• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tyranny of Dragons (Full) Updated 5/14

Lol. As a person with ADHD, I can relate to Xinnia's failed inspection roll. It's quite plausible to miss something you're is looking for even when it's right in front of you.

I know some people are weird about post length. Am I doing okay?

I know some people are weird about post length. Am I doing okay?
I know with dnd people are used to shorter answers. I myself stick to a case by case basis. I'd rather see 2 or 3 sentences full of personality. As opposed to 2-3 paragraphs of fluff. Although I may crack fluff out myself for big scenes. I doubt extending my posts while waiting for the dwarf would make for an entertaining post, unless I was doing some sort of high level magic.

I know with dnd people are used to shorter answers. I myself stick to a case by case basis. I'd rather see 2 or 3 sentences full of personality. As opposed to 2-3 paragraphs of fluff. Although I may crack fluff out myself for big scenes. I doubt extending my posts while waiting for the dwarf would make for an entertaining post, unless I was doing some sort of high level magic.

That helps. I remember injecting fluff into posts in different forums in the past. I always felt it was unnecessary. It's possible to say more with less words and many authors do.

A perfect example is Syvvaris' writing: "He hears a door open with a dwarven accent." Says a lot that statement.

Last edited:
Now I have a question. Syvvaris Syvvaris Any chance we could try a session Saturday Afternoon? The players we have now are active enough.

That helps. I remember injecting fluff into posts in different forums in the past. I always felt it was unnecessary. It's possible to say more with less words and many authors do.

A perfect example is Syvvaris' writing: "He hears a door open with a dwarven accent." Says a lot that statement.
🤔 I enjoy longer posts though. There's just a charm about describing flanking a dragon and barely ducking away while your heart is beating like war drums. However, when gms want this for every post I just get exhausted.

I definitely know people who can write 1000 words on swinging a sword. Sit there are read for 3-8 minutes for someone to swing a sword... Yeah, I'd rather have the shorter personality. Also I feel bad if someone posts 1000 words to only get maybe 300-400 from me. There's only so much you can type about a single thing before it gets boring.

but still, can't you put out 1000 words if you were playing a game for a year and ended up being the gandalf of the party, facing down the balrog alone?

🤔 I disagree. If you did that week one, I would agree. But if you were sacrificing yourself after a year of playing, it'd be a different story. No one said you had to survive. You just have to be the only one capable of harming it

Syvvaris Syvvaris just an idea: For the sake of narrative cohesiveness, can you have the DMPC's just go off and do something to explain their absence rather than just make them disappear. I just feel it's kinda wrong for them to vanish when they were so instrumental in the opening sequence. Could it also to be possible to find the corpses of the PC's that ended up vanishing inexplicably? LOL

I'm a bit confused on what you mean...
I got a PM from Syvvaris Syvvaris saying that I was at the keep that everyone is arriving at, and that I could put myself into the scene with the dwarf opening the trap door. It sounds like you have a similar message with details relating to your character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back