• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic UEEF Marines - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
And finally (then I must be off for Real Life): How much in credits does he start with AND (this one boggles my mind) how much can he lift and carry? Augmented P.S. of 37 and I'm getting two numbers and I can't decide which is correct (so at the risk of doing it wrong, ask the GM, right?).
Looking in the book, I found a reference to strength and lifting on pg 207 of my PDF. It lists normal human strength being able to lift and carry 20 times their PS in pounds, but your strength is Augmented, so we will use the middle ground between human strength and Supernatural strength and go with Robot strength and allow you the ability to lift and carry 25 times your PS attribute.

Forgot credits. You'll start out with 2,400 in savings and earn 3,000 a month.

Purr Purr

Looking in the book, I found a reference to strength and lifting on pg 207 of my PDF. It lists normal human strength being able to lift and carry 20 times their PS in pounds, but your strength is Augmented, so we will use the middle ground between human strength and Supernatural strength and go with Robot strength and allow you the ability to lift and carry 25 times your PS attribute.
And for Attributes over 30?

Forgot credits. You'll start out with 2,400 in savings and earn 3,000 a month.

Purr Purr
Cool!

I think all we are left with is...

1. ...Honey the bit...

2. ... if you want him to start out with the typical Marine Technical Officer gear or if you want something better suited for a bear...

3. ....and what weapon upgrades you are comfortable with and...

4. ...if Cosmo is allowed to start with some?

I think that about covers it? (Knowing me ), I'll find something else before his character sheet is complete.)

And for Attributes over 30?
The robot strength doesn't change until it is over 40, so it will be the same for you; 25x your PS attribute.
I think all we are left with is...

1. ...Honey the bit...

2. ... if you want him to start out with the typical Marine Technical Officer gear or if you want something better suited for a bear...

3. ....and what weapon upgrades you are comfortable with and...

4. ...if Cosmo is allowed to start with some?

I think that about covers it? (Knowing me ), I'll find something else before his character sheet is complete.)
1. I'll have some numbers soon.

2. Typical gear for now, with the Gallant H-90 as your sidearm and a rifle of choice. War shovel if you wish, too.

3. Some will be fine. Modified triggers, sights and expanded magazines are good. More stuff like that can be done.

4. None yet. I want any of these upgrades to be done in game.

Psychie Psychie (silliness incoming!)
Who is the ranking officer of the Marine contingent on the Normandy? I want to know the name of the person I'll be reporting to directly."
The chief shakes his head in dire warning to Pyrrah and replies, "Some dude named Garrus - and lemme tell you, my man does not play! You best have your stuff calibrated or you gonna wind up in the brig!"

Psychie Psychie (silliness incoming!)

The chief shakes his head in dire warning to Pyrrah and replies, "Some dude named Garrus - and lemme tell you, my man does not play! You best have your stuff calibrated or you gonna wind up in the brig!"
(Disclaimer: It's the Normandy in a sci-fi role-playing game! As gamers devoted to our beloved hobby, it is our solemn duty to crack at least one Mass Effect joke in honor of one of the best gaming trilogies ever made! *salutes Mass Effect* Hah! 8D)

I was wondering about that. I haven't played many video games to know much about Mass Effect, even if I've heard of it.

All these years later after our conversation and you still haven't tried Mass effect? Psychie Psychie You are missing out!

The Mass Effect Trilogy was (is) such a popular game that they remastered and re-released the entire trilogy into a version called the Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

You don't have to be a great gamer with "leet" skills to play it. If you like sci-fi at all (and I know you're a huge fan of terrific characters and atmosphere because you have complimented me on my skills in those departments in the past), Mass Effect Legendary Edition is worth playing on PC or any console.

I cannot recommend it enough. If you decide to play it and you run into any roadblocks, just say the word and I'm sure Kaerri and I will help you in a heartbeat! Between the two of us, we have played it so much, it's almost ridiculous.

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

The robot strength doesn't change until it is over 40, so it will be the same for you; 25x your PS attribute.

1. I'll have some numbers soon.

2. Typical gear for now, with the Gallant H-90 as your sidearm and a rifle of choice. War shovel if you wish, too.

3. Some will be fine. Modified triggers, sights and expanded magazines are good. More stuff like that can be done.

4. None yet. I want any of these upgrades to be done in game.
Sherwood Sherwood Somehow, I missed this post. Thanks for the quick reply! I'll add this information to his character sheet and I'll post it our character thread tonight! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Somehow, I missed this post. Thanks for the quick reply! I'll add this information to his character sheet and I'll post it our character thread tonight! =)
Of course, my friend. Looking forward to seeing your finished work and the opportunity to start you in the IC part of the game.

All these years later after our conversation and you still haven't tried Mass effect? Psychie Psychie You are missing out!

The Mass Effect Trilogy was (is) such a popular game that they remastered and re-released the entire trilogy into a version called the Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

You don't have to be a great gamer with "leet" skills to play it. If you like sci-fi at all (and I know you're a huge fan of terrific characters and atmosphere because you have complimented me on my skills in those departments in the past), Mass Effect Legendary Edition is worth playing on PC or any console.

I cannot recommend it enough. If you decide to play it and you run into any roadblocks, just say the word and I'm sure Kaerri and I will help you in a heartbeat! Between the two of us, we have played it so much, it's almost ridiculous.

Honor and fun,
Dann =)
I'm not much of a video game player, but how can I pass on this one when you hype it up so much? I'll have to check it out.

Of course, my friend. Looking forward to seeing your finished work and the opportunity to start you in the IC part of the game.
Sherwood Sherwood Bud, it's thanks to you, Psychie, and everybody here (Eonivar!) that not only make me feel welcome but haven't complained when I've taken up so much of the O.C.C. channel here working things out. =)

How many mags for the Gallant, please?

Is Sekitan available enough to make choosing the Karbarran Ion Rifle practical? If so, how many mags come with? (You said "rifles" and it appears the choices are either that or the weak-hitting but large-capacity Valiant so... Ion Rifle if the ammo is there?)

Sherwood Sherwood Bud, it's thanks to you, Psychie, and everybody here (Eonivar!) that not only make me feel welcome but haven't complained when I've taken up so much of the O.C.C. channel here working things out. =)

How many mags for the Gallant, please?

Is Sekitan available enough to make choosing the Karbarran Ion Rifle practical? If so, how many mags come with? (You said "rifles" and it appears the choices are either that or the weak-hitting but large-capacity Valiant so... Ion Rifle if the ammo is there?)
For the Gallant, you get thre four of each of the pistol and rifle magazines for the detachable rifle stock.

Sekitan is, at this time, fairly easy to get a good supply of, so unless you are away from resupply you won't have to worry too much about running out. You can have four mags for that weapon if you select it

For the Gallant, you get thre four of each of the pistol and rifle magazines for the detachable rifle stock.

Sekitan is, at this time, fairly easy to get a good supply of, so unless you are away from resupply you won't have to worry too much about running out. You can have four mags for that weapon if you select it
Will do. I have posted C'osmo in the Character thread. Enjoy! =)

I've just started to look over your bear, but I see you're Speed is very low. Didn't you take Running? If not, it's not required and the Silverback has its own running speed that doesn't depend on the pilot's own stat.

Purr Purr

I've just started to look over your bear, but I see you're Speed is very low. Didn't you take Running? If not, it's not required and the Silverback has its own running speed that doesn't depend on the pilot's own stat.

Purr Purr
I tried but I couldn't take Running if I wanted Jeet Kune Do, Silverback MECT, Combat Driving, etc. . I have it on my list of desired Skills on that tab.

Isn't 10 the average speed like the other Attributes that go through 9-12?

I tried but I couldn't take Running if I wanted Jeet Kune Do, Silverback MECT, Combat Driving, etc. . I have it on my list of desired Skills on that tab.
Ah I see. Btw, the Garfish is the Normandy. Atlas is the Three Star Construction ship. Small change to make.

I think I got all of the math down right (he actually loses the ability to lift about 200 lbs. by going with the Robotic P.S. as crazy as that sounds. That's because normal P.S. allows those 30% boosts every 5 points (round down). Non-robotic strength, he could lift about 1,100 lbs.. But it's cool. You'll tell me if he's lifting something he shouldn't, right? =)

It's his background I would really like your feedback on. I never saw this Robotech cartoon nor read the comics. I just know what I know from websites and Palladium's excellent RPG books.

Your background is good. I would have you add that you were found on a refugee ship by the UEEF early on in their journey to the Robotech Master home world, along with a small group of other bear men, looking to escape the Invid occupation of your home planet.

I'm at my lunch break at work, but I will try to get an intro post for C'osmo in before I go back to work.

Fantastic! I will add the change.

Thank you for taking up your break (you really didn't have to). =) Take your time with posting? Make sure you eat well so you can work well! =)

Lol I will be ok. Already had dinner before I came to work, so I'm just enjoying this to relax.

Sherwood Sherwood There. I rewrote the first paragraph in his background with your recommendations. I deleted the part where his people were fussy with him. Sure, he was teased, but it was C'osmo that chose to live a life with the UEEF. =)

Cool deal. Lunch is almost over, so we'll have to wait on your intro until the morning. I'm not done with it yet, and I don't want to rush out a sub par post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back