodies?" he asked.

"Brains. Do you not feel the intense overwhelming dread? It is. A lot. But it's not real. It's like. It's like. The ruins want us to get off their lawn," Mutt said. He set the jar back down carefully. "I would like to go home and take my shoes off."

"You are a monster," Mutt signed back. He sat down and started to unlace his shoes, because he had not actually considered removing them until Goody had told him to not.

"!!!!" goody doesn't actaully make a noise nor really sign anything, his hands just go frantic for a second as he descends on Mutt. "We work for NASA!" He says with his terrible talk show host voice, "Shoes stay on." He grabbed his hands trying to stop him.

"Let him remove his fuc- fuckin- god, kid, can I just swear? Is that fine? Yeah, let Mutt take of his shoes. I'm sure the ghosts that are absolutely definitely haunting this place will eat his feet," Jackie pulls the small child into her side, as they are insistently jabbing their fingers into her thigh, "Also, is there a 'no adults allowed rule' for this? Because I can't teach you to be a Jedi if you're afraid of breaking rules."

Lihya whined petuelently at Jackies side, "I'm not afraid of anything!" They told her venomatly, "And that's our stuff, thers a no touching our stuff rule cuase I'm here- PUT THAT BACK," They yell at Mutt moments before the two men break out into a scuffle.

"You aren't my real mom! You can't make me do anything!" Mutt cried in dismay. He tried to flee, but tripped over his freshly untied laces. Goody took advantage and grabbed the closest foot and retied Mutt's boots with far too many knots.

"The Russians got us," Mutt said sadly at the sky. Goody switched feet and Mutt curled his foot all the way up to his chest. "Goody. I will never escape this. You'll have to cut my feet off later. I will file. A report."

"You fucking do that buddy," He said aloud putting a fourth knot into his laces, "You don't go barefoot on alien worlds-" he let go of his other foot and added with his hands, "that's how you get ring worm."

"Okay, Mutt, stop touching shit and I promise you I will use an inconveniently large knife to remove your feet later. Goody, you also cannot touch anything. It's against the law, and Lihya and I will steal your shit if you touch anything else. I'll even give the kid the access codes to the ship. Let's go full Ocean's 8 on these boys if they don't stop touching shit, yeah?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back