What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

Dice System
D&D 5e
OOC
Here

Syvvaris

Senior Member
You both hear murmurs and a small argument before the sounds of heavy objects moving from the door. The door that has been cracked through near the hands an a two-man portable ram off to the side of the door. It takes about five minutes before the door opens inwards just slightly...
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Mor'du stands still, keeping his hands away from his weapon. In his most calm and reassuring voice, he says, "It is safe - for the moment. But we must get everyone out of here and to the safety of the keep. Come. We will escort you along, but you must hurry."
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Andarra peeks around Mor'du's shoulder, trying to get a look at the person(s) inside the building. She offers up a smile and a small wave to help bolster the message of safety that the Dragonborn paladin has offered up. "It is ok. We are here to help you."
 

Zotar

Actias luna
Xinnia chimed in. "Some of us almost died to rescue you all. If you doubt our words, just take a peek outside at all your enemies we've vanquished."

[Doesn't the church have windows?]
[Shall I roll persuade as well?]
 

Syvvaris

Senior Member
Mor'du and Andarra walk into the church to see all of the pews, cabinets and other furniture against the windows and to either side of the door. A noticeable half elf stands in front of you wearing priests clothes and on both sides of him are three men holding pieces of wood as clubs. Further behind them you can see groups of men, women and children huddled together scared.

Silent judgement fell upon Mor'du after he spoke.

The people behind the vanguard rustled, when Andarra spoke her words.

Panic set in at the sight of Xinnia, and the people behind the vanguard rushed forward pushing by the seven men.

"Calm down, calm down!" The slow to talk priest shouted, but fell upon deaf ears.

Women carrying small kids, a bit bigger kids yelling for to others to stay with them, but all rush pass Mor'du... Andarra... and burst out from the door past Xinnia and out into the town towards the keep using the road that winds through town.

A large roar of the dragon echos in the night.

Nikolay and Thovan tried to stop the mob from running into the town by shouting but no one listens.

@Sherwood @Zotar @Psychie What are you doing?

(Not going to lie, I was trying not to have them rush but Sherwood said hurry and Xinnia failed her persuasion check. Remember she is a drow.)
 

Zotar

Actias luna
It was then, with most unfortunate timing, that racial prejudice finally reared its ugly head. Xinnia watched helplessly as the panicked denizens stampeded out of the church. "NO!" She plead. "Not like that!" All this way on behalf of Greenest to be denied by the senseless fear of the commoners. Xinnia felt stung more by the irony then anything else.

As pragmatic as Xinnia was, the only idea which occured to her was to try to herd the stampede in the general direction of the Keep, using the fear of the Drow to steer the people. She dismissed it as too crazy. It came back, and hovered around her head like a housefly.

"We have to keep up with them!"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Swearing under her breath, Andarra turns and begins to sprint off after the fleeing survivors. She does manage to call out, "Stop! It isn't safe out here yet! You need us to escort you or you might run into more danger!"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Mor'du lets out a sigh after he composes himself from getting rushed by the mass of people. Time to move out! He starts out at a run after the fleeing people.
 

Zotar

Actias luna
Xinnia took off after Andarra, Mor'du, and the fleeing people. She yelled over the hubbub. "Can anyone see where the dragon is?!"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Mor'du replies, "Wherever it is, I hope it stays away from us long enough to get these people away from here!" He glances over his shoulder to see if he can spot the dragon.
 

Syvvaris

Senior Member
Nikolay and Thovan took off with the panicking villagers and tried their attempts at halting the group. Though a man covered in blood and another dragonborn didn't look friendly.

"Thovan! Get out in front of them! Kill any bandits that are in their way!" Nikolay yelled and sprinted ahead of them, with Thovan following.

@Zotar , you can hear distant flapping of wings, but the thick smoke in the air keeps you from seeing too much above you.

@Sherwood, your armor keeps you from seeing anything besides the rushing of people and the clamoring of your armor.

@Psychie Two checks just for you. 1 Athletics to yell loud enough (or performance) so they can hear and 2 Persuasion or intimidation

@Everyone. Athletic/Acrobatic checks to keep up and where you are in the crowd of people.

(In case of ties Athletics > Acrobatics)
Nikolay 14 Athletics
Thovan 12 Acrobatics
 

Zotar

Actias luna
Xinnia ran, lept and "parkoured" her way along the left side of the pack. She hoped to get in front and clear any bandits that stood in thier path. She carried her spear this time and kept her head on a swivel for danger.

[17]
 
Last edited:

Syvvaris

Senior Member
Mor'du and Xinnia make relatively to the front of the pack due to a head start on Nikolay and Thovan. Thovan and Nikolay are near the middle when they hear Andarra's plea.

Seventeen of the villagers, including the six men with makeshift clubs and the priest, slow down to a trot and stop to turn towards Andarra whose nearly 60 feet behind them.

"THEN WHY DID YOU TELL US TO LEAVE THE CHURCH! BLOODY HELL YOU TELL US TO COME WITH YOU BUT NOW IT'S NOT SAFE OUTSIDE. MAKE UP YOUR MIND WOMAN!" A man in the middle of the crowd exclaimed.

Though fifteen of the villagers continue to run down the road.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Running after them, Andarra snarls out, "Why not yell a little louder? That dragon up there may not have heard you!"
 

Syvvaris

Senior Member
"You yelled at us first you fookin woman! Maybe we shouldn't listen to her, she doesn't know what's going on."
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Andarra just grinds her teeth together and keeps on running, knowing that any response will probably be the wrong one to make.
 

Zotar

Actias luna
Xinnia reached the front of the herd of people that were still running. She turned and faced them. "YOU MUST STOP!" She pled angrily. She cast her Dancing Lights and let the angry glowing fires illuminate her with her spear held defiantly skyward. "You need to listen to us carefully!"

[Intimidation Roll:14]
 

Syvvaris

Senior Member
@Psychie and anyone who chose to stop with the rear group...

The people watched as Andarra ran past them. "What? Not going give us a speech and just run away?"
"Calm down Morgan! Just follow her and stop being ungrateful."
"What? She wants us to run, then she wants us to stop, then she says we are safe and then she says we are not."

@Zotar and those with the front group.
Your lights do not scare them into inaction and they just run past you.

What groups are you with? @Sherwood
Thovan, Nikolay and Xinnia are with the front group.

Andarra is with the back group.

Everyone make a perception check!
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top