• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Halves of a Whole

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

By the time Tyler was done he felt completely sober and was totally internally freaking out. He stayed calm though, pretending it was just another episode of all the shows he watched, and managed to pull through for the girl.

He moved closer to sit down on the floor, leaning on the couch with his side and letting Acacia squeeze as hard as she wanted. "You'll be fine, Romans. You're the toughest girl I know." He reassured her.

Taking a look around he saw all the people looking at him and gulped. Liam pushed through them and came to stand in front of them.

"Ambulance is on the way, you guys need anything?" He asked them, Nathan coming right behind him.

"Can you take care of this?" Tyler asked as he gestured with a tilt of his head to the direction of the crowd.

"On it." Nathan and Liam jumped into action, turning towards the forming crowd and slowly shooing them away.

"End of show, folks! We have a party to get to and beer kegs to go through. Let's go!"

"Keep it moving! DJ! You're gonna play us something or what?"

A few minutes later the party was finally back on. Someone turned the lights down again and the music was playing once more. Tyler leaned closer to Acacia, "Are you okay with moving you outside? It's less crowded and the ambulance won't make a seen." He suggested.

Acacia nodded with her face still covered by her arm. She grit her teeth to move, throwing her arms around Tyler's neck so that he could carry her out. There was no way she was going to put pressure on something that felt like bloody hell. It was like her whole leg was set on fire, despite the wound being a small one.

True to what they said, the ambulance came rather quickly but given how it was a small flesh wound, Acacia did not have to be admitted to the hospital. They gave her some antiseptic to properly clean the wound and bandaged her up after numbing the area with some EMLA cream.

"You might want to rest on that for a few days but you should still be able to walk after a good night's rest. Just don't stay on it for long. If it opens up again, you'll have to come in and get some stitches to let it heal," the paramedic told her. She nodded in appreciation and not soon after, the ambulance drove off with its lights blaring blue and red against the night. She sighed loudly as she sat back in her seat.

What a mess.

Her eyes were closed but she could tell someone had walked up to her. It wasn't until they spoke did she realize it was Wesley, looming over her with his hands in his pockets and an irritated expression on his face.

"You really make a horrible date you know?" he scowled and Acacia smiled meanly in return.

"Right back at ya," she retorted snidely.

Wesley scoffed and rolled his eyes, taking a hand out of his pockets to grab her by the chin. "It's a good thing you're hot. I wouldn't have accepted if you weren't." His thumb pressed into her lower lip and Acacia took that as an invitation to bite him on the thumb.

"Bitch!" he swore, pulling it back while Acacia glared, unhappy to be having this conversation when Tyler was seated right there.

"What do you want, Wes?"

"Fucking hell, I was planning to check up on you to see if you're okay but," he glanced over at Tyler and then back at Acacia, looking doubly annoyed, "Looks like you got that cover already. Jeez."

Tyler listened to the instructions attentively, as it was pretty obvious he was going to be in her shoes tomorrow. Carrying her back to her seat he set her down gently and sat down beside her. He hadn't even realize his hand went back to holding hers till Wes walked up to them.

He watched the exchange with a reddening face, ready to intervene when Wes grabbed Acacia's chin but she seemed to have it covered by biting him.

When he didn't leave Tyler got up, slightly shielding Acacia from Wesley. "Walk away, man." He said through gritted teeth. Wesley was a known dick around school and he wouldn't let him treat Acacia like that.

Wesley was already annoyed as hell when Charlotte had pulled him aside to make out with him, only to stop when she saw some strange smudges on his neck, leaving him frustrated. Of course, that wasn't the nicest thing to do when one was out on a date with someone else, but Wesley was a dick who only thought with his dick. (Which made it relatively easy for someone like Acacia to convince him to go to Charlotte's party with her.) Already frustrated, he had hoped to relieve himself with Acacia who had been off dancing and flirting with some other punk. The same punk who Charlotte had been out with moment's ago.

What the fuck did this guy have that he didn't? He was bigger than him, probably stronger than him and definitely more known than him. He hated the brunet already but hearing Tyler talk him down like that was the final chord which made him snap.

His fist collided with Tyler's cheek before his words could be spat out venomously. Acacia shouted, almost leaping from her seat in defense. And she would've too if it weren't for her leg.

"You don't tell me what to do, fucker," Wesley breathed angrily, gearing up for a fight.

One moment he was standing up face to face with the guy then the next Tyler was on the floor. Pain shot through his jaw and he felt dizzy as he pushed with his hands against the ground and got up again.

Blood started filling his mouth and he spat it out before grabbing two fist fulls of Wesley's shirt, pulling him closer, then kneeing him as strongly as he could right in the groin.

The guy dropped over in pain and Tyler used it to his advantage but pushing him away. "Get the fuck out of here, you piece of shit." It hurt to speak but Tyler realized that after he had already finished his sentence. He grabbed his cheek and rubbed it a little to relieve the pain.

"Motherfucker!" Wesley cursed, doubling over in pain as he held his groin. Even Acacia had to wince. Neither of them expected that. It was an unspoken guy's rule to never aim there in a fight. But Tyler clearly did not play by those rules. Hell, he fought as dirty as Acacia would.

He groaned through the pain, face red with anger as he tackled Tyler to the pavement, punching the boy in the gut. While he could easily give Tyler the same pain the brunet gave him, Welsey did not want to get his hands or feet near anyone's junk in a fight. Especially another guy's.

"Wesley! Stop! Get the fuck off him," Acacia yelled, pulling the jock by the shoulder. He shrugged her off and cracked his knuckles.

When he hit the ground Tyler hit his leg pretty strongly against the pavement and when Wesley threw himself at him Tyler heard something crack in his leg.

The boy took advantage of the moment he was distracted in and punched him square in the jaw then using the knee of his good leg he pushed the guy off him. Before Wes could get up again two guys were there breaking it off and one dragged Wesley away while the other helped Tyler up.

The moment he was on his feet pain shot through his whole leg and he fell over in pain, leaning heavily against the guy who just helped him up.

"Dude, what the hell were you thinking going up against Wes?" The guy, someone Tyler recognized from school, asked as he helped him sit down. Tyler glanced down at his left leg and couldn't tell that anything was wrong by looking at it but he knew something was terribly wrong from the pain.

On the other side of the yard Wesley had already been talked out of restarting the fight and someone went inside to find him an ice pack. A few came out to see what the commotion is all about but most went back in when they realized they missed the short lived fight.

"I think I broke something." Tyler said through a hiss of pain as he tried to bent down to roll up his pant leg but the punch he got in the gut hurt when he moved.

"Oh fuck, do we need to call the ER again?" the guy asked, looking around for assistance. He didn't know what to do about a broken bone.

"Already on it," Acacia said, phone against her ear. It was the second time that night the ambulance had to drop in on the party. By then, the people partying were already feeling a bit uneasy. First it was Acacia, then Tyler. What if they were next? They thought to themselves. Some felt it was jinxed and many left early. Seeing people leave, others felt compelled to join too. Needless to say, Charlotte's sorority party ended on a bad note.

"Fun party," People will tell her, "But I don't think I should stay out too late. Parents, curfew, you know?" They say, making excuses to leave. Those who were party animals moved to their friends' houses to continue hanging out.

Once the doctors were called, Acacia squatted down near Tyler. The anesthesia on her wound numbed most of the pain, but she knew she couldn't stay squatting for long. Her hand touched his uninjured cheek, turning his face so that she could inspect the blooming bruises on his lower jaw. "Ouch," she winced, "You're crazy, Ty." She frowned, looking down at his leg.

Liam and Nathan soon joined the scene, rushing over when they heard their friend had gotten beaten up by Wesley Lawson.

"Holy smokes, T-bone. Are you alright?" Liam asked, despite the obvious answer being no.

"What were you thinking?" Nathan said, exasperated.

"I don't think he was thinking at all, really," Acacia answered grimly.

Tyler watched the party dwindle down to nothing as he nibbled on his lip to distract himself from the pain. He caught Charlotte glaring at them more than once and he stared coldly back at her. Somehow she didn't look as pretty anymore.

When Acacia squatted down to check his leg he felt his hand warm against his cheek and he gently placed his over it, giving it a little squeeze. "Cia, get up. You're going to reopen the wound." He urged her softly, tugging on her hand.

He shrugged and attempted a half smile when she called him crazy but it hurt too much. He thought about adding that he learned from the best but before he could Liam and Nathan were there bombarding him with questions. They were all in shock that good boy Tyler actually got in a fight, something that didn't happen since first grade when Pat Nelson wanted to take his blue crayon and Tyler said no because he was using it so Pat broke his other crayons. Tyler ended up kicking Pat then crying the whole day.

"I was thinking." Tyler argued, "I specifically thought that Wesley was being a dick like always but he had no right to talk to you that way and if you didn't see he started it." He defended.

Acacia frowned at his words and she shifted herself so that she was seated on her good leg without placing any pressure on the bad one.

"That's the stupidest reason to pick a fight," the ravenhead criticized, moving her hand away. If she wasn't so jaded to mean comments, perhaps she would've felt touched; but no. This was uncalled for and Acacia found it a waste that Tyler had to go get himself beat up so badly over such a small thing.

"If you haven't noticed, people always talk to me that way." Though it was mostly behind her back now that she had a reputation of fighting back. "There was no need for you to play hero. What he calls me is my problem. I don't need you defending me like I'm some weak damsel," she scowled, feeling defensive when she knew she should be appreciative.

It was hard to feel gratitude when she was so used to standing up for herself, by herself for so long. It was almost laughably strange to see someone willingly stand up for her now.

"Especially if it meant you're going to go get yourself beat up in the process," Acacia added sourly.

"Hey, hey. Why are you attacking my bud? He friggen helped you!" Nathan frowned, stepping up for his best friend.

Acacia glared, "I never asked to be helped." She said, standing up. The ambulance rolled in again and the paramedics confirmed that Tyler might have fractured a bone.

The fuck?

Was she actually blaming him for defending her? Is she seriously that fucked up?

"Oh I'm sorry, I should've left him harassing the girl that could barely get up." Tyler retorted sarcastically. "You know all he wanted was to fuck you. You wanted me to just stand by and watch?"

Blood rushed up to his face and made it red with anger and frustration. A mix from being in pain and feeling like it wasn't even worth anything. He was clenching his jaw and the pain that shot through was unbearable.

"I wasn't playing hero I was doing what any decent human being would do. What? Are you afraid people won't think of you as the high and mighty Mad Dog because some guy stood up for you?"

"Dude, you did the right thing. Don't listen to her." Liam reassured him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He let Nathan help him up and stood on his good leg as they moved him to the ambulance so they can take him to the hospital. They split, Nathan taking the car keys since he was sober and someone had to take the girls home and Liam going with Tyler for moral support.

Acacia narrowed her eyes at him. The truth would've stung if she wasn't already so aware of it since the start of the school year. It was the only reason boys would give her the time of day.

"Everyone else does it," she replied bitterly, "I wouldn't blame you if you did too."

Because then she wouldn't have to feel guilty, seeing him beat up for her. Because then she wouldn't have silly thoughts like he actually cared. Because then she wouldn't have the smallest twinge of hope that maybe she'd have someone on her side now. What a joke, she reminded herself. There was no reason for Tyler to help her.

"It's not like we're actually friends," Acacia reminded and it was true. Because friends don't swap bodies with one another on every other day. Their relationship was strange to begin with. They were merely together because they had no choice to. He had no choice to.

His last comment hit home, although there was one thing he was wrong about. Acacia didn't care about what other people thought of her. She was scared that it was herself that would start to think that way, fooling herself into believing that Tyler was someone she could and should depend on, only to have him leave her and betray her like all her other friends have.

"That's mean, even for you," Nathan shot back angrily for his friend.

How nice, she thought, envying how Tyler had friends who would defend him as she turned away from the scene. Now that the doctors were here, she was no longer needed.

- - -

"Man, what's her problem? You don't deserve that kind of crap, T," Liam said as they were sent to the hospital ward.

Last edited:

It's not like they're actually friends.

The meals, the dancing, the cuddling. The three days they spent together bonding and doing practically everything together.

But no. They weren't friends.

Then what were they?

Tyler didn't reply to anything she said. He couldn't really and things would escalate and the paramedics were already guiding him to the ambulance.

Why did he bother to care? It's not like she thought any differently about him now than she did before this all happened. That's what she's telling him at least.

Fuck it.
----
"You're right. I don't deserve this. Let's go, man." Tyler said as he and Liam got into the ambulance and drove off.

Their time at the hospital was agonizingly long. As he got scans and filled paperwork and waited in sterilized rooms Liam searched the place for coffee and something to eat as they started getting headaches for the alcohol.

They casted his leg and instructed him on how to walk with the crutches and how to shower with it and how long it would take to take it off. It was only a small fracture so six weeks to heal. Six weeks off of volleyball. Coach is going to kill him, his parents are going to kill him, and for what? Defending a girl that didn't need defending.

Someone who clearly wasn't a friend.

This'll all be her problem tomorrow.

Acacia knew she fucked up the moment she opened her mouth to snap at someone who didn't deserve the bitter anger compiled up by everyone else in her past. But once the words were said, they could no longer be taken back. She felt immensely guilty and she did her best to convince herself that this was for the best. This way, neither of them would have to get hurt.

Getting back home, Acacia collapsed on her bed, not caring if her make up smeared her pillows or if she'd wake up with a hangover. She definitely didn't care about Tyler and how badly she wanted to text him that she's sorry, that she didn't mean it, and that she hoped he'd feel better soon. (She did.)

In her state, she lacked the willpower to spam his phone with drunken text messages---messages which she got because Tyler's phone had died that night. Seeing how there was no reply, Acacia threw her phone into her laundry basket and forced herself to forget it all. That night, she slept with a mascara stained face and woke up the next morning feeling sore all over.

Liam took him home in an Uber where his car already was and Nathan had left the keys by the door. He made sure the Tyler went up the stairs okay and left, locking behind him and putting the extra key in the stash spot under a fake rock.

Tyler struggled to pull the jeans over the cast and picked a pair of shorts to wear to bed that wouldn't hurt as much.

He connected his phone to the charger and left a sticky note on it that said 'Don't wet the cast' because that was all he had to say to Acacia right now.

He was still angry at the turn of events and frustrated that he'll be stuck in this cast for another 6 weeks and he really just wanted to sleep in the next day as himself and do nothing but eat and watch something on Netflix, maybe call over the boys to hang out.

He fell asleep the moment his head hit the pillow. When he woke up the next day his face was sticky and his pillow had black streaks of makeup.

Acacia groaned when she woke up in bed, calling out for Callum groggily to help her up. But then she remembered, she was Tyler. Which means no Callum. No help. She'd be stuck alone in his bed, probably counting the specks of dust on his ceiling. This sucked, she thought, wishing she had a cigarette on her now.

Rolling over to the side, her head pounded as she found the sticky note Tyler had left behind. Reaching over, she plucked his phone from his charger and was going to open it up to check if she had actually texted him last night like she dreamt she did. Hopefully she hadn't and if she had, Acacia was unsure if she hoped he had seen them. She was almost nervous to thumb through his inbox, accidentally seeing preview texts of Nathan and Liam messaging him to ask if he was alright. Scrolling down, she saw her own conversation and inwardly cringed at the mountain of texts she had left him.

"Ugh," she cringed, feeling pathetic and even more so when she saw that Tyler hadn't replied at all.

Cia
them
im sorry
them
sorry for being an ass
them
sorry for just about everything
them
it was my fault
them
that wesley punched u and shit
them
i messed things up real bad
them
i didn't mean to
them
didn't mean it
them
u dont deserve that
them
i nvr had anyone stand up for me before
them
to my face at least
them
i didn't know how to take it
them
u scared me
them
i feel bad tht u had to get hurt bc of me
them
i dont deserve it
them
but im thankful
them
i wish i was btr at conveying it
them
idk how to explain how i feel
them
i wish u were here with me right now
them
get btr soon

Her thumb hovered over the "delete all" button in their text conversation. Maybe he hadn't seen it and that's why he didn't reply. But what if he had? Acacia made up her mind. She deleted all the messages from his phone and tossed it to the other side of the bed, burying her face with the covers.

Screw it.

His head was killing him. She drank way more than he did and of course luck would have it that he'd be the one to wake up with the hungover.

He took in his surroundings and saw her phone on top of a pile of clothes forming a mountain that was the overflowing laundry basket. He got up slowly, reminding himself not to put weight on her injured leg, and made his way to the phone. After unlocking it to check the time it unlocked to their chat in her inbox.

She'd sent several messages. As he read them he started feeling guilty. He shouldn't have blown up at her like that they were both drunk and said some pretty nasty things and she clearly regretted it. Just as quickly as it came now he wasn't as angry as he was with her.

She was probably laying in his bed right now. Unable to move because of the cast. What if she falls and hurts herself?

"Goddamn it, Acacia." Tyler grumbled to himself as he threw the phone back into the basket and went to the bathroom to splash his face with cold water and look for some painkillers.

There weren't any, but at least the water made him more awake and he went back to the room and opened the phone, ready to reply to her.

They were all gone. She must've deleted the chat.

"Fine. Want to do this face to face? We'll do this face to face." He talked to himself as he got up and changed, already acquainted with her room. It took him some time to find something to wipe off the makeup with but thankfully the package on the bathroom sink clearly said Makeup Wipes so they were safe to use.

A couple minutes later he was dressed and had her skateboard tucked under his arm. He said a quick goodbye to Callum then left the dorm building and skated a full block before the pain in his leg became too annoying to ignore and he had to walk the rest of the way.

---
Panting a little as he reached his front door, he took the stashed key and used it to unlock it, then made his way up slower than usual, again minding the leg, till he reached his room and knocked. It was his room but it was still the polite thing to do. He just hoped she didn't fall back asleep after deleting the messages.

Last edited:
Acacia had done precisely that: fall back asleep. She didn't want to think. Didn't want to bother with life and sleep was the best way to avoid it all. It didn't help that she felt like crap and was too troubled to sleep though, but she tried.

The ravenhead was startled when she heard someone knock on the door. She was certain she would've spent the weekend alone, given how Tyler's parents were out and Tyler was too angry at her to bother.

Who could it be?

"Shit. Don't tell me it's Tyler," Acacia thought, burying her head under the covers. If he was here, then that might meant he saw the messages right? She was too mortified to face him if he had. Maybe she should pretend to be asleep.

No answer. He knocked again. Still no answer. He groaned and opened the door, finding a Tyler shaped lump under the covers. 'Oh very mature.' He thought to himself with an eyeroll as he walked over to the bed and laid down on it over the covers.

Still nothing.

He sighed and moved to lay on his side then draped an arm around her waist, careful not to put pressure since he got punched there last night. He shifted closer to her and nudged what he guessed was a shoulder with his nose.

"You're a bitch when you're angry and drunk." He deadpanned then shifted even closer. "I don't want to fight anymore. I'm sorry." He added softly.

Acacia had half-hoped that he would leave her alone after seeing that she was 'asleep'. But when he had shifted beside her, going as far as to wrap an arm around her, she stiffened, giving away the fact that she was clearly awake.

Moving around too much hurt, not just in the ribs but because she was laying on her side---the side where his jaw was punched last night, it was starting to get sore from all the pressure she was putting on it.

She was quiet for a moment, not sure what to say. Very slowly, she pulled the covers from her head and turned around to face him. Her expression was unreadable. She wasn't sure what to say. For once Acacia was at a loss for words, so she nodded slightly before frowning.

"How did you get in here?" her voice was husky, probably because it was the first she's used it since waking. It was also slightly raspy from all the alcohol consumed the night prior.

Tyler snorted. "It's my house. I know where the extra key is stashed." He told her with a shrug.

He could see that she was still in pain, which was actually why he came here in the first place. "What hurts?" He asked as he pushed himself off the bed and moved to the nightstand, searching for the painkillers he got from the hospital yesterday. He handed them to her along with some water. "I'm gonna go make us some breakfast." He said as he headed for the door.

Okay so maybe things were awkward but he'll deal with it.

"Everything," Acacia croaked. She hated looking weak, but technically she was in Tyler's body so it wasn't exactly her that looked weak. It was weird having someone take care of her. Usually Callum would come in when she called him but he would never go out of his way to nurse her, especially when her own pains and troubles are caused by herself.

She took the medicine with a gulp and stared after where Tyler had left to cook food. It was awkward. She didn't know how to face him but she also hated awkward scenarios more than anyone else.

If Tyler was going to pretend everything was alright, then so would she. Finding the crutches, Acacia got out of bed and moved to the bathroom to inspect the injuries the boy sustained. Lifting up his shirt, she saw a horrible looking bruise that covered his whole lower right abdomen. His face was also slightly swollen and colored with blues and greens and purples. She winced more at the sight than the actual pain.

Washing her face and brushing up (it was still weird for her to use Tyler's toothbrush, even though technically she was in his body. Acacia figured it was a mental hurdle to get over), the girl stayed in his pajamas, seeing how it was a weekend. Hopefully things would be peaceful.

Acacia made her way to the kitchen with the crutches, watching as Tyler cooked. It was still an odd sight to see her body cooking, when the real Acacia could barely fry an egg.

He heard her moving around upstairs, it was hard not hearing the crunches especially going down the stairs.

'Please don't fall. Please don't fall. Please don't fall.' He chanted in his head as he flipped another pancake.

"You okay ?!" He called out loudly when he noticed that she took a pretty long time coming down the stairs.

Standing for too long was starting to hurt but the food had to be made and he can make the coffee and tea while sitting down.

Look at what a pair they made. One couldn't stand and the other couldn't do anything. Not to mention they're both still a little hungover.

He didn't know if they should talk about last night or not, but one thing for sure if they were going to talk about anything they had to have breakfast first.

The worry in his voice threw her off guard. She wasn't sure how to react to it so she frowned and replied casually, "Yeah, I'm fine. These stairs a bitch though." Her stomach growled at the sight of the food. Hell, it smell amazing.

"Are those pancakes?" she asked, deciding to completely ignore the topic of everything that transpired the night after. If Tyler wasn't going to bring it up, then neither would she.

"Yes. There's maple and chocolate syrup. Or powdered sugar if that's your thing." He suggested as he set the plates down and turned on the coffee maker and the kettle as well, finally sitting down and sighing softly.

"I don't know about you but I am not going anywhere today. Bed and Netflix. And food. Lots of food." He told her as he drenched his pancakes in maple syrup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back