• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Uhlrich Syndrome - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I like the idea of the initial reaction coming quite quickly, i.e within a few days, but the gradual growth starts out -very- low. Kinda leaping of what I wrote about 'keeping an eye out for Genesis appearing to have "Eyes in the back of her head"'

Sort of what I had in mind.
Duncan:
Begins with getting shocked by everything he touches.
Then he starts experiences arcs of electricity from outlets. Walking near power junctions becomes a hazard. Cell and car batteries die around him.
Next comes flickering formation of "force field" (if intact, one is bulletproof)
And so forth

I like the idea of taking about a week or two to fully wear off. (A week for normal use, two for feats.) But if drugged again later - a day or so to recover again. In other words, they have built up a tolerance to the drugs, hence the need to keep adjusting ...

Sounds workable, I like the tolerance idea ^^

Genesis progression, as I envision it, would be something aching to:
'Eyes in the neck' / Perception occasional falling out of where her eyes should be to very disorienting effect.
Regaining the ability to control where and when this perception moves, having a hard time controlling whether or not the Geist is exerting force.
Regain ability to flip between 'force' and 'no force', having a hard time keeping the amount of force from being non-random.
And so forth ;)

If I don't hear back from some of our group soon, I'll have Lori contact the next on her list (and assume we've been ghosted - happens a lot). Don't want to hold the active members up with inactivity by the others.

I have a feeling a couple of our people have ghosted before we even got started - including our ghost (LOL!). If we haven't heard from them by tomorrow morning - you two on the bus can start an interaction if you like. If I don't hear from them by Monday, I will re-open the Interest check to bring in more and have Lori take the next steps.

Well, they may have to work the weekend and not be checking Notifs. Real life comes first - school, work, kids, etc.

nohbdy nohbdy Your character might be a good one to meet Duncan. Duncan is a magnet for electrical powers. He attracts them. Basically he needs electrical power to activate his own. He can draw from any electrical source, but once your powers begin to emerge you should start to sense him.

For those who didn't pick up on it, Lori has swapped out the blue pills Duncan and Diane take for fakes.

I was thinking their powers compliment each other as well. maybe their works are close to one another?

Agreed. Funny thing is, I created the power Duncan has a few years ago. I am going to have to find a scene I wrote where he attempted to teleport an 18 wheeler .... Didn't quite go as planned and took a LOT of electricity.

Ah ... well in the book, John Galt is a guy who invented a new kind of motor. In the movies (I think the second), the motor is revealed to be one that draws electricity from the atmosphere.

Folks, I am going to steer my characters towards Daniel ( nohbdy nohbdy ). If the other two are still active, maybe you two can meet up.

Selee-01 Selee-01 was still with us as of yesterday. Maybe the two of you can meet up on the bus.

nohbdy nohbdy I will use both Duncan and Diane. Diane happens to be your basic hippy tree hugger born 60 years too late. I am probably going to have her use Duncan for muscle to grab some things from your shop. (Duncan has a brown thumb that keeps killing her plants....)

Iacentis Iacentis and Selee-01 Selee-01
Do you guys need some help getting going? If so, I can figure something out. Might mean a bit of a fast forward.

To speed things along, I am having Lori sneak into your homes while you are either asleep or off at work - and replacing your medication with fake blue pills. (She is almost professional about it, right down to placing bottle back in the same position and keeping the pill count correct.)

I was thinking about having her possess another homeless person, janitor, or something - or even visit in person in costume. This is easiest at night. Just not sure how to manage this. Together would mean your characters would need an excuse to be together. In other words, one would have to wait on the other where you went for your appointment, then head home.

Maybe I could meet them at a bus stop?

Last edited:
I am also considering changing Diane's power to something more easily identified as dangerous in a child, a poltergeist. The whole reason you were all taken as kids is because you were dangerous. Not many 5 year old girls can rip people's arms out of their sockets. (Reminds me of Princess from Zoom.)

Could fast forwards if need be. Mostly waiting for a response at the moment, might be more fun to have an interaction with Lori rather than just the pill exchange, although that can certainly be made to work as well.

Changing Diane like that would make her vaguely similar to Genesis, which could be fun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back