• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Ronya looked shocked, a glimmer of despair in her eyes. "Sword Coast and Faerun?! That does not sound like Eberron at all! I guess I should explain myself a little. I am Ronya of house Cannith. In a disastrous experiment I was thrown into this other dimension with all kinds of junk. I lived there a few years on my own. Or at least with these animals. Say hello, Q." A silvery metalic weasel showed his head from behind Ronya's legs. It's entire skin was made up of cogs and gears, coated in a see-through exterior. "Then I found this powerful old inventor who promised to help me escape his dimesion, but apparently he did not have my home in mind. So now I am stranded here, but maybe there was a reason behind all this."

Mor'du looks at the woman quizzically. "I do not know if there is any particular purpose to you being here, but the gods work in their own ways. Tell me, Ronya, what you plan on doing now? Are you going to try and find a wizard capable of sending you to your true home?"

Felix Felix You just explained what this check is for.
Sherwood Sherwood You are aware of the different planes such as the elemental plans and the ethereal plane, but you also know there are very different planes out there that are not connected to this material plane. One such could be the place this individual is talking about.
Psychie Psychie You are aware of different planes such as elemental plane but a potential plane that isn't apart of the elemental, Shadowfel and Feywild is a revelation.

"That's very unfortunate, Ronya. I am Escobert, the Master of the Keep." A rough and low voice of a dwarf introduced himself. "Would you kindly step off the table though? We were in an important meeting about what to do about missing villagers and having a bunch of bandits looted the village."

Andarra offers her hand to assist Ronya off the table. "Are you hurt, or do you need something to eat or drink? We have some to spare here for you if it is needed."

"oh ... ehm." Clumsily Ronya stepped off the table. "I am quite alright, thank you, the old man sent me off with some supplies. I am terribly sorry about interrupting your meeting, sounds terrible. I do want to find a way home, but I am not sure if I am ready to go yet." She seemed a little nervous, but also excited. She was not sure if she could face her family again after the experiment. She had learned so much since then and somehow it did not feel right to share that with them. "There is much to discover here, I imagine. Maybe I could stick around and help you with your problems?"

Andarra looks at the woman, and asks, "Well, any help we can get would be greatly appreciated. It also depends on just what you can do. What skills do you bring to the table?"

"Miss Andarra is correct, It all depends on how you can help." Gov. Nighthill spoke out, "But any help you can provide the town of Greenest and I will gladly accept whatever you have to offer."

"I am not sure of your current technological progress, but in my world we can do quite a lot, like creating flying ships and weather controlling devices. I myself was taught to make men out of iron and a bit of magic. In this other dimension I learned how to create animals like Q that are truly alive. I am not sure how to explain it exactly, but it's like I am building a host for some kind of divine spark. With these animals and basic technology I can help you scout and overcome almost any problem."

Mor'du nods in satisfaction. "Excellent. I am sure that we will be able to put your unique talents to get a handle on these bandits. I am not looking forward to a repeat of my last encounter without some serious back-up. That was just too close. But if we can find where these bandits are based we might be able to whittle them down bit by bit until they are no longer a threat to these people here."

The rest of the room stare at Ronya blankly, for most of them have not thought of flying ships or using a object to control weather. Most also don't know what the term technology means. There was a small pause after Mor'du spoke before the Gov. coughed to get the attention of everyone.

"Well, if you are willing to help them please stay for the rest of this meeting and we'll see where your talents can be used." Gov. Nighthill gestured toward the end of the table. "Please be seated and let's continue." He waited for everyone to sit down, but he stayed standing. "To fill in what had happened last night. We were attacked by a blue dragon and a large force of bandits. The town has suffered many losses, to death, kidnapping and what seems like most of villagers valuables were taken. While we stand in a keep, we have very few soldiers to spare." He paused to pose himself. "I want to know where, how many, who, and why we were attacked last night. I want a small team of individuals to go and track the bandits to their camp, gather whatever information they can get and whatever valuables you can secure. Warriors and Heroes of Greenest, I am asking you a great favor with a hefty reward for you to be apart of this team. Since some of you have been hired by Mr. Takashi, I am asking you to allow them to participate in this endeavor."

At the pause, Mr. Takashi nodded in agreement. "Garret, Alexander, Nikolay, Thovan and Xinnia. If you want to, you're able to go." In which they all nod their heads in agreement.

"Otherwise, there is plenty to do around here to rebuild what we can." Gov. Nighthill turns his eyes to Mor'du, Andarra and Ronya. "Will you three help us, track these bandit's down?"

Mor'du places his fist firmly to his chest and bows his head. "Of course I will go. I have to face that warrior and lay him low; he is evil and must be stopped before more fall to his blade."

Andarra smiles at Mor'du's enthusiastic answer. "Oh, I suppose so, after all, someone needs to keep this crazy fool alive. I am set at any time."

Mor'du gives the elf a playful punch to her shoulder. "Ah, I make no promises to not need your tender care, Andarra, but I do promise to do all that I can to behave myself."

Andarra looks at the governor and asks, "Will it be possible to get some more healing potions to help us out in the event of more fighting? The last ones were very much handy to have."

"Tracking bandits sounds like something I could do. I'm in! What did these criminals look like exactly?"

"I am glad to hear that ladies and gents." Gov. Nighthill said shortly after the others at the table agreed. "But before you all go off please accept this small feast before you go." The Governor clapped twice and a few soldiers came in with enough to feed everyone at the table.

The blue dragonborn leaned over the table to Rhonya, "They wore any typical bandit attire. A few of them wearing purple attire, but there were dozens if not hundred of them."

Mor'du is quite happy at the thought of having a good feast. He came very close to not being here to enjoy it. He then raises up his glass, "A toast, to friends and family that are not here with us anymore. May their memories never fade. And my own special thanks to Andarra for helping me in my most grievous time of need." With that, he takes a big swallow of his drink.

Andarra blushes faintly, somewhat embarrassed at being singled out by Mor'du's praise. "I just did what had to be done. I'm just glad that your spirit had not gone on to meet your god, and that I was in time to stabilize you. Let us not make a habit of that, though!" She gives the Dragonborn a grin, and returns his drink salute.

Ronya attacked the meal as if it was her last. The old geezer had given her some food, but before that she had had to live of scraps for years. She did not use her cutlery and was stuffing her face of with as much food as she could. Tearing chickens appart and scooping up pies. It was so good! It took a while to get out of her trance. She noticed other people around the table looking at her horrified and disgusted. She gulped her last food down as tears started welling up in her eye. "I am so terribly sorry. It has been so long since I have eaten this well, or even with people. What was I thinking?! I totally forgot about my manners, sorry."

You guys spend the next hour filling your stomachs and telling tales of the night before for the majority of you. When the meal is finished, you all have some time to get ready for the next leg of this journey. What are you guys doing and/or need/want to procure for yourself?

I would like to try and get some more healing potions to distribute among the group. While we have some healing talent in the team, the extra boost from the potions would be good to have.

Is there any armor better than Mor'du's chain mail that I might be able to get ahold of?

Psychie Psychie
Healing potions, since you saved the city are 25gp each.

Sherwood Sherwood
You have better armor than most people in this town. However, you do catch wind that there's a retired veteran with splint armor. It's a momento and won't let it go for less than 200 gp.

Felix Felix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back