• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Mor'du lets out an angry snarl as he is injured again, but his sword arm is unwavering as he prepares to go on the offensive.

I am down to 15 hit points. Does the paladin ability of Lay on Hands take a full action or a bonus one?

Andarra once more raises up her bow and targets one of the many kobolds, trying to thin their numbers.

Forgot to add, with my bonus action, I'll go ahead and cast Healing Word on Mor'du to keep him in the fight. I have one more spell to cast after this.
Sherwood Sherwood you get back 11 points. Another max healing roll!

I think that's a miss. :closedeyescryingfrown:

Two mercenaries climb over the wall with the Kobolds at the bottom of the map, they aim their crossbows at Andarra.

The two mercenaries that had climbed over the wall decide to go after Nikolay.

The mercenary from the beginning shoots at Xinnia.

Thankfully they all miss...
(BTW THAT'S EVERYTHING!)

Zotar Zotar

Attachments

• Church11.PNG
    Church11.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
Xinnia took the blows, and shook them off. She channeled the pain into her next focused but somewhat desperate attack. Her sword flashed out in a low arc followed by a fist.
[Attacking fancypants merc]
[Sword hits for 9]

Merc C 6/10
Merc D 7/10
Fancy Bandit 9/?

Nikolay attacks the two kobolds next to him, cutting both down with his short swords.

Sherwood Sherwood Yes, Lay on hands is an action and not a bonus action. Your turn.

Last edited:
Mor'du swings on the nearest kobold, trying to thin their numbers out.

12 points of damage against an AC of 16

Correction: Nikolay killed one of the mercenaries in front of him, I mixed up who was where on the map.

Mor'du the one to the east of you has been killed. (on the map)

The Fancy Bandit smiles in earnest as you stab him Xinnia, and he'll attack you twice. Along with the two Kobolds in the same row.

The ambush drake and the three kobolds around Mor'du will attack. Two of them hit you, take 11 damage total.

The two aroud Thovan will attack him.

The three on the south end will move 30 feet closer to Andarra and sling rocks at her. (Until I make the map the closest of the three is 10 feet away from you.) and all three miss.

Thovan eviscerates the kobold in front of him.

Int:
Xinnia 21
Nikolay 20
Mor'Du
Drakes 18
Kobolds 17
Thovan 12
Andarra
Merc 2

Merc C 6/10
Merc D 7/10
Fancy Bandit 9/?

Kobold in front of Thovan has been slain.

Psychie Psychie Your turn

Attachments

• Church12.PNG
    Church12.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Andarra targets the closest one of the three kobolds that are coming around towards her from the bottom of the map with her bow as she runs up and away from the onrushing enemy to keep out of melee range.

15 to hit, doing a total of 7 hit points of damage.

You manage to shoot and kill the kobold.

The mercenaries closest to Xinnia and Nikolay will attack them.

The Mercenaries chasing Andarra will attack her.

Zotar Zotar the mercenary that was just shooting at you decides to drop his crossbow and pull out a short sword, run towards you and stab at you dealing 6 damage. How much health do you have left?
Also your turn.

Merc C 6/10
Merc D 7/10
Fancy Bandit 9/?

What is everyone's health at?

Attachments

• Church13.PNG
    Church13.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
[Im pretty sure Xinnia is down to 2 life. Can health potions be used in combat? I'll post this evening as Im busy entertaining guests this afternoon.]

[Im pretty sure Xinnia is down to 2 life. Can health potions be used in combat? I'll post this evening as Im busy entertaining guests this afternoon.]
If you can hold out long enough, I can do either a healing spell or a lay on hands for you.

I am down the 11 from the last hit.

The heat of combat enthralled Xinnia. In the rush of adrenaline, she hardly felt the wounds. She even felt a little surprised to see herself bleeding. The moonlight sparkled off of the crimson red, ...and then off of another more hopeful shade red. The heavenly ray fell upon a vial which was strapped in a pouch at Xinnia's waist. Oh, the potion from earlier.

As quick as she could, Xinnia tore the vial free of her pouch with her free hand. She uncorked with her teeth and downed it like a shot of hard liqueur. Magical life force surged through her again, buying her more time and yet another chance to strike. She dropped the empty vial as she swung her sword at the bandit once more.

[heal 8, deal 6 damage to Fancypants]
[Xinnia is at 10 life]

Last edited:
As adrenaline rushes through your veins from the beating you are taking from the mass of bandits around you. You feel the euphoric rush of cutting into the throat of the better trained bandit in front of you. You feel like you're the Queen of the world against him, despite your blade only cutting a millimeter into on of his jugular. (You 'just barely' hit and 'just barely' killed him.)

Nikolay's short swords danced crossed the mercenaries body and it fell to the floor lifeless. He is going to ignore the oncoming group from behind and charge towards the kobold in front of Mor'do in a surge and cut it's head clean off.

Merc C 6/10
Merc D 7/10

Sherwood Sherwood Your Turn. Currently you can barely reach Xinnia. You have 3 Kobolds to the N and S of you. To the W you have a Kobold on an Ambush Drake.

Will update map after mor'du's turn.

Xinnia 8 Life Total
Andarra - Missing 5 Life
Mor'Du - 11 life Total
Thovan - Missing 3 life

Last edited:
Seeing that Xinnia is still in trouble, Mor'du forgoes the chance to attack and instead rushes towards her and lets out a quick prayer to Bahumut to aid his loyal servant. With his touch, he is able to restore another 10 hit points to the wounded woman. "Stay strong! We are weathering this storm, and soon we will be victorious! Just hold on a little bit longer!"

After Mor'du heals you with holy magic, you feel another stab from one of the kobolds, heal take 2 damage. You should be at 18 Health right now.

Your selfish action of healing your comrade gives a perfect opening for one of the kobolds to stab deeply into your side. Take 6 damage. you should be at 5 HP.

Two rocks fly past your head, Andarra.

Thovan parries the kobold's attack and then stabs the sword into it, and sings "Staying alive, staying alive, ah ah ah ha STAYING ALIVE!" towards Mordu, heal 7 you are now at 12 HP.

Psychie Psychie Your turn.

Merc C 6/10
Merc D 7/10

Xinnia 18 Life
Andarra - 17 Life
Mor'Du - 12 Life
Thovan - 19 Life

Attachments

• Church14.PNG
    Church14.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Andarra looks out at the fighting, and can see that the paladin is hurting and is in need of her aid. After raising up her bow to fire an arrow at the nearest kobold, she casts her last spell for another Healing Word to restore the vitality of Mor'du.

Its a miss on the arrow attack, and only 8 points restored to Mor'du.

Psychie Psychie You pull your bowstring back a bit too far and it comes off the notch. It will take an action and a slight of hand DC 10 to put it back on.

The Bandit next to Xinnia attacks and misses.

Bandit D catches up to Andarra attacks and misses. You now have disadvantage to restring your bow.

Bandit C shoots at Nikolay and misses

All Miss.

Zotar Zotar

Attachments

• Church15.PNG
    Church15.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Xinnia beheaded the kobold to her right. Then she turned and violently kicked the kobold to her left upwards under the chin. There was a satisfying crack. The enemy ranks thinned slowly but surely.

[5 and 6 damage to kobolds]

Last edited:
Nikolay realizes Andarra is in duress and charges in for her rescue, with a short stabbing into the bandit and his other short sword cutting down the nearest kobold.

Sherwood Sherwood

Last edited:
Mor'du turns on the ambush drake, and hauls off with a powerful swing.

Critical strike. If I am not mistaken, Str damage is not doubled on a critical, so I do a total of 15 points of damage.

Xinnia 18 Life
Andarra - 17 Life
Mor'Du - 16 Life
Thovan - 19 Life

The dwindling attacks from the kobolds end up missing their targets or being blocked by Xinnia and Andarra, only a lone attack manages to harm Mor'Du for 3 damage

Thovan Swings to finish the Drake off, but misses.

Sherwood Sherwood You are correct only the dice "double" by either doubling the normal dice or rolling 2x as many. Stay consistent.

Ambush Drake 16/22

Psychie Psychie

Attachments

• Church16.PNG
    Church16.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
With her bow out of commission for the moment, Andarra unleashes the power of her god upon the kobold next to her with a blast of Sacred Flame.

Dex save of DC 14 or take 1d8 damage. (7 if he fails it.)

The Kobold Saved

The Mercenary on Xinnia attacks and deals 3 damage to you.

The other will go and attack Nikolay.

Zotar Zotar Your turn

Xinnia 15 Life
Andarra - 17 Life
Mor'Du - 16 Life
Thovan - 19 Life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back