What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

Dice System
D&D 5e
OOC
Here

Syvvaris

Senior Member
@Zotar You, Nikolay and Thovan all see three bandits emerging between buildings in front of the group about 50 feet in front of you.

@Sherwood You look behind at the group and see Andarra thirty feet in front of the group.

@Psychie Mor'du is in front of you, but you can hear the group behind you to start running. You also hear not to friendly comments about your indecisiveness.
 

Zotar

Actias luna
Xinnia had little choice in the matter. Keeping ahead of the wave of terrified Greenestians, (Greenestites?) put herself, Nicolay, and Thovan on a collision course with another squad of raiders. As she ran toward them, she switched her spear to her left hand and with her right hand she drew a dart. Her charge would not leave her alone and vulnerable this time. She slid to a stop 10 feet away from the merc squad and flung her bolt at the nearest one.

[Rolled a miss]
 
Last edited:

Syvvaris

Senior Member
Thovan and Nikolay pull out their weapons and charge at the closest two. Thovan humming a high pitch and Nikolay tossing a Javelin.

@Psychie, no you and Mor'du have a group of 15-20+ people in front of you somewhere 30-60 feet in front of you. (You and @Sherwood will come in at the "3rd" round if they last that long.)
@Zotar I'm not really making a map for this. Go ahead and take another "turn" and roll initiative.

Bandit 1: 4 Damage, disadvantage on next attack
Bandit 2: 8 damage
Band 3: 0 damage
 

Zotar

Actias luna
Xinnia charged with a two handed grip on her spear and thrust it at the chest of the furthest merc she could see. Then she elbowed her foe in the cheekbone.

(Hits merc 3 for 17 damage, 21 initiative)
 
Last edited:

Syvvaris

Senior Member
@Zotar The bandit you charged falls to the ground.

Bandit 1 charges at Thovan but trips on the way and misses only to be run through with his longsword.

Bandit 2's attack glances off of Nikolay's armor, but his armor doesn't hold up well to Nikolay's attack and he fall do the ground.

The front group of villagers keep running without slowing down, you are all stay with each other.

@Psychie @Sherwood Do you keep running with the 2nd group or do you try to do something else?
 
Last edited:

Zotar

Actias luna
Xinnia did her damnedest to keep the panicked denizens away from bandits. The long and ardous task kept Xinnia on her toes and in a foul mood all the way to the Keep.
 

Syvvaris

Senior Member
Smoke, fire, screams and bandits littered your way towards the keep, but the pillagers never appeared in a great of number to stop the stampede of panicked villagers. Xinnia was swift with her spear and darts. Mor'du exacted swift justice. Andarra dropped bodies in mid stride with her arrows. Nikolay slaughtered those in his way and Thovan never relented in the face of evil.

But...

For a few seconds the dragon soared directly over the group, only twenty feet above all of your heads. Blue scales glistened in the fire and a deafening crackle of lighting ignited a house in front of you, then soared away. Mob mentality kept everyone at a run until the large wooden doors of the keep came into viewed and cracked open for the villagers and you.

Once inside, you hear the voices of Garret and Nikolay and their directions to the new residents of the keep.

What are you doing?

(Also, roll a perception)
 

Zotar

Actias luna
Once the great doors of the keep closed and locked behind the the last of the rabble, Xinnia felt her tension ease and her temper subside. She'd nearly lost her head tonight. Her master might have scolded her if he knew. She saw how her partners guided the people around their new shelter and decided they probably had a good handle on things. Xinnia was not needed here.

When the crowd allowed it, Xinnia excused herself to find food, water, and a place where she could rest, to enter the meditative trance of Elfkind. Exhaustion was just another foe to defeat.

[10 on perception check, Xinnia is worn out.]
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Mor'du will spend his time in the keep going to the various townspeople and trying to calm them down, treat any injuries that they might have, then once these needs have been met, he will try to settle down to rest and regain his spells and recover his lost hit points.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Andarra will also spend her time in offering up as much aid as she can to the townspeople along side Mor'du before making any effort to rest herself.
 

Syvvaris

Senior Member
@Psychie @Sherwood How many minutes do you spend helping people before you go to rest?

Non of you perceive what I wanted you guys too. (It was a high DC)

@Zotar The only food you find is the food you already have on you. There is plenty of water if you don't have any on you, but you do find your way down into the tunnels of the keep were the other villagers are being held until everything blows over.

(Also, as of right now. You guys are now leveled up, but you have not healed any damage yet. Just add the HP you gain to what you have, so you should still be the same amount below your MAX HP.)
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
I'd put the people's needs above my own, since as an elf I only need 4 hours of Trance time to be fully rested.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
I'll spend up to two hours before settling down to get some rest. I don't want to be facing our next challenge without full hit points and spells.
 

Syvvaris

Senior Member
@Zotar
Xinnia can only find water as this attack was abruptly brought upon the town. Any food you eat will have to come from your own rations. However, you do find an underground area where women and children are being kept. You sit down and go into your trance...

@Psychie
You expected worse from the injured, most of the wounds are burns, cuts and bruises. You tend to them as best as you can, occasionally treating a deep non-life threatening cut...

@Sherwood

While you are a paladin and want to serve others, you know the very basics of medicine. Wrapping wounds with scraps of cloth, putting what little ointment on the burns and occasionally give words of encouragement to those with only bruises or sprains...

The smoke clouds part from the sky as the Moon reaches it's apex, the sounds of battle and the roars of the dragon have been constant throughout the night. You all have filtered the sounds from your minds as you are involved within your tasks.

CRACKLE ---- BOOOM

The ground violently shakes, the men fighting on the walls are yelling and screaming... DRAGON!

As you come out of the buildings you are all in, you see the twenty-five foot tall blue dragon standing in the middle of the Keep. A group of men underneath it's front claws, while the sound of it's lighting breath and the destruction of the wall was deafening, the roar it sounds chills everyone's bones.

Keep 1.PNG

Everyone... Roll Inititive. As you come out and lay eyes on the dragon. (If you do.) Roll a Wisdom 15 DC check or be freightened. Also post what your current HP is
@Zotar You are the only one that benefits from a short rest. Gain any abilities you regain after a short rest, and you may use any hit die you have left to heal yourself (Xd8+Con).
It will also take you 25 feet to get to the front of the building.
@Sherwood It will take you 10 feet to get to the front of the building. (1 space above you avatar)
@Psychie It will only take you 5 feet to get to the front of the building. (.5 space below your avatar.)

Each Space is 10 feet.
The red capes on the wall are the Soldier/Militia of Greenest.
The Kobolds are Kobolds.
The beige characters are Villagers.
Nikolay is west of Mor'du on the wall.
Garret is two spaces Directly west of Andarra.
Thovan is in the building North of Xinnia.
Alexander and anyone else I put in are somewhere else. (I forgot to put in.)

(It has been just over an hour since you all have gotten back. Roughly 12:30 at night)
(Also Ignore the Dog looking thing in the picture, didn't see it there when I pasted it.)

Initiative:
Thovan / Garret 14
Andarra 12
Keep of Greenest 9 (All the Soldiers)
Dragon 8
Mor'Du 7
Alexander / Nikolay 4

Blue Dragon
AC: 19
HP: ???
(Oh, modifiers will be used against you with the Blue Dragon.)
 
Last edited:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Has the wall been breached, or is it still intact? Is that the dragon in the center of the keep?

Initiative roll for Mor'du. Total of 7
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Top