• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Uhlrich Syndrome - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
About the only reason to use Discord would be for those times when the RPN site has problems.

Oh .. for the record, Lori is going to be the character who starts getting you guys off the meds - starting with Emily - who she will try to get to sneak into the homes of the others and replace their meds with fake meds if all else fails.

Lori is the third character in my set. She is going to be your Professor X until you guys are up and running and able to think straight. As to how you guys get together, we shall see.

Just FYI, I am going to use the NYC area for the RP. Not my favorite place, but it is a classic.

I still need to write up the therapist. The therapist really does have the best intentions - to help you all live a normal life. Some of you did horrible things as children. Imagine the temper tantrums you could all have. Some examples:

Throw the couch (along with the babysitter) when she refuses to let you watch the late show and orders you to bed.

Toss a knife through the mean girl's eye when she and her friends bully you.

Sleepwalk into the street while invisible, suddenly appearing in front of a car when its headlights shine on you. The driver swerves - running you over (harmlessly) and slams into a large oak tree.

Electrocute the bigger kids who won't let you on the monkey bars.

You get the idea. Yes, I was looking for powers that would cause this sort of mayhem. Naturally there were cover ups.

don't have a preference on whether or not we have a discord chat.

i like where this is going.

Can't wait for the *Fun* that'll occur when someone tries to grab Alex. I'm amused by the mental image of him flipping some random guy and going "Wait, what?!"

Last edited:
For those wondering what I meant about the Geist power on Iacentis Iacentis character, here is what the numbers mean (the punch effect is also good, but ... I was being a little more imaginative)

The pressure was about 20 atm or 290 psi. This happens to be the limit of the ISO regulated diver watches. Good reason for that. Now let's imagine the same pressure built up INSIDE an object.

Tire pressure of a typical car - 60 psi. And 18 wheeler - 100 psi.
Inside the human body? Outside is pretty bad, but inside is way worse.

Indeed, went for the most simplistic of explanations.
But yes, that does indeed demonstrate it's more terrifying (and more than likely accident prone) nature, especially when imagined in the hands of a child in the midst of a temper tantrum.

Yep.

Should be a short work day - unless someone left me a truck to take to the shop. Started on a post, just too many distractions to finish. But should get done after work. Still need to do the CS for the therapist. Characters like her will be in the Lore link - which I haven’t created yet.

Will bunny Emily just enough to contact her - as a homeless guy approaching her after work.

Folks, I set the RP in the New York City area. But you can live in New Jersey. Not uncommon for people to commute to work by rail.

I had Lori make first contact with Emmy. Duncan and Diane work at the same recycling plant. (I had some friends who did a job like that long ago.)

Oh, thought of something. And alternative job for the security guy might be Mall Cop. It would place him a job where your path could cross more easily. Just a thought.

Feel free. The post I wrote really just involves Sorley Sorley . The part with Duncan and Diane could be set at any time really. Typical day at work sort of thing. If Emily doesn't take the bait, Lori will look the rest of you up eventually.

The first thing Lori will do - and has already been doing - is to watch you guys through the eyes of random people walking around on autopilot. Ever walk around hardly paying attention to things? Those are the people she uses. Every now and then she may possess one and have them look at you. It can get a little creepy. LOL. You may start to think they are all agents in disguise if you are the paranoid sort.

Will get the therapist CS done this weekend, hopefully tonight. But that depends on me being able to stay awake. She isn’t a bad person and means well. But you know how the saying goes. Road to Hell....

Sounds good, best of luck with staying awake ;)

Is it to presumptuous to assume Selee-01 Selee-01 intended for Alex to be on the same bus as Genesis? ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I made no assumptions about how you guys get around. And up to you guys.

Lori is based in Brooklyn, but never goes out. She is going to help the group once they are ready. We should probably come up with where you guys live and work more exactly. But then that may soon change anyway.

Lol, I created Lori back in a time before I knew the layout of NYC. I always saw her living not far from Central Park and Hell’s Kitchen.

Just so folks know, I do NOT expect books for posts. My scene intro posts do tend to be longer. Heck, I did a ten page post once. But interaction posts tend to get shorter and choppier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back