• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Two Halves of a Whole

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Tyler's eyes widened and his expression didn't change after he knew that only one was a lie. "I seriously wouldn't put it past you to know how to drive a helicopter... Is it the dog thing? You never talked about owning dogs and I never met a pet owner who didn't talk about their pet at least once." He told her as he leaned back and casually draped his arm around her shoulders.

"Don't shoot but I actually like pineapple on pizza." He said with a shrug, knowing all about the ongoing war between pizza eaters and their different opinion on pineapple pizza. "I like all kinds of pizza really. As long as it's not seafood." He added quickly, scanning the menu she held open.

"Ooohh, babe they have one with burger meat stuffed in the crust!" He pointed at it with a look of excitement on his face to match a kid on a playground.

"Sadly, yes," Acacia said with a sigh. She's been wanting a puppy or a dog for ages now but given her strict dorm rules and her sister's allergies, that would be an impossible dream.

She raised a brow at what he said about the pizza and shrugged it off. To her, pizza was pizza. She wasn't super passionate about the whole pineapple on pizza war. Heck, she'd try anything. Pizza with pineapple is one of the least bizarre combinations she was willing to eat.

"We can get that one then. They let us choose our own toppings I think," Acacia said, skimming through the menu. She couldn't help but smile, seeing Tyler light up like a kid on Christmas morning.

"Oh my god yes! Let's see if they can add fries on top that would be the perfect love child between pizza and burgers. I think I'm going to get emotional." He said as his voice became more high pitched and he pretended to wipe away tears.

He quickly called over the waiter to ask him if he can make his dreams come true because if they couldn't he had half a mind to take Acacia to his place and make their own pizza burger love child.

That sounded weird even in his head.

Thankfully the waiter said they could do it and asked them if they'd like to have drinks with the pizza.

Tyler turned to Acacia, "Would it be super corny if we got a large glass of coke and put two straws in it like they do with milkshakes?" He asked her.

Tyler's enthusiasm for the pizza was overwhelming and as much as Acacia wanted to laugh at it, the boy was way too serious about making the pizza burger love child a reality to do so. She could only share a look with the waiter and shake her head, mouthing a, "I'm sorry. He's weird" while Tyler was ordering. Of course, she meant that with total endearment as well.

"Um, yes. It would be," Acacia answered, her brows furrowing together in a look that showed she was clearly (jokingly) judging Tyler, "I'm not against it but you're getting way too excited for this," she laughed, patting his cheek. She realized then that what Liam said was true. This really is the boy's first relationship and he was being precious. Acacia didn't mind humoring him for a bit.

"Food is passion, woman. Food is life." Tyler said in all seriousness as the waiter left to get their order. "Besides, adding fries on a pizza could be a stroke of genius." He added, grinning like an idiot.

He knew that he was being a little too weird but the pizza burger love child brought him joy and dealt with both his cravings and as long as Acacia didn't think he was too weird to consider breaking up with him then he was completely fine with her knowing how weird he could get.

Acacia arched a brow at him and narrowed her eyes at his half-hearted insult. Given how it was said in a joking manner, she decided not to address it and shifted her focus instead to the waiter who brought them their food and drinks.

"Whatever you say," Acacia said, a bit sarcastically. The hunger made her more irritable but she couldn't stay mad for long. The food smelled amazing and Acacia got up to fetch them paper plates and straws to use.

Tyler's smile slowly faded when he felt the atmosphere shift a little. He was only kidding, was Acacia mad at him? He was being too weird. He messed up already and it hasn't been a full twenty four hours.

He sighed when she got up and rubbed at his face with his free hand. When she was back he was normal again.

He cut up the pizza, which looked mouth wateringly delicious, and put a slice on each other plates, humming in approval once he'd tried his first bite.

Taking her first bite with him, even Acacia had to agree that it was good. That and being hungry helped anything taste good, but this in particular had her muffling her exclamation.

"Ten stars on this pizza burger love child. It's delicious," Acacia gushed, picking off a cheesy fry to nibble on. "Mm, I should really drop by this place more often. I don't know why I've never came here til now," she pointed out, realizing then that this would also be their first date spot as an official couple. Somehow, Acacia didn't mind that.

She grinned at him, noticing how there was a small tomato sauce stain on the corner of Tyler's lips. Using her thumb, she swiped it away and licked the sauce off her finger.

"See? I told you I'm a genius." Tyler repeated, though not as enthusiastically as before. He ate his pizza in utter content until he felt her hand against his cheek. He turned to look at her just as she was pulling her thumb back and licking it and he couldn't help blushing and smiling a little.

"Thanks." He said a little shyly. He wasn't at all surprised that they were at a point where they were that comfortable with eachother, but it still felt nice.

"You know this is technically our first date." He told her, unknowingly sharing her thoughts, "This could be our anniversary spot." He added, already thinking ahead. If they last long enough to have one.

He really really hoped they last long enough.

Acacia grinned as she ate her pizza, amused to see Tyler share the same thoughts with her. While other girls would've preferred a "nicer" place for their anniversary spot, Acacia's tastes had always been towards the simple. Besides, a pizza joint as a date spot seemed ideal for the both of them.

"I like that," Acacia said as she took a sip of soda, already forgetting which was her straw and which was Tyler's. "A bit sad that studying at Skylar had to be part of our unofficial official date," she added, going quiet in thought for a moment.

"I'm glad you came with me though. Back when I was dating Michael, he would attend those classes with me and I hated it because he would always compare notes and answers. And not in a good way," Acacia explained, leaning her head on Tyler's shoulder, "He had this bigoted mindset that girls were the weaker sex, creatures that needed to be protected and can't do anything for themselves. Everytime we argue he would call me 'woman'."

Acacia took another slice to eat.

Last edited:

"As challenging as it was I'm actually thinking of signing up. No reason you have to go through that toture alone. Plus dads would be ecstatic." He told her, sharing the idea of attending Skylar with Acacia for the first time. He hoped she didn't mind. He didn't want to be the too clingy boyfriend.

Automatically his arm came to wrap around her shoulders and pull her closer to his side, curling his fingers to avoid getting any grease on her, and using his free hand to eat. Though as she spoke he'd put his slice down and gave her his full attention.

"What an asshole. And a blind one since he clearly didn't see you don't need a knight in shinning armor to come save you." He told her, pulling her closer in a side hug before pulling back again so that his arm wrapped loosely around her. "You know I didn't mean it like that, right Cia? I'd never think of you as anything less than an equal." He reassured her, wanting her to know just how highly he thought of her.

Acacia's eyes widened, puzzled as to why Tyler, who was doing well in school and had friends, would want to submit himself to such mental torture. She looked confused. "But you know that means cutting your weekends short. You won't get to hang out with your friends past 4 PM if you do," Acacia warned. It was fine for her given how she hung out with no one on the weekends.

"And yeah, I know," she replied, cracking a small awkward smile, "I still don't like it though," she admitted, biting into her pizza crust.

Tyler shrugged. " I don't mind. And we have no idea how long this is going to take so maybe it would be best if I catch up. Let's see how the trial goes first." He told her, deciding it was a decision for another day.

"I get that now. And I'm really sorry." He sounded and looked genuine when he apologized, and to make it better he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers in a soft kiss. "Not going to happen again. I'll just find a different way to annoy you." He promised with a teasing smile.

He pulled back just enough to reach out for the drink and take a sip before returning to their pizza. He took a bite out of her crust even though they still had half a pizza left.

"Well, if you really do decide to join in the end, I don't mind helping you out. There's a number of subjects provided there," Acacia said, feeling touched that Tyler was being sincere over something she saw trivial.

That smile quickly turned into a groan when Tyler bit into her pizza crust, "Ugh, I think you already have." But there was no heat in her voice, only teasing annoyance.

After her third slice of pizza, Acacia had to stop. She was stuffed but she still craved something sweet. Something cold.

"Hey, you want to grab ice-cream before we head back?" she asked with a smile.

Tyler finished his fourth slice and leaned back with a little thud, giving a long sigh of content and staring down at his stomach. "I hope you like pudgy tummies because at this rate and without volleyball I'm going to get so fat." He said as he reached out for a napkin and attempted to wipe off the grease though he'll need to wash his hands anyways.

"Yes." He quickly answered to the ice cream suggestion and waved the waiter over, gesturing for him to bring the check. He turned to Acacia after the waiter nodded and turned to get it, "I'm paying and if you argue with me on this I will bite you." He threatened.

Acacia laughed and pinched his waist with her clean hand, though it wasn't exactly easy given how he was exaggerating. "You're being dramatic. It's only two months," she grinned wiping the grease from her fingers. She kissed him on the cheek and added, "It's fine even if you do get chubby. My dorm has a gym upstairs anyways. You can use it if you want."

On that subject, she realized she should probably start working out again. It's been a while since she last hit the gym. Though she was skinny because of her high metabolism, it was still nice to be fit.

"Huh," Acacia rose a brow at the threat, "Kinky, but no. We'll split it this time," she grinned, taking out half the amount and handing it to the waiter before Tyler could argue. She stuck her tongue out at him cheekily.

"Even if I don't get chubby I'm going to lose my abs." Tyler said with a pout. He took pride in his body like any person and loved the fact that he could eat as much as he can and still burn off the calories in practice and maybe a trip or two to the gym. "I think I'll take you up on that offer." He added, distracted as he took out his wallet that he didn't get the chance to stop her from paying half.

He pouted when he realized what happened. "Let me spoil you." He said in a whiny high pitched voice, paying the other half and adding the tip then once the waiter had turned his back Tyler grabbed Acacia's hand and nibbled on the side of her thumb to carry through with his threat. It was with less intensity than the time she bit him and not as hot but he proved a point.

Acacia grinned, having secretly appreciated Tyler's body during their body swap. Of course, she wasn't low enough to touch him or well.. herself as him but she knew what was underneath that clean pressed shirt.

"Fine," Acacia huffed, crossing her arms, "I'll let you cover ice-cream then. Deal?" she said, biting back a snicker at his bites. His silliness was endearing.

Sliding out from her seat, Acacia helped Tyler up and they washed their hands at the sink before leaving the shop. She took the liberty of flicking some of the water on her hands at him playfully when they did so.

Tyler grinned in victory when Acacia said she'd let him cover ice-cream. He was already planning on how he'll distract her long enough for that to already happen.

He laughed when she flicked water at him and swatted her hands away. "Are you like five?" He teased her, unable to flick water back as he'd already tried his hands.

The ice cream place wasn't that far away so they walked slowly, taking their time. "If you could live in the universe of one movie, what movie would it be?" He asked her when he remembered their movie plans back at his place.

"Maybe, but that still makes me older than you." She was pretty sure she was older, being one of the few who were born near the beginning of the year.

She thought a bit about his question. Such a thought never occurred to her, "I don't know. Maybe something like Ready Player One or Valerian? I'm not really sure. I haven't thought about it before," she answered, stringing her fingers into his hands as they walked. It was colder now that it was later, but Acacia found that she liked the chill. "What about you? Which universe would you choose?"

"Wait. Are you really older than me? When's your birthday?" Tyler asked, finding it strange that he never asked that question before.

At her answer his eyes widened and he grinned, "Jinx! I'd totally choose Ready Player One. I loved that movie." He told her, giving her hand a little squeeze, "You'd love to be in that scene where they went from one horror movie to the other, wouldn't you?" He added, guessing that was probably her favorite part in the movie.

"March 21st," Acacia answered, amused to see that they shared the answer. She shook her head at his later comment, "I like watching horror movies but I don't think I ever want to be in one. I guess I like the exploration aspect of it? Seems pretty neat. A Tolkien world like Lord of the Rings would be pretty cool too," Acacia pointed out as they neared the ice-cream trolley situated which also sold hot dogs for some odd reason.

She suddenly had a thought and smacked her forehead. "Oh wait! How could I forget, Harry Potter? Being a witch would be pretty awesome too," Acacia grinned, browsing the flavors the trolley had to offer. The selection isn't as great as a ice-cream parlor, but this was the closest ice-cream stop there is. Acacia chose two flavors: mint chocolate and coffee while she waited for Tyler to choose his two.

"Damn. May 4th. You're almost two months older than me." He said, pretending to be annoyed.

"I think I'd like to be in Harry Potter as long as it's before Voldemort's time or after it. And I definitely don't want to be in Hogwarts the same time Harry is there." He mused mostly to himself as he came to stand in front of the ice cream stand and looked at his choices. He ended up picking vanilla and strawberry yogurt.

He paid after they both got their ice cream and they started walking again. Tyler reached down and laced his fingers with hers mostly to be romantic but also to lean on her as a crutch, then gestured with his head at a person in the distance. "Hey isn't that Liam?" He asked and as soon as she looked up he leaned down and stole a lick from her ice cream, the coffee part not the chocolate mint.

"Same, though if we were enrolled into Hogwarts, what house do you think you'll be in? Hufflepuff?" Acacia asked, curious. She would probably be a stereotypical Gryffindor.

When Tyler wasn't looking, she reached over and took a small bite of his ice-cream as pay back for what he did to her pizza crust. She grinned shamelessly when she was caught.

Looking over at where Tyler gestured, the dark made it hard to tell, but Acacia could see a silhouette that looked vaguely like Liam. "Huh, I'm not sure. What's he doing out here?" she wondered aloud, walking closer to the figure.

"I think I'd be Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Ravenpuff. You?" He asked. Tyler saw Acacia in either Gryffindor or Slytherin.

When Acacia moved closer to the random person he pointed at to steal some of her ice cream Tyler quickly tugged at her hand and steered her in the other direction. "No no, not Liam. Oops. My mistake. Guess I need glasses. Oh look! A pet store! Let's go say hi to the little fur balls." He added quickly as he took her in the direction of the store and away from the person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back