• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Twist on Demon Hunting Interest Check

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings! I put this in the Group Interest Check too, but so far no dice. So I thought I'd try my luck with a 1x1 Interest Check instead!

So, to the nitty gritty?

All right!

Time Period: Late-Medieval

Genre: Light-Fantasy/Sci-Fi (no magic or mythical creatures, sorry)

Setting: Fictional continent called Cre' Est

The RP: Brutal combat against Demonically possessed human beings, assassins with a mean streak, and much, much more!

Ahem!

This RP focuses its story around a mixture of adventure, combat, mystery, drama (including the potential for romance), and sci-fi.

Because this world is as realistic as possible, barring a few minor sci-fi elements, the laws of physics must be obeyed and, as stated above, there's no magic or mythical creatures to speak of. Just fantasy ones like Vei Wolves which are wolves the size of a Volkswagen bus (not including the length of the tail) who also sport a toxic saliva similar to that of a Komodo Dragon, and Gil Bears which are essentially Grizzly bears the size of a house and who can absolutely wreck your shit (and everyone else's within their territory) right quick.

What are the sci-fi elements?

Demons, my friend. Or more specifically, Demonic spirits. And we'll get to that in just a bit.

But first! Lemme break down a key character to the story!

The Red-Eyed Demon is an assassin from an organization called Te'i Sai. His irises legitimately produce an ominous crimson light which varies in intensity based on his mood. The more extreme his emotions, the brighter those eyes get.

The reason for those eyes is because his body houses a fragment of a Demonic Spirit, and its core essence was preserved in his eyes before its main body could be destroyed. Why was it in danger of being destroyed? Because Demons cannot exist in our world on their own in a physical form. They need a host body. To implant a Demon into a host body the host must be sacrificed via a Ritual complete with a ritual circle. As long as the ritual is not interrupted in any way, the host's consciousness will be destroyed (effectively killing them) and the Demon will take over in full. If the ritual is interrupted, the Demon is banished back to the Nether Realm and host is usually safe. However, the Red-Eyed Demon's particular spirit was rather resourceful. As the ritual was being interrupted it fragmented itself which allowed the main body to be banished while the fragment it left behind sought refuge within the Red-Eyed Demon's body. Now a permanent resident it causes his eyes to glow (along with a couple other rather nasty side-effects) which is what caught the attention of Te'i Sai to begin with.

Thanks to specialized training, as well as other methods taken by the Grandmaster of Te'i Sai, he's their only publicly known operative with a reputation to match. As an example: assassins typically pride themselves on stealth, efficiency, and subtlety. In and out fast. No witnesses. The Red-Eyed Demon has stealth and efficiency down. However, (seemingly) by choice he's known for his brutality with the rather lovely calling card of splitting his victims from clavicle to groin which, needless to say, leaves behind a giant mess. Not exactly subtle.

This character is, as stated before, central to the RP's story (and is played by yours truly). You'll be seeing him popping in and out of the adventure along the way with some regularity. But for the most part the RP's journey will focus quite heavily on our other characters.

But as for the Demonic Spirits, that ritual I mentioned earlier was previously a lost and forbidden art. But a cultist group has since discovered it and the Red-Eyed Demon was actually their first test subject. They made the mistake of trying the ritual in Roda Valley which caught Te'i Sai's attention, hence why the ritual was interrupted and the Red-Eyed Demon spared the fate of those who suffer a completed ritual.

But that cult didn't die out from that. No, no, no. They're alive and well. And they've been perfecting the ritual in the time since (about 18 years ago) and have finally begun using it more liberally. As of the start of the RP, there are approximately 12 people who've been subjected to a completed ritual and are now fully possessed by Demonic spirits. The presence of the spirit and the death of the host's consciousness removes all natural human mental limitations on the musculature which grants enhanced strength as if they're always pumped to the max on adrenaline. This makes these possessed humans very dangerous as their strength, speed, reflexes are all topped out on top of the Demonic spirit's natural ferocity and desire for the death of all life in our world.

These Demonic possessed aren't the only threats we'll face. But they are the primary which is why we will see them sparingly. But when we do see them, the encounters will be brutal.

So hopefully you're excited about that!

Your Characters:

Your characters can come from whatever walk of life you like so long as it fits within the medieval (non-magical) fantasy genre which includes (but is not limited to) blacksmiths, tailors, carpenters, butchers, vendors/traders, teachers, doctors, architects, artist, mercenaries, bounty hunters, florists, street cleaners, being homeless, rogues, thieves, assassins, apothecaries, nomads, loggers, farmers, ranchers, innkeepers, restauranteurs, etc. Literally anything that works within this kind of genre is open to you.

There are only a few basic rules for character creation, and they are as follows:

1) Your character may not have ever been part of Te'i Sai, know(n) anyone within it, or have had any direct communication or conflict with them at any point in time (Te'i Sai makes it a point never to engage anyone outside the organization).

- Catching a glimpse of them moving about it okay though. Stealthy as the are they're not literal walking shadows that nobody can spot. Lol.

2) Do not refer to your character as being "the best" (or anything that implies being the best) at what they do (especially if they're in their 20's or younger), or that they're a "master" of anything unless they're above the age of 35 (that's as young as a "master" goes for me).

And that's it!

Other than those two simple limits you're free to go absolute ham on whatever character you want to create!

The World: Providing there's enough interest in the RP idea I'll provide all of the world info you could possibly need in some OOC threads. But again, that's if the idea gets off the ground. I've had trouble getting this idea going recently on this and other sites. So fingers crossed and here's hoping!!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back