• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Twd: DnD style idea

Illusive

I've been playing Telltales games a lot, and I kind of want to create my own. Unfortunately I'm not a game Dev, so this is all I got! This is NOT a cannon role-play and there won't be any characters you know! Sorry!

What I need:

Five characters of various ages to be played by players (You guys)
Detailed paragraphs
Good grammar/Spelling
Wait your turn and follow a post order
Post on this site, I don't do discord or emails.
be okay with the occasional character death so long as it moves the story forward.
Vary the age group, I don't want a cast of five teenagers. I need some of you to play kids/older people.
Provide a writing sample
Understand that, while it is first come first serve I will still reject you if I don't think your writing is detailed enough! Nothing personal I just want a detailed role-play.
Write in 3rd person
Not be put of by the fact that I cannot code/give me a code to use for the role-play :P

What I will be doing:

I will be playing the environment. Walker attack? I'll make it happen. You meet a group of survivors? I'll control them and introduce them. You guys have to react and depending on YOUR choices, I'll move the story forward.
I might kill of your characters BUT this will be rare and only if you give me the ok. Mostly I'll just kill off my own after letting your characters get close to them. IF you are ok with a character dying, you will have the opportunity to make a new one to replace them!
If your character has family members, allow me to play them as NPCs! I only want people controlling one character each to keep it from being too confusing!
I will post at the end of each round, and I will also be posting at any time I see fit but this should disrupt the order!

What you will be doing:

You play your character. Her/his thoughts, actions, feelings and words are all controlled by you.
Feel free to add to the story in ways that aren't controlling anyone else or anything around you. For example 'My 10 year old female character got her first period!' or 'Shoot I cut myself on a rusty nail jutting out' or 'its cold and I think I've got a fever!'

If you'd like to join please drop a reply below! If you could all provide a sample post of at least 200-400 words to show me your writing style in 3rd person, that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
(I've never played the game but I'm interested none the less. This is a passage from a past roleplay, hope that's okay.)

Ami clenching her first was the only indication she gave that she heard Mia. She really hoped that Mia's best was enough to keep her little brother alive until they came back.

She scanned the map as she listened to Nick. He was talking louder than usual and she wondered if he was nervous or scared. She imagined he was nervous, knowing how she felt when she found out about Charlie and how little time she had. There was something about the map though that she couldn't quite place. She knew it wasn't wrong but something told her there was something missing on it. She didn't get to figure out what though as Nick kissed her neck distractedly.

She took comfort in his touch, leaning into him as his arm went around her. She felt one of her hands clench his shirt right before he whispered in her ear. She knew there was a possibility that he wouldn't be able to keep his promise but she didn't care, she just nodded silently. As Nick went to pull away, she kept her grip on his shirt for a second longer. She let go to continue analyzing the map when it hit her.

She rushed into the kitchen, searching drawer after drawer until she found what she was looking for. It was another map, but with much more notes written on it. She set the second map next to Nick's and compared the two. The second map was her paranoid dad's. He had written down places that would be safe to hide, camp, find supplies, and more during a zombie apocalypse.

"Everything you said about Haven is true, but it's security is one of the weaker hospitals. If they wanted to get into it they would have no problem in doing so," Ami explained after a couple of minutes. "But the town right next to it. They have a small hospital but their blood bank is locked up in the basement. Apparently with high security."

She looked up at Nick to see what he thought of the new information. She thought they could at least check out the other town since it was actually closer to them. Then go to Haven if they had no luck. She new it could be a waste of their time, which they had little of but it was closer, and according to her dad, more likely to have blood.

I'm down. Let me write up something, possibly with a character I might use. I'll have something soon!

Okay so, maybe running in the middle of the night had been a bad idea. But who could blame her for trying, seriously, it was immensely cooler at night. Most of her jog had gone off without a hitch and she had been whistling idly to herself when she heard it, a crunching noise like someone walking through leaves. Morgan had brushed it off at first, chalking it up to being some deer or another but the second time it happened she got worried. That's when she made the mistake of stopping.

The second Morgan's footsteps stopped a low growl sounded from the brush along the path. Now, Morgan wasn't a skittish or even very cautious person and she had no problem with going to investigate. She should've kept running, went home and gone to bed, but she had to be brave then of all times. Her tennis shoe clad feet hit the foilage below her with an overly loud crunch as she stepped off the beaten path. Morgan stopped momentarily, listening to be sure she hadn't scared whatever it was off. Another growl told her she hadn't.

Morgan should've known she was being idiotic, the thing was growling at her for Gods sake. Who went toward something growling at them? Another step forward had her blindly stepping on the foot of the growling thing. A yowl echoed around the forest, bouncing off the trees and the inside of her head. A wolf. She had literally just stepped in a wolf. Morgan reeled back and stumbled straight into a tree, her hands clutched at the bark. The animal didn't move, though she could see it's teeth shining in the moonlight and hear it's low gutteral whine. She should've left.

The wolf was trapped it seemed. There was a metal trap clamped around it's back left paw, the shiny metal teeth coated in thick blood. Morgan pushed herself off the tree as her heart rate slowed to a considerably normal pace. She rubbed green eyes tiredly and sighed, hands on her hips. There was no way she could leave the poor thing trapped here, no, she had too big of a heart for that. Morgan knew she wouldn't be able to get close enough to the wolf to pry it open with her hands so she'd have to think of a different way.

A thick, broken tree branch lying next to her feet caught Morgans eye. If she could get that between the teeth of the trap and the wolfs leg she might be able to get it open. Morgan picked up the branch and moved around to the back of the wolf, it growled again and attempted to turn around it's dark fur bristling. Thankfully, it wasn't actually able to turn around due to it's state of pain. Morgan approached cautiously with the branch extended. The thin end of the branch slid easily into the traps teeth and Morgan breathed a sigh of relief. With a few yanks and protesting whines from the wolf the trap popped open with a "snap". The animal immediately turned on Morgan, teeth bared.

"Well, that was a great idea." Morgan cursed, holding the branch out in front of her as some sort if makeshift defense. The wolf seemed to grin in the moonlight as it lunged for her, the branch flying away harmlessly. The last thing Morgan saw before the searing pain in her left arn made her pass out was the glint of a flashlight in the distance accompanied by shouting and tgw sound of running footsteps.
Here ya go, this was made up in the spot. Sorry if it's kinda rusty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back