• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Twilight's Last Gleaming [Alt. History RP]

Alaric

The Southern Writer
Welcome to “Twilight's Last Gleaming”, an American Political and Character RP where players can explore the intricacies of a government long gone, from the Radical policies of the North to the racist politics of the South, with politicians serving from Tallahassee to Sacramento to Augusta. The year is 1859. President Buchanan has done little to bridge the divide between the Borth and the South. Washington City is severely divided, the Congress has proven ineffective, and the courts are hardly any better. The Senate is divided with 38 Democrats, 26 Republicans, and 2 Know-Nothings holding office. The House is hardly any better: 5 Know-Nothings, 98 Democrats, 115 Republicans, and 15 Southern Oppositionists. Unable to get much done without intervention from God himself, Congress is widely seen as illegitimate and ineffectual.

Both sides are angry, yet the stage is set to require their collaboration. In just a few short weeks, the campaign for the 1860 contest will begin, and Buchanan has refused to submit his name as a candidate. The battle lines are already drawn between the Northeastern Yankees and the Radical Southerners. The Moderate Midwest will be the key to unlocking a path forward. Whispers of secession and war abound. What is your place in this most dangerous and wicked game? It is up to you to decide how you will manage in this climate. Will you oppose the policies from the left? Champion others on the right? Or try and chart a middle path amid one of the most polarized periods in American History?

Maybe you're a Senator fighting to end slavery. Maybe you're a Congressman that challenges anyone that likes the idea of Negro suffrage to a duel. Maybe you're a Governor, Judge, Justice, or Mayor that wants to hold the nation together. Or maybe you're someone else that wants to stand on the sidelines and watch what happens. Create an original character, make history and steer them through Twilight's Last Gleaming.​

Uh. I'm not sure how to answer the poll. On one hand, I'm interested to see what happens. On the other hand, this is probably the most controversial period of US history and I don't really feel like sticking my hand inside a hornet's nest.

Uh. I'm not sure how to answer the poll. On one hand, I'm interested to see what happens. On the other hand, this is probably the most controversial period of US history and I don't really feel like sticking my hand inside a hornet's nest.
I think that the controversy is part of the fun. People are giving the chance to make use of morally/ethically obscure characters, thus allowing them to build up new writing/RPing skills by using gray characters rather than someone inherently good/bad.

Oh boy. I'm interested for sure. I just am super wary about this getting shut down and everyone getting a ton of warns. Is this still open?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back