• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Halves of a Whole

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Acacia took her seat across from him, watching him drown his pancakes in syrup. That seemed like something she would do, but she wondered if she should tell him that his plans for the day, may not be carried out as he hoped or planned.

"Yeah, uh, about that," Acacia said with a small frown, cutting her pancakes into bite sizes, "I have classes on Saturday and Sundays from 4 to 6 at Skylar. It's one of the conditions my parents set for me to dorm," she pointed out. Skylar Intermark was a prestigious tuition center that only accepted students from elite background. Their courses and classes were extensively difficult.

"But today's my sister's birthday so if you're lucky, maybe you won't have to go," Acacia added, adding maple syrup to her pancakes as well. Her phone rang just as she said that. The called ID was Leianna Romans.

"Fuck, who am I kidding?" Acacia sighed, unable to pick up. If Leianna heard a guy's voice receiving her call, she'd freak out and probably give her a whole lecture on chastity and propriety.

Last edited:

Tyler groaned around his mouthful of pancakes. "You have to be kidding." He said after he swallowed. "So it's either classes on a weekend or your sister's birthday?" He asked with a pout. He just wanted to rest for a day. Just one day.

Her phone started ringing and he leaned in to see the caller ID, looking a little worried when he glanced back up at her.

"What do I do? Want me to answer? What do I say?" He asked, knowing that they can't avoid her whole family forever.

Didn't make it any less intimidating.

Acacia nodded. She had to keep up her grades one way or another. With her weekend classes at Skylar, she didn't really need to pay much attention in the classes at school. She already knew the general gist of things.

"I don't know. Make up a story! Say you can't make it. You broke your leg or something," Acacia said. Technically it wasn't a complete lie.

"Hello? Cia? You're coming to my birthday gathering right? We're sending Thomas over with Callum to pick you up," a girl's voice spoke on the receiving end.

"Uh. Hey, Leianna." Tyler greeted his 'sister' awkwardly. "Happy birthday !" He said with too much cheerfulness.

"So look, I can't come. My.. Uh.. Boyfriend broke his leg yesterday and his parents are out of town so I can't come today." He said in a rushed tone, hoping she bought it. It wasn't completely a lie.

Acacia knew it was a bad idea to let Tyler pick up the moment he greeted Leianna happy birthday in an all too cheery voice. She almost facepalmed herself and listened on, startling when Tyler called himself her boyfriend.

"Abort! Mission, abort!" she mouthed frantically, staring up at him slack-jawed. Was this karma for boyfriend stunt she pulled with his parents? Maybe.

"Your boyfriend? When did you get a boyfriend? Cia! Does mom know about this? You must come then. Bring your boyfriend along. I'll tell Callum to bring a wheelchair for him if he needs one. You better come! Don't cause Callum so much trouble. I'll see you later then." And just like that Leianna hung up.

Acacia was holding her head in her hands groaning. "Oh my God, what have you done?" Acacia asked him, looking more scared for him than herself, "My parents are super judgmental when it comes to these things. They're going to skewer me alive if you don't match their credentials."

"How well did you do on last year's exam papers? Do you still have the results? And your family's medical history. Fuck, you might as well hand me your resume if you have one. God knows you'll need it," she then looked at herself and frowned, "God knows I'll need it." She corrected.

Oookay, so maybe things won't go as smoothly as they did with his parents, and Tyler was pretty sure he now screwed them over even more. "Cia. Calm down. We can still fix this." He told her, but he didn't even sound convinced himself. "What's the worst that could happen?" He asked, not knowing that the words would turn to bite him in the butt.

"We're going to dress you up and cover these bruises then go to your place and you'll help me with my makeup and we'll be the perfect fake couple to impress anyone." He promised, not knowing how this will happen when things weren't totally okay between them.

"Easy for you to say. You have no idea how strict my family is," she groaned, hoping Tyler could face the harsh criticism. She developed a thick-skin way before her high school days. The ravenhead had her family to thank for that.

"We better finish this up fast so I can brief you on what to say, what not to say. What to do and stuff. Oh boy," she exhaled, pushing her hair back. "I hope you're good at memorizing facts."

Breakfast was eaten and because Acacia couldn't stand without her crutches, the dishes were left to Tyler to wash. She thanked him for the food and grabbed a change of formal clothes from Tyler's closet, telling him about her family details as they walked back to her dorms.

Tyler was absorbing the information as he could as they drove to her dorm and had to leave his car there. He went up with her and started brushing her hair and straightening it with a curler while she tested him on the information said on the way and picked out an outfit and makeup.

She still hadn't changed from the shorts and t shirt he wore to bed, deciding to change in her dorm to buy time. "If you can't do it with your eyes closed then don't bother. It's going to be tricky getting dressed with the cast on." He told her.

He tried to do as decent of a job as he could without burning her hair and somehow the intensity of the situation made his brain memorize faster. He could tell how nervous Acacia was about this whole thing, and he never thought he'd see her so worried. That alone spoke volumes about her relationship with her family.

"Here, let me help you with that," Acacia offered, actually impressed that Tyler would know how to curl hair. "Who taught you how to use this?" she asked, as she tied her hair up in a half ponytail, letting the curls cascade down to frame her cheeks. The look gave her a very soft, young maiden sort of look. To pair it off, she clipped a white ribbon at the back and did her make up light but casual. She looked far more feminine than she would like, but her family had always stressed on a serene and clean appearance.

"Here, wear this," Acacia said, passing Tyler a white blouse with a pink skirt. She literally had to dig the skirt out from the depths of her closets. Acacia hardly ever wore skirts if she could help it, but if it would get her family off her back, then so be it.

She went and changed with much difficult into the clean suit Tyler had. It was a lot more easier to throw it on when she could see wear the sleeve holes were. Conceal and makeup had to be used to cover up the ghastly bruise on Tyler's face. She was thankful that it didn't swell out of proportion.

"You remember what I told you right? Older sister, Leianna. Older brother, Christopher. Stepbrother, David. Younger brother, Thomas," Acacia reminded as she fiddled with her tie. "Okay, we got this. We got this..." she tried to convince herself.

Last edited:

"Youtube tutorials. How I ended up watching that, I don't even remember." He told her as he held still while she did the makeup and added a hair tie. He checked himself out in the mirror. "Cute." He said with an approving nod as he took the clothes from her and changed. He closed his eyes because while he had a cast on Acacia was okay and only bandaged up so he could feel his way around.

He repeated all the information she told him, adding names of parents and Callum and their ages then giving her a smug smirk as he got out some product from his backpack and fixed his hair while she fiddled with the tie.

"It's fine. Just leave it." He told her as he wiped his hands then dragged her over to their reflection in the mirror stand.

"Damn. Not bad for the time we had." He pointed out.

"This is so weird," Acacia said checking herself out in the mirror as well. She will admit they looked good. She had purposely paired her clothes up to match with Tyler's suit in hopes that it would score a few good points for him with her parents.

"I don't think anyone's ever seen me in this get up," she said scratching her chin. The door knocked and Callum opened the door, asking the two if they were ready. Acacia looked over at Tyler and took one more breath of air. "Are you?" she asked quietly, grabbing Tyler's hand for moral support.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Tyler said with a confident smile, giving Acacia's hand a squeeze. "Mind the leg, Ty." He reminded her, making sure she was using the crutches right as they joined Callum and locked her dorm before going downstairs.

"Cia!" A little running boy collided with Tyler's legs, hitting the injured foot and making him hiss in pain.

Before the boy could see though, Tyler's expression quickly changed to a smile and he gently ruffled the boy's hair. "Hey, Thomas. I missed you." He replied affectionately. Thomas was the younger brother. He was on good terms with Acacia. Tyler revised the information in his head.

Thomas smiled up at Tyler with a toothy grin. "I missed you too!" he said, holding his arms out to be carried. "Who's this?" he asked, looking over at Acacia.

The brunet smiled. "Hi there, Thomas. I'm Tyler," she introduced herself, extending a hand, "Your sister's boyfriend." Which was really weird to address given how she was in Tyler's body.

Thomas nodded at her and shook his head and Acacia pulled off her popular magic trick where she pulled a candied starburst from her palm, placing it in Thomas' palm when he shook her hand.

"You know magic too!" Thomas squealed. This was something Acacia did whenever she saw him and Acacia smiled, patting the little boy's head. "That's right," she chuckled, leading the two to the black Rolls-Royce stationed outside the dorms. The three of them squeezed into the back seat with Thomas seated in-between them.

Tyler picked Thomas up after Acacia did her magic trick. The little interaction was sweet and Tyler could tell it was weird for Acacia to pretend with her little brother.

When they squeezed inside the car Thomas started talking animatedly almost immediately, mostly about school and mostly directed at Tyler. The guy nodded and hmmed and ohed with the boy, giving him his full attention.

Every couple minutes he'd glance at Acacia and at the window, noting that the scenery around them was changing to a more expensive suburban setting. His parents were rich but it was clear that Acacia's family were richer, or maybe they just liked to show off their money.

For a brief moment, when Thomas was busy talking with Acacia as Tyler, Tyler realized that he couldn't think of anyone he knew or anyone at school who'd met Acacia's family. Her homelife was a mystery to all. It was oddly nice and a little overwhelming that he'll get to see that part of her life knowing how she felt about it.

The birthday party was held at the rooftop of a classy restaurant building. Reservations were needed to enter, but Acacia, Tyler and Thomas got in hassle free. Everyone was dressed to impressed. Waiters were serving fancy little treats on silver platters and glasses of champagne was being offered out to those who seemed old enough to drink.

The decorations were light and pleasant to the eye. White balloons with light pink flowers were placed on chairs and tables. Thomas grabbed hold of one of the balloons to play with.

At first glance it seemed like everyone was minding their own business, but if one were to look closely, they'd notice the judging glances thrown Acacia and Tyler's way. And it wasn't just the cast that drew attention.

Acacia wished the ground would just swallow her up. She hated atmospheres where she had to force a smile and pretend as if all these old farts were not calculating her worth and value by her skill sets or looks. She nudged Tyler to greet a few people who made eye contact with her.

"That's Mr.Kleo. He's the CEO of Rockwills Finance. The one standing next to him is his wife," she whispered to him as they walked over.

The stares were creepy and even in her light pink skirt and white blouse Tyler felt underdressed with everyone's eyes on him. Was it always like that for Acacia?

And they were staring at her, too. Or more precisely him. He couldn't avoid the eye contact and Acacia leaned down to whisper names. He nodded subtly to show that he heard her and walked over to the couple.

"Mr. Kleo, I'm pleased to see you. Thank you for coming to Leianna's party." Tyler said in a polite tone as he extended his hand to the man but shook it the same way two men would shake hands. His grip was probably firmer than it should've been. He turned to the wife and leaned in for air kisses like they do in the dramas.

"A pleasure," Mr.Kleo responded, eyes wrinkling at the edges to show that he was pleased.

"You've grown so pretty," his wife gushed, patting Acacia (Tyler) on the arm before glancing at the boy beside her. "And who's this?"

Acacica smiled and extended a hand, "I'm Tyler Bay. Acacia's boyfriend."

Mrs. Kleo nodded and shook the boy's hand, but only so briefly like he would contaminate her.

"Ah, I see. What happened to your leg?" she asked, addressing the elephant in the room.

"There was an accident during volleyball practice. Fortunately it'll heal in a few weeks," Acacia lied seamlessly.

"Oh dear. That sounds terrible. Do take care of yourself then," Mrs. Kleo added before turning away to talk to someone else.

Mr. Kleo stared at Tyler (Acacia) a bit longer with a pensive look on his face. "Bay.. Hm, where have I heard that name before?"

Acacia looked at Tyler for assistance. She wasn't sure which of his parents went under the surname Bay.

When Acacia glanced at him quickly Tyler knew she needed help.

"Tyler's dad, Andrew Bay, is the CEO of Spec." He assisted with a smile as he slipped his hand in Acacia's. "That's something we have in common. Very Romeo and Juliet, don't you think?" He added light-heartedly, although he wasn't even sure if their fathers were in competition or not.

Mr. Kleo nodded in recognition, "Oh yes, Andrew, I believe I may have met him before." He said uncertainly then turned to smile at Acacia and Tyler. "Well you two lovebirds should go enjoy the party, mingle with the rest of the kids." He told them.

"We will. But it was lovely seeing you again, Mr Kleo. Enjoy the party." Tyler said in the same sweet voice which he rarely heard Acacia use.

Once they were out of earshot Tyler leaned closer to Acacia and said in a low voice, "Well that was a success, wouldn't you say?" He pointed out.

"Phew," Acacia sighed out. Her arms were starting to get sore from all the standing on his crutches, "I wouldn't count my chickens just yet, Bay. But yes," A small smile crossed her face, "That turned out better than expected."

Music was playing softly in the background. It was a classical set which Acacia was familiar with. When she was younger, her family had drilled contemporary music into her in hopes of getting her to improve in piano.

"Let's go grab some food and sit down. You can't be on that foot for long right?" Acacia said, gesturing to the table lined up at the back. Trays of food were set there like a buffet.

Ignoring her warning, Tyler allowed himself to feel smug as he led her over to a table close to the buffet with no one occupying it. "You should sit down. I'll grab us some food and join you." He told her, knowing that she'd already stayed way too long standing. Thankfully the stinging in her leg from last night's wound stopped hurting so he guessed he'd manage waiting in line for a few minutes long enough to get them both something to eat.

Despite her protests Tyler convinced her to sit down and rest so she'd be up for the rest of the party, reminding her that his body needed to heal and fast.

He tried carrying two plates at once but using one hand to hold them and the other to fill them proved tricky so he abandoned the idea and took one larger sized plate and decided they could share. Better that than dropping a plate and making a scene.

He was struggling to pick up a mille feuille with a set of fancy silved prongs when someone came up behind him, saying the simple 'Hey' that made Tyler jump in his place, startled.

He turned around and came face to face, or more like face to chest, with a handsome looking Asian who smiled at him in a way that unnerved him.

"See you still have a sweet tooth, Cia." The guy said with a humorous grin that bordered on teasing as he took the prong from Tyler and picked up the gâteau easily.

"Uh... yeah. Hi." He tried acting nonchalant as he stepped out of the line. "It's been a while. Nice to see you again."

Asian guy. Slightly tanned skin. Dark eyes. Acacia never mentioned anyone with these features.

"Oh really? Last time we saw eachother you seemed pretty... upset. If I recall correctly your last words to me were 'It's over. You can stop kissing my dad's ass now.'."

He was still grinning when Tyler was left speechless.

"Ah yeah, sorry about that. Anyways, I have to go now. Bye." Tyler said in a rush as he made a move to turn but a hand on his (Acacia's) shoulder stopped him.

"I'm told you brought a boyfriend with you. I'd love if you'd introduce us. One can't help but get curious." The man added and Tyler inwardly groaned.

"Yes well.. Follow me I guess." He told the man then started making his way back to their table.

"Tyler," He called when they were close enough, and when Acacia's gaze shifted behind him he saw recognition, "I have someone who wants to meet you. He insisted I introduce you both." Through eye contact he tried to send her a single message.

'Help'

Acacia shouldn't have let Tyler go off with the food. Even with the crutches, she could tell people around were already judging her (him) for being a bad boyfriend. What kind of man allows himself to be waited on his girlfriend? Acacia wanted to groan inwardly. She practically had to clasp her hands together to keep from fidgeting, giving polite smiles at whoever looked her way.

When Tyler came back, she almost breathed out in relief, but the moment her eyes landed on him, she all but stared, shooting invisible lightning from her eyes as if to say, 'what the fuck is he doing here?!'

She couldn't lose composure and thus smiled. "Hi there. I would stand but," Acacia gestured to her (Tyler's) broken leg, cast and all, "You get me. I'm Tyler Bay. And you are?" A piece of shit, that's what you are, Acacia thought as she extended a hand.

The male, Michael, raised a brow at her and shook her hand as well. His grip was stronger than usual, by means of intimidation. "Michael Chow. I used to date Acacia," he said.

Acacia nodded, unfazed. Obviously, since she'd know the face of her douchey ex anywhere. "Oh, really? Cia never told me about you," Acacia said, smiling pleasantly.

Well shit. Maybe he would've had better luck if he fended the guy off on his own.

He wondered what he did for Acacia to so obviously hate him. And from Michael's earlier words it was clear she didn't hid it.

He set the plate down between them and moved to stand next to her, putting a hand on her (Tyler's) shoulder. "Talking about an ex with a current boyfriend doesn't sound like much fun, yeah?" He said with a stiff smile, "So, Michael, you came with anyone today?" He asked, hoping to remind a guy of someone who was waiting for him or somewhere he had to be to leave them alone.

"No, I'm afraid my date had other plans and couldn't make it." Michael said with a shrug, clearly hinting that he had a girlfriend, "Mind if I join your table? I still haven't had the chance to get acquainted with Tyler but I must grab a plate first. If you'll excuse me." He left before they had the chance to allow him to sit with them, inviting himself instead.

"Oookay, who's the asshole and which version of you do you want me to be?" Tyler asked the moment Michael left.

Acacia was practically shooting flames. The fact that Tyler still continued talking to him in her body made her furious. If she was actually herself, she wouldn't even spare the asshole the time of day.

"What did you just do? You should've just told him to fuck off in the very beginning," Acacia whispered into Tyler's ear, pulling him down to sit beside her. "That's my asshole ex. Our parents set us up a few months back and he's the epitome of bigotry. You better pray that he doesn't find out about your parents," she frowned. Not only was Michael idealistic, he was also the kind of person to force his ideals on other people.

When they had been dating, the male had told Acacia how to dress and act in a certain way to please him and for a while, Acacia did, until she decided she couldn't deal with his bullshit anymore. He was one of the many who literally treated her as nothing better than arm candy. It was the life her sister had accepted and after experiencing it personally, Acacia rejected such a relationship with all her heart.

"Feel free to show your worst. Just don't get me in too much trouble," Acacia said, pointing out the many important people around. She stopped whispering when Michael came back and sat upright in her seat. Michael took his across from the two.

"So, tell me. Is your new boyfriend always a crippled or did he just happen to meet with an unfortunate accident?" Michael asked, gesturing at the cast. Of course, it'll be pointed out. The people here criticized and pinpointed any form of imperfection harshly.

"What did you expect me to do? Make a scene?" Tyler whispered back but didn't argue. He could tell the guy and Acacia had bad history which made him feel guilty for not being able to shake him off but there wasn't really anything he could do.

He heard him come back and shifted a little closer to Acacia, putting a hand on her (his) leg in form of reassurance as he didn't show any form of agitation towards Michael's rudeness. "It was a sports accident. Recent in fact." He explained then changed the subject, "So tell us, why has your date stood you up?" He asked him. "Doesn't look that good for you."

Michael smiled while others would've scoffed. The turn of his lips did not meet his eyes.

"Still feisty, I see," the boy shook his head before taking a bite into the lamb steak he had taken, "She had a piano recital to attend to. The best in her grade apparently," Michael said after chewing. He seemed pretty smug about it.

"I heard you quit on the other hand."

Acacia narrowed her eyes. He was clearly implying insult and she did not trust Tyler to defend her, given his all-too-nice personality.

"Really? Cia still plays just fine. If I'm not mistaken, you've already graduated grade 8 right?" Acacia asked, equally as haughty as Michael.

additional notes
- grade 8 is the highest grade before diploma in piano

Users who are viewing this thread

Back