• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

UEEF - The Shadow Chronicles - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With those two missiles, the last of the Invid in your way to the hive are taken out. Once more, the six of you begin to fly forward towards the hive.

While it is relatively clear in the sky, the ground forces are getting bogged down in tough fighting against the tougher Inorganics. At this point, you can either continue on towards the hive and try to make entry into it, or you can pause to aid your allies on the ground with a few well placed missiles or bombs.

D. Rex D. Rex The call is yours to make. What do yo wish to do?

With those two missiles, the last of the Invid in your way to the hive are taken out. Once more, the six of you begin to fly forward towards the hive.

While it is relatively clear in the sky, the ground forces are getting bogged down in tough fighting against the tougher Inorganics. At this point, you can either continue on towards the hive and try to make entry into it, or you can pause to aid your allies on the ground with a few well placed missiles or bombs.

D. Rex D. Rex The call is yours to make. What do yo wish to do?

By throwing a few bombs or missiles to help the allies, would that require making a detour or losing us any time?

By throwing a few bombs or missiles to help the allies, would that require making a detour or losing us any time?
It would slow you down a bit, but you have time. Either way you wish to go is up to you. It will not cause you to get in trouble from higher up the food chain.

Sherwood Sherwood

Looking at the state of the ground forces, Victor made his decision. Activating the radio he spoke. "Manticore Squadron to ground forces. We have the chance to make a flyby. Paint a target zone if you can, if not prepare your front line and we will soften up their mass for you."

"Alright, gang. Move to support ground. Let's help them push forward."

Bigs nods. "Yes sir! Lining Ian up for a bombing run. I just need a strike zone." Glancing at the monitor, she says to Ian, "You ready to lay down some hurt on these bastards?"

Looking at the state of the ground forces, Victor made his decision. Activating the radio he spoke. "Manticore Squadron to ground forces. We have the chance to make a flyby. Paint a target zone if you can, if not prepare your front line and we will soften up their mass for you."
It does not take long before Victor gets a reply. "Manticore, this is Sgt. Reiber of the Headhunters. We're currently pinned down by a mass of eight Odeons. These fuckers seem to be indestructible, and have good ground cover. Standby as we laze the drop zone."

Springer pipes up with, "Lt, according to our intel, those Odeons take a lot of hurt to take out. But I'm thinking that a full bomb load from both me and Ian will do a number on them. I'm ready to drop."

After a quick course correction, you are heading right towards the drop zone. From the air, you can see that there is a makeshift barricade set up in the middle of one of the roads with multiple Invid Inorganics behind it, complete with the eight Odeons and a half dozen Crann there, with the Odeons laying down fire on a group of Destroids and Cyclones that are doing their best to keep from getting blasted as they huddle down behind their own cover.

The Inorganics are spread out enough that it will take multiple bombs to be able to hit them all, probably calling for you to try and overlap your bomb drop to get them all in the splash area. Since Victor has his Beta modified to carry a Silverback in its bomb bay, only Springer and Ian have bombs to drop.

jaydude jaydude I need to know from you how many of your eight medium bombs you currently have in your bomb bay you wish to release.

"You read my mind, over." Ian replied to Mokoto. Taking Springer's suggestion of using a full bomb load to heart, he decided to release all eight of his bombs down upon the Invid as Mokoto flew them over.

So long, all you stupid buggers, he thought.

With Jake and Bigs on the stick, the two bomb-loaded Betas make their way over the heavily defended road block to drop their ordnance. Normally you would make your own to-hit rolls, but right now, your bombs are being targeted and guided in by the ground units using a designator laser. It makes things simpler for you, even if it is placing your trust in the person holding the laser to have good aim.

As it is, the bombs fall towards the intersection that the Inorganics have blocked off unerringly, and they explode in the midst of the huddled Invid units with devastating results. The intersection is blasted, along with the road block and the Invid units. Out of all the enemy in the way of the Headhunters, only one of the Odeons manage to survive the pummeling, but it is quickly dropped by aimed fire from the Destroids that are taking advantage of the situation.

The radio comes to life with, "Our thanks, Manticore! We are on the move once more. Headhunters out."

The Hive is now looming large in front of you, a sphere over a thousand feet across, perched up on top of five massive stilt legs. There are several openings in the outer wall, large enough to sortie mecha from, and easily big enough to accommodate your own Veritechs, but you'll have to split apart into separate units in order to be able to get inside.

Bigs throttles back as they approach the hive. "Ian, stand by. I'm about to detach from you in three, two, one. Detaching connection." With the flip of a switch, the Alpha breaks free from the Beta fighter, letting the two pilots operate independently of one another. Shifting the Veritech into Guardian mode, she is ready to head into one of the large openings in the side of the hive.

If I can shift into Guardian mode with four missile pods, yes.

Yes, you can. You just can't go to Battloid mode with the wing ordnance still on there.

Bigs throttles back as they approach the hive. "Ian, stand by. I'm about to detach from you in three, two, one. Detaching connection." With the flip of a switch, the Alpha breaks free from the Beta fighter, letting the two pilots operate independently of one another. Shifting the Veritech into Guardian mode, she is ready to head into one of the large openings in the side of the hive.

"Acknowledged." Ian stated before the detachment. Once operating independently, he shifted into Guardian mode as well and followed after Mokoto.

"Let's make sure they have back up Springer. Detaching in 5..." Jake said over the comms, initiating the separation sequence. "Exterminators on site. Bugzappers are hot. Let's give em the business."

Last edited:
"Let's make sure they have back up Springer. Detachining in 5..." Jake said over the comms, initiating the separation sequence. "Exterminators on site. Bugzappers are hot. Let's give em the business."

Ian let out a chuckle over the radio. "How long did it take you to come up with that?" He asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Alright Andrew, let's split." Victor said, preparing the separation, and would switch to guardian mode once able.

"Jake, take point with Bigs. Andrew, on our six. Beta's in the middle, destroy anything that moves."

"Hey, with targets like this, hard not to take pride in your work. Y'know? We just gotta earn our check one fried Grasshopper at a time. One might even start callin' the checks cricket-tickets at this rate." Jake said with a satisfied grin on his face. "Well here's to hoping they enjoy the punishment a lot less than most."

[EDIT] "Acknowleged Ursa Major. Moving up to get eyes in the anthill. Try not to paint my six in too many missiles y'all. I just got this thing the way I like it."

Punishment? Urgh. You're lucky that A) I don't outrank you, and B) god-awful puns like that aren't worthy of a court martial.

Ian decided not to voice such thoughts, instead taking up position in the formation Victor had ordered.

Okay, I guess it was a little clever...

"Hey, with targets like this, hard not to take pride in your work. Y'know? We just gotta earn our check one fried Grasshopper at a time. One might even start callin' the checks cricket-tickets at this rate." Jake said with a satisfied grin on his face. "Well here's to hoping they enjoy the punishment a lot less than most."

[EDIT] "Acknowleged Ursa Major. Moving up to get eyes in the anthill. Try not to paint my six in too many missiles y'all. I just got this thing the way I like it."

"I can't make any promises, not if you keep making those god awful puns." He said, "You and Bigs are the eyes. We won't fire unless you point out the threat and lead the to us. Gives you plenty of chance to get out of line of fire." Ursa Major explained. The last thing he wanted was to charge into an ambush. These invid knew this hive better than they did. That came with its own dangers.

"Got it. We'll bring em back as we find em. Just wish these things were more like actual bugs back home. You know the kind that figure out what's what based off of scents? All we'd have to do is just open a jar of their momma's farts and they'd let us fly right by and set up whatever parting gift we wanted... Guess we wouldn't be the ones dealing with em if it were that easy though." Jake cut off his rambling to get back on task. "All good over there Bigs? We're liable to gain a bit of a following on this one."

Last edited:
One by one, you slip into the hive. Inside, the walls, floor and ceiling look very organic, like something seen from the movie Aliens inside the big atmosphere processor. Just the thing to instill a feeling of general creepyness in you.

1604449801491.png

The tunnel is dimly lit by some bioluminescent glow lining the walls in strips, making for some strange shadows and flickering lights. Visibility is not a real problem for you, though, with the enhanced vision systems in your mecha. Leading inside the hive for about three hundred feet, it opens up to a six-way intersection, heading off not only on the horizontal, but vertical also. Moving up and down in these tunnels will require you to fly, since there are not any kind of elevators or stairs.

This gives you the option to head in many different directions. Where do you go?

Bigs (Alpha 1) -70 MD
Ian (Beta 1) -60 MD
Andrew (Alpha 2) -20 MD
Ursa Major (Beta 2) -20 MD
Jake (Alpha 3)-30 MD
Springer (Beta 3) -60 MD

Bigs looks around the strange interior of the hive and says, "Well, not quite the homey look, is it? But I can work with this. Put a throw rug down, a potted plant, a picture or two, and poof! Nice and cozy." She grins, trying to ease the stress of the moment. "Where to, Ursa? Should we go deeper into the place?"
In the Alpha
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +9 / +10 with Gun Pod
Parry: +13
Dodge: +13 on the Ground, +15 in Flight
Roll with Punch: +8
Initiative: +5

Main Body: 420 / 350
Missile Payload
Short Range HEAP: 60 / 48
Mini Fragmentation: 8

Springer calls out, "We should go deeper in. That is where I'd hide my good stuff, and if these Invid do the same, we should find something of importance in there."

Bigs nods. "Sound logic. I'd do the same, making whatever invading force have to fight their way through the defenders to get to something critical. I'm going to go ahead and make my way straight ahead. You guys ready back there? Hey Alan, lets go!" With that, she kicks her Alpha into motion towards the intersection, trying to keep her eyes open in all directions. Who knows from what direction the enemy will appear?
In the Alpha
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +9 / +10 with Gun Pod
Parry: +13
Dodge: +13 on the Ground, +15 in Flight
Roll with Punch: +8
Initiative: +5

Main Body: 420 / 350
Missile Payload
Short Range HEAP: 60 / 48
Mini Fragmentation: 8

Users who are viewing this thread