• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Xinnia hid behind a tree while Andarra brought the others closer. Peeking around, she committed the scene across the river to memory.
As soon as she saw her party take position, Xinnia tapped into the boon of her blood. With whispered words of invocation she released four lights, like the angry flames from before. She was growing rather fond of the trick. What if those are the same kobolds we encountered earlier? She wondered idly as the four lights streaked into position to form four compass points around the bushes. With a smile that glowed as bright as her signal, Xinnia resumed hiding behind the tree as the surprise attack commenced.

Last edited:
Nikolay stuck his tongue out at the dragonborn behind his back but kept up with him until they reached the others. Instead of trying to shoot something, he pulled out two short swords. "Real men fight in melee."

Eyes rolled between Mor'du and Nikolay squabble about nothing, but Alexander stayed quiet. He was in partial agreement with Nikolay and readied his shield and spear. When the lights shown he would charge along with Nikolay.

Garret and Thovan followed closely behind Elizabeth, to make sure she doesn't get taken from behind, but when they reached the group and the plan was decided they only nodded. Garret pulled out his longbow and notched an arrow and Thovan readied his lute.

Through shear will of Xinnia four angry lights appeared around the bushes on the other side of the stream. Heads pop up in wonder from the bushes, many of them draconic some small other three times larger. Even some armored heads of men peaked up.

Stream 2.PNG

DM: I'm going to need you guys to do a few things.

0. Do whatever you needed to do before Xinnia cast the spell
1. Roll Initiative as you guys post, then we go into a posting order.
2. Take a surprise round (Movement/Action/Bonus action if you want.)
3. Tell me where you want your character. (Use the 1 - 25 A - Y Grid)

Kobold
AC 10
HP 6
Spear

Mercenary
AC 14
HP 10
Spear/Shield

Ambush Drake
AC 14
HP 22
Bite / Claws

Zotar Zotar still watching fma still watching fma Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

From her position in the trees, Andarra raises up her longbow and takes aim at M1.

Initiative total of 19
To hit of 15, damage of 8 points
Edit: Forgot to add that I'd like to be at point 8G by the tree.

Last edited:
Mor'du breaks from his cover, sword in hand, and he charges towards the Drake, hoping to be able to clear the river with a single powerful leap.

If I can close within attack distance, I will do so. But once again, I fail miserably.
Position M20

Xinnia looked around the tree. Grim observation showed her what the light revealed: a more formidable squad of enemies than she'd yet encountered. Who are these people?

She drew her sword and waited a few beats. Then, after the barrage of missiles, she started running headlong toward the foe which Andarra had shot. She felt something surge inside, a special force which granted a burst of speed. She jumped into the river and was carried a bit farther than she intended, more than halfway across. All else seemed to slow down ever so slightly in her sight, even the splashing water as she dashed.

Is this KI, which my master taught me about? It's finally happened!

Her empowered run took her all the way to her intended target. She started swinging...

[Step of the Wind for 1 Ki Point, Dash BONUS ACTION? with Unarmored Movement=80 feet]
[Positioned F22 near M1]
[Shortsword Attack: 6+17=23 -> HIT]
[Damage: 4+1=5 (corrected)]
[Initiative Roll: 4+16=20]

Last edited:
dlld.JPG
Elizabeth Tsin

Eliabeth gawked at the lights which suddenly revealed several enemies lying in ambush. Her fingers wrenched her collar momentarily, but the spell was broken when the warriors rushed forth and into the fray. She gulped and began channeling ray of frost into her palm, causing ice to form on her palm as she ran out in the moment and thrust her palm forth(at h9), aiming for the ambush drake 1. Unfortunately, her aim was off and the magical ice bullet flew off into the air and sputtered out. All she could feel at that moment was embarrassment and failure. "sorry mister lizard", she said under her breath.

657152825658310666.png

She kept running before stopping at the river, heart beating like a drum and already feeling a tad out of breath. " I'll support you from over here for now"!

Last edited:
At the onset of the signal, Andarra pulls back her mighty bow and hits M1 through the neck. He stumbles holding his neck and turns towards the river to watch four members of the party traverse across the river and attack his party. He watches a dragonborn leap over the river and miss one of their drakes with his sword. A woman rushed out of the bushes on the other side and shot ice at nothing. In a blur of dark a woman appeared before the man from his blind spot and swung her sword at the unguarded wounded man. He fell onto the ground bleeding out from his neck and now his chest. The light of this world narrowed until it was only a light at the end of a tunnel...

Nikolay and Alexander charged after Mor'du, neither were afraid of the water and charged through the stream to the closest two drakes.

"For Honor!" Nikolay shouted and swings at the Ambush drake engaged with Mor'Du with his first sword he managed to sink in one of his swords, but missed with the second. (Off hand weapons get no bonus to attack.)

"For Justice!" Alexander shouted before he struck at his ambush drake with his spear and it pierced the Drake's flank deeply.

Garret took a few steps out of the bush to give him a better shot at the small kobolds and let his arrow fly at K2's head and pierced it's skull as it drops.

Thovan mocked the ambush drake 1 in draconic, "Heel girl!" to no avail.

Stream 3.png

Initiative Order:
Zotar Zotar Xinnia
Psychie Psychie Andarra
still watching fma still watching fma Elizabeth
Ambush Drakes
Alexander
Nikolay
Mor'Du
Garret
Thovan
Kobolds
Mercenaries

Kobold (K2 is Deceased)
AC 10
HP 6
Spear

Mercenary (M1 has died)
AC 14
HP 10
Spear/Shield

Ambush Drake (A2 6 Damage) (A1 8 Damage)
AC 14
HP 22
Bite / Claws

Updates
Xinnia lands the killing blow on M1

Last edited:
The mercenary fell. Xinnia kept going. The kobold was next. "For Justice!" She cried as she moved and swung. The eerie light of her magic reflected off her blade as she brought it down on the poor reptile. A swift kick removed the limp corpse of her foe from the shaft.

[Position: I25 @ K1]
[Swing and a hit for a lethal 9 damage]

[Corrected Damage bonus error: +4 not +6. Apologies]

Last edited:
Andarra gives off a grim smile as she sees their foes start to drop. With any luck, my talents as a healer will not be needed this fight! She then looses another arrow, this time at Kobold 1. She then runs down to position J9 on the map.

OOC and now Sherwood's bad rolls are rubbing off on me!

Got mine already. I'm good! Just waiting for Mor'du's turn on the initiative order.

1579062561144.png
Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth grimaced and felt the frustration and pressure of real combat compared to hitting targets. "I'll teach you, you damn dirty lizard monsters", she said as she grasped her book's spine. "let's try magic missile", she said under her breath as her free hand began to glow with a white light that split into three energies. She pressed her finger to her thumb and took aim at the ambush drake she missed earlier. " Alright you lizard thing, try this on for size", she said snapping her fingers. The magic missiles surged forth with a high pitched whine from her hand and plunged themselves ambush drake 1 with the macabre sound of flesh being ripped apart.

" Take that you stupid lizard"! She yelled out, throwing a fist up in the air out of excitement.

Last edited:
The kobold closest to Xinnia only had time to point his spear toward her before she brought down her sword into his torso and kicked his dying body onto the ground. While three arcane missiles zipped over the river and ripped through the head and torso of the drake like a hot knife through butter. It collapsed immediately after.

The second ambush drake spun around and bit at the human with two swords in his hands, but it's teeth raked against Nikolay's Chainmail

"YEAH!" Alexander shouted, hoisted his spear over his shoulder, took a few steps (K21) and tossed it directly towards the last standing kobold. His spear impaled the kobold on the ground.

Nikolay grunted when the drake effectively just headbutted his chest and tried to swing his first sword but the blade bounced off it's hide, though his second sword managed to pierce the skin with a stab. (7 Damage)

Kobold 1 Parished, Kobold 2 Parished, Ambush Drake 1 Parished.

Kobold (All Deceased)
Spear

Mercenary (M1 has died)
AC 14
HP 10
Spear/Shield

Ambush Drake (A2 13 Damage) (A1 died)
AC 14
HP 22
Bite / Claws

Last edited:
From her position, Xinnia caught sight of six villagers bound up and gagged. With dawning horror, she watched as a stray arrow struck one of the prisoners. "Stay your arrows!" She yelled, pointing. "There are villagers here!"

Mor'du hauls back his sword for a mighty swing on the drake, knowing that they must stop the enemy from using the villagers as hostages.

Total of 19 to hit. I'll go ahead and use one of my spells slots for a Divine Smite.
9 points of damage total.

I actually hit, but do crap for damage. <sigh>

As the arrowhead into one of his shoulders, Gideon Azule, expert thief, let out an angered, muffled, and shocked cry from behind the gag on him.

His dexterous hands tried to struggle out of the ropes.

With a mighty swing of Mor'du's sword, the Drake's head is detached from the rest of the body.

Looking around, the golden dragonborn aims his longbow at the only enemy left standing. He heard of the hostages from Xinnia but was sure of his skill with the bow and let's loose his arrow at the last enemy. The arrow lodged itself in the enemy's should and deals 4 damage.

"You're all alone" magic laced words came from Thovan's mouth at the mercenary.

A grunt and a weird feeling came over his head as he heard the words from the blue dragonborn's mouth, but the spell did not affect him. Seeing that the others were cut down without a fight, the only thing he could think about was to run. He turns and runs sixty feet "south". (to the bottom of the map and out.)

Rainy Afternoon Rainy Afternoon You easily manage to get out of the binds the bandits put you in. When you stand up you are surrounded by some of your neighbors, Bill (35 yo), Jessica (33 yo), Wendy (14 yo), David (18 yo) and Mike (40 yo). You look around to see a very different crowd of people around you. Instead of the small lanky kobolds you have three large dragonborn men, a drow woman, a wood elf woman, a human woman and two human men.

DM: Ambush Drake 2 has perished, Mercenary 2 is running away from the village.
For Mercenary 2, if anyone wants to shoot at him. He is 35 feet off the map. Any thrown weapons (Assuming you move close enough) are done with disadvantage (roll 2 d20's and take the lowest result). Longbows are able to hit him where you are. Short bows and lesser range than 100 will either require getting closer or disadvantage on attack. Moving closer any 60' spell can hit. Any 100' spells can hit as well.
Otherwise the fight's over.

What do you guys do?

Last edited:
Xinnia wasn't about to let the survivor alert others to their presence. "I'll pick up the spare!" Off she ran, tapping into Ki once more, now she knew how. It was a bit like accessing her Elvish magic, but as distinct from it as salt is distinct from Cardamom. Ki was crisp, direct and to the point; like the sword with which she bore toward the last Mercenary. She stepped in front of him and waited. "Where you going?"

[triple move with ki. not quite close enough to attack][Lowsy Intimidate roll: 6 >.>]

Last edited:
asunas 5.PNG
Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth gawked at the ashen elf, but she wondered if she'd be successful. Using the 15 feet of running space before the river, she sprints forth and jumps over the water. She lands deftly and rolls forward taking one more step forward before thrusting her arm forward to release a frost bolt at the guy running.

Last edited:
Mor'du lets out a snort as he looks around. With a smooth motion, he sheaths his sword and goes over to the civilians he spotted. Seeing that they are all tied up, he pulls out a small dagger and begins to cut their bonds. With a cheerful tone of voice, he says, "Do not worry! I am one of the good guys, and we are here to help you. Is anyone injured?"

Angry with herself for missing her earlier shot, Andarra takes a deep breath and lines up an arrow attack on the fleeing target. "Corellon, guide my hand! He must not escape!" With that, she lets the arrow fly.

OOC At least it's not another '1'!

Gideon Thule.png
After Gideon had gotten out of his ropes, he fiddled the arrow out of his armor, it having cut through the leather and cloth to leave a shallow cut on his shoulder.

Gideon's face suddenly warped, taking on a sly, creepy grin, putting his hood up as he saw the dead body of the mercenary.

He suddenly, but stealthily rushed over to the corpse, kneeling down to loot the dead man as the others fought.

He greedily, and hurriedly checked the goods the man had on him.

Elizabeth barely makes the jump and shoots her Ray of Frost at the running mercenary, hitting him in the back as Xinnia gets in front of him. A layer of frost covered his back and he fell to his knees in front of the drow. He looked up at the woman in front of him and heard her question. "Just kill me now, Drow." He said before the arrow fired by Andarra whizzed past his ear and landed in between him and Xinnia. "Take my life you bloody elf before one of your friends takes the kill from you."

( still watching fma still watching fma Sorry for rolling damage for you, it just seemed you forgot. IF you want to attempt to kill him go ahead and roll your own damage.) Zotar Zotar

Sherwood Sherwood

"He did." The old man said and motioned his head toward the self rescued man who went over to the human (Mercenary 1). The man had his hands all over the dead corpse. The rest of the group from the caravan came up to Mor'Du and helped the others be free of their bonds.

Rainy Afternoon Rainy Afternoon

Luck has it out for Gideon, this human has studded leather arm, a shield, a spear and the items from your home. Your weapons, gear and a few of the valuables that you didn't have hidden in your house.

Mercenary (9 Damaged, 1/2 Movement, currently on his knees and is considered prone)
AC 14
HP 10
Spear/Shield

Last edited:
Once he has finished freeing the tied up prisoners, Mor'du looks over at the fellow that was pointed out to him as being hurt. "Hello, neighbor. I am Mor'du, and I can help with that arrow wound if you allow me to do so. Do you wish healing?"

Gideon was overjoyed, quickly getting his bag off of the mercenary and hastily putting both the items, and the shield inside, as well as his daggers.

He saw the armor on the mercenary, tapping the piece of leather slightly. "I'll be back for you, sweetie~"

He slipped the rapier into its sheathe, on his belt, taking the spear up into his arms as well as putting his bag on his back, his money secure now.

He stood, looking at Mor'du with a glare, but an amused smirk. "I've gotten on just fine without your people's help... The most help you've given me is a distraction to get away, for the price of an arrow lodged in my shoulder! Why should I give you the satisfaction of you helping me? Besides, it's only a small wound. My armor took most of the brunt."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back