• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Turn off RTE?

labyrinthine

i would if i could
How do I turn off RTE without using the toggle bbcode option? I've looked into preference settings and it isn't there.

How do I turn off RTE without using the toggle bbcode option? I've looked into preference settings and it isn't there.
The only way to turn it on or off is with the in the post editor field. Once you turn it on or off, it holds that setting till you change it again.

The only way to turn it on or off is with the in the post editor field. Once you turn it on or off, it holds that setting till you change it again.
For some reason though, it doesn't hold the setting? Whenever I close the browser and open it, it comes back to RTE.

That's odd. Mine remembers to keep it off even across different devices. Does your browser clear your cookies when it closes?

For some reason though, it doesn't hold the setting? Whenever I close the browser and open it, it comes back to RTE.
Hmm that is odd. Has it only been doing this recently for you? You say you close the whole browser right? Are you using incognito mode by chance? What browser? Desktop or mobile?

Hmm that is odd. Has it only been doing this recently for you? You say you close the whole browser right? Are you using incognito mode by chance? What browser? Desktop or mobile?
Chrome is automatically set to incognito mode (mobile), but on my desktop it isn't set to incognito yet it still doesn't save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back