• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Langdedrosa smiled as the feeling of lightning course through his mouth and delighted to see Mor'du still standing. He prepared himself for Mor'du's attack, expecting his sword to stay the blade; but his opponent swung down with more force than he was expecting. The edge of Mor'du blade dropped one of Langdedrosa's shoulder a little but he counters you with a horizontal swing at your thighs, but Mor'du's armor takes the brunt of the force. He pulls his sword back and tries to run the blade through Mor'du midsection.

With a quick hop, Mor'du is able to keep from taking even more damage in this fight. Now, its time to counter. He feints up, then down, then finishes his move with a lunge, all the while he yanks the second healing potion out and downs it. Sorry, Andarra. I need this if I have any hope of staying alive.

8 points of damage, and 6 hit points back from the potion.

Ignore the second healing potion roll. hit the roll dice button by mistake.

Mor'du lets out a grunt of pain as he feels the sword slide into his gut. I am out of my league here. I will go to my death with my honor intact, though.

His stab gave Mor'du an opening to bring down his sword onto his shoulder, cutting through the armor and drawing blood. With his sword still in Mor'du and Mor'du still in him another torrent of lightning blasted out of his mouth.

DC 13 or take half.

Mor'du is flung back, sword falling from his limp fingers as he sinks into darkness.

Andarra lets out an angry, anguished cry. "No! Mor'du!" She breaks from her position on the wall, running out to try and recover his body before it is too late to save his life.

Langdedrosa stands up full and walks the few feet to Mor'du. A smile crossed his draconian muzzle and with his sword in his hand and towering over the unconscious paladin. "Bahumat is a weak god." He whispers before driving the blade once again through the midsection of Mor'du, then withdraws the blade, turns his back on the keep and walks away. The kobolds push the four prisoners forward and with their hands bound they run towards the keep.

The half-dragon and the kobolds leave.

Andarra is heedless of the danger to herself as she runs up to the fallen paladin. Her hands reach out to staunch the flow of blood as she murmurs a prayer to Corellon.

Using my spell Spare the Dying to stabilize him, assuming he is not all the way dead yet.

Looking over her shoulder at the soldiers in the damaged keep, Andarra yells out, "He still lives! Someone come and help me carry him back!"

At Andarra's call, four armored soldiers and a woman in cloth run out. The woman putting her hands on the dragonborn the moment she arrives and a warm glow of light washes over her hands onto him. Immediately after this the other four soldiers pick him up and start marching back towards the keep.

"He is very brave, we are lucky to have him." The woman says in a soft and caring voice to Andarra.

Sherwood Sherwood you are at 5 HP now. Conscious if you want to be.

Mor'du lets out a groan as his eyes flutter open. Never before in his life has he been so close to meeting his end than this day, and his body feels it in every inch of his scales. He manages to grunt out, "What of the prisoners? Were they released safely?"

At the sound of his voice, Andarra lets out a sigh of relief. "Yes, you stubborn fool. You did it. They are safe inside what is left of the walls. Rest your eyes, and let us tend to you."

"That sounds like a very good idea." Mor'du does just as he is told; closes his eyes and rests. What will be, will be. Right now, he was in no shape to do much about it.

The sun breaks the horizon shortly after the duel between Langdedrosa and Mor'du. From the tower and walls of the keep, the word that they spot a mass retreat of the bandits from the city and the dragon has not been seen for hours.

Psychie Psychie You work yourself to the bone helping anyone you can, including Mor'du. At some point you feel a large clawed hand on your shoulder. You turn around to see Thovan smiling. "It's time for a rest, the people of Greenest can handle themselves for a little bit. (Do you end up taking a long rest?)

Sherwood Sherwood You fall into a deep sleep, physically exhausted from the night and in pain from your loss against a Langdedrosa. Throughout the morning you shake in your sleep, your dreams are more like nightmares. Five shades of colors repeat, red, blue, green, black and white as images of horrendous destruction across the land.

Andarra looks up at the Dragonborn through sleepy eyes and says, "I only need a few hours to be fully rested, so if I am needed before then, do not hesitate to wake me from my Trance. Promise me that you will?" Only after Thovan has made the promise does she allow herself to be put to a bed to restore herself and her divine gifts.

OOC Yes, I take a long rest. Forgot to specify that.

After a night's rest, Mor'du rises slowly, feeling the effects of his aches and pains quite strongly. He was alive, thanks to the quick reflexes of Andarra, risking her life to come to his aid. Biting back a groan, he stands and lets his hand go to the new scars on his chest and stomach, feeling how tender they are still, even after the healing magics used on him.

<sigh> It could be worse; I may have lost my life out there. Each scar is a new lesson. It is up to me to learn from it and be a better man.

The sun has just past it's apex for the day and slowly waning towards the horizon. There is still a lot of comotion going on in the keep and also the town beyond. The militia, soldiers and villagers assessed what happened the night before and find their loved ones. Many if not most were grief stricken for one reason or another, and others were still in shock.

Andarra, Mor'du and the other warriors with no affiliation with Greenest wake up near noon and are quickly given a memo by a soldier for you to meet Gov. Nighthill, Escobert the Red, and Mr. Takashi in the large meeting room in the keep's sole tower.

Tarbaw.jpg
Andarra and Mor'du when you arrive to the meeting room you see many familiar faces and a few that aren't. The Governor is at the head of the table and greets you with the warm smile. "Thank you for coming, adventurers. Please, have a seat. We are discussing the next courses of action." To his left was the Master of the Keep, Escobert, two half elves and a human female. To his right, Garret, Thovan, Alexander, Nikolay, Xinnia, and Elizabeth.

Mr. Takashi.jpg
After you have taken which ever side the discussion begins with the dark skinned half-elf with fancy clothes and clean as a whistle compared to everyone else. "Gov. Nighthill, My caravan will do what we can to keep the people of Greenest fed until everything is orderly. It's because of the generosity your town has given me these past years that I will do my best to charge as little as possible."

"Thank you for your kind gesture, Mr. Takashi. I also want to thank you for lending fine adventurers to help out with the town. Any kindness you're willing to give will be given back in due time, but..." The Governor paused, "There's many question that need to be answer and one of them is to why we were attacked."

Escobert.jpg
"What's more important than why we were attacked is where did they go!" The deep and rough voice of Escobert commanded. "Many did not make the night alive, but we do not know where many of out villagers are. The bandit's must have taken them during the raid, for Gods' know what, but we need to find them."

"Sir Escobert, I can help track them down; but as they were leaving the went all directions from the keep and I wouldn't know where to begin..." Garret suggested.

"Um... Escuse me, Mr. Dwarf and Mr. lizard." The woman mage in blue robes you recognized to be Elizabeth from the night prior started to say. "I talked to one of the smaller lizards and bandit and they said they camped south and were here because of a dragon-lady."

As the wizard finished her statement with timidness in her voice, she looked up above the table with unusualy quickness. The air around the room went stale then buzzed with energy, hair stood up on end and what looked like a hole tore open in mid-air and a red haired woman dropped from the rift smack dab onto the table.

Almost all chairs were turned over and almost everyone had their weapons out at the unexpected occurance. Swords, crossbows, and a few with spells at the ready, with the exception of Elizabeth, she had fallen completely over her chair and was crawling away.

Sherwood Sherwood
Psychie Psychie
Felix Felix

Attachments

• eadyan.jpg
    eadyan.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Eliza Nott.jpg
    Eliza Nott.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 1
Mor'du holds out his hand and lets out a loud bellow of, "HOLD! Hold, I say! Do not strike until you know who or what it is that we have before us!" He carefully steps forward to the figure that suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and in a softer voice, he says, "Miss? Can you understand me? Are you well?" His hands are free of weapons, but that can change in a moment's notice.

Ronya did not expect the old geezer to open up a portal underneath her, so she could not think fast enough to stick the landing. The room shifted and she was a little nauseous from hopping dimensions. When she looked up she still couldn't see clearly, but she saw some vague humanoid silhouettes. She was delighted to hear a voice she could understand, though the accent seemed foreign to her. It was so nice to meet people again after such a long time on her own. Tears welled up in her eyes and she tried very hard to suppress her overwhelming emotions. "Did-did he do it? Am I finally home? Is this Eberron?"
e81f6b15373739ee2fb9ac66ebd2c66e.jpg

Mor'du raises up an eyebrow. "Yes, this is Eberron, but I do not know if this particular keep is your home. I am Mor'du, a warrior in the service of Bahumut. May I ask who you are, and how you came to be here this day?"

b029fe0240d7e62509ff6810a69e6ca4.jpg

OOC this is what Mor'du looks like

Andarra slowly approaches the strange woman, and says, "I am Andarra Gollana. You seem distressed. Are you being chased by something? Are you hurt?"

2dc4b867569cd527d5093bd3a6681dbb.jpg
Since we are sharing, this is Andarra

"You're in the Town of Greenest, on the Sword Coast of the continent Faerun." Gov. Nighthill corrected Sir Mor'du while he lowered a hand crossbow from his good arm. The other was still in a sling and bandaged from the night prior. "I am Gov. Nighthill, and your presence is unexpected."

At both the request of Mor'du and the Gov. Nighthill's action the rest of the room put their weapons away.

(If you want to make a general intelligence check you can.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back