• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Halves of a Whole

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

She wasn't speaking to him. She was definitely grumpy and she spent a long time in that balcony. He wrinkled his nose when she walked in smelling like an ashtray but otherwise said nothing and waited for her to finish.

He put the phone to charge and waited a couple minutes then tried opening it before cussing loudly.

The video didn't save. So now Acacia was pissed and it was for nothing.

"Callum." He answered and gestured to the door when she asked him about breakfast. "The guy looks old. I wouldn't want to give him a heart attack." He explained to her.

Acacia nodded and made a silent 'oh' before cracking him a slow, dawning smile. She was petty, yes. Impulsive, definitely. But not entirely bad tempered. Not after smoking the anger out of her system at least.

"Don't worry about Callum. I've known him since my diaper days. He won't snitch," she reassured him, walking over to hook her arm into his. She must've sprayed perfume or something because she smelled of strawberries.

Just like that, Acacia dragged him out to the room where Callum was cleaning the living room. Acacia didn't know why he bothered. She hardly used that room.

Callum looked surprised to see her up so early but he didn't even bat an eye at the boy besides her. It seemed like he was already used to Acacia's shenanigans.

"What do you want to have? Callum makes a mean Eggs Benedict," she suggested, walking over to the fridge to pull out a carton of milk.

Tyler freaked out of course, knowing Acacia's impulsive side, but this was her call and so he followed after her silently. He nodded in greeting at the man who didn't seem surprised at all by his presence then joined Acacia in the kitchen. "Oh, I was actually thinking I could make us breakfast." As an apology but he didn't bother to add that. "I'm a good cook as you know and it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to make scrambled eggs." He added, shrugging, before going over to the kettle and turning it on. He hoped she had tea.

Acacia rose a brow, catching his unsaid apology. She shrugged, honestly ready to forget the whole camcord incident. It was partially her fault for suddenly snapping at him.

Kinda.

"Suit yourself," Acacia said, pouring a glass of milk for herself and adding in a dallop of honey. Her insufferable sweet tooth was insatiable.

"Can I have tomatoes in mine?" she requested.

"There's no more tomatoes left, Miss Romans," Callum said.

Acacia frowned, "Oh."

"How about red peppers and onions?" He suggested as he poked his head in the fridge and noted the abundance of left over takeout and desserts.

"There's a leftover pizza in here with tomatoes on it, we can use those." He suggested as he turned to look at Acacia for an answer.

He had already gotten out cheese and the milk she had returned to the fridge and olives. He put the eggs in the pockets of his sweatpants for safekeeping so they wouldn't break.

Balancing everything in his arms and using his chin to keep them tucked there he headed for the counter to unload all his findings. He was clearly a one trip man.

"Pan?" He asked, gesturing to the cabnits.

"Ooh, good idea," Acacia said, forgetting about that leftover pizza slice. "No peppers though, please." She wrinkled her nose.

"On it," Acacia replied, making a grab for the pan. She had to search around for it because she hardly used her kitchen. Even when she did, it was mostly the microwave for re-heating take out.

The pan was placed on the stove and Acaccia lightened Tyler's load by taking some of the ingredients from his hands. She set them on the counter, giving Callum a shrug when he gave her a questioning look.

"I'll be on my way then," Callum excused himself, leaving the two to their own devices.

"Did we scare him off?" Tyler asked as he watched the door close behind the man. He turned the heat on low and picked up some butter with the knife. "Be an angel and make me some tea with you?" He asked as he gave her a little pout and puppy eyes.

He searched for a bit till he found bowels and plates to scramble the eggs and the plate doubled as a cutting board for the pepper (for him).

Her was done with hers first and set it on the kitchen island next to her half empty glass of milk. He didn't imagine Acacia to be the sort of person to drink milk, at least not on its own. It was cute.

Acacia thought a bit and then shook her head, "Nah. I'm pretty sure he's seen worse," she snorted, rolling her eyes at Tyler's puppy dog look. She had to mentally remind herself that it totally did not have any effect on her. (It did.)

"Yes, yes, Your Highness," the ravenhead said, going through her cupboards once again to scour for some tea. She hardly ever touched that stuff but she knows for certain that Callum keeps a stash somewhere.

Of course, it had to be high quality tea. Acaccia went to brewing right away. "You want some milk or sugar with that?" She asked as the water boiled.

"Milk. And I like them as bitter as my soul." A pause for dramatic effect, "Which means lots of sugar." He added, roasting himself. They both knew Tyler was anything but bitter.

What did he have to even be bitter about? His past life was way behind him and he had good friends and a nice family now. But he had to admit a little bit of drama here and there would be nice.

He finished his eggs and found some toast. Setting two slices on a separate plate and buttering them up he set everything on the table and sat down.

A brow arched and an amused smile quirked on her lips. She rolled her eyes as she made him his tea, dropping in three cubes of sugar.

"I wonder who's going to get diabetes first. You or me," she snorted, making her a cup of black coffee despite having just drank a mug of honeyed milk. The milk was for... Obvious reasons if one were to know about her insecurities. She hated drinking it plain.

"Thanks for the food," Acacia said before digging in. The fluffy eggs melted on her tongue and she made a blissful expression. Though Tyler claimed to be an average cook, Acacia found otherwise.

"Cute and good at cooking," she commented randomly, "Good to know you have something going for you," she pointed a fork in his direction before munching on the omelet. It was a casual, off-passing remark.

She called him cute and Tyler blushed again. He seemed to be doing that a lot around her. But hey he got his fair share of times where he made her blush so he wasn't upset.

"It's just eggs really." He said with a little shrug as he dug into his food. He sucked at accepting compliments. He either replied with something really dumb or really cocky, and since she also called him cute it was the first choice.

"So umm.. About the video," He started, taking a gulp of his scalding hot tea, "I should've told you first. We just started talking and I completely forgot. It didn't even save though." He reassured her.

There was a self-satisfied grin upon seeing his reaction and Acacia decided then, it was a hundred times better to see him blush in his body than her own. If he kept it up, the ravenhead may just feel compelled to make it her personal mission to make him blush as often as she could. Fortunately, however, she was still distracted with the plate of food in front of her to even think of such mischievous thoughts.

She looked up from her meal when Tyler brought up the topic of what just happened. The smile died on her lips and though she tried to pretend it was nothing, it was clear she was bothered by his actions, "Yeah, whatever. It's fine," she waved it off with a small scowl, not really wanting to talk about it.

"Though, I don't think there's any point in trying to get it on camera, unless your phone can record souls," she shrugged, finishing the rest of her food.

She was still upset and he didn't know how to fix this. If he hadn't been so focused on apologizing he would have noticed that he wasn't afraid of what she might do while she's upset with him but he was upset solely for the reason that she was. He doubted he'll ever be afraid of her again, not like Liam and Nathan were.

"I had a theory that maybe our places switched. I don't know. I just want to figure this out. How it happens. Why it happens." He said with a worried look. As much fun as it was it was even more overwhelming and if he thought about it for too long Tyler will panic. Again.

Finishing his food he got up and started washing his plate, checking the clock in the kitchen and noting that they had enough time to clean up, get dressed, and get to school.

"And you think recording us when we're sleeping will help," Acacia replied deadpanned. Like she didn't believe him. Like she thought he was a fool.

She shook her head, disappointed before dropping her plate and things in the sink as well. She was already dressed for school, so technically there was nothing holding her back from leaving. Only that, she'd have to wait for Tyler to get ready so she wouldn't lock him in. She fiddled with her phone as she waited for him to get dressed. Her skateboard was pushed towards the doorway and she was balancing on it as she chewed some gum she found in her usual candy drawer.

With her backpack slung over her shoulder and a handful of starbursts shoved in her pockets, Acacia Romans was set to go.

God damn it, Romans, why are you making this so hard?

Tyler didn't defend himself against the indirect accusation, just washed the utensils and set them to dry.

He paused for a moment before heading for her room but decided against speaking now.

He changed quickly, glad that he had a clean sweater to wear, and after a moment of hesitation decided to take his clothes with him to wash at home instead of leaving them here for Acacia for when this happens again. Maybe he should grab a couple t shirts and stash them here for safekeeping.

He joined her outside with his backpack slung over one shoulder. He took a deep breath.

"Before we go down I just want to say I'm sorry. I should've asked you first, it was a dumb move, I'm an idiot." He told her, hoping she knew how genuine he was. "But I'm just an idiot trying to get answers."

Acacia stared him down, blowing a bubble with the gum in her mouth. It popped against her lips once he was done speaking and she tucked her phone away in her back pocket. A hand propped on her hip.

"Are you still apologizing for the whole video recording thing?" she asked, raising a brow. He cared a whole lot than she did. (A lie. She cared, she just pretended she didn't.)

She exhaled a tired sigh and shook her head, "Look, it's fine. Really. I was just bugged out by it because someone took a video of me in the past and edited it in a... very explicit way. It's been taken down though, so I guess it doesn't really matter anymore." That was a lie. It still mattered to her. She was scarred by it and she honestly didn't know why she was explaining herself to him. Maybe she didn't want him to think of her as an oversensitive drama queen.

"You're forgiven if that makes you feel better." Then she rose her brows and smirked, "Or you can buy me a slushie when we pass by seven eleven. We'll pretend this conversation never happened, yeah?" Acacia suggested, slapping her cap on.

Last edited:

"Yes, I'm still apologizing because you looked upset and things were going to be awkward and we shouldn't want that when we're stuck together, or technically in eachother," He frowned, "Not like that, don't be filthy." He said before she had the chance to say anything.

He didn't expect her to explain, and somehow he had guessed something like that had happened which was why she was so upset in the first place, but he didn't comment, sensing it was a touchy subject.

"What flavor?" He asked, very ready to get back on her good side. As they walked he shouldered the other strap and patted his jeans to make sure he still had his car keys.

Acacia winked at the innuendo and skated her way down the hallway after she locked her dorm up. The keys were shoved back into her backpack.

"Tutti frutti," she replied, remembering then that Tyler had drive. They probably shouldn't head to school together if she didn't want to increase the number of bad rumors he had from sticking around her.

"You make it too easy to extort, Bay," she said quietly with an appreciative smile when they were in the elevator together. Soft smiles like those were rare. It made her look hardly fit for her infamous nickname.

"No, you just have that kind of power over me." He told her with a shrug and a smile as he walked a little faster to keep up with her.

He wondered if she planned to skate to school or ride with him. Or maybe he could drop her off a block away to avoid rumors.

Though maybe those rumors aren't the worst thing on Earth.

He glanced at her as he thought of all this and smiled. She was smiling as well and something squeezed in his chest. Pretty.

"You're cute when you smile." He told her, part of him genuine, the other wanting to get back at her for this morning.

To say that she was pleased would be an understatement. Fortunately, she played it off coolly by rolling her eyes. "I'm flattered," she said with mock confidence, but then turned her head away to hide the small blush dusted on her cheeks. Her cap cast a shadow on her face which made it hard to tell as well.

At his second comment though, Acacia went deadpanned. She gave him the most poker face she could manage and said stiffly, "Is that a trick to get me to smile more cause it's not going to work." But the corners of her lips were already twitching upwards and there was a hint of laughter in her voice. She could do better with her lies if she tried.

Seven eleven was just across the street from the dormitories so skating over there only took a few minutes. Aside from the slushie, Acacia also grabbed a twinkie and a bag of chips for herself---which she paid for because she was a strong independent woman who didn't want to allow herself to get spoiled rotten by a boy she met just days ago.

"My lunch," she explained as she paid at the counter.

Yes! He made her blush and smile! That made him smile as well. She was trying so hard not to smile and lying through her teeth about it not working.

Acacia you're full of shit.

He offered to pay for the twinkie and chips as well but as he guessed she refused so he just got them both slushies and grabbed two sandwiches as well. He didn't spare her the disapproving look of her lunch choices. "That's not lunch. That's a snake. An unhealthy one." He told her as they left the store and walked back to her dorm building. They had to pass by it to get to school anyway and he needed his car.

"A delicious one," Acacia corrected. It wasn't the first time someone pointed out her poor eating habits and it certainly wouldn't be the last. She shoved her purchases into her pocket and spat her gum out in a nearby trash bin. The slushies stained her lips and tongue, giving her temporary brain freeze when she drank too fast.

"Ugh," she held her head as she walked Tyler back to her dorm. Instead of entering the dorm's parking lot with him, she stayed outside on the sidewalk. "I guess this is where we part," she said, kicking her skateboard down as she got on. She wasn't sure if she should say good bye or if she should hug him? They shared an awkward silence for a while before Acacia decided she didn't do awkward.

"See ya," she said, cutting the pause short. With a kick of her feet, she skated off, down towards the direction of school. For better or worse, she did not look back.

He paused for a second when she had a brain freeze, giving her a moment while he sipped his slowly to avoid the fate she got.

So she decided against riding, and he had left it up to her anyway.

The awkwardness was well... awkward, but again he didn't know what to do and it kinda looked like she was going to hug him for a second there then before he knew it she was gone. He watched her getting further and further away before she disappeared when she turned left on a block before he got into his car.

He passed by her locker before going to his friends, and as they already knew each other's combination codes he unlocked it with ease and placed the sandwich inside with a sticky note on it that read 'Proper lunch.'

(fFFk that's smooth as hell)

Acacia actually went to class on time for once, surprising most of her teachers and peers. She sneered when she made eye contact with Charlotte who seemed just as shocked as the others, before making her way to her seat. Coming on time was one thing. Listening was another thing entirely. Her mind was out of sorts as she doodled notes in her notebook, scribbling random Korean characters when she jotted down her more private thoughts. Being half Korean herself, obviously she'd know her mother's native language, but because she hardly ever spoke it, very few people knew she was proficient in a second language.

The rest of the day went by rather quickly and Acacia, despite telling Tyler her usual spot at lunch, was no where to be found. There was no word from her until the last period of school. It came in the form of a text.

"Hey, it's Cia. Save my number, nerd."

It read with a doberman emoji at the bottom.

Tyler had a relatively normal day. Liam and Nathan were hyped over the party and Nathan showed them that he had texted Lara last night and she was going to the party with him. Now they all had dates.

He sought out Acacia during lunch but couldn't see her anywhere, even where she usually ate. When he joined his friends before they sat at their table they both seemed a little hesitant, eyeing the table in fear, and Liam even went as far as crossing himself before he sat down. Tyler had to remind him that he's Buddhist.

More classes then half and hour between school and practice. His phone vibrated and he looked at it, smiling at the text.

'Done'

He saved her as Cia with the emoji she sent him then put his phone in his backpack and changed into his uniform to start practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back