• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
Approaching the barrier, Xinnia saw Andarra look over the wall covertly.
Xinnia also wanted a look. She sidled over to Andarra's right and poked her head up. She took a quick look around and then slowly ducked back down behind the wall.

Mor'du advances slowly, trying to keep covert as they come up to the wall. He, too, decides to look out to see what might be lurking on the other side of the wall.

Total of 15

All three of you peep your heads over the wall, on the other side you can see the rear of the two story church with a vaulted roof and a small raised pillar in the front. <thump> At the back door of the church, you can see six kobolds bailing hay from a cart to the double doors that you all can assume are locked. There are two bandits supervising the kobolds holding torches in there hand. <thump> You all guess the Church is about fifty feet away once you are all over the walls.

Your eyes follow the wall that surrounds the church and the building is centered in the middle of the wall, <thump> but you all do see many groups of two to three patrolling around the open space chanting random sayings such as 'Death to the unfaithful." "She will return." "Come out or you'll burn." Just walking out of sight to the front of the church; <thump> you see two drakes with kobolds riding on them and two other groups of three kobolds.

Nikolay and Thovan followed you all from a couple feet behind and did not peer over the wall. They decided to turn their backs mostly on you all, <thump> keeping watch from anyone sneaking up on you all. "What do you guys see?" Thovan whispered

(The map is basic right now, Will edit if you guys go to combat...)

Attachments

• Church2.PNG
    Church2.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Andarra whispers back to Thovan, "A lot of kobolds, a few human guards, and a couple of drakes with more kobolds on their backs." She quickly describes the exact numbers and locations of the enemy that she saw. "This will not be an easy fight, especially since we are so very much outnumbered, with no real idea of how many of the enemy are out there that might come running to join in the fight."

Mor'du nods in agreement. "I have a cone of cold breath weapon that can successfully hit several targets at once; though it is no guarantee that it will be able to thin out the numbers we are looking at. One option is that we can try a distraction to draw away the patrols, then move in and hit the remaining guards. Any ideas that won't involve burning down the town or getting us all killed?"

Xinnia considered Andarra's and Mor'du's words suggested. "I vote for luring some of them into an ambush. We can make a dragon's breath most effective if we get a dozen foes clumped together in a choke point." Xinnia glanced at the sky and sincerely hoped that her group wouldn't be on the receiving end of that strategy. "Now if we could get some of their outfits..." She let the suggestion hang in the air. Xinnia liked to provide food for thought and see how it was digested.

"I can breathe lightning, but mine's more of a straight line." <thump> Thovan spoke, "But if this place is truly surrounded, if we fight. We may be fighting everyone we have not seen that's around." <thump>

"I am not against fighting them all, but if we want to put them into a choke point. We will have to go to the front, the wall goes around and their must be an opening there, but that leaves our backs to the rest of town." Nikolay commented. <thump>

"We also don't know if we alert some of them, they won't alert the others to what they're doing... But there's not many of use who could fit into their clothing. <thump> Mor'du and myself are larger than most of them we've encountered. We haven't seen any Drow with them, so Xinnia you're out. <thump> Andarra, Elizabeth, or Nikolay can fit into them... Any of you want to wear armor that's been on a dead person?"

"We've only seen maybe one person wearing armor like mine, I'd rather not give this up." <thump> <thump>

Mor'du lets out a slight rumble as he thinks. "I am thinking that our archers can pop up and fire off a few arrows and vanish behind the wall, possibly dropping a few kobolds in the process, then when the rest of the guards come to pursue and attack, Thovan and I can then try to engage with our breath weapons to hit a bunch of targets and thin them out for us to finish off. I have one more spell ready to go; I can cast Bless on three of us to increase our odds of hitting, with my Lay on Hands available to heal us up, along with the magics of our cleric." He looks to Andarra and gives her a nod to show which one he's talking about.

Looking at the others, he says, "Does anyone have any objections or suggestions to this plan that we can go with?"

Andarra shrugs. "I guess that I can do that. I'll just be busy trying to keep everyone healed up. Keep in mind that I only have three healing spells available to me, so don't overdo it. Just let me know when you want this arrow fusillade to start up."

Xinnia draw one of her bolts. She planned to rid herself of as many of these things as possible tonight. "I'll add my skills where needed. I'm flexible. Let's do this."

"Very well, I'll stay close and kill any that manage over the wall." Nikolay decreed. <Thump>

"I can heal a little bit as well, but I'll stick close to Mor'du for now." <thump> 3/5

DM: You guys are not on the map, since the map isn't accurate to what I mentioned. You are all about 20 feet straight south (bottom) off the map. The door is about 50 feet from you. What's on the map is what you currently see. Also, grid on the map, from left to right is 1 - 25. From bottom to top is A-Z

Kobolds
AC 10
HP 5
Sling 1d4
Spear 1d6

Bandits:
AC 12
HP 10
Scimitar 1d6

Andarra knocks an arrow and gets ready to fire. "Don't forget that we all have healing potions that we got from the Keep, just in case it gets nasty. Lets kick this ant hive and let hilarity ensue!" With that, she will lean out from behind the wall and fire her longbow at one of the kobolds that are riding on the drakes.

Total of 8 points of damage on the hit.

Xinnia had another one of her infamous ideas. Her dart was to be aimed at the eyes of the nearest merc. If he didn't die outright, he'd probably be blinded.

[Called shot at disadvantage. Hit for 6 damage and blind?]

Last edited:
While you guys were talking, the Kobolds on the drakes are in the front of the church. You only see what you see on the map.

So pick another target. Keep the same rolls. Psychie Psychie Zotar Zotar

Unless you move. Or decide to wait. Then I'll repost the map.

While you guys were talking, the Kobolds on the drakes are in the front of the church. You only see what you see on the map.

So pick another target. Keep the same rolls. Psychie Psychie Zotar Zotar

Unless you move. Or decide to wait. Then I'll repost the map.
I'll go ahead and target one of the Bandits then.

Both Andarra's arrow and Xinnia's dart land against one of the bandits whose back was to you and he falls face forward with the dart and arrow sticking out from his head.

Thovan and Nikolay lay in wait for anyone to come near or attention to be brought to the party.

However, a few seconds after the body fell to the ground, alerts went around the area you see, but only a few seem to have caught sight of you.

Roll Initiative.

Int:
Nikolay 20
Kobolds 17
Thovan 12
Merc 2

Attachments

• Church4.png
    Church4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Just to clarify, are we hiding by the gap in the wall at the top of the map, or are we somewhere else?

Xinnia saw one dart find it's mark next to Andarra's arrow. With grim satisfaction she watch the mercenary fall on his face. She didn't wait for the second mercenary to react. She drew and launched another at the next target, before ducking back into hiding behind the wall.

[Dart at Merc 2: 16 to hit for 7 dmg ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back