• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Halves of a Whole

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"He's a good kid. Kinda sad he'd have to grow up alone though," Acacia sighed, understanding the pains of a large age gap with her siblings first hand. Though, she can't really blame the ages for their distant relationship. It was mostly due to clashing personalities and busy schedules.

"What do you want to know?" Acacia asked, not sure where to start. While she liked her brother David, she wasn't super close to him. He was a lot nicer than her other siblings (except Thomas) though and had a mind for himself, unlike Leianna.

"David's a nice, unmarried old fart. He has a darling Russian Blue cat named Mia and she's the sweetest thing ever. I think he's picked up a new one if I'm not mistaken," Acacia said, grabbing her phone out to take a boomerang snap of the stringy cheese.

"Sounds like a CatLady in the making to me." Tyler said with an amused smile as he watched her take the boomerang.

He started thinking about how different their families were. Hers was large and distant while his was small and not exactly knit tight but he has plenty of fond memories with his fathers and they still hang out when they can.

"Oh by the way, my dads are coming this Tuesday and while Dad is at work most of the time Papa usually stays home but he mostly stays in his study or in the living room to write." He told her, knowing that things might not be as easy as they were before now that they're not both completely on their own.

He paled when he remembered something.

"I didn't tell them about the cast. Shit they're going to freak out. What do I say?" He asked her, knowing they'd probably ground him if they knew he was at a party drinking and he got into a fight. They wouldn't care how old he was. He'll definitely have to come up with a lie but what?

"Hey! Only I can insult my Catlady-in-the-Making brother," Acacia said, slapping Tyler playfully on the arm. "He's a nice guy though. His friend was the one who taught me to play piano."

She ate casually until the mention of his parents were brought up. "Should I avoid them by saying I'm coming over to your place? Err.. my place? You know," Acacia suggested. She wasn't sure if she could handle being alone the whole day with a parent, let alone one that isn't her own.

"Shit, you didn't tell them yet?" Acacia was surprised. Breaking a leg and getting beat up was a pretty big deal. Tyler was sent to the ER after all. "Uhh, maybe you fell and hurt yourself during volleyball practice?" she shrugged.

"Between Liam, Nathan, and you, I have plenty of excuses to be outside the house a lot. And I can come up with a new project that needs a lot of research at the library or something." Tyler told her with a shrug, "We'll figure it out."

"And yeah we could say that. Hopefully the bruise by then would be healed." He added, "But let's say it was during practice while somewhere outside of school in case they go there and ask any questions." He added, sounding a lot more confident about their ability to get away with this. "It'll be trickey but it'll work out. My parents don't have a lot of free time on their hands so they're not very attentive and they're almost always jet lagged."

"Sounds good. I can lend you some make up to hide the bruises if it doesn't fade," Acacia said, relaxing once she knew she won't be entrapped in the room as Tyler. She ate the rest of her food as they devised their plan, working out any kinks or mishaps, going over what-if scenarios. It was long until their what-ifs deviated off the tangent and soon, the two were rambling about random questions.

"What if your friends, Nathan and Liam were struck with a fatal disease and you could save them only by sleeping with them," Acacia said, "Would you?" she asked, sounding amused when she did.

Tyler was a little more relaxed now that they went through all the scenarios. Once they finished their food the waitress came to take their plates and offered them the dessert menu.

"I'd turn off the lights and do it honestly. Some homo is okay." He said with a slight shrug. "Wipe your butt with saran wrap for a year or sandpaper for a year too." He asked as he looked through the menu.

Acacia ordered a sundae parfait for the two of them to share, claiming to be too full to finish one herself and yet being greedy for dessert.

"What kind of question is that? Saran wrap, of course. I don't want a bloody asshole," she laughed as the dessert was brought in.

When they talked enough nonsense, Acacia brought up a question she's been meaning to ask for a while now. "So.. How was your date with Charlotte?" She tried to phrase the question casually as she poked the ice cream in the sundae with her spoon.

"Everything you could ever dream of and more?" There was a hint of sarcasm in her voice, despite her best efforts.

Tyler frowned as he pressed the spoon against his tongue. "God, it was horrible." He told he, shaking his head. "She was basically ignoring me the whole time and I'm pretty sure she went to make out with Wesley." He added.

"The best part was when she left actually." Tyler said with a humorous chuckle, "And I'm guessing Wes was a dick as usual?" He asked.

He hadn't sensed the sarcasm or caught Acacia's effort to be nonchalant. Maybe because it was she was in his body and he didn't catch facial changes as well as he did with other people.

"Yikes," Acacia said, though she wasn't surprised. She munched at the cereal underneath the ice-cream, feeling rather smug that her little revenge plot had worked. All those hours doing make up and hair were worth it if it meant foiling Charlotte's plans.

"Oh, that was probably my doing," Acacia said, smirking. Of course, Tyler wouldn't know what she had done to Wesley. The marks she left on him were definitely seen by Charlotte, and knowing how jealous she could get, Charlotte probably blew a fuse.

"Come on. You saw it coming a mile away." Tyler pointed out after her reaction, taking a bite of the ice-cream. He didn't regret going anyways. At least it was a new experience.

"Ciaaa," Tyler drew out the last syllable of her nickname, giving her a pointed look, "What did you do, Mads? Other than take Wesley to the party knowing he and Charlotte are kind of a thing." He told her.

"I don't know. Did I really?" Acacia replied, playing dumb as she took her last bite, leaving the rest for Tyler. She blinked innocently up at him, shrugging at his question.

"Well," she said tentatively, folding her hands before her, "I may or may not have left some evidence that me and Wesley hooked up for Charlotte to find." The rest could be left for Tyler to decipher.

"Evidence huh." Tyler said with a hum, looking down at his icecream to hide his light blush. He didn't like the thought of Acacia making out with Wesley. Tyler told himself it was because Wes was an asshole and Acacia deserved better. Nothing else.

"You know besides the whole fighting and ambulances and Charlotte and Wes drama, the party was actually nice." Tyler added as he looked up again. Taking away all of that only left the time he spent with Acacia.

A smirk formed on the brunet's face. She couldn't have agreed more.

"Courtesy of mwuah?" she joked confidently, placing a hand on her chest as she batted her eyes. It didn't have the same effect, given how she was in Tyler's body. "Come on, let's not keep Callum waiting," Acacia said, noting that their food was finished. She insisted on paying this time, especially since she was in Tyler's body and had to keep up the role of an affable, good boyfriend.

Tyler made a face and shook his head at her. "Doesn't really work when you're in my body." He told her with an amused smile.

"You spoil me, Romans." He told her after she insisted on paying and they left together. Callum was in the same place they left him and they quickly got in the car, eager to get home and get changed and just lay down.

"This was nice." He told her once the car started moving, resting his back against the door and the back of his head against the window to face her, "We should do things like this more often."

Acacia rose a brow at his comment, though she couldn't agree more. It was nice having company. It made family gatherings much more bearable than be alone to shoulder everything.

"If you're talking about the food, then sure. I'll pass if you're referring to stuffy family gatherings. This suit is killing me," Acacia said, tugging her tie loose. She hated tight-fitting clothes.

"Neither. I was talking about the restaurant." Tyler deadpanned, pointing in the general direction of it.

"I hate these shoes and my thighs have been touching the whole day and they're starting to hurt." He told her as he bent down to take off the shoes again. They were getting closer to the dorms as the Korean place was pretty close.

Once they were finally there Callum stopped Acacia before she went in.

"I'm going to pick up your groceries later. Anything specific you want this week?" He asked her. Every week he got her groceries with the basic stuff but everytime he asked her in case she wanted anything more.

"Actually, I can do that." Tyler told him, making the man's eyes widen.

"Are you sure, Miss?"

"Yes, Callum. It's time I learn my way around a super market." He told him, glancing back at Acacia (Tyler).

Surprised as he was, Callum didn't protest further and after making sure they'd be alright he left for the night.

Last edited:
"Heels. There's a reason why they're one letter away from 'hell'," Acacia mused, feeling sympathetic for the boy. She would know first hand.

She couldn't wait to get home and change into something comfortable, but her plans were brought to a halt when Tyler had unexpectedly, volunteer to go grocery shopping on behalf of Callum. Acacia rose a brow, shooting him a 'what are you doing?' look. But by then it was too late. Callum had already left.

"Grocery shopping. Really?" Acacia asked, unbuttoning the top two buttons on her white button up and loosening her tie further. She slipped her coat off as well, holding it in the crook of her arm. It was so stuffy and hot and Callum had dropped the two in front of the supermarket at Tyler's request to take him the butler's role.

"Well, I guess I could re-stock on starbursts here..." Acacia grumbled, choosing to look at the bright side of things. She followed Tyler into the supermarket. The cool air inside was very much appreciated.

"This'll be fun! Trust me." Tyler promised her as he led them over to the carts and took one out. "I'm the one who does the grocery shopping at home and I like to think I've become somewhat of an expert." He said as he threw her bag inside and took the coat from her to hang on the handle.

"Also if we're going to be spending most of the time at your place then we should stalk up on food that's a little more complicated than adding hot water." He added as he started strolling through the first section, dairy.

"How much milk do you usually need? Gallon?" Tyler asked as he picked up a bottle to check the brand. "We should also get cheese. Cheese is essential. If you have certain dislikes other than celery this is where you tell me."

"Huh, well. If you say so," Acacia said, following him around with his crutches. If it weren't for his broken leg, she would've happily volunteered to push the cart, only to race it down the empty aisles with her feet balancing on the cart's ledge. If she was feeling particularly mischievous, perhaps she would've simply scrambled onto the cart and force Tyler to push her around. That would've been fun.

"Uh... sure? Yeah," Acacia answered, not really knowing what to get. She didn't cook so she had never bothered shopping for groceries before. "Celery is a no. Eggplant too. Hmm... Beansprouts. Those are gross as well. I think that's about it?"

As they walked down the aisles, picking out cheese, Acacia confessed, "To be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing here. Callum does all the shopping and the cooking. I don't even think I really use cheese unless it's for Mac and Cheese. And even then, that's always been the instant, packaged kind." She laughed, having the decency to at least look ashamed.

"No eggplants? But they're nice!" Tyler argued as he put a couple items in the cart. He wouldn't add something she doesn't like though. So no eggplants then.

"Maybe I should sneak some in your food. See how you like that, mint chocolate traitor." He teased as he paused between the isles. "You should get inside. You can't walk for a long time in this thing." He told her, gesturing to his cast.

Before she even thought about arguing he added quickly, "All the extra pressure you put on it today will come back to bite me in the ass tomorrow so just hop in. I'm not heavy."

"They're nice as an emoji," Acacia replied, making that face. (The usual shit-eating grin.) "But not so much as a food," she shrugged, throwing in random snacks into the trolley as well. Mostly chips and instant noodles. The simple things which she can eat.

"I'll like to see you try. I'll shove a whole bar of mint chocolate if you do," Acacia warned, sticking her tongue out at him. It wasn't like the thought of riding in the cart hadn't crossed her mind. She just wasn't sure how to get in with one leg in a cast.

"I don't think that's a good idea," she decided in the end, choosing to be reasonable for once. "I might break your other leg if I try to get in with this." A smile crossed her face. A joke which only she found dryly humorous. "But I appreciate the sentiment, Bay."

Tyler rolled his eyes both at the emoji joke and Acacia's choice of snacks. "You know the whole point of this is to start eating real food." He said as he picked up one of the noodle packs she threw in and examined it. He put it back inside in defeat.

He doesn't remember ever sitting in the cart and he saw her point. It would be pretty tricky with his height. "Well if you get tired just say something." He said as they walked slowly through the isles. As they walked he picked out more tea and an instant cake mix to make some cupcakes.

"If you had to choose one breakfast food to live off your entire life what would your choice be?" He asked her when they passed by the breakfast section, grabbing a dozen eggs before leaving.

"This is real food," Acacia said, clutching a bag of chips to her chest. "Shh don't listen to him. I won't let him discriminate you like that," Acacia said to the bag of chips, mostly as a joke as she patted the package before tossing it back into the cart.

"Pancakes," Acacia answered immediately, "With blueberries. Not in the pancake but just on top." Blueberries were cute. She liked how small they were and how they popped in her mouth. She wasn't so much of a fan when they were mushy though. "What about you?" she asked as they neared the produce isle where all the greens and fruits were.

"Weirdo." Tyler said with a shake of his head as she talked to the bag of chips.

"Eggs most likely. They can be cooked in so many different ways you'd never get bored." He told her, sounding like he'd actually thought this through. He did in fact. Buzzfeed Tasty was the first channel to show him just how much food you can make with eggs.

Tyler paused once they were at the greens section and grabbed a plastic bag, holding it with one hand as he reached for a tomato. After picking up three and tossing them back in he picked one that seemed to satisfy his standards and placed it in the bag. In the end it was a total of five that made it.

"Ever picked out vegetables before?" He asked Acacia as he picked one from the bag and handed it to her, "This is what you should go for. Give it a shot." He said as he stepped back so she can reach the crate with the tomatoes.

"Pancakes have eggs in them," Acacia points out randomly. Though she has no idea how to make them from scratch. She usually gets Callum to make them for her.

Acacia watched with modest curiosity as Tyler began picking out the tomatoes. She didn't really understand what was going on. If they were red and didn't have spots, they should be fine right? The tomato Tyler placed in her hand felt like any ordinary tomato so she chose a few on a whim. Most of them were old and large and it wasn't until Tyler began pointing out what to look for did she get better at choosing better tomatoes.

"I dunno," she said with a shrug, "All of them seem pretty good to throw if you ask me." Her grin became devious as she tossed a tomato in the air, catching it with the same hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back