• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Worlds Collide

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Eric smirked, "Well, then, I will keep my eyes on him when he is with you and if he tries it again, I will be there." he assured her, "Like a good big brother."

Rowan laughed some. “Thank you, though I don’t think he will. He’s more worried about Emery doing something to me.” She said with a smirk. “So all Smiths are like that?” She asked, curious.

Eric nodded, "They are all flirts, strong emotionally and when they get fixated on a person and decided that is their person they don't take no for an answer." he told her, "But they are good companions, they love powerfully and only one at a time, they focus on just having the one. They are loyal and dedicated. You just have to be careful."

Rowan smiled softly. “That makes sense I guess from what I’ve seen with him. I feel a little bad for him. I do think he’d make a girl very happy, I wish I could be that girl for him, but I know I can’t be.” She said.

Eric nodded, "Understandable, I am sure when she comes around, you will find out just how powerful he can love." he assured her, "But for now, I guess you are the one he kind of is focused on and I will be there to keep him in line."

Rowan smiled. “Thanks Eric. You know when you phrase it that way it’s kind of like you’re my guardian angel.” She said playfully.

Eric smirked, "I don't know what that is, but I am going to take it as a compliment and smile." he said with a smile, "I hope it's a good way to call a trouble maker though."

Rowan giggled. “It is a good thing. Not sure if it’s right for you being a trouble maker, but in a way it is what you are for me.” She said.

Eric grinned, "Then I accept the ideations as a compliment even more." He teased before he looked at her serious, "Listen Rowan, this time was really close and next time you might feel a lot more helpless. They might actually get me next time and Brendon can do whatever he wants to me, and he isn't the only judge here. I've spotted another that will definitely want my killed on sight. Whatever happens, you have to let it. If they find out we are working together, not even Hector can save you. You have to understand, Judges are the most powerful influence in the world and if they decided something, it's the end of it. So, just stay out of their way, no matter what happens." He told her.

Rowan’s smile quickly fell as she listened to him. “I...” she didn’t want that, it wasn’t his fault he was in this situation. “But if they know the truth then there isn’t much that can be done right?” She asked, not promising him anything yet. Her mission was to help him and to figure out who the other spies were. She couldn’t complete her mission without him. That and she liked Eric and she had promised Emery she would get his brother back to him. “We just have to be extra careful right?”

Eric nodded, "We do, because no one can know what our mission is. Not until it completed. So, they can't know the truth, not if I get caught, they won't know the truth." he assured her, "If I get caught before the mission is complete, you have to finish it without me and it'll be harder, but you can manage." he smirked, "You are a lot more then just a human girl, and I would love to be with Hayden again, but this is war, that means everything we do has to count for the better, the human world is counting on that."

Rowan but her lip and looked down but then nodded a little. “I understand that,” she said quietly, but then looked up to him in determination. “So I’m not going to let that happen to you. You have to promise me no more reckless actions, especially with the other Judge here. We’re both going to complete the mission Eric.” She said. “You’re going to return to Hayden and Emery. You can’t give them the hope you might be back just to be taken from them again.” She said.

Eric smirked, "They know what will happen if I'm caught and a Judge is here. They understand the risk that I will be killed and I'm telling you, because I know that you don't understand. If I get caught then you have to understand that there is nothing you can do to help me."

Rowan swallowed hard. “Then you’re not going to get caught Eric.” She said simply, as if that were the best and only answer. “You can’t get caught. I’m going to do everything I can to be sure of that.” She added quietly. She took a deep breath then, trying to calm whatever upset feeling she was starting to get. “Have you been able to find any of the other spies so far?” She asked him.

Eric smirked, amused by her naive notion but he sighed, and nodded, "A few. But there is one that I have to find. It's the one I over heard was listening to Hector's missions. I have no doubt that I would have to find them but now I have to find them faster, because there are things that are going on that I have to make sure the rogues never know."

Rowan hesitated a moment, but then she remembered he said they were safe to talk here. “Like things that Helena can do? And part of why she’s being moved?” Rowan asked, suddenly remembering what Kyle* had told her about the main reason why he was moving her.

Eric raised an eyebrow, "No. Like the fact that they are holding hostages to make others do what they want, including children they keep in the Darkness. They are holding a lot of their influential members that way. Including a Tower Guardian." he pointed out looking at her, "Didn't you know? I would have thought Kyle* would have mentioned it. That's one reason that they want Spys off the board, not many have them, but a few have Guards, people that are labelled next of Kin. If the Rogues get those Guards, they have the Spys."

Rowan looked at him, surprised, but she supposed that made sense. It was horrible though to think of how they were doing that. She’d read up on the darkness and knew very few were ever safe there. “Oh...like I’m Caleb’s Guard...” she said, the words coming out before she could stop them. She bit her lip and looked to him. “Do you think if we could get those captives then it might help with uprooting some of the spies?” She asked.

Eric looked ta her surprised, "you are a Guard, to a Spy. To thee Spy?" he asked amazed, "I really have missed a lot, huh?" he said and then smirked, "If we can free the captured, we might be able to weaken the whole rebellion. That and we might just have a chance to make sure they don't get another tower."

Rowan smirked but nodded her understanding. “We’ll be happy to get you caught up once you’re back for good.” She said. She hesitated a moment. “How hard would it be to pitch this idea to Hector? To get the captives, if it could really be that beneficial. We could maybe even get help from some from the other towers, especially the tower whose Guardian was taken. If you come with me to talk to him about it we might be able to convince him right? My father could go with, I wish you could too, but maybe you don’t. But both of you have been in the darkness.” She said.

Eric smirked, "I died there." he said, "In this tower only two have made it in and out and only one is actually a Warrior." he pointed out with a smirk, "Nicoli and Helena had a mission in the Darkness and they both came back. As for talking to Hector, I wouldn't put it passed him. I almost am positive that he has already thought of a plan and everything."

Rowan raised an eyebrow but then nodded. “Then I’ll talk to him as soon as he gets back. Maybe that’s what his meeting with that council or whatever is about.” She suggested. “I will talk to my father and Helena too about what is in there, especially if Hector agrees. If that could give us the upper hand then it is probably worth the risk.” She hesitated. “What was your mission there for? How...how did you die?” She asked, her tone cautious since she wasn’t sure how he felt about talking about it.

Eric raised an eyebrow, and then sighed, "There were rumors that the Rebellion was starting up there. It's easy to get in, not so much getting out, but the Science found out there was a gap, a part of the Darkness not completely attached the to rest of it. Apparently the gap was made from a bomb set to control the Darkness' growth decades ago. We were supposed to try and link that gap together again, to force them to leave the Darkness and we did. But my team had a little bit of a change last second, and instead of Brendon coming with me, Emery did. Which I was fine with, I wanted my brother to understand what was out there that made war so bad, like your father had done for me. But when I finally found an out for my team, we got ambushed by the rebels on the way we both were going out. I made a choice, Give my brother my shadow weapon before they killed him or let them kill him. Emery had no idea what a Shadow weapon feels like, it's powerful and heavy and it reminds you every time you touch it how very dangerous it is and how heavy the responsibility is, to use it wrong. He hesitated and I got the chance to help him, so I took it, but at that point he was just so overwhelmed by the blade, he made a wrong move and he was saved, but I....I just managed to do a quick spell before my last breath. Was able to warn Hector." he smirked, sadly, "It wasn't Emery's fault. I got them out alive, that's what your father always did, it's what he taught me and a warrior puts themselves under the greater good. I could only communicate with one, Hector was my choice, because it was my duty. It was unfair to do that to Brendon or Hayden or Emery, but I am a warrior and had a choice, I picked it." he explained and shrugged, frowning now, "I wouldn't have changed it."

Rowan frowned, though his story made a lot of things make more sense. “You made the right choice. And by miracle or fluke or whatever you want to call it, you’re back when we need you again. I’m sorry about everything between you going there and ending up back here,” she said. “That guardian angel reference fits even better you know.” She said with a weak smile, hoping to get him to smile a little.

Eric looked at her confused then smirked sadly, "I still have no idea what that is but I'll take it." he said, then sighed, "I know I made the right choice. But it broke Hayden's heart and Brendon left the tower because of it. He isn't a warrior, he will probably not understand why I did what I did. But it seems like they are back at it, though, trying to get through the Darkness again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back