• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Seeing the hole blasted into the wall, and all the lives now at risk, Mor'du moves to place himself in the midst of the opening with his sword raised. He calls out a prayer to Bahumut, and as he does so, his sword begins to glow.

Using my Channel Divinity power to enhance my longsword as my combat action.

Alexander fires a firebolt at the beast. Misses.

Nikolay flinches in the stray stream of lightning that zapped him. His breathing is heavy from the fear of how powerful this dragon really is, and shakily throws a javelin at it. Nikolay bites his hand to try and calm down. The fear is slowly replaced by rage.

Xinnia will throw a dart at it; she takes a moment behind the door to take a quick breathe and centers herself. Fear being replaced by determination.

Blue Dragon:
AC 19
Damage Done: 15
Has Disadvantage on it's next attack.

Initiative:
Xinnia 20
Thovan / Garret 14
Andarra 12
Keep of Greenest 9 (All the Soldiers)
Dragon 8
Mor'Du 7
Alexander / Nikolay 4

Health:
Xinnia: 28
Mor'du: 26 (frightened)
Andarra: 28
Thovan: 30 (frightened)
Garret: 39
Nikolay: 39-6=33
Alexander: 39 (Frightened)

From outside the gate, a war cry of dozens of bandits and kobolds sound as they charge the hill.... Those on the walls turn to see the scattered charge but only nine of the keep defenders turn to shoot at them. In the first volley only six of them are hit and slow down. However three very quick Kobolds show up at the northern most hole in the wall with hand held crossbows.

The dragon takes aim to the other side of Nikolay and fires his breath, bringing down a small section of the wall.

Sherwood Sherwood Your Turn, remember you cannot move closer to the dragon while still frightened.

Initiative:
Xinnia 20
Thovan / Garret 14
Andarra 12
Dragon 8
Mor'Du 7
Alexander / Nikolay 4
Kobolds 3

Health:
Bandit Force: 6/49

Kobolds:
AC 10
HP 5

Last edited:
Mor'du will charge at the closest of the kobolds with his sword raised high. With a mighty swing, he brings the blade down, trying to end the kobold's life before it can do any more mischief!

23 to hit the kobold, for 8 points of damage. Still afraid of the dragon.

Sherwood Sherwood .... Let me put the map up I forgot to post.... Unfortunately this means you cannot get closer to them because that means getting closer to the dragon.
Kepp 3.PNG

How about a javelin throw at one? It would only be +6 to hit, since the divine radiance is only on my sword.

Each space in 10 feet so greater than 30 feet is disadvantage.... and per the map you wouldn't be able to see them.

I'll go ahead and post a new set of rolls then, as I try to work my way around to the opening in the wall.

Damnit, Psychie Psychie ! Your bad luck has jinxed me!

If you go to the West, and double dash you can get to the hole closest to you. If you go east, at most you can get to Xinnia/Alexander with an action left.

Sherwood Sherwood That means you didn't since a double dash is your regular movement and using your action to move again. So you still have that javelin.

Alexander will shoot a firebolt again.

Nikolay a little pissed about being targeted twice will charge at the dragon and throw a javelin since he won't get there in 1 turn....

Sherwood Sherwood don't forget your wisdom save

Sherwood Sherwood CONGRATS YOU'RE NOT SCARED!

Kobolds move further in and aren't in a good place to fire.

With the will of powerful determination, Xinnia rushes out the door and tries to Flurry of Blows the Dragon. Her Scimitar cuts deeply into the front leg of the creature, her punch is wide with no force but her foot hits the freshly made wound from the scimitar... Dealing 18 damage total. (10 Scimitar, 8 Foot.)

Garret leaps onto the roof of the house closest to him and runs to the edge and fires off an arrow at the dragon.

Thovan whispers "No really, go away. His eyes wonder to his right and sees the Kobolds entering the keep, and forgets about his fear of the dragon.

Psychie Psychie Your Turn (Btw the Kobolds are to your left.)

Initiative:
Xinnia 20
Thovan / Garret 14
Andarra 12
Dragon 8
Mor'Du 7
Alexander / Nikolay 4
Kobolds 3

Health:
Bandit Force: 6/49

Kobolds:
AC 10
HP 5

Blue Dragon:
AC 19
Damage Done: 33

Last edited:
Andarra is torn between helping fight the dragon or fight the kobolds. But, after a moment's reflection, the dragon is still the biggest threat, so she targets it with her bow.

And another '1'! Damn!

Psychie Psychie
That's the 2nd one.... I'm sorry but your bow becomes unstrung again... Someone hasn't been doing their weapon maintenance...

The alarm goes out about kobolds inside the keep, those who could see them fire upon them, literally their bodies with arrows. For those who couldn't shot at the dragon and managed to hit the left eye of the dragon. Dealing 35 damage (Wow, 3 nat 20's.....)

Three soldier's don't hear the alarm and fire off into the mass that's coming. Hitting a different three.

The Dragon roars in pain and beats it's massive wings and knocking Xinnia to the ground. It flies into the sky and lands on the northwest corner and unleashes another torrent of lighting and in draconic, "This chore has grown tiresome..."

Then he flies off for a second time but this time into the air and away from the keep.

Five bandit's enter the keep from the entrance.

Sherwood Sherwood

Health:
Mor'du: 26
Thovan: 30
Bandit Force: 9/49

Xinnia 20
Thovan / Garret 14
Andarra 12
Dragon 8
Mor'Du 7
Alexander / Nikolay 4
Kobolds 3

Keep 4.PNG

Last edited:
Mor'du is feeling shamed that his fear kept him from being able to help out in the fight against the dragon, and instead turns his rage on the kobolds. He charges forward with his sword shining bright to start the task of cutting down the intruders in the keep.

18 to hit, 7 points of damage

30 feet straight up from my position there are five bandits. It looks like I can run up and attack the closest one to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back