• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Twilight Imperium [Please LOCK & ARCHIVE]

Jabroni

BRIEF HISTORY

Flavor Music

It has been over three thousand years since the fall of the great Lazax Empire. Not much is known before their meteoric rise. It is said they usurped power from the Mahact Kings before establishing an imperial government on Mecatol Rex. In subsequent order, they explored vast quadrants of space and ruled the known galaxy for millennia. Each newly discovered race received a charter for its home sector and gained a seat on the Galactic Council. The Council represented dozens of great races and hundreds of smaller civilizations. This was where agendas, laws and polices underwent heated discussions. Among diplomats, the Emperor held great influence here and was often a critical negotiator.

However, during what is referred to in the Imperial Chronicle as the "Age of Dusk", a period of discontent and turmoil threatened to tear the galaxy apart. Colonial expansion ground to a halt. Growth of scientific and cultural pursuits waned in the face of self-serving forces. Rebellions became more frequent as well, and during the reign of Salai Sa Corian one such rebellion brought entire sectors into open conflict. A trade blockade between two of the great races resulted in a fierce naval battle near the Quann Passage, a wormhole connecting distant territories. Many ships were lost with all hands aboard. In response, the Emperor enacted the Maandu Edict which declared all warships to be placed under direct imperial supervision.

w6gX3lj.png

This infuriated the great races and several pulled out of the Galactic Council. Resulting hostilities between hundreds of worlds is called the "Age of Twilight" or the "Twilight Wars". Over a period of roughly seventy war-torn years, the Empire clung on to existence. Some of the heaviest fighting occurred at the capital as it became a battleground between entire sectors. Salai Sa Corian watched in despair as the bombs fell across Mecatol City. During its final days, the few remaining factions supporting his throne alpha striked the palatial estates. The emperor, along with his entire family died under orbital bombardment and no successor was ever named. Civilizations continued to fight centuries after to secure the Imperial Throne but to no avail. No one was strong enough, and instead ended up weakening their own positions in a never-ending downward spiral.

In conclusion, the Twilight Wars caused the downfall of not only the Lazax but most of the great races. A collapse in economics, learning and culture triggered the "Dark Years" over several millennia. Borders shrank to their initial charters or even smaller. Many territories previously owned or claimed became lost in space and left to their own fates.

PRESENT

Reemerging from the ashes, drastic changes are taking place. For starters, we are seeing systems being reclaimed at greater rates than ever before. The Galactic Council's numbers have also swelled back up over the years. It seems people increasingly want their problems solved the old way once again. In addition, the Winnaran Custodians of Mecatol Rex have issued a communique expressing an open bid for the Imperial Throne. Such an event has never taken place before in the history of the galaxy. Their requirements are somewhat vague, but ultimately each claimant must have a sufficient amount of influence over multiple sectors. Without meeting these requirements, the Custodians will not hand over the planet and will consider any attempt to do so an invasion.

TypdnJa.jpg

Star Map of the Known Galaxy (download for better viewing). Each red box represents a sector. The yellow and blue lines are established routes within sectors, and each dot is a system with a number of undisclosed planets.

POINTS OF INTEREST
(This will be updated as locations are revealed)

b3UMRWT.png
Mecatol Rex - Throne-world located within the star system of Arcturus. It is entirely destroyed and toxic besides a thousand leagues of shielded civilization within Mecatol City. That is where the Winnarans, an ancient race from planet Winnu, currently sit as custodians of the Imperial Throne and Galactic Council.

YeNokvi.jpg
Routes - The blue or yellow lines are established routes within a sector, connecting two or more systems. Routes are generally safe to travel and exist between the most civilized systems.

t5aSoxU.png
Jump Systems - Some systems have wormholes that can jump between places of the same color. For example, Betelgeuse and Antares allow direct travel across sectors.

SUMMARY AND RULES

So this is based off a board game called Twilight Imperium. Players will assume a faction and start with 1 sector under their control. There is no absolute objective. If you just want to be traders or think tanks that's perfectly fine. Another option is you can try to gain influence and become Emperor. In order to become Emperor, you must "acquire" more sectors either through support from other players or forceful takeover. The more of these you have, the greater your influence when you go to take Mecatol Rex. The Winnarans aren't just going to hand it over to anybody. This will require a lot of work and maneuvering to say the least.

Ground Rules:

1. Minimum one (1) paragraph response per post.
2. Player Versus Player (PVP) will be decided between the two parties. If they can't come to an agreement, then the GM will be called to decide.
3. Character sheets must be approved with a "like" react from me. You cannot play without it.
4. You will be asked to make adjustments in order to avoid these things:
  • Metagaming - using Out of Character (OOC) knowledge for In Character (IC) roleplay.
  • Powergaming - gaining an unfair or unrealistic advantage over other players.
5. This isn't an exhaustive list. Most importantly, let's just all try to have fun!

Submit Character Sheets Here --> CS THREAD

CHARACTER SHEET
(Feel free to manipulate and rearrange this as you like. Please just keep the pertinent information.)

Faction Name:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Starting Sector:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
(download map and fill in sector with a color of your choice. Set it to 20% transparency/opaque)

Brief History:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Race and Culture:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Government:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Military and Technology:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Last edited:
Hello! I'm quite interested in this RP, could you tell me more about the various factions? I've read up a bit on the 10+ factions in the game but most of their wiki pages had terminology pretty specific to the game and I'm not sure how or if that would translate to the RP.

Hello! I'm quite interested in this RP, could you tell me more about the various factions? I've read up a bit on the 10+ factions in the game but most of their wiki pages had terminology pretty specific to the game and I'm not sure how or if that would translate to the RP.

Sure! So the short answer is it doesn't. We're going to stray away from using mechanics and letting the RP take over. You can certainly choose one of the original factions but are more than welcome to create your own. The terms you create flesh out what is that makes the race unique, and how they behave in the universe.

This idea seems super cool. But (maybe I'm wrong) it seems to me this would go under the Nation Builder section, no?
Unless.... can we RP as an individual and not an entire faction?

This idea seems super cool. But (maybe I'm wrong) it seems to me this would go under the Nation Builder section, no?
Unless.... can we RP as an individual and not an entire faction?

You're right, it would fit more in that section. I put it in groups since I figure more people look in here. We can definitely put an option for playing certain characters, but of course someone will have to make a faction for them to exist.

I've never tried anything like this before so I'd be walking blind into this, but color me interested! Seems like a really neat concept with a lot of interesting potential. :)

I've never tried anything like this before so I'd be walking blind into this, but color me interested! Seems like a really neat concept with a lot of interesting potential. :)

Awesome! There's really not much to it at all once you get used to thinking about your characters as parts of a whole. Otherwise it's really similar. And I totally agree with you about the possibilities with this!

Anyway, for anyone who wants to take a shot at this: CS THREAD

Its been awhile and I apologize for that. I've been trying to get everything put together for the CS thread and I just found out RPNation deleted my draft D: But I think I have some of it saved else where, so hopefully I can try to finalize it soon.

Its been awhile and I apologize for that. I've been trying to get everything put together for the CS thread and I just found out RPNation deleted my draft D: But I think I have some of it saved else where, so hopefully I can try to finalize it soon.

This RP is being shelved for the time being. Maybe some day in the distant future I'll see about throwing it back out there. Lock & archive for now.

This RP is being shelved for the time being. Maybe some day in the distant future I'll see about throwing it back out there. Lock & archive for now.
Absolutely fair, was a good concept and if you ever do bring it back, please let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back