• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Tyranny of Dragons

OOC
Here
At the rear of the group Xinnia kept her head on a swivel.

Nikolay stops and motions to look forward past the bridge where 6 bandits (3 Humans, 3 Kobolds) talked to each other wielding their weapons. Nikolay, Garret and Alexander took two quick steps forward as if they were about to charge until something big, something massive flew directly over head and let out a deep frightening roar.

The bandits looked at the dragon and then towards the party.

Roll Initiative.

"A dragon!?" Xinnia wasn't ready for that information. Even a hardened veteran was right to feel insignificant under the shadow before the roar. She felt tiny.

The shadow of death passed over them and Xinnia forced herself to mind the immediate problem, one smaller and far more manageable: a troop of human and kobold raiders.

Initiative Order:
Alexander / Human Bandits 1, 2, 3
Zotar
Garret
Kobolds 1, 2, 3
Nikolay
Thovan
Family
??Buckteeth when they roll??

"That would be a reason why these kobolds are here." Thovan said, "If you didn't know Kobolds either are pests and keep to themselves or serve a dragon or master. Steel yourselves, there may be a meaning behind this."

Alexander quickly goes to the foot of the bridge and chucks his spear at bandit #1 and misses. He draws his long sword out.

Bandit's 1, 2 engage Alexander and attack but both clank against his shield. Bandit #3 moves as far forward as he can.

Zotar Zotar Your Turn
Buckteeth Buckteeth Go ahead, roll initiative and take your turn when you get the chance to post.

Kobolds
AC 12
Hp: 5
Slings: 1d4

Bandits:
AC 12
Hp 10
Scimitars: 1d6

Attachments

• Second Fight 1.png
    Second Fight 1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Xinnia advanced forward and to the right, past where Alexander was previously. From the bank of the river, she took aim at the bandit running across the bridge and launched her kobold spear at him.

The spear struck true.

(Critical hit for 18 dmg)

Last edited:
Xinnia's throw impales in Bandit 3's chest, knocking him off his feet and onto his back. His still convulsing body sliding down the spear.

Garret Jax charges forward with his great sword and swings at Bandit 1, with a miss.

Kobolds will say where they are and sling their shots at Xinnia, Nikolay and Garret. A rock barely wizzes by Xinnia's head, but manage to hit their marks on Nikolay (4) at Garret (3).

Nikolay steps to the left of Garret/Alexander and tries to swing his Kobold Club at Bandit 1, smacking him in the face with the kobold dealing 5 damage.

Thovan sings petty words about Kobold's 1 mother, wracking his brain and giving him disadvantage on his next attack.

Family backs up into the woods to your right (Off map)

Alexander attempt to swing his mighty blade down on Bandit 2, only barely manage to rip the bandit's leather armor. 5 Damage

Bandit 3 - Parished
Bandit 1 (5)
Bandit 2 (5)
Kobold 1 (3) Disadvantage on next attack.

Zotar Zotar Your Turn

Last edited:
"Sticks versus stones." Xinnia muttered as a flung stone missed her. "Better get my stick back." She drew her sword and ran over to the bridge. Her comrades seemed held up by the bandits. She would break the standoff.

She rushed in at Alexander's right, and with a stab which she would follow up and a left hook, she tore into the nearest bandit.

Xinnia rushes over to Alexander and over the wall of the bridge manages to stab Bandit #2 in the neck, and he drops.

Garret swings at Bandit 1 in a downward motion eviserating him from nose to stomach. (A fighter ability allows him to reroll 1 + 2 for heavy weapons.) Then charging at Kobold 1.

Kobolds 1 2 3 will sling their rocks at Xinnia, Nikolay and Garret,but miss because they're all scared of the golden dragonborn.

Nikolay will attempt to chase the kobolds

Thovan attacks with magical laced words on kobold 1 and it's head explodes.

Family is huddling on the edge of the forest, not in the forest, just the edge.

Alexander runs towards Xinnia's spear, pulls it out of the bandit and throws it at kobold 2, and impaled it from behind.

Zotar Zotar There is a lone Kobold running away. See picture below . Do you chase or do you let it go?
Second Fight 2.png

Last edited:
Xinnia watched the last remaining assailant flee with Nicolay in hot pursuit. Satisfied that the immediate threat was under control, Xinnia looked all around for signs of the dragon and the family. She found the family hiding (not very well) nearby. Running over to them she cried, "Have courage! We're nearly to the keep!" She went over to help them along and watch over them. Her own courage felt like the silken strands of a newly hatched spider, about to throw her fate to the very winds.

Xinnia hoped to recover the twice fatal spear along the way. A reliable spear is the sort of weapon she'd need for a dragon.

Last edited:
"Drow, I believe the better choice isn't to keep moving on the open road of the town. There are kobolds, humans and dragons. This is not some small time raid that if you kill a dozen or so of bandits and you've crippled them." Garret talked to Xinnia in a hushed voice, "Whatever is happening here, I suspect a small army attacking this town and we must take precautions to avoid any veterans, spellcasters and those far above our abilities. Do you agree?" Garret asked.

Thovan after the battle came over to the family and assisted Xinnia in calming them down by humming a soothing tone.

Alexander has started to rummage around the dead bodies, until the family gets to him and then joins the party.

Nikolay eventually catches up to the kobold and proceeds to bludgeon him with his ally, and then returns to the party.

Zotar Zotar There's a picture below of where you are. You're at #3.

If you leave the area, roll stealth or not.... You're choice.

Attachments

• Greenest Map 3.jpg
    Greenest Map 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
"I agree." Xinnia affirmed. She felt fortunate that all the enemies they'd encountered so far hadn't been enough to stop the party. They'd need more than luck. She motioned to the family. "Have courage and quietness." she whispered with a wink. She pointed off to the right, around a nearby house. She crept forward ahead of the family and peered around the corner to check for signs that the way up the grassy hill to the keep entrance was clear. It was a short distance, but not an approach that granted much cover. They'd be seen for sure. She motioned to Linen beckoning her over. "Is there another entrance?" She asked quietly. "Around the back maybe?"

(Uh Oh. Nat 1 on Stealth. :/ I figured I'd also roll perception since Xinnia is looking for a safe way to reach the keep. At least that roll is decent.)

Only Thovan went with Xinnia, while the others stayed a small ways behind. Thovan grabs Xinnia to keep her from walking directly out from behind the house. Thovan looked after Xinnia left to talk to Linan, only to see the same thing as she did.

"Um, maybe. I think I may have heard something about an old culvert near the stream. It will lead inside the castle." She said unsure of herself.

Xinnia reddened in embarrassment but felt grateful for Thovan's presence all the same.
She considered Linen's answer. "Underground would be better than up here. You sure about the culvert? It's nearby?"

Then to Thovan, "You wanna lead this time?"

"I'm pretty sure it's on the south side of the keep near the bottom of the hill." Linen answered Xinnia.

"I am the lead singer of this band!" He jokes as he pulls out his long sword and motions for the other three to bring the family back. He silently walks towards the river and the heavily wooded area on either side, and follows the river east.

Zotar Zotar After you follow, roll a perception and Stealth check again.

Xinnia followed more carefully this time. She tried not to think too much. Thoughts could be very distracting things and she couldn't be inside her head just then. Step by silent step with her eyes peeled for danger she crept on behind Thovan and Linen.

Nearby, she heard Nicolay make all too much noise. She turned him a reproachful glare with her finger to her lips. Then she continued on.

( Syvvaris Syvvaris I threw in an intimidation roll just for fun.)

Last edited:
Nikolay's stomach twisted and turned, not from the images of the battle, but from the cheese he hate ate earlier in the day. When Xinnia turned toward him to tell him to be quiet, he put his middle finger to his lips back at her. (He is not threatened by you.)

Otherwise, further down the stream when the keep loomed just on the top of the hill. A small mound with a smaller stream at the foot of the hill, most people see this, but Alexander noticed that there are people in the woods with them and grunts a little to get everyone's attention and motions to stop. He points forward where you can see two Cultist shifting around bushes looking for people.

Thovan turns towards the rest, "We should all attack at once and we can go forward." He whispers to the warriors of the group.

Xinnia examined the cultists. Two questions occurred to her. What do they worship? Are they casters? She decided that a ranged attack would be wiser until she new the answer to the second question. The first question would be answered in time.

Xinnia nodded and drew forth a dart. She whispered, "Ready."

"Fire when you hear my insult." Thovan waited for everyone to get ready. Once everyone was ready he turned and aimed for the closest of one.

"You're mother is a hamster!" He let loose an insult with magic weaved into the words. (No Damage)

Nikolay and Alexander fired with their light crossbow and Garret fired with a longbow.

Nikolay and Alexander Both Hit: 6 Damage and 5 Damage, Bandit 2's chest is punctured by 2 bolts and falls to the ground.

Garret hits (+4 to hit) the B1 in the shoulder and deals 4 damage. He has 6 left.

Bandit 1:
AC 12
HP: 10 - 4 = 6 Left

Bandit 2: Perished.

Roll Initiative and Perception Zotar Zotar

Last edited:
b029fe0240d7e62509ff6810a69e6ca4.jpg Mor'du the Dragonborn warrior moves quickly and as quietly as possible through the woods towards the bandits, sword in hand. He plans to extract a bit of justice with his blade against those vile kobolds and rid the world of their evil. At this point, his only concern is wondering if he may be mistaken for one of the bandits when he arrives upon the scene, but he has faith in his God to keep him safe on his path.

Xinnia had no time to wonder at the... originality of Thovan's insult. On that signal she took aim and let her dart fly along with the sudden barrage of missiles from her party. It seemed Xinnia was far better at chucking spears than throwing darts. I need practice.

gcCz0vb.jpg

Elizabeth Tsin

Elizabeth nervously crept over to peek at the two bandits in the clearing. She gulped and tried to clear her throat as she turned to face the fellow who seemed to be leading the party and whispered, " Do you think we should be doi--"? However before she could finish her question he let forth a strangely scathing insult that made her ponder just why did it bother her so much, but now was not the time to be ruminating over such things. She slapped her face and stared toward the two bandits, only to startle herself when one fell over on his back."sh--sh-should we be d--dd-doing this"? Her mind was a tempest of worry and anxiety, but she instinctively still was able to weave her cantrip through intuition alone. A bead of sweat trickled down her forehead as she grimaced trying to remember the name of her spell(ray of frost).

"dang it what's the name"?

ooc- forgot to mention I had +2 for initiative
since I haven't rolled for initiative, I tried to rp why she wasn't prepared to attack

Last edited:
Initiative:
Nikolay
Garret
Family
Mor'du Sherwood Sherwood
Xinnia Zotar Zotar
Elizabeth still watching fma still watching fma
Kobolds
Alexander
Thovan

???

The volley of our heroes only managed to fell one of the bandits and injure the other. Two other heroes join in the fray.

Nikolay noticed the woman, who looked in no way like one of the bandits continued to load, rack and shoot his crossbow at the 1st Bandit. The bolt struck true but managed to stay on his feet. "Garret, we have a stubborn one here!"

Garret was already ready with his longbow and aimed at the strong willed bandit and released the twine with a thwack, the arrow flew true into the Bandit's Eye. This arrow fell the bandit. Seemingly he relaxed his stance before small whispers of Draconian surrounded the party and attacked.

Two Kobolds (1/2) jump out of the bushes behind the warriors and attack the family. Linan is able to defend one of the kobold, but the other manages to stab the father with a spear.

Kobold 3 attacks Garret from behind, but his chain mail armor protected him from injure

Thovan jumped at the words from a woman who manage to get close to them without detection, and in this moment, Kobold 4 jumps from the bush in front of Thovan and attacks. Luckily Thovan's dragonborn culture taught him to never let his guard down and he managed to move out of the way of the reckless attack.

Furious she was taken off guard, Linan attacks the kobold in front of her. She found purchase but not enough to kill the overgrown reptile. While the rest of the family tries to back away from the other one.

Sherwood Sherwood You're next. You're within 30 feet of Thovan but not the rest.
Zotar Zotar Kobold 3 and 4 are on either side of you, but not right next to you.
still watching fma still watching fma Kobold 4 near Thovan is the closest to you. Greater than 5 feet but less than 10 feet. All Kobolds are within 20 feet of you.

Kobold 1: 1 HP Left, Attacking Linan
Kobold 2: on the other side of the small group of an injured father and 3 kids.
Kobold 3: Staring down Garret, next to the party.
Kobold 4: Standing in front of Thovan

Kobold AC: 10
HP 5
Spear 1d6

( Sherwood Sherwood still watching fma still watching fma I am putting the AC and HP of "minions" Down so you can roll for attack and damage if it hits. Also please if you have bonus's to things you do put them into your roll reason. I know what my DMPC's do and currently have the minions have no bonuses so I don't kill level 1 character.)

Last edited:
With an angry roar, Mor'du leaps forward towards the closest kobold (#4) and levels off a mighty swing of his longsword at the nasty little creature.

He is a bit surprised at his own clumsiness when he misses his swing. He thinks, My anger has worked against me. I must maintain control of my emotions.

Xinnia feared for the lives of the family. She had to think fast. An idea lit up in her mind. With command words she knew by heart she called on the gift in her Fey blood. Four lights in the form of torches appeared around her hand. With a wave of her hand she sent them off in different directions. Each torchlight came to hover directly in front of each Kobold's nose. "I'll BURN YOU ALL!" She shouted imperiously.

She didn't wait to see the effect this would have. She was already moving to stand between a Kobold and the family. Her ruse could go a number of ways. But just in case, she drew her sword and took a defensive stance before the kobold that had just attacked the unarmed father. "Surrender." She intoned with menace.

(Edit. D6 roll a mistake. Sorry)

Last edited:
omg.JPG

Elizabeth Tsin

As Elizabeth was panicking internally, scouring her mind with furious intent to find the name of the spell she wanted to cast. Her awareness of the world was near 0. However, she felt a breeze wash over her, accompanied by the sound of metal and scale. She turned around to see the dragonborn of the party she followed lunged forward. Before she could be startled, the warrior lunged forth to intercept the little lizard monster and skillfully dodged the attack. She gulped and clenched her fists. Elizabeth scanned the area to surmised there to be two kobolds in the immediate vicinity. Bolts of light formed around her right first as she cocked her right arm, " Say your prayers you dumb lizard bastards".

She swept her right arm out horizontally, the bolts whirred and whined against the wind as they forth toward Kobold 3 and 4.

ignore first roll, I was looking at my spell description. Magic missile shoots 3 missiles. All hit at once. does 1d4 damage +1

my spell modifier is my spell casting ability +2 and my int modifier +4. I use these for spells that make me do an attack roll. Lemme know if I forgot something

bolt 1 does 5
bolt 2 does 5
bolt 3 does 5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back