• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Uhlrich Syndrome (Superpowers)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Uhlrich Syndrome - a rare disorder related to schizophrenia.

You were diagnosed with Uhlrich Syndrome as a child. At the time little was known of the disease. It was a rare form of schizophrenia that made you too dangerous to be around others. You were committed to a mental ward for life. For any of you, you found yourselves abandoned by your parents.

Fortunately for you, a treatment was found within a few years that allowed you to assume something resembling a normal life. You have to see a therapist every week and are on a strong prescription for anti-psychotics. Most never even responded to the treatments and remained locked away.

It has been 20 years. Despite treatments you are barely functional, leading a mundane life in some mundane, dead end job.

Truth
The truth is that you were born with a superpower. Uhlrich Syndrome is pure fiction - no such thing. When taken into custody you were effectively brainwashed to forget what happened. Every now and then you may have a flash of memory, but your therapist just adjusts your medication and tells you it is a dream. Any sign that you aren’t taking your meds as instructed earns you a lecture about how dangerous that would be.

Characters
Your character would likely have been taken from your parents around age 5-8. Twenty years later would make you somewhere in your 20’s. (You were all taken the same day, but I am aiming for an age range for the group - 20’s.)
Blank CS

This RP will take place in America. No foreign characters.

Powers
No RP breaking powers like time travel, telepathy, etc. No magic. No shapeshifters, undead, aliens. I am looking for more ordinary powers that would have been very evident and that drugs would suppress. Super strength, speed, electrical generation, camouflage, heat generation, regeneration, invulnerability, and such.

Last edited:
Yes I am, though only a couple more. The RP had started. Just about to get the group together. But we are still at a point where I can introduce a couple more. Just might have to fast forward them to the first actual group meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back