• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Halves of a Whole

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

"Has no one taught you not to play with your food, Romans?" Tyler scolded in a teasing manner as he took the tomato from her and put it back in its place. "Come on. Let's see if you're any better at picking cucumbers. You can't go wrong with that." He said as he closed the plastic bag and opened another one.

"No dirty jokes. We're going to eat these later." Tyler told her as he brandished a cucumber at her. Hanging out with Acacia so much made him have a dirty mind as well so he could see it coming before she opened her mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acacia was already making a face at him the moment he said cucumbers. Her brows raised and her grin suggestive. She laughed when he warned her not to say anything dirty. It was funny to her how he knew what she would say before she would even say it.

"We're going to 'eat cucumbers' later," she repeated after him. Despite her monotone voice, her words were filled with innuendos. She waggled her brows at him before picking out the longest cucumber she could find. How else does one chooses cucumbers? She wasn't sure what was the right or wrong way to choose anything.

"Cia, I swear to God sometimes I feel like I'm hanging out my thirteen year old little brother who just discovered the internet." Tyler said with an eyeroll. The girl really couldn't hold herself. Zero self control.

"We're officially leaving this section and any other section that the internet destroyed... Which leaves us with nothing." Tyler said as he scanned the isles around him. "There's the candy isle. Run off. You're free." He turned to her once he found it.

Between the leg which means no volleyball and no gym and Acacia's sweet tooth and her having control over his body half the time Tyler wondered how many pounds he's going to gain these next couple weeks.

"Hey, I'm just stating the obvious," she said with a shrug, an innocent expression on her face. She grinned once they arrived at the candy aisle. "Now this I know what to pick," Acacia said with confidence. She threw in a packet of Fruit gushers, Starbursts and Warheads into the trolley. Most of the candies she ate were soft and gummy-like, which meant extra gelatin that equates to an unhealthier diet. Fortunately for Acacia, the girl had an insane metabolism rate. She was one of those lucky few who could eat and hardly ever gain.

On the rare occasion, the girl would treat herself to chocolate bars. She bought a few mini Snickers and Milkyways before guiding the trolley to the check out counter. From time to time, she'd catch people nearby glancing over at her and Tyler. She figured it was because of the suit. They were dressed rather fancily.

"Your teeth are going to rot at this rate." Tyler told her as he leaned against the handle bar and watched her. So much sugar for such a tiny person. Well right now she wasn't tiny but tomorrow she will be.

They headed to the checkout and Tyler started bagging their stuff, expertly spreading out the weight so they can be easily carried. "Did Callum say he'd come back for us or should we order an Uber?" He asked once he was done bagging everything. It would be too much to carry these back to the dorms especially with Acacia being on crutches.

"I can just give Callum a call. He's basically my personal Uber," Acacia shrugged, calling Callum on speed-dial. It wasn't long until his car rounded the curb and the groceries were set in the trunk. Callum had took a quick glance at their purchases, almost impressed. He was certain the boy, Tyler, did most of the shopping. The bag of candies, he assumed were bought by Acacia. Callum was also nice enough to help the two carry the groceries up to Acacia's dorm. Only after it was all placed away, he excused himself for the day.

It felt good to be home after a day out in a stuffy suit. Acacia ripped off her tie and tossed the coat onto the couch. Because she was currently in Tyler's body, she also unbuttoned all the buttons to the dress shirt but left it on for "decency's" sake.

"Damn, having a cast sucks. It itches like crazy sometimes," Acacia said prodding the cast with her TV remote.

It must be nice having a personal Uber. But then again he had the advantage of a license. Oh how he missed his baby.

The moment they were inside Tyler flung himself at the couch and kicked the shoes off. "I hate being a girl. I'm pretty sure all that walking made my thighs, or yours actually, chaft." He said with a groan. "No more dresses. No more heels. And for God's sake just take off the shirt I don't have boobs. Guys can walk around shirtless you know." He added when he turned and saw her still with the shirt on but with all the buttons unbuttoned. It was her rule anyway. He clearly didn't have a problem with some skin.

"By the way, I kind of need to take a shower. I'm sweating like a pig right now." Tyler said hesitantly. "I can keep my eyes closed. Just jump under the water real quick and be out again." He reassured her.

Acacia snickered at his groanings. "This was barely a half day. You don't know real pain until you've went clubbing in heels," Acacia mused, pulling out a glass of milk to drink. It was hot and at Tyler's encouragement, Acacia hesitantly slid the shirt off, choosing to toss it into the laundry bin.

"Go for it," she said, peeking her head out from the room to answer, "You've already touched my boobs. I could care less if you bathed in my body." Her initial concerns before were only because she hadn't known Tyler well enough. Now that they were... somewhat friends, she felt more comfortable around him. Although, the ravenhead would still prefer if he kept his eyes closed. She figured he would even if she doesn't ask him to. He seemed like the chivalrous sorts.

"I'm going to binge watch the Shining. I'll be here if you need me," Acacia said, flopping onto the couch to thumb through the TV channels. She has a huge list of classical horror and thriller movies saved on her Netflix account.

"Just to make things clear you made me touch them." Tyler pointed out in defense, turning the slightest shades of pink at the memory but he was smirking, not as shy around her as he used to be.

He pushed himself off the couch and headed for her room to grab a change of clothes then then went to the bathroom. A minute later the sound of water coming from the shower head could be heard.

Tyler kept his promise and kept his eyes closed for the most part, and if he had to open them to steady himself or grab something he'd look at the wall and avoid glancing down. He also tried to use his hands as little as possible but some things were just unavoidable. Damage was kept to a minimum.

"Mission accomplished. Saw nothing." He said as soon as he stepped out and let out all the steam with him. He had changed inside and kept a towel around his (Acacia's) shoulders to catch the water drops from Acacia's hair which he couldn't completely dry. "What do I do with this? Do I blow dry it?" He asked her as he held up a lock.

Acacia glanced over from her show when she saw, or well, heard Tyler get out. Taking the remote in hand, she muted the sound but allowed the movie to play on. She's already watched it many times before so it wasn't like she was missing out much by letting it run on mute.

"I'll help you dry it. Come here," she offered, going over to take her hairdryer up. Plugging it to the socket beside her, Acacia sat on the couch and motioned for Tyler to sit on the ground infront of her.

Tyler moved to sit on the ground in front of Acacia, resting his back against her legs. It took way longer than it did when he dried his hair.

"Thanks." Tyler said once it was dry and Acacia turned off the dryer. He reached out and carded a few locks. It was soft and he had the urge to sniff it but that would be too creepy.

Finally he got up and turned to her, "I'm gonna go make a cup of tea. Want anything?" Tyler asked as Acacia got up to put the dryer back in its place.

"Hmm, maybe coffee. Make it black," Acacia replied with a grin. It was a Saturday anyways. She didn't need to sleep.

The movie was switched back to un-mute, but this time Acacia had lowered the volume so that it wasn't completely distracting. Twisting her body, she looked back as Tyler went to her kitchen to fix something up.

"Hey, how do you shower with a cast on?" she asked, remembering the posted note he had left that morning. A reminder to not get the cast wet which sounded quite challenging.

"There's this plastic cover that goes around the cast." Tyler explained as he moved about, starting to get familiar with the place enough to know where the basic things are kept.

"I actually didn't get it yet but we should probably get two and keep one here, yeah?" he suggested. Part of him was afraid Acacia would feel like he was invading her personal space by bringing something of his to it but then again in their situation what exactly is personal space?

He finished the drinks and brought them over to the living room to join her. "What is it with you and scary movies?" He asked as he set the cups down on coasters. He had a feeling they were Callum's doing. Acacia didn't seem like one to care much for ring marks on her coffee table.

Acacia nodded at his suggestion. It seemed reasonable enough, especially given how his broken leg was partially her fault. She felt guilty about it, but then again, it had been a consequence of Tyler's own actions. Oftentimes, she had to remind herself that.

"They're entertaining," the babe replied, leaning back in her seat as Tyler passed her the drinks. It was set on the small table beside the couch and Acacia groaned, forgetting to tell Tyler that she wanted it iced. "It's funny to see how people would react in scenarios like those. You should see the ones about serial killers. I like to think I'd do a much better job at surviving," she boasted, after having collected a substantial amount of data from all the horror movies she watched.

"You think you would be able to survive a horror movie?"

"Depends on the plot." Tyler said as he sat down beside her and tucked his legs till his knees under his chin. He grabbed his tea cup with some difficulty but managed to balance again with it now in his hands. "If it's something super natural then no, I definitely won't survive. I'm white and I'm a guy and for some reason we never survive in horror movies. If it's only a serial killer then I think my chances are pretty high. At least I won't make the same mistakes the actual characters make." He explained, blowing a little at his drink before taking a sip. It was still super hot but that didn't seem to bother him.

"If we wake up tomorrow and find that the apocalypse has started do you think we'd have a good chance at surviving?" He asked her since they were on that topic and promptly glanced at the cast. Who was he kidding? They're totally screwed.

Acacia laughed, understanding his reasoning all too well. The straight white guy was usually the second or third to die in horror movies.

"Well, technically you're a mixed-blood girl at the moment. That increases your survival chance by 10%. The fact that you're me increases it by 100," she grinned, trying in vain to sip her coffee. It only served to scald her mouth and she hissed, pulling it back from her. Making a puppy face at the male, she asked him with a high pitchy voice, "Will you be a dear and get me some ice for this drink? Pretty please."

Her cup of coffee was shoved into his hands as she took his cup of tea from his. Unlike Tyler, Acacia had a cat's tongue (which proved to be more of a mental thing than physical because Tyler was drinking the hot thing as if it was nothing).

She thought about his question a bit, laying down on the couch with her legs crossed, hanging over the armrest. "Hmm, probably not. Mostly because I can't cook and you can't run. We'd probably be screwed." Then she thought a bit more, "Well, I suppose I could scavenge for canned foods. I would like to think I'd be able to survive." She said cockily.

Last edited:

Tyler smiled as he took her drink and got up. He wasn't sure how he found something so normal as Acacia's inability to drink hot drinks cute but he did. The girl had pretty cute traits if he actually thought about it. Maybe he was so surprised because he didn't see someone as Acacia Romans being cute.

Hot? Of course, he's not blind. Crazy? Most of the times yes. Cute was new.

"Yeah but think of it this way; I can cook for us and my leg's only broken half the time." He pointed out, "So between the both of us we'd make a pretty good team. I'd say we'd survive for about two months." He mused, returning with the drink.

Acacia was taking up all the couch because Tyler was tall so he decided to perch on the armrest. He sat there with his legs criss crossed beneath him and his tea once more in his hands.

"Hm, true," Acacia replied, closing her eyes as the movie credits began to roll. "What would you like to do before those two months end? Any bucket list items that must be fulfilled?" She opened her eyes and sat up suddenly, grinning mischievously like a Cheshire.

"Like getting a girlfriend for one thing," she pointed out, taking her iced coffee.

"Losing my virginity seems more important." Tyler admitted with a slight blush. It was embarrassing to admit he was a virgin still but Acacia already knew since practically day one.

"And getting a tattoo." He added. Though he didn't look like the tattoo type of person he had wanted one ever since he knew what it was.

If the topic of relationships hadn't had her interested in the beginning (it did), then the subject of Tyler's impending virginal status sure did. She crisscrossed her legs the best she could with his cast on and rested her elbows on her knees with her face in her hands, looking smug as hell.

"That can be arranged," she replied, not addressing which problem she was referring to. Her brows were raised as she stared in surprise.

"What tattoo would you get?" Acacia asked, not bothering to hide the surprise in her face. She was curious of course. Tyler didn't strike her as the tattoo kind of person.

What can be arranged? The tattoo thing or the virginity thing? Because the way Acacia smiled at him Tyler couldn't figure out which one she was talking about.

He shrugged at her question. "I always knew that when I got one I'd get something meaningful. But nothing really meaningful or interesting happened to me. At least till the whole body swapping thing started happening." Saying it aloud, Tyler realized how they were starting to get the hang of things to the point where it was losing its weirdness.

"It wouldn't be something too big. Not like a complicated design or anything. Just something simple." He added, "I'm not too sure about the location."

"Hmm something simple," Acacia repeated, trying to picture Tyler with a tattoo. She looked at herself for that given how she was in his body. "Maybe something minimalistic then? You can get one on your butt," she said jokingly.

Raising a brow, Acacia addressed the other issue, "Why are you still a virgin, by the way? Or better question, why are you still single?" She had leaned forward this time, her arms resting on Tyler's lap as she peered up at him, curious.

"You're not gay or ugly or rude. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get one." Her brows knitted together now confused.

He knew she was only kidding but Tyler still shook his head disapprovingly at the butt tattoo suggestion. "If I'm getting one I refuse to be one of these people who gets it on the butt." He told her before taking a big gulp of his tea which was already getting cold.

"I didn't want to do it with just anyone and I never felt like it was the right time." He explained, "I guess I always imagined my first time would be special. And I thought everyone waited till prom but I guess I'm old school."

It was a little embarrassing admitting all of that to her. He knew it was odd and in their school it's almost taboo. If word got out people will think something is wrong with him.

She listened and considered his words in thoughtful silence, finding it admirable how he saved himself for someone special. It wasn't as abnormal as he believed it to be.

Whoever his first was, or his future girlfriend is, would be a lucky girl. Acacia couldn't help but feel wistful. She cut her thoughts short before the ugly green eyed monster reared its head. Acacia, jealous? No, that's absurd...

She smiled softly at him. "Nah, it's not that old school. I think that's quite nice. You help to keep chivalry alive," she said patting his knee.

Last edited:

Tyler smiled, "Thanks I guess." He told her.

If it was anyone else they'd say he was lame. Doesn't go to parties, is still a virgin, doesn't step out of line. Yup, definitely lame. But here she was, the school's Mad Dog, actually comforting him.

"You know, Romans, you're full of shit." He deadpanned, moving to sit on the couch instead of perching on its armrest and turning to face her, "You let people think you're the mean bitch who doesn't care about anything but you're not a mad dog after all. You're actually a decent human being." He confronted her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back