• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

UEEF Marines - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Using the team's fire as cover, Onni moves in through doorway past Pyrrah, and with a flash of his thrusters launches into the air. The Guradan's Cyclone's rectangular targeting receptacle opens out of its shoulder carriage as he raises his 80mm Beam Cannon to take a shot at the eye of the Invid Shock Trooper who shot at C'osmo (Shock Trooper 3). The muzzle of the Beam Cannon glows briefly before sending its deadly beam of light towards Onni's foe.

Between Onni and Keith working together on Shock Trooper 3, they manage to do enough damage to it to bring the Invid mecha down.
"Thanks, you guys!" C'osmo is ecstatic! This is only their second battle and already his team is displaying their teamwork - and taking out fire directed at him! Did one thank teammates during or after battles?

Is this what it was supposed to feel like to be part of a squad of real UEEF Marines?

A savage grin crosses Pyrrah's face as she yells out, "Outstanding! Good shooting, C'osmo! Keep the heat on them!"
C'osmo's heartbeat continues to thump in his chest like a rabbit's. He grins widely to Pyrrah. "You want it hot for these gutless cowards, LT? How about somewhere around 13,000 degrees Farenheit?* Or in other words, plasma-hot?!"

He tries get a missile lock one of the Invid Shock Troopers and if he thinks he's got the proper angle, situation, and firing solution, he looses four mini-missiles at the enemy! Then he shouts at the Invid!

"How's it make you feel fighting an enemy that can fight back like Marines, you rotten, no-good civilian-killers?!"

(*Source = Advanced Plasma Solutions. Izzat nerdy enough for you? Huh? =) )

Last edited:
C'osmo's missiles fly out and slam into the Shock Trooper, igniting flames across the armored hull and doing sizable damage, but the armor holds strong and the Trooper is still standing.

But not for long. Torni fires a burst from her beam cannon, stitching her fire across the damaged pieces and causing it to shudder and fall, destroyed.

There are two Invid left, and Psychie Psychie is up with Pyrrah.

Initiative order:
18 - C'osmo [3]
16 - Torni [3]
13 - Pyrrah [2] <====
10 - Onni [2]
8 - Keith [2]
7 - Shock Troopers 5-6 [1]

Pyrrah opens up on the closest Shock Trooper with six of her HEAP mini missiles, hoping that they will be able to do enough damage to finish off the Invid mecha.
Hit Points: 31 +2d4 per level
SDC: 111
Action Points: 6 / 5
Combat Bonuses
On Foot / In the Cyclone
Number of Attacks: 6 / 7
Strike: +6 / +7
Parry: +8 / +10
Dodge: +8 / +10 auto dodge
Roll With Punch: +8 / +10
Initiative: +3 / +4
Perception: +5
HtH Damage: +2
Critical Strike from Behind
Critical Strike on a Natural 20
Death Blow on a Natural 20

Missile Payload
Plasmas 1d6x10 - 6 / 2
HEAP 1d4x10 - 12 / 2

AP Cannon 60 / 58
1d4x10 single shot / 2d4x10 4 round burst

The missiles go wide and slam into the wall, blowing out the bulkhead and opening up more of the ship to the void of space.

Eonivar Eonivar is up with Onni

Initiative order:
18 - C'osmo [3]
16 - Torni [3]
13 - Pyrrah [3]
10 - Onni [2] <====
8 - Keith [2]
7 - Shock Troopers 5-6 [1]

Onni had been falling towards the left side of the team when the compartment they were in depressurized, the directional thrusters on Onni's cyclone all flashed in adjustment as his momentum changed in Zero Gravity from no longer falling towards the floor but now towards the side of the compartment. Onni used his momentum to "land" on the bulkhead wall and then kicked off the wall with a burst of jets, and came flying across horizontally, it almost looked like the Garudan was casually lounging on his side (although he really wasn't, the maneuver was harder than it looked) as he aimed his Beam Cannon at one of the remaining invid shock troopers (Invid Shock trooper #5), aiming carefully for it's center eye.

Round Attacks = 2 for called shots
1D20 + (+9 Aimed - 4 (Called Shot Bonus) +2 Strike (C'osmo's Silverback Aura Bonus) +1 Strike (Zero-G Combat Bonus)= +8 to strike) = 25 to strike
Damage = 3D6 MDC = 14 MDC Damage

VF-021 Cyclone
Main Body: 170

80mm Beam Cannon 3D6 MDC Single Shot/1D4x10 +6 three round burst (unlimited ammo)
Body Mini -Missles (HEAP): 1D4x10 MDC each - Current Payload = 16
Shield Mini - Missles (HEAP): 1D4x10 MDC each - Current Payload = 0

CVR-3 (MDC)
Head: 50
Arms R: 50
Arm L: 50
Leg R: 70
Leg L: 70
Main Body: 150

Hit Points: 33
SDC: 92

In Cyclone:
(If in zero-G add the following bonuses +1 initiative, +1 strike, +1 parry, +1 disarm, +2 pull punch, +2 Dodge, +10 normal speed)
Number of Attacks: 6
Ranged Strike (non-missile) Rifle: = +9 Aimed/+5 Burst
Ranged Strike: Energy Pistol = +7 Aimed/+4 Burst
Ranged Strike (Missile): +6 Aimed
Melee Strike: +10
Parry: +14
Dodge: +13
Automatic Dodge: +12
Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact: +9
Initiative: +7
Perception: +3
Pull Punch: +7
Disarm: +2
Impervious to poisons and gases while wearing rebreather
Save vs Insanity: +3
Save vs Magic: +5
Save vs Horror Factor: +2
Save vs Psionic Attack: +1
Save vs Poison +3
Save vs Coma/Death +10%

Onni makes the difficult shot with ease, scoring a solid hit, but not doing quite enough damage to take it out.

Keith follows up with a called shot of his own, and manages to finish off the damaged Shock Trooper.

In response to the attack, the last Invid mecha fires at Keith, and the young medic leaps to the side just a hare too slow, and he gets a minor hit that his armor soaks up. He snarls out a few angry words before saying, "Minor hit but I'm fine! Take that rat bastard out before it shoots me again!"

Purr Purr is up

Initiative order:
18 - C'osmo [3] <====
16 - Torni [3]
13 - Pyrrah [3]
10 - Onni [4]
8 - Keith [4]
7 - Shock Trooper 6 [2]

In response to the attack, the last Invid mecha fires at Keith, and the young medic leaps to the side just a hare too slow, and he gets a minor hit that his armor soaks up. He snarls out a few angry words before saying, "Minor hit but I'm fine! Take that rat bastard out before it shoots me again!"
A flash of fright shoots into C'osmo's heart as Keith gets nailed, even with a minor hit, by the enemy. "What?! That MY guy you just hit!"

Inside, C'osmo cannot help but speculate that if his Battle Buddies are taking down the enemies with carefully-trained shots to their eyeballs, maybe, just maybe C'osmo might have the same combination of luck and skill? Withholding himself from using too much of his willpower (O.O.C.: meaning Action Points) lest he burn out too quickly, C'osmo tries to make full use from the Silverback's Sensor Suite and lets go with a burst from his railgun aimed at the eye of the Invid who dared shoot his Battle Buddy!

Spending two Actions for a Called Shot vs. eye. His total Strike bonuses including the suite bonus are +8.
Damage for a successful hit from HRC-70 Rail gun is 1D4x10+10 M.D.

Cheering at his faithful robot companion, C'osmo snarls passionately. "Norwood's gonna watch us burn you down, ugly! Eat this! Just open up and say 'aaaaah!!'" Something in him enjoys the feeling of the rail gun on full auto aimed at a coward who really has it coming.

Machine Gun Loop GIF by Xbox

The rail gun sends out a spray of high speed bullets into the eye of the Shock Trooper, ripping through the weak eyepiece with ease and causing the Invid mecha to shudder and fall to the deck, mostly intact but with its pilot killed.

With no more visible threats, we are moving out of combat time.

Keith picks himself up from the deck where he fell after getting shot, and you can see his face through his helmet is looking sour. "Out of all of us, why is it that I'm the only one to take a hit? This sucks."

Torni laughs, saying, "Quit your whining. You lived; not everyone can say that. Just try to move a bit faster next time."

With that, the two Robotech Master bioroids that were guiding you here step out into the open, obviously tense with so many unknown aliens (you guys) inside their ship. The one that was doing the talking to you before steps forward. With no atmosphere, there is no way for them to use their external speakers to talk to you, so the pilot tries to use hand motions to try and communicate. He points to himself, then to a nearby control panel, then to the open hole in the outer hull of the ship that leads into the void of space. Then, he points to another panel, and across to the group of Cyclones and C'osmo's Silverback, then back to the panel, and out at the hole again.

Torni says, "I might be wrong, but it seems that he wants one of us to do something to that control panel. Should we?"

Pyrrah thinks for a moment, then says, "They know we aren't enemies and I doubt that they would ask of us to do something to endanger the ship. Let's see what this panel does and then we can see what this guy wants done."

She points to herself, then to the panel before going over to try and identify what it is supposed to do. With her knowledge of the Robotech Masters and being able to read Zentraedi, she hopes that will be enough to see what is to be done.

Pyrrah can see that this is some sort of environmental control panel, but you are not sure what you are supposed to do, since you lack the technical or science skills needed to operate the controls.

The controls are in Zentraedi, so you can translate for someone else.

Pyrrah looks at the panel for a moment, then says, "Well, I think it has something to do with atmosphere, but other than that, I don't know. Anyone with a mechanical skill set want to take a look?"

C'osmo jumps around in his Silverback (carefully, mind you). "Did you guys see that? Norwood! Did you get that? I bagged an Invid Enforcer! And I got a cool head-shot on that last Invid! Go Dragon Slayers! And go... uh... what are we calling our team again? Gunslingers, maybe? Any ideas?" C'osmo goes from being absolutely joyous to pondering with deep curiosity when LT Pyrrah speaks up.

Pyrrah thinks for a moment, then says, "They know we aren't enemies and I doubt that they would ask of us to do something to endanger the ship. Let's see what this panel does and then we can see what this guy wants done."

She points to herself, then to the panel before going over to try and identify what it is supposed to do. With her knowledge of the Robotech Masters and being able to read Zentraedi, she hopes that will be enough to see what is to be done.
"Sure, LT! Uh, I don't know Zentraedi - all of my alien knowledge is based on humanity and the Invid."

. With no atmosphere, there is no way for them to use their external speakers to talk to you, so the pilot tries to use hand motions to try and communicate. He points to himself, then to a nearby control panel, then to the open hole in the outer hull of the ship that leads into the void of space. Then, he points to another panel, and across to the group of Cyclones and C'osmo's Silverback, then back to the panel, and out at the hole again.
"Uh, if I had to guess, which I guess I kinda have to guess, I'd say he wants us to seal up that hole using these control panels maybe to get an atmosphere going back in here again." C'osmo looks from the bioroids to the computer consoles to the holes leading out to sure doom. "Huh..."

Pyrrah looks at the panel for a moment, then says, "Well, I think it has something to do with atmosphere, but other than that, I don't know. Anyone with a mechanical skill set want to take a look?"
"Mechanical?" C'osmo says aloud. "If we're dealing with computers isn't it... Uh..."

C'osmo, who is used to operating alone, begins to use his first and best means at finding solutions - his brain. For some moments, he just stands there and thinks.

Eonivar Eonivar Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

C'osmo looks up at the blue battered Bioroids and turns to his crew, his expression one of serious curiosity. "Hey, uhhh, guys? Could, like, maybe we, y'know, use our radio skills and gear to find the Bioroids' radio channel? I don't know much about Bioroids, but I know the Zentraedi used radio in their mecha and the Bioroids and the Zentraedi basically came from the same Robotech Masters, right? So... LT Pyrrah? You mind if maybe our team try to raise them and if we get 'em on the horn, patch them through to you so you can talk to them in Zentraedi? My, uh, Bioroid-speak is... non-existent."

Pyrrah doesn't hesitate with her reply. "Do it. You know the usual frequencies that the UEEF use; any other signals out there should be these bioroids. Link me in and I'll talk to them."

Sherwood Sherwood C'osmo takes a deep breath. "Ehh, I'm not the comm-tech LT Case is, but I'll give my 100%!"

C'osmo has the following possibly relevant skills:
Radio: Basic: 66%
Sensory Equipment: 71%
Computer Operation: 98%
Computer Programming: 95%
Basic Electronics: 66%

He is attempting to make the best use out of the Silverback's own electronic sensor suite. Specifically, the Encrypted Long-Range Communications Array: A high-powered, long-range and encrypted radio.

There are a ton of signals bouncing around out there, but most are quickly eliminated as chatter between the various Veritech forces and the troop ships outside in space. A bit of surfing and you are able to narrow down the possible feed to just a few weak signals.

It takes only a moment to link Pyrrah in and let her listen in, and then you are able to identify the signals from the two bioroids. They are trying to figure out how to get you to understand that they need your aid to reroute power to the hull integrity fields to get pressure in this chamber again.

"Well, I think it has something to do with atmosphere, but other than that, I don't know. Anyone with a mechanical skill set want to take a look?"
"Coming Lieutenant." Onni comes up to take a look at the control panel, pulling out his tools and hand computer and preparing to get into the panel and systems.

"Like before Lieutenant, I will need your assistance in translation. C'osmo I may need your help too. I am familiar with Invid and Human systems, not so much with Robotech Master's systems. If we cannot fix this, we could use the remains of the invid to seal the breach in the hull."

Computer Repair 56%
Computer Programming 95%
Electrical Engineer 81%
Mechanical Engineer 71%
Reflex System Mechanics 76%

OOC Sherwood Sherwood What would be the most appropriate roll here

"Like before Lieutenant, I will need your assistance in translation. C'osmo I may need your help too. I am familiar with Invid and Human systems, not so much with Robotech Master's systems. If we cannot fix this, we could use the remains of the invid to seal the breach in the hull."
C'osmo marvels at the versatility and options available when one uses the Silverback's Sensor Suite. What a great collection of electronics! Who put it all together to make it a reality? How long did it take to go from the drawing board to the final version? Whose idea was it in the first place? What options didn't make it to the final version? Wow!

Then C'osmo pulls himself out of his love of science and technology to continue to attend the problem at hand - he had been correct! The bioroids were asking for help creating an atmosphere!

"Oh, you need me, Onni? I am SO YOURS, buddy!" He carefully makes his way over to Onni's side. "Y'know, between all five of us, I betcha we can get these things up and running! And yeah! You're right!" He turns toward the unmoving forms of the Invid mecha and directs Norwood to capture all of this with its camera eye. He felt grateful and a bit lucky that the team had shot a few of them in their eyes, preserving their mecha in case they needed to enact Onni's latter plan.

"One way or another, we can make this happen - we just have to be reeaally careful that we've got it right or WHOOSH!" He shoots his hand toward the vacuum of space. "Out something or somebody goes!" C'osmo peers at the alien console. "So, what have you got so far? LT? You can read this, right? You'd think these suits would come with auto-translators by now."

(Edit: Forgot to tag Psychie Psychie and Eonivar Eonivar !)

Last edited:
Pyrrah nods, saying, "Yes I can read it. Just move slow so I have time to warn you to stop if you are pressing the wrong button."

Onni looks at the panel and points to each button having Pyrrah translate the language. Onni had seen his fair share of access panels and airlocks in his experience and he started to piece together what was what.

(Electrical Engineer 81% = Success)

"There is no power coming to this panel...but Lieutenant you mentioned something about a manual override note?"

There was a note on the panel regarding a manual override. Onni then popped a panel out of the wall with his tools and proceeded to look at where the various conduits went from the panel. Following one of the conduits he pointed to a large panel on the wall. "Ah there..."

He then look at C'osmo. "C'osmo, there is a manual override panel over on that wall, open it and pull the level, it may need a bit of force but that will shut the emergency doors."

Last edited:
It takes a few minutes of struggling to get power around fried relays, but finally there are signs of hope. A glowing force field lights up, forming a temporary plug to keep the atmosphere in. Soon enough, the environmental controls are able to start venting air into the section, bringing the pressure up to a safe level. In order to make this area completely safe, the holes in the hull will have to be hard sealed with new armor plate. Until then, it may not be a smart thing to remove your helmets while in this area.

With the pressure slowly building up, Pyrrah will try to get a signal out to the Normandy. "Command, this is LT Pyrrah. All hostile forces inside the Robotech Master ship have been eliminated, but the ship and its passengers are in serious need of assistance, more than what can be provided by the Normandy. This is going to take multiple ships and lots of medical crews to treat these people since this ship is packed to the rafters with refugees."

She looks over at the rest of the team and continues with, "What are our orders? We are only one squad with a single medic. This is too big of a job for us alone."

It takes a few moments to get a clear signal, but when you finally do, the reply is, "Lieutenant, you are our eyes and ears on that ship. Help is on its way, but in the meantime, we'd need to know where to focus our efforts to first. Use your Silverback and its communicator suite to send us real time images of what you come across. Do you copy?"

Pyrrah replies, "Acknowledged, command. We'll look around and give full reports on what we see. Pyrrah out."

She turns to the rest of the team and says, "You heard the orders. Work in pairs. I don't want anyone to split off by themselves and get in trouble. Remember to keep an open comm signal to the Normandy through C'osmo's Silverback. See what is the most critical on the to do list and help as much as you can. I'm going to try and touch base with someone that is supposedly running this ship and tell them that help has arrived. Any questions?

Onni was looking around the walls at the room at the various damage and such, casting his lights on various spots and damages in the wall.

He flashes a light towards Torni.

"Lieutenant, I have a recommendation on pairs...Lieutenant Case should stay with C'osmo so she can help manage the communications links between us, the Silverback, and the Normandy. Corpsman Sable and I can pair up and continue inspection of the ship. If any one else has other suggestions to other pairings, I am open to that too, I was just matching up based on skills and technology." He paused to look at some damage on a console in the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back